Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Laserface posted:

The CX is largely panned from what I understand. People were buying used b/c8/9 as there was banding issues on the CX.

The B8 I have doesn't do 120hz at 4K which I'm fine with, but felt it was worth mentioning as a cheaper option than a c1.

I buy a new tv every 10 years so I'm not the best person to ask I guess. My old Bravia died a few yrs ago and the jump to the B8 was incredible.

The CX is still considered the best option, right before the C1, at this time. Every issue has now been solved with firmware updates, it's a fantastic gaming tv according to HDTV-test and highly recommended by him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(digital_video_recorder)

PS1 → PS2 → PS One → PSX → PS3 → PS TV
compared to a simple
Xbox → Xbox 360 → Xbox One → Xbox Series
you can sort them by name!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The one/series naming convention is as bad as the Wii/Wii U and the only reason I know the difference is that enough people actually give a poo poo about the series X, but I still call the Xbox one X on accident 95% of the time.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I call it an xbox.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If xbox was truly committed to past hardware they would release a streaming app to play Series games on your 360

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

If xbox was truly committed to past hardware they would release a streaming app to play Series games on your 360

it's called Internet Explorer :grin:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Really videos games failed at naming their consoles when they stopped using words like "super and mega" in the new one. Super Xbox would have been a good name. Or naming consoles after predators. Xbox Tigers would have also been good. Or Jeffrey Epxbox.

If MS hired me I would have called it Xbox Load Blast. it's a very powerful name that implies lightning fast SSD load times, but also very subtlety makes you think about cumming which is a thing almost everyone secretly enjoys.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sorry, son, this game is for the Xbox 360: Super Turbo, you've got a Xbox 360: Championship Edition

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1303483513350610948

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
In a major blow to Sonys Playstation 5 , Phil Spencer releases Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Pretty sure I've clocked an easy 500+ days between all the MMOs in my life.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Still not good at video games though.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

drat, Xbox Museum is really cool. Most played is still Mass Effect on 360, lol.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

My most played is GTA5 somehow and I never really touched the online part of that. I really assumed it would be either Skyrim or Halo 3.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Really enjoying Forza Horizon 5, turns out my wife loves it.

She’s cruising around, doing a bunch of the open world item collecting and box-ticking activities, I do occasional races that she’s got no interest in, and play spotter when she’s hunting another barn find.

It’s worked out we’ve barely scratched the festival quests part of the game, but will have mapped out the entire world by tomorrow morning, and knocked off some of the “top 2%” achievements, just from my wife tooling around drifting into poo poo and ticking boxes.

Finally her intense, competitive, completionist approach is focused on the important stuff.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

John F Bennett posted:

The CX is still considered the best option, right before the C1, at this time. Every issue has now been solved with firmware updates, it's a fantastic gaming tv according to HDTV-test and highly recommended by him.

I have a CX and I can confirm that it is an absolutely wonderful TV for both 4k movies and for gaming.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Xbox Museum spirals me into an existential crisis by showing me how much of my life has been spent on Xbox, let alone other gaming.

Rainbow Six Vegas is the crowning achievement in my life, apparently.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Was trying to log in to the Xbox Museum site on my Series X. Wouldn't let me, got some error message, then another telling me I didn't have enough "memory" to log in!

Then I deleted all local app cache. Foolishly, instead of typing the address in manually this time, I BINGED "xbox museum", and none of the results were for the site itself. Bing is truly the Devil's work.

Edit: Heh, first console I played was "Xbox Series" with a picture of a 360 there. Hilarious.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 24, 2021

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

At least you got a +1 for the 50 Bing searches this week!

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

John F Bennett posted:

At least you got a +1 for the 50 Bing searches this week!

Is that their ploy to get you to use Bing more, give you poo poo results until you run out of keywords to try, then just use Google? Like Bing is sometimes insultingly bad.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

veni veni veni posted:

Really videos games failed at naming their consoles when they stopped using words like "super and mega" in the new one. Super Xbox would have been a good name. Or naming consoles after predators. Xbox Tigers would have also been good. Or Jeffrey Epxbox.

If MS hired me I would have called it Xbox Load Blast. it's a very powerful name that implies lightning fast SSD load times, but also very subtlety makes you think about cumming which is a thing almost everyone secretly enjoys.

Tired: Xbox -> Xbox 360 -> Xbox One -> Xbox Series X
Wired: Xbox -> Xbox 2 -> Xbox 3 -> Xbox 4
Inspired: Xbox -> Super Xbox -> Xbox 64 -> Xboxcube

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Well that's frustrating.

I've been playing Dicey dungeons on the PC quite a bit. Done about 20 of the episodes. I thought I would try it on the Xbox. It did the synching thing and had no save game so I assumed it was not a cross play title. Turns out it is and it erased my save on my PC as well. All that progress lost.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Really missed the chance for Xbox Xtreme

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Could still squeeze in calling a streaming service XStream or something.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Xbox Zzyzx will be the world's most powerful console.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Apparently my first rare achievement was called "Getting Wood" which is pretty great

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Crafty posted:

What’s the best gaming tv that people are always talking about? I know it’s an LG but there’s a bunch with similar names and I don’t want to buy the wrong one, but the idea of reading about TVs repulses me.

Any B- or C-series OLED is Pretty Good and Great, respectively. Reviewers love them both. The G-series is even better, but even more expensive. The second digit is just the year designation, with "X" taking the place of years that end in 0 (e.g. the LG CX was their 2020 model, while the C1 is the 2021 model, and the C9 was the 2019 model.)

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The first game played on my Xbox 360 was GTA IV and the first game played on my Xbox Series X was Burnout Paradise Remastered and my most played game is Metal Gear Solid V. This is fascinating information and I enjoyed sharing it with you.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Kevyn posted:

The first game played on my Xbox 360 was GTA IV and the first game played on my Xbox Series X was Burnout Paradise Remastered and my most played game is Metal Gear Solid V. This is fascinating information and I enjoyed sharing it with you.

My first 360 game was Rumble Roses XX

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Tsietisin posted:

Well that's frustrating.

I've been playing Dicey dungeons on the PC quite a bit. Done about 20 of the episodes. I thought I would try it on the Xbox. It did the synching thing and had no save game so I assumed it was not a cross play title. Turns out it is and it erased my save on my PC as well. All that progress lost.

This sounds like something Lady Luck would do.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Apparently my first rare achievement was called "Getting Wood" which is pretty great

My first achievement overall is called "Spectacular Start" apparently. Wish the museum would let you dig more info up cause what the hell game is that, I can't figure it out. I got a 360 in november of 2005 so there weren't a lot of games, or is that an error placeholder

Barudak fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 24, 2021

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
This Xbox museum thing is either operating off some funky data or its deliberately trolling me.

It is doing things like 'Most played game' - showing a picture of Halo 3, (accurate) with the title 'Call of Duty Black Ops 2' (never played it?)

My first console has a picture of a OG 360, with the title 'Xbox Series' - I don't own anything newer than a Xbone.

Similarly, my first online game was Destiny apparently. Despite me owning the console for 5 years and playing hundreds of online games before!

My rarest achievement is 'Welcome to Los Santos' from GTA5, which im sure you get by simply starting the game. I guess not many people must have played that game.

Isometric Bacon fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 24, 2021

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/MKBHD/status/1463568101023404040?s=20

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Isometric Bacon posted:

This Xbox museum thing is either operating off some funky data or its deliberately trolling me.

It is doing things like 'Most played game' - showing a picture of Halo 3, (accurate) with the title 'Call of Duty Black Ops 2' (never played it?)

My first console has a picture of a OG 360, with the title 'Xbox Series' - I don't own anything newer than a Xbone.

Similarly, my first online game was Destiny apparently. Despite me owning the console for 5 years and playing hundreds of online games before!

My rarest achievement is 'Welcome to Los Santos' from GTA5, which im sure you get by simply starting the game. I guess not many people must have played that game.

It showed me as first taking my 360 online in March 2007. I didn't own one until October 2007.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

lol, this is all funny as hell

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

over 90% of my achievements are rare achievements so this might be game pass loving up stats for everybody

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Can someone advise me of the types and correct amount of drugs for playing DEEEER simulator?

EDIT: I'm thinking it's all of them. Just all of them.

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 24, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

My most played game is Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Which is surprising, but also rad because that game was good as gently caress.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wish I could tell this thing I got an original Xbox in 2003 but couldn't connect it to Xbox Live.

Does it only count Gold as your first time connecting to Xbox Live? Because I got a 360 sometime in 2008 but it says I first connected it to Xbox Live in 2009, and I'm pretty sure I had connected it to the free Live as soon as I got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My most played game is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I guess I did play the poo poo out of that back on 360 :shobon:

Detective No. 27 posted:

I wish I could tell this thing I got an original Xbox in 2003 but couldn't connect it to Xbox Live.

Does it only count Gold as your first time connecting to Xbox Live? Because I got a 360 sometime in 2008 but it says I first connected it to Xbox Live in 2009, and I'm pretty sure I had connected it to the free Live as soon as I got it.
It said I first logged in to Xbox Live in 2008, but I didn't get a 360 until 2009. It says my first 360 game was Fallout 3, but I played that on PC. It was the Games for Windows Live version, so I guess that counts as logging into Xbox Live?

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 24, 2021