Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Who or what is the big green slime guy whose torso and head are in the first pic?

Chemo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemo_(DC_Comics)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
My second Bulma arrived yesterday and is great

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Snacksmaniac posted:

There’s a lot of busted figs in here if anyone wants parts for customs. I can make a thread but there really isn’t much left.

https://imgur.com/a/mfPt4qV

How much would you want for the Sentinel and Hulk?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I want a whole team of Egons. Ghostbusters Egon, Real Ghostbusters Egon, Extreme Egon, and Weird Ghost Egon

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I genuinely hope they go hog wild with the Plasma Series line. RGB, EGB, comics, video game, etc.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Is the Plasma Series selling well enough to at all survive past the current movie tie ins?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

I genuinely hope they go hog wild with the Plasma Series line. RGB, EGB, comics, video game, etc.

Make a Rookie figure from the videogame, you cowards

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Shiroc posted:

My second Bulma arrived yesterday and is great

hell yeah, that's a cool bulma

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

Make a Rookie figure from the videogame, you cowards

Make an Ecto-X figure from the original RGB comics, you cowards.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Going to propose this be the mascot for the Detroit Ghostbusters.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hnnnnng, Mafex X-Force Wade and Logan are looking incredibly tempting...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The plasma series figures have been rotting on the pegs since they came out. The new ones seem to be doing OK except for Finn Wolfhard.

I hope that Egon ghost figure doesn’t sell though and it actively hurts the company in some way lmao

gregday
May 23, 2003

Finally.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Lol consider me spoiled. Honestly I'm OK with egon being in the film, probably wouldn't be a bad story.

I haven't seen the movie and hadn't been spoiled but yesterday I was driving to work when it suddenly came to me that Egon was going to be in the movie in ghost form and I said to myself, "of course"

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

gregday posted:

Finally.

Wow. Cant even photograph him next to the other ghostbusters? Separate but equal busting huh?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Blackchamber posted:

Wow. Cant even photograph him next to the other ghostbusters? Separate but equal busting huh?

Now now. I think he will look nice in the other display next to the life-size Uncle Remus he's got.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

gregday posted:

Finally.

Wow all this to prove to us you’re not racist?? We already know the truth buddy

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Plot twist: it’s a photo of someone else’s Winston that he found online. I think we’re gonna need a newspaper in the photo “proof of life” style as well as some evidence that the photo is yours. :colbert:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cloks posted:

How much would you want for the Sentinel and Hulk?

I sent you a "private" message

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

gregday posted:

Finally.

Out on the town having the time of my life with a bunch of friends. They're all just out of frame, busting too.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

Me during Part 2 of MOTU Revalations. Spoiler, obviously.

He fisted until the very end.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Winston is the best Ghostbuster. Just a working stiff looking to bring home the bacon, ends up saving the world a few times. No big deal.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I know there are Ghostbusters collectors in this thread, but does anyone actually want to buy this?

Hasbro sell a "dead" Optimus Prime, so I'm only surprised he doesn't come with the chair he died in.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

deoju posted:

Winston is the best Ghostbuster. Just a working stiff looking to bring home the bacon, ends up saving the world a few times. No big deal.

It occurred to me at some point that Winston is almost like a reverse comic relief character; not that he isn’t funny, cause he absolutely is, but his role in the story overall is to ground it a little more in reality, and lend dramatic weight to scenes that are otherwise pretty silly. He’s a dramatic relief character. And he rules.

gregday
May 23, 2003

IMO the car ride conversation between Winston and Ray about the end of the world is the best scene in any GB media ever.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

deoju posted:

Saving the world for $11,500 a year.

Even as a kid with no clue about wages or the cost of living halfway across the world, I knew that was some outrageous bullshit.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Plot twist: it’s a photo of someone else’s Winston that he found online. I think we’re gonna need a newspaper in the photo “proof of life” style as well as some evidence that the photo is yours. :colbert:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

For real Winston is completely not on eBay at all when I checked. He’s rare at

gregday
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

For real Winston is completely not on eBay at all when I checked. He’s rare at

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLITZWAY-G...1-127632-2357-0

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s interesting they haven’t been KOed yet.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

The_Doctor posted:

It’s interesting they haven’t been KOed yet.

Probably not any profit to be made if they could.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Sentinel Red posted:

Saving the world for $11,500 a year.

Even as a kid with no clue about wages or the cost of living halfway across the world, I knew that was some outrageous bullshit.

Well, he's cannonically rich now so good for him. When the sequel was announced I thought it'd be fun if he or Janine would be in charge of the business because they took an ownership stake instead of a raise. He did seem interested in restoring Ecto 1 at the end of the movie, so maybe he'll be the money man to revitalize the business if there's a fourth movie.

Part of the idea was supposed to be that they had a lot in common with janitors. Just here to clean up the town.

Winston talking about the end of the world in Ecto 1 does tread pretty closely to the magical negro trope, which is kind of uncomfortable. But I love him, so I can handle it.

deoju fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 25, 2021

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Well played!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

gregday posted:

IMO the car ride conversation between Winston and Ray about the end of the world is the best scene in any GB media ever.

The dialogue is excellently written and moves the plot forward by establishing that Ray has discovered something stranger about the building. It's also great characterization, letting the two characters talk about their opinions about big things, while also establishing that Winston is the equal of the others. The others are scientists, Winston's just some guy, but he's able to hold and basically win a philosophical conversation with Ray. While Ray has the specialized knowledge about ghosts and magic buildings, Winston, because he is further removed from this stuff, is able to see the big picture more clearly.

And at the same time the scene is a slow moment when the movie has started moving pretty quick. It gives the audience a chance to breathe and uses it to establish the stakes that could otherwise get lost amidst the zaniness

It's a goddamn masterclass in the craft of filmmaking.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

deoju posted:

Winston talking about the end of the world in Ecto 1 does tread pretty closely to the magical negro trope, which is kind of uncomfortable. But I love him, so I can handle it.

The hottest of takes.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I was surprised when the new ghostbusters movie came out and the black lady was also not a scientist and also came to the game late.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The SH Monsterarts Hedorah goes up for pre-order tomorrow on the Premium Bandai site. ¥19800 includes 3 forms. You'll need a VPN to check the site and a proxy purchaser like zenmarket.jp to be able to buy it oustide of Japan. The figure ships in June of next year.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000165372/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Man how big is this? $220?? King G was roughly that price. This looks to be $100 at best.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

More like $172 (plus shipping). It's because it's three figures. Also being limited means that the after market will be nuts, especially on a kaiju that has such a cult following like Hedorah. But yeah he's 6.7" tall and slightly longer nose to tail.

I expect to see them go for $400 by 2023.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I really like Hedorah but that one, especially with the three versions, is probably too blobby and grey for my overall bright colors and cute home aesthetic. I do have a little Hedorah that my friend got me from a gacha machine when she was last in Japan that I finally pulled out again