Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GET THE HELL BACK TO IRELAND! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
:(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Granny being in WWE's target audience is hilarious and not only because it's true.

"BIG E can't beat Roman Reigns, they should have put some older guy in the match instead."

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Germansimp posted:

I'm finally getting around to listen to all the old B&V Impact reviews that are being uploaded on YouTube, and one question I have to ask is: When does Brent stop being on the show? Because holy gently caress that guy is an annoying distraction on the show.

As I recall Brent is pretty much gone by 07. Sometimes I enjoy Brent and his ways, other times when I hit a brent episode it starts winding me up toward having a panic attack. I can see how that's not for everyone.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Germansimp posted:

I'm finally getting around to listen to all the old B&V Impact reviews that are being uploaded on YouTube, and one question I have to ask is: When does Brent stop being on the show? Because holy gently caress that guy is an annoying distraction on the show.

I love Brent and his contributions were the yin to Granny's yang.

Edit: Also cause Brent just tries to make jokes and offer tangential trivia or references, which can be annoying but still harmless. And his undying loathing for VKM is simply sublime.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 25, 2021

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Brents wedding adventure episode of b and v was great

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Brent: Hey, have you seen Lance Storm anywhere?
Lance: No.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Not sure I really agree with Dave’s usual WWE reference handwringing on today’s WOR, at some point when a performer’s history makes up a big chunk of their history, you gotta address the elephant in the room. Disdain for WWE is probably backing that stance up, granted, but I can’t help but feel we’re well past the point they get to have kid gloves on their touch all the cookies policy.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Lol at Brian telling Dave they were out of time when Dave brought up nxt. He really doesn’t give a poo poo about that show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Germansimp posted:

No, finished the Impact 2005 video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmLl0pMEf2E) and currently am listening to the January 2006 one, and Brent is giving me serious Steve 'The Turtle' Wiener in Chikara vibes.

It's funny that despite Bryan, Vinny and Craig on some level loathing Brent (and on some level all kind of liking him... Vinny to a much lesser extent) that at the end of the day they were tried to be decent to him, while Quackenbush in public tried to use Steve and was cruel as hell behind his back.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
the lore of the friend

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bladeworksmaster posted:

Not sure I really agree with Dave’s usual WWE reference handwringing on today’s WOR, at some point when a performer’s history makes up a big chunk of their history, you gotta address the elephant in the room. Disdain for WWE is probably backing that stance up, granted, but I can’t help but feel we’re well past the point they get to have kid gloves on their touch all the cookies policy.

I think there's a line where it takes focus off AEW and they crossed it and then floored it into the canyon Thelma and Louise style

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah I agreed with The Dave on this one, it’s fine to drop sometimes for a crowd pop but they absolutely overdid it in that promo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Namedropping Miz seems a bridge too far imo.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

coconono posted:

He's The Marine, damnit!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave insisting that Bryan stop him from talking about Mayor Kane and then steamrolling over Bryan protesting that he can't talk about Mayor Kane :allears:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Dave insisting that Bryan stop him from talking about Mayor Kane and then steamrolling over Bryan protesting that he can't talk about Mayor Kane :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcEmcz2kjMs

it reminded me of this

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
The F4W Black Friday sale's on, so if you're on the fence about signing up, now's the time.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Jerusalem posted:

Even better that the political take that follows is an extremely anodyne “both sides” rant

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Listening to the latest Deadlock and I hope they never stop doing Rampage reviews. They’re pure chaos

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Why would they stop? This is Rampage, baby. The show they've been waiting for.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
oh mah gawd..

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

IGgy IGsen posted:

Why would they stop? This is Rampage, baby. The show they've been waiting for.

Shittin’ and pissin’ your pants

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"Don't get me started on Mayor Glenn Jacobs!"

"I won't!"

(Dave gets started on Mayor Glenn Jacobs)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i hate craig!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

drat that sucks because i heard you’re his favourite something awful poster :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kid Lance Storm got worked by Jesse Ventura and didn't appreciate Tito Santana, deeply hosed up stuff.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

coconono posted:

You've got CM Punk and MJF doing a promo battle that can't disappoint, both of whom are meant to defy conventional boundaries (there's a term for this, it's often used to describe comedy, but I can't remember it), but neither of whom want to do so by being actually offensive or anything like that. So, both lean into bringing up the WWE, which is something you're generally not supposed to do. I'm not sure what other rules there were for them to break in that situation. If it became a habit all the time, it'd be bad, but for this one promo battle on this one episode, it was cool.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

El Generico posted:

both of whom are meant to defy conventional boundaries (there's a term for this, it's often used to describe comedy, but I can't remember it)

Transgressive?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

iconoclastic or irreverent or provocative. send me a pm if it's not any of those and i'll try to think of more. them ones don't all mean exactly what u said, but that don't matter

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

unless you're gonna book the miz don't talk about the miz.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The miz line is funny when you remember just how much Punk genuinely dislikes him

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If you ain't down with The Miz I got two words for ya!

The Egg

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Alan BStard posted:

Transgressive?

That's the one.

coconono posted:

I like that we're not pretending wrestling outside of AEW doesn't exist.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

coconono posted:

I'm sure Tony Khan would book Miz in a heartbeat if Vince allowed it

(Vince will not allow it)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Venomous posted:

In this case thank god

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Venomous posted:

three months from now:
i can't believe Miz joined american top team

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

NienNunb posted:

The miz line is funny when you remember just how much Punk genuinely dislikes him

Punk hates all workers who risk their opponents health and Miz couldn't catch a cold.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
imagining miz vs darby allin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

imagining miz vs darby allin

Miz Dad vs Sting

Miz Dad becomes the new manager of Dante Martin