Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Way to pass me critical paperwork about my health insurance and taxes on a Friday evening when the manager who can help me won't be there on the weekend and nobody will be in the main office and it's due before Monday. I guess now I have to contact the tax office directly. That's gonna be fun. Especially in Japanese. At least I have until March I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Every hour I get an automated email containing an empty excel spreadsheet reporting that there's nothing to report. We've changed our internal processes now, making the email redundant. But still, every hour, the email comes. Seasons will change, years will pass, and still, every hour, the email will arrive, reporting nothing.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

Every hour I get an automated email containing an empty excel spreadsheet reporting that there's nothing to report. We've changed our internal processes now, making the email redundant. But still, every hour, the email comes. Seasons will change, years will pass, and still, every hour, the email will arrive, reporting nothing.

I use autofiling for reports for that reason.

Lol I just got a panicked text from my boss, but three truckloads of laundry detergent gallons just got cancelled by P&G. Looooooooooool.

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

This is the modern version of the town crier.

Three O'Clock And All's Well!

Finger Prince

Mormon Nailer posted:

I use autofiling for reports for that reason.

Lol I just got a panicked text from my boss, but three truckloads of laundry detergent gallons just got cancelled by P&G. Looooooooooool.

I'm going to autofile it. Create rule -> subject contains x -> delete it.
Ideally someone would just switch it off. Nobody will switch it off.

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

I'm going to autofile it. Create rule -> subject contains x -> delete it.
Ideally someone would just switch it off. Nobody will switch it off.

For years, i was one of two people at work who actually used server filter rules on email. At a company of 16,000.

I don't understand how everyone else deals with the sheer volume of bullshit sent by email.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Every automated report I am sent is autofiled to the trash because they're loving useless.

If I want a report I'll loving go get it.

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

For years, i was one of two people at work who actually used server filter rules on email. At a company of 16,000.

I don't understand how everyone else deals with the sheer volume of bullshit sent by email.

Changing jobs broke all my inbox filters. I'm slowly rebuilding them. It's much simpler this time.

cruft

These Irish Dance competitions tend to be at resort hotels: probably they get a great rate on conference space. So every couple of weeks I get to experience how rich people treat service workers.

It's honestly about the same as how middle-class people treated service workers in the 90s when I was one: it's a mixed bag.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yeah, uh, it hadn't really gotten better. Some people are absolutely fantastic. Some people are okay. But drat, the nasty people are extra nasty to service workers now.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

We have a hard line policy of firing customers for being lovely to staff. I answer the phone a lot and they try to get lovely and demand things and ask for the "supervisor." They usually tuck tail when I tell them my title, but, I fire them. Because if they're willing to be lovely to the front line people they're welcome to spend money elsewhere. gently caress em all.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
The customer is always wrong, now gently caress offffffff I have poo poo to do

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
Every other job I've had, I would wake up as late as possible and avoid as much as possible. Now I could wake up 2 minutes before work and it would be no problem, yet I find myself awake 3.5 hours before work these days. I don't know why exactly but I know it's because I don't hate my job and don't mind going to work, somehow this translates to me both going to sleep and waking up at a normal time. Maybe because I don't feel the need to stay up super late to get some 'me time' or to put off the next work day? It's pretty neat, whatever it is

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cruft

I think you just described stress.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Yeah, when you're in a poo poo job that you dread going to it has a huge impact on your health. The hard part is finding a job that you don't mind, or at least don't hate going to. I still find myself getting kinda irritable on SundayMonday Eve 'cause my sacred free time is over, but I'm working on letting it go.
I've definitely worked jobs that left me full of venom even after work was over. When you find yourself daydreaming about getting sick or crashing on the way to work so you don't have to go, it's time to look for something else, lol

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Waking up thinking about how dumb this company is.

Picked up an entire coworkers job when they left. Didn't get a cent for it. Then they gave me my review and everything is simply "meets expectations". Lol.

The reason that coworker left is due to them not doing work from home. Also they told me they had no intention of replacing that position for several months at least.

Then to top it off they keep bragging about how much money they have and that they save a lot so this big 18 month loan freeze didn't really affect their bottom line too bad.

I've always gave a lot of notice before leaving but I'm pretty tempted to bail with no warning on these people because that's what they get.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

You owe no job anything at all. gently caress em. Solidarity forever with other workers but you do not owe that boss a damned thing and you aren't saving fellow workers any pain by giving notice.

Zurtilik

Also I wrote an email to the big boss right after they said they weren't continuing work from and home and told them they weren't going to keep employees like this and that they also weren't going to find any new call center employees like this.

They told me nothing was going to change but they appreciated my constructive comments.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I would loan you my resume cannon but I'm using it to try to pull freelance stuff in case I have to nope out before I get my entire bonus to fill the gap between new gig and now. Every day I get ever closer to just walking.

Zurtilik

The work itself is tolerable enough. To be honest I didn't have enough to do. But the principle of it combined with how stupid they're being is making my blood boil. I can stay another month or two and work on resumes and job hunt proper though.

Also my boss is leaving because he did the math and figured out he could retire early and now I'm worried I'll get a new boss that cares too much and that's gonna actually make me walk off. Lol.

Thanks for reading my morning rant, Yobbers.

Escape From Noise

This is thread is absolutely all about ranting. Just look at my posts from May through mid August.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Mormon Nailer posted:

You owe no job anything at all. gently caress em. Solidarity forever with other workers but you do not owe that boss a damned thing and you aren't saving fellow workers any pain by giving notice.

idiotsavant
Pretty sure my boss has a full-blown case of leaded gas boomer brain + extra powerful adhd that renders him absolutely unable to clearly communicate even the most simple things. It’s kind of impressive tbh even though it is annoying as fuuuuuuck

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

gently caress A JOB

Zurtilik

I've written a new sort of baseline resume. No formatting to yet really, just a list of job descriptions and skills. But a good first step. I intend to have a couple nice resumes to throw around before the end of the weekend.

Zurtilik

If any of y'all have some Data Admin or Data Analyst type experience hit me up with some pointers or some stuff I can learn enough of in a month or so to bullshit well on a job interview. I've got a foot in on SQL which is good, probably would help to dive deeper though. I know a lot of people recommend getting acquainted with Tableau and/or Power BI.

Gramps

I'm on vacation this week and my boss is having one of my former teammates cover for me while I'm out. Not 2 hours into the day yesterday and he was already texting me because of course they dumped all my poo poo on him with no consideration for him and all his other sundry responsibilities. I feel bad, but gently caress man I gotta take some goddamn time off. FUGGAJOB

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Today a gentleman threatened me, personally, with legal action because he hired a contractor who did not read or follow instructions sent with dispensers.

Okay do that, I would love to personally profit off of your gross incompetence, young gentleman who has never been in the industry but is wielding his stupidity like a cudgel from a state away from his hotel. Sure.

idiotsavant
I mean installing just about any soap dispenser these days is 95% intuitive anyways; they’re pretty fuckin braindead? Like, the only reason I check the cut sheet is to put the gaskets/washers on in the right order cause I’m only replacing old ones really. I guess maybe some people have a real hard time using a tape measure and the right hole saw tho

Boss did me a “favor” and swapped schedules with me so I could go home earlier today. Except I didn’t ask for it and I’d rather just sleep in another hour and a half, dummy.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

These are no drill install, they come with tape and instructions on how to seal them and, you know. They threw away the instructions.

Oh well.

cruft

idiotsavant posted:

I mean installing just about any soap dispenser these days is 95% intuitive anyways; they’re pretty fuckin braindead?

Possibly you are the type who might not be reading the instructions! But you may not be the type to threaten legal action when you discover your choices have consequences.

xcheopis

VACATION

Farecoal

There he go

gently caress A JOB

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I wish I could tell uhh...customers? Patrons? to gently caress off, but I can't lol.

This weird Jesusy dude with the crazy eyes came in to sign a burial order and as I was filling out the forms, he asked, "are you Muslim? 2 wives?". I paused in confusion. But then he pointed out that I wear a ring on each ring finger.

Too bad we're only burying his relative and not him.

cruft

Achtane posted:

This weird Jesusy dude with the crazy eyes came in to sign a burial order and as I was filling out the forms, he asked, "are you Muslim? 2 wives?". I paused in confusion. But then he pointed out that I wear a ring on each ring finger.

That is 100% how all of that works.

Zurtilik

Achtane posted:

I wish I could tell uhh...customers? Patrons? to gently caress off, but I can't lol.

Too bad we're only burying his relative and not him.

I have a ring on each ring finger. It's mostly because I play with them too much, so it's nice to have a back up! I can only wear silicon rings so they're like $8 each.

Finger Prince

Me too!
I'm going to Maui and swim in ocean and make sand castle and hike in forest.

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

Me too!
I'm going to Maui and swim in ocean and make sand castle and hike in forest.
That sounds like fun!

I'm staying in bed for five days.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Escape From Noise

I did inventory today and now I have gently caress all to do until an acquaintance from a craft beer bar in Fukuoka cones this evening. Should be somewhat busy next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
workin' customer service calls on black friday, let's do this orbies

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!