Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
I'm a tad sad that Davies name wasn't Russell Davies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Sometimes you see a story beat coming a mile away but it still fun when it arrives. I was so glad when someone got hit in the head with lucky rock. Season is great so far.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

V-Men posted:

I'm a tad sad that Davies name wasn't Russell Davies

It's pronounced "Malice"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I am disappointed that we didn't get to see the Legends react to seeing Gideon in human form. Wouldn't have been necessary to the story but still.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I appreciate that Gideon runs like the T-1000

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Is "Evil" Gideon going to space these two idiots?

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
yeah I think we all saw the "twist" where Bishop isn't really the villain. But yeah loving GladOS/Gideon.

Also I loved seeing Routh reprising Palmer on Flash, but man they kind of laid it on thick with some of the meta-commentary and I can't imagine most of it was actually fun for Routh to say.

V-Men fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 18, 2021

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

V-Men posted:

yeah I think we all saw the "twist" where Bishop isn't really the villain. But yeah loving GladOS/Gideon.

Also I loved seeing Routh reprising Palmer on Flash, but man they kind of laid it on thick with some of the meta-commentary and I can't imagine most of it was actually fun for Routh to say.

I'm probably not gonna watch The Flash, so spill them deets.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The meta stuff was mostly this scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiSP6baGwCY

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
So that's why bishop sang show tunes - Gideon!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Yeah, not a fan of that. I hope he just get bumped off early by his Gideon and she becomes the main villain

Not as early as I thought, but this basically happened

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Yes Men loving Men representation woooo

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Gary punching way above his weight class this ep

e: the bathroom?? it's real??

site fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 18, 2021

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Who knew that Gary would hook up with the most unlikely person in the Legends team, a human-form Gideon!?

EDIT: HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW THAT THE BATHROOM ON THE WAVERIDER WAS REAL!? THEY MAKE MULTIPLE REFERENCES TO IT THROUGHOUT THE SHOW! IT WAS EVEN HEAVILY REFERENCED TO IN THE 100TH EPISODE SPECIAL!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:thejoke:

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Gary, like the rest of the crew, is simply trying to finish what Rip Hunter could not.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Sloth Life posted:

So that's why bishop sang show tunes - Gideon!

if you extrapolate this to its logical conclusion that means robot Bishop was programmed to eventually lose to the Legends because Gideon knows that is part of the timeline.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So I was thinking about it and the ship name for Gary/Gideon could totally be Gardeon (Guardian).

I don't want to think any further about this.

Fun episode, though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

V-Men posted:

if you extrapolate this to its logical conclusion that means robot Bishop was programmed to eventually lose to the Legends because Gideon knows that is part of the timeline.

That one was a Clone, not a robot. And a Gideon started: clones are fallible

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Xelkelvos posted:

That one was a Clone, not a robot. And a Gideon started: clones are fallible

oh yeah it makes sense evil Gideon would send a Bishop clone with enough programming to keep the timeline on track but not sophisticated enough to defeat the Legends

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Makes sense that factory default Gideon is fairly ruthless seeing as the Time Masters are dicks.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I'm always down for AI women trying to achieve their prime directive even at the cost of human life. It's like I'm watching the 100 again.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
garry green is all the man gideon needs

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Sloth Life posted:

Yes Men loving Men representation woooo

Do you watch Doom Patrol? It's got a lovely amount of that in it. It's also about a ragtag group of "heroes" getting thrown together, lots of humor, but also way darker and weirder. Give it a go if you haven't!

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Seeing Bishop become a fancy-boy Time Master on his own Waverider and how he caused all the previous events from earlier this season was fun to watch. Then seeing Gideon turn into an evil AI a la 2001 A Space Odyssey setup the seasons big bad quite nicely as well.

I hope the big fight at the end of the season is human vs AI Gideon in an epic space battle in the temporal zone.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I expect it to be AI versus AI as they have a virtual fight while the Legends fight on the evil Godeon's waverider against robots

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I am so glad they pulled the gag I was hoping they would. (I Love Lucy chocolate factory). Im not sure if that was worth spoilering but I did anyway so the joke isn't ruined.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Lieutenant Randy Disher in charge of production. Man I've missed Monk.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Fun times, I like where this season was going. Didn't know this was the winter break already though.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Evil robot us-es!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Zari 2 just hating Berhards Persian hospitality thing was great.

Also that was a pretty brutal end for Bishop.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked the bit where it turned out the friendly white lady who got them all situated also was super racist. It would have been easy to just write all the women characters as being correct on the race issue.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

I liked the bit where it turned out the friendly white lady who got them all situated also was super racist. It would have been easy to just write all the women characters as being correct on the race issue.

Yea I loved that. Big miscalculation on Astra's part, thinking that because women were second class citizens, then of course they'd be on the side of other marginalized people. Nope, yea you're treated like poo poo by men, but at least you're not a black person!

Though I think its a big hilarious this important factory only build a single Catalina at a time, when actual factories build dozens at a time.

I know its a cheap TV show and they couldn't afford to like create CGI or a mat painting to make it look like an actual WW2 aircraft factory, its just a big funny how the military needs of ww2 required a ton of these things build round the clock.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of the production area I thought it was funny how they had the hanger set and the office set but they didn't actually connect in any way so the office window overlooking the floor was fake.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Zari 2 just hating Berhards Persian hospitality thing was great.

Also that was a pretty brutal end for Bishop.

Legends continues to redeem bad villains. Even their own

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Such a great episode and Legends continues to have a stronger progressive message on race in one episode than an entire season of Supergirl.

True historical fact: Eleanor Roosevelt was extremely progressive for her time. She was heavily involved with the NAACP and continuously pushed her husband to address racial issues like the inequalities in the distribution of the New Deal and putting in a national anti-lynching law. Unfortunately, racial issues were what he had to compromise on to make sure the Southerners in his party voted for his New Deal laws

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I was worried because I wasn't feeling the show last season but half a season in and I gotta say this season's been great all around. It's somehow a little less absurd than normal seasons, but I think grounding the show (along with the team) has added a lot. As mentioned above, they even redeemed last season's weakest link, Bishop, who was actually pretty fun this season! Plus, I love comedy and comedy-tinged period pieces, so this batch of episodes has been a personal favorite so far. And the new opening is aces.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

The only other thing I'd want out of this season is just another escapade of the Bullet Blondes, the notorious bank robber, bootlegger, and dancer duo.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Legends: still excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Sloth Life posted:

Legends: still excellent.

Same, and I believe my av will pretty much tell you how much I loved that episode. Nnnnnrgh, all them Rosies. Love some representation of my fellow tool-wielding women (even the racist sack of poo poo forewoman, god that was such a disappointment, but she served a purpose in the narrative... of making Astra look boss as gently caress).

...sorry, I'm fresh off the high of watching the ep.