Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

PhazonLink posted:

skip the line by putting a fire hazard into a tunnel thats hard to get fire fighting equipment into because Musk and his Muskrats dont known about the decades / century of blood and bones OSHA and other regs are written with.

Killing rich people in underground infernos would reduce traffic, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Philippe posted:

Killing rich people in underground infernos would reduce traffic, though

what about all the Enriques though :ohdear:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

If modern design has taught us anything its that huge gaping holes in the road have absolutely zero risk

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

AlbieQuirky posted:

what about all the Enriques though :ohdear:

they'll be fine im sure

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
https://twitter.com/skbozphd/status/1462957475632611330?t=v6ICy58H4xnFVru9pOLHbg&s=19

安全带使用体验= "Safety Harness demonstration"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
You are sentenced to be hung by the hi vis safety vest until dead

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

But that's almost definitely a fake tweet, right? Who exactly is the idiot here :magemage:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Baron von Eevl posted:

No Forest Theory

highlight -> right-click -> google -> :catstare: -> close tab -> make post -> seek alcohol

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Martman posted:

But that's almost definitely a fake tweet, right? Who exactly is the idiot here :magemage:

The screenshotted OP, obviously?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

FFT posted:

The screenshotted OP, obviously?
Which is fake, obviously.

e: drat, that dude also epically pwned Peng Shuai, good poo poo!!
https://twitter.com/skbozphd/status/1463303484967567360

Martman has a new favorite as of 12:02 on Nov 24, 2021

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Filthy Haiku posted:

A former coworker of mine was just this perpetually exhausted dude and you could tell he had a rough life. When our conspiracy nut guy ended his rants with 'you think this is a coincidence?!' tired guy eventually just started responding with "yes, everything is. Ever." in the most weary voice he could and resuming what he was doing.

I think about that dude a lot.

I am him.

My conspiracy nut was on a tear today, not sure what’s got him all fired up. He was convinced that homeless people hate classical music because of their low class body vibrations, and that Japanese scientists had measured human positivity changing the shape of the “crystals in the water”, whatever the actual gently caress that means.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Martman posted:

He even admits the tweet was fake and claims it was satire:

https://twitter.com/skbozphd/status/1462999329921114114

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

PuntCuncher posted:

and that Japanese scientists had measured human positivity changing the shape of the “crystals in the water”, whatever the actual gently caress that means.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masaru_Emoto

Videos and results of his "experiments" are classic among certain types of BS artists, I feel like they may even be referenced in What the Bleep Do We Know?

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Martman posted:

gently caress this guy.

"if she was raped, why did she keep spending time with her rapist, hmm? :smuggo:"
"two days after she reported it she disappeared and then was forced to recant on TV"
"HMMMMMM?!?!?! :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo:"

there are a billion reasons a woman might continue to spend time around someone she was assaulted by, and pretend to enjoy their company. none of them change the fact that she was assaulted.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

SimonChris posted:

He even admits the tweet was fake and claims it was satire:
Even better, he says his account is flagged as "satire" so it's ok, but the content is actually basically accurate! Basically admitting to existing for the purpose of misinformation

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Martman posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masaru_Emoto

Videos and results of his "experiments" are classic among certain types of BS artists, I feel like they may even be referenced in What the Bleep Do We Know?

Thank you!

I tried to find some of the things he was referencing, but had no idea what to even start searching for. This is great.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Schubalts posted:

What the gently caress

:allears:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
He's not even right though because Gordon Chang is the China hand he's trying to own, not Gordon Chung

Not that Gordon Chang is any better since he basically espouses the creed "the only good Chinese person is a dead Chinese person" but still

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The whole Peng Shuai incident is a little wtf, and doesn't help that the western media is going all 'North Korean general executed via anti-aircraft cannon, oh wait he showed up again two days later, uhhh' about it.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

quote:

In A View to a Kill, Bond is pitted against Max Zorin, who plans to destroy California's Silicon Valley.

Bond, just let him do it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/selinaposting/status/1463234308873736192

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

Article is paywalled:
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2021/11/15/if-musk-modern-day-henry-ford-hell-have-prove-germany/8622914002/

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The whole Peng Shuai incident is a little wtf, and doesn't help that the western media is going all 'North Korean general executed via anti-aircraft cannon, oh wait he showed up again two days later, uhhh' about it.

What

acyclicity
Oct 27, 2008

A curious little mouse!

There's so many poorly chosen words in that sentence.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Cleretic posted:

She actually put a reply specifically about this one.

https://twitter.com/abbieasr/status/1462967521217331204?t=prJQnfHjhVb6lwWpcIVmHw&s=19

You could still argue the point, but I think it fits there.

There's also an issue with the concept of a "deep state", a term that was co-opted by conspiracy theorists to mean "a cabal of child murdering, satanic ~*globalists*~". The term originally described bureaucracies and agencies that persist from administration to administration and have a broadly negative impact on society, such as the CIA and the State Dept. Incoming administrations don't usually have expertise in international affairs and tend to lean on these existing agencies' experts, which is why we generally have consistent support for right wing dictatorships, coups, Israel, sanctions, etc no matter who the president is. That part isn't a conspiracy at all, just the way the US government works. The current Q formulation is their insane take on a term they've seen smarter people use and just went, "welp, they must mean blood-drinking interdimensional demons, I guess"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Here's a link to a Google doc with the article. It's what you'd expect, really.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VLYBE31uwi528IwyNx8oLxAm_X5bJz2TvASb3op7gVE/edit?usp=sharing

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

:yikes:

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/GoingMedieval/status/1463444428237025280?s=20

gently caress jkr so much

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Lmao at least Ford's parents weren't Apartheid profiteering pieces of poo poo, and Ford actually learned a trade outside of "being a pushy nerd who is around when things take off"

If Elon tweets some anti-semitism it will probably have a wider spread and greater influence than Ford being a protocols stan, and they're both big into violent union busting and working with dictatorships. He's surpassing Ford.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I thought about how Ford would be like with a Twitter and just imagined he would be mad at some random person for a perceived slight and then sponsor a few grifters' substack

Edison would probably post like Elon though

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

“A customer can have a car painted any color he wants as long as it’s fire”

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

JKR is worse of course but twitter Johnny Depp stans being a thing is fuckin weird

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Edison on twitter would be motivational reposts, vacation pics, and not realizing everyone can see him @ a furry roleplay account "I wanna push my bulb past ur socket ; )"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
weird how TERFs always make so much noise about "protecting women from predatory men" but also have no problem whatsoever with predatory men

one has to wonder what gives

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I think you'll find that Tesla was the one who publicly admitted that he wanted to marry an animal

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Tesla also wanted to give everyone electricity for free.

Tough choice.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

"I wanna push my bulb past ur socket OwO"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Context: a few journalists went "undercover" to go to a quack doctor that was filling out medical exemptions from the vaccine for a small fee, they paid the money and reported on it. Good journalism and stuff, but apparently some people don't know what undercover journalism is:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

seiferguy posted:

Context: a few journalists went "undercover" to go to a quack doctor that was filling out medical exemptions from the vaccine for a small fee, they paid the money and reported on it. Good journalism and stuff, but apparently some people don't know what undercover journalism is:

Daniel Walters is a reporter, probably knows the other reporter and is just joking with them.

Edit: I only know this because my mom used to be a reporter and she actually knows him.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Nov 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

gbut posted:

Tesla also wanted to give everyone electricity for free.

Tough choice.

Tesla was a loving crank.