Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Powershift posted:

Look at the bright side.

It wouldn't have lasted long.(it took me way too long to figure out a car/tune combo)

How did you get the Clio 93 down to class D?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Finally took down one of those drat Jimmy records (Mangrove Scramble)

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Tayter Swift posted:

Just beat it in the Mini! I don't know how to find my tune's share code but it's "4 on Floor" by TayterSwift.

This tune can be driven flat out for petty much the whole series. They'll pull away from you in the second and third race but you'll make up for it when you basically never brake for a turn except maybe twice.

Edit: Had to search my own name wtf, but it's 174 503 103
Thanks, this helped me beat the volcano track, but I was still getting stomped on the eastern track. That one seems to be really random - sometimes the AI loses no time for water or jumps, and you just can't catch them, even running flat out for the entire run.

I ended up buying a dirt cheap X5 at auction and won the race completely stock, but I think it was more lucky RNG than anything.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Fair enough, glad you got through it :)

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Play posted:

I decided to not give a gently caress about seasonal objectives. Just a tool of the man to hold you down and take away from your FREEDOM

That's fine, of course, but the civic, for example, is selling for nearly 10 mil right now, mine sold within seconds, and if you hang on to it, it will eventually be a 20 mil car. In fact, if you're lucky enough to be a master tuner or painter, you CAN sell them for 20 mil, and they are all selling for that price.

Now, if you're a dirty glitcher, if you took advantage of the glitches and things, well 10 mil is nothing really. But if you're an idiot like me who avoided glitches, well 10 mil is a decent chunk of change. And Forza points are easyish to come by, (remember to buy the house) that you'll be making 10-20 mil per season just from the seasonal stuff every week.

Besides, 100% ing all the seasonal objectives takes a couple of hours a week. I can't imagine why you wouldn't do them. Credits and cars wise, I don't think there's anything more rewarding in the game than the seasonal playlist.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Nov 24, 2021

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
10 mil you say? :stare:

But the '84 Civic is now my favourite D class car :negative:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I barely had any time to get the car. I’m hanging on to it for a while. Plus I love the CRX.

Maybe next season I’ll actually pay attention and get things done without waiting until the last minute.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Mr. Neutron posted:

Not the 84 civic, the one from the Seasonal Forza Point shop

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Nov 24, 2021

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiS42DFTgGM

Decided to make a video of my slightly unhinged gameplay preferences

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Control Volume posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiS42DFTgGM

Decided to make a video of my slightly unhinged gameplay preferences

why does it look like this? is that video compression?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah, my computer cant handle much higher bitrate without dropping frames

e: actually its because OBS decided to switch back to constant bit rate for some bizarre reason

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Nov 24, 2021

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

skooma512 posted:

How did you get the Clio 93 down to class D?

The rear spoiler drops it to D490

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

the CRX is only up to 3 million so far.

i bought all mine at 1.2

The delorean is up to 469k

The NSX-R GT is an accolade award so i wasn't expecting them to go up that far but they're at $19m. Should have bought a bunch for $1m last week.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 24, 2021

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Powershift posted:

The NSX-R GT is an accolade award so i wasn't expecting them to go up that far but they're at $19m. Should have bought a bunch for $1m last week.

Which accolade is that?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

Which accolade is that?

i thought it was for 3 stars on speed zones, but that's the regular NSX-R. sorry

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
squeaked by

ruta norte

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

0.009 seconds, that's cold

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Arch Of Mulege Circuit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Looks like there was a big livery ban overnight.
As I successfully log in to look at my unblemished catalogue of gaudy and sensibility-offending garbage, I'm left to wonder: Am I not cool enough to get banned?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This is going to shock your balls off, but today's daily challenge doesn't work.

GolfHole posted:

As I successfully log in to look at my unblemished catalogue of gaudy and sensibility-offending garbage, I'm left to wonder: Am I not cool enough to get banned?

A friend whose only upload is the Looney Tunes Roadrunner on the side of a dart got a week ban for it.

Something tells me Playground Games doesn't have all their ducks in a row.

Although he did put it on the dart until they give us the plymouth roadrunner back so maybe he had it coming

e: apparently they banned for offensive license plates too.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 24, 2021

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Powershift posted:

This is going to shock your balls off, but today's daily challenge doesn't work.

it works if you slow rolled it and still have story chapters left to complete :smugdog:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Powershift posted:

A friend whose only upload is the Looney Tunes Roadrunner on the side of a dart got a week ban for it.

Although he did put it on the dart until they give us the plymouth roadrunner back so maybe he had it coming

They can take my Garfield liveries when I'm dead.
I'm late for my nap!!!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GolfHole posted:

They can take my Garfield liveries when I'm dead.
I'm late for my nap!!!

gonna git got for this one tho

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Funso Banjo posted:

That's fine, of course, but the civic, for example, is selling for nearly 10 mil right now, mine sold within seconds, and if you hang on to it, it will eventually be a 20 mil car. In fact, if you're lucky enough to be a master tuner or painter, you CAN sell them for 20 mil, and they are all selling for that price.

Now, if you're a dirty glitcher, if you took advantage of the glitches and things, well 10 mil is nothing really. But if you're an idiot like me who avoided glitches, well 10 mil is a decent chunk of change. And Forza points are easyish to come by, (remember to buy the house) that you'll be making 10-20 mil per season just from the seasonal stuff every week.

Besides, 100% ing all the seasonal objectives takes a couple of hours a week. I can't imagine why you wouldn't do them. Credits and cars wise, I don't think there's anything more rewarding in the game than the seasonal playlist.

I almost, almost asked, "what do you even need money for in this game once you buy all of the houses?"

I don't know if it's because the "dealership" feels kinda sequestered in menus & loading screens or what, but I've only bought 3 or 4 cars in this game so far. While the wheelspins feel a little too crowded with the chance to land on credits, it's given me plenty of cool/fun/race-appropriate cars.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

GolfHole posted:

I wanted to make a Fozzie Bear livery (Fozzie Horizon 5? Fozzie 5?) but not if I'm gonna get banned for a week because that one section of curly fozz resembles a ballsack.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Qmass posted:

Arch Of Mulege Circuit

An A class, get the hell out of here!

Jeesus, some people

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 24, 2021

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Powershift posted:

And yet, I'm not banned?

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Powershift posted:

Do you mean yesterday's? Todays works fine.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Funso Banjo posted:

Do you mean yesterday's? Todays works fine.

Which story mission did you do it on? had you done it before?

I've tried 3 different ones and none activate it for me.

Deuterious
Oct 17, 2011
I just did one of the V10 ones that I hadn't done before and that task completed fine so it looks like it's the same as before where you have to do one that you haven't done yet.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Deuterious posted:

it looks like it's the same as before where you have to do one that you haven't done yet.

which for cool dudes is none of them

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I'm glad my "ban btc" plate made the cut

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I got a Hoonitruck from a wheelspin last night.

When I saw it, I thought "If I had to design a vehicle for the douchiest dudebro I've ever met, this would be that vehicle" -- but I tried it, and the thing is turning out to be an absolute monster at racking up fast skill points.

I only need 5 more season points to get the second car for Autumn, but I've done all of the events I want to do. It looks like none of the second seasonal reward cars are exclusive to the seasons though?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

WhiteHowler posted:

When I saw it, I thought "If I had to design a vehicle for the douchiest dudebro I've ever met, this would be that vehicle" -- but I tried it, and the thing is turning out to be an absolute monster at racking up fast skill points.

I only need 5 more season points to get the second car for Autumn, but I've done all of the events I want to do. It looks like none of the second seasonal reward cars are exclusive to the seasons though?

correct, they are just rare

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I guess it's time to log back in and see if any of my anime waifu liveries crossed a line that got me banned.

e: No ban, go ahead and embrace the anime, folks.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 24, 2021

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think all the hoonigan cars are real special in one way or another. I got the bel air and it's the most absurd burnout car I have. Understeers everywhere until you give it a whiff of the e-brake, then it's good luck keeping the rear end behind the front end.

I should probably fix that with some tuning but it's pretty stupid fun as is.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

WhiteHowler posted:

If you’re unaware what it is.

https://youtu.be/tik4QgvMwd4
https://youtu.be/ZX2uXBMkO8U

It has the ecoboost out of the Ford GT Le Mans car.

There is a documentary on prime about the making of gymkhana 10 that features a bunch of the cars. It’s pretty good.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
still rocking my illegal license plate, the cops can't stop me!

I am once again asking for your kudos support, please download my Volvo 242 Turbo S1 tune, it is absolutely awesome, I promise!
657 535 852

Just look at it!!! https://gameclips.io/tjiev/e9a7b49a-3657-4571-a093-87fdc5dedfc5
With this car and this technique you will be able to 3-star every drift zone in the game, even the dirt ones (except for 1 of them)!
Just give it full throttle and throw it back and forth, the AWD will keep you on track, it even works with an automatic gearbox, no skill required at all!

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 24, 2021

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Qmass posted:

Arch Of Mulege Circuit

Nice, those Lotuses have given me trouble on every map they have a strong time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Powershift posted:

If you’re unaware what it is.

https://youtu.be/tik4QgvMwd4
https://youtu.be/ZX2uXBMkO8U

It has the ecoboost out of the Ford GT Le Mans car.

There is a documentary on prime about the making of gymkhana 10 that features a bunch of the cars. It’s pretty good.

That's really cool! Thanks for sharing.

Just from the stock livery and mosquito-fart exhaust, at first glance it seems like something you would have seen on any Friday night, cruising outside the local mall circa 2001 with Crazy Town or Puddle of Mudd blasting from the oversized subwoofer.

Edit: I need literally one more seasonal point, and all of the remaining daily challenges are broken. Won a road race in my '65 Ford Transit van, which seemed to take two hours because the top speed is something like a blistering 39 mph.

WhiteHowler fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 24, 2021