Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Flying in my dreams is like using noclip or using the spectator camera from Unreal Tournament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

GWBBQ posted:

I would be 110% up for a goon UFO meetup. couple of nights down in the Nevada desert looking at Area 51, chilling out with people from this thread, and eventually being chased off by black helicopters, what's not to like?

even better if we do it at skinwalker ranch and do meditation and that hemi sync stuff while camping there also bring ur crystals

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i carried my clone printer two light years to p'nasti's underground base and she was hanging out with this chad pleiadian she didnt even mindmeld with me

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rah! posted:

even better if we do it at skinwalker ranch and do meditation and that hemi sync stuff while camping there also bring ur crystals

...and weed?

Like is this legal in Arizona or New Mexico or whereeverthefuck?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 210 days!

Log082 posted:

I'm pretty much with you, but one thing that I've thought about is that automated probes and flesh and blood visitors aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, the first makes the second more likely, not less; the presence of automated probes proves that a) there is other intelligent life out there and b) they have an interest in us. If both of those things are true, then (provided some form of warp drive is actually possible) it would be entirely possible for a civilization to send long term automated probes, then follow up much later after the probes had made the trip the long, slow way with manned craft using more recent technology - or, of course, for there just to be different civilizations at different levels.

It's not a guarantee, because only one of those two scenarios uses technology that we know is possible, but it's certainly not worth ruling out entirely.

edit: Bonus dumb speculation: Actually all three are true, and the aliens are as weirded out by high strangeness as we are. "Oh poo poo, you guys get bigfeet too??"

Yet another world of giant apes that doesn't turn out to be the Sasquatch home world.

...at least, not yet.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

God those poor loving people

"I'd rather be on stage" jfc

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The ~*World is my Stage*~

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Riot Bimbo posted:

The ~*World is my Stage*~

oh shi....

wait,

LINE?!?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Rah! posted:

I have a similar thing going on sometimes. My most recent one is an alternate reality version of the bay area, with a very specific street that i always end up walking down, lined with commercial buildings. It's always the middle of the night, and the end goal is always the same: take a bus home. But the details of what i do are different every time (sometime i'll go inside a building, get some food, whatever), and while dreaming i remember the previous dreams in the same setting and think "oh i'm here again". So far I always wake up from that dream world before i get home.

Same here. I've got dream places that I keep returning to. Occasionally I'll go lucid and realise mid-dream that I've been there before, but usually that makes me wake up.

Does anyone else get serial dreams? Where you keep returning to the same place and there's a story that develops over multiple nights? Sometimes I get them in multiple nights in a row, other times I'll return to a storyline months or years later.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
This one has it all! Water, birds, and drugs!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ufo/comments/r0ye57/ive_come_a_long_way_to_tell_you_this/

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

loving DoD
https://twitter.com/ddeanjohnson/status/1463490087707193346?s=20

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

it dont matter posted:

Same here. I've got dream places that I keep returning to. Occasionally I'll go lucid and realise mid-dream that I've been there before, but usually that makes me wake up.

Does anyone else get serial dreams? Where you keep returning to the same place and there's a story that develops over multiple nights? Sometimes I get them in multiple nights in a row, other times I'll return to a storyline months or years later.
Happens to me, too. Brains are weird.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh also I managed to have my first semi-lucid dream last night after the 2nd Monroe track. I managed to fly a bit bit not very well...

And then I kinda lost it again but it was neat in the moment

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lue raising the alarums
https://twitter.com/LueElizondo/status/1463520512965939206?s=20
https://twitter.com/LueElizondo/status/1463521935732576267?s=20

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

came here to share this, absolutely terrific post

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

this is way better than all those erowid trip reports i read back in the day, thank you for posting this!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Oh also I managed to have my first semi-lucid dream last night after the 2nd Monroe track. I managed to fly a bit bit not very well...

And then I kinda lost it again but it was neat in the moment

:hfive:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Very cool reoprt

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/LueElizondo/status/1463523942056935425?s=20

Looks like we've got ourselves an old fashioned power struggle here

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Yep, its p clear this part of "whatever the gently caress is going on in DC about UFOs" is correct at least.

I might even write my senators on the matter

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

:tinylue::blaster: :blastback:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lue has information that will lead to the arrest of hillary clinton

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
susan gough strikes again

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

lue strikes me as the kind of guy who's immune to the hillary clintons and kevin spaceys of the world

then again maybe one of these days he'll come down with a sudden bout of depression and commit suicide by shooting himself in the back inside the trunk of a stolen car

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

have written to my senators lol I'm officially donning my tinfoil hat

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Strange that this is the thing that motivates me most to contact them. Stranger not to, given the stakes, I suppose?

Pack chooie unf, into the great unknown, via a twitter letter campaign. All in.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

we are protected.

Diane Feinstein has gotten many letters from me over the years but this was my first to Padilla. I started out by congratulating him on his appointment :3:

e. 8000 pages of declassified UFO documents from :canada: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/r1jvak/8000_pages_of_declassified_ufo_documents_from/

Bilirubin has issued a correction as of 04:27 on Nov 25, 2021

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

JNCO BILOBA posted:

Strange that this is the thing that motivates me most to contact them. Stranger not to, given the stakes, I suppose?

Pack chooie unf, into the great unknown, via a twitter letter campaign. All in.

writing career politicians about issues that they/their owners are ideologically opposed to, such as relieving the pressure of capital’s boot upon the necks of the working class, is a waste of time as they will not and/or cannot do anything about that

this whole ufo thing is about as bipartisan and outside the borders of contemporary political reality as it gets, and so is an issue on which public opinion and appeals to reason may actually work

just look at the support for gillibrands bill

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Wheeee posted:

writing career politicians about issues that they/their owners are ideologically opposed to, such as relieving the pressure of capital’s boot upon the necks of the working class, is a waste of time as they will not and/or cannot do anything about that

When my representative was a Republican I tried to argue that it "took Nixon to go to China" with respect to Universal Health Care. It...didn't get a response other than to get my email added to a bunch of right wing lists, but it was still a lot of fun to write it, and cathartic as a result

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Bilirubin posted:

we are protected.

Diane Feinstein has gotten many letters from me over the years but this was my first to Padilla. I started out by congratulating him on his appointment :3:

e. 8000 pages of declassified UFO documents from :canada: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/r1jvak/8000_pages_of_declassified_ufo_documents_from/

i'm gonna read this but I fully expect it to be 1 page of introduction and 7999 pages of explaining how the canadaliens apologize to the cows when they take the butt samples

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Canadians like to project the stereotype of obsessive politeness but our true national identity is one of mindless and unearned smugness mixed with extreme small-c conservatism

That said I still instinctually apologize to people when they bump into me

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Wheeee posted:

Canadians like to project the stereotype of obsessive politeness but our true national identity is one of mindless and unearned smugness mixed with extreme small-c conservatism

That said I still instinctually apologize to people when they bump into me

this is 100% correct

also i instinctually apologize to inanimate objects when i bump into them

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Hi all. Thanks for the best bird discussion around.

Wanted to share some old favorites.

The ancient, abandoned blog Rigorous Intuition: rigint.blogpsot.com

Most of his writing is more suited for the Epstein thread, and it's unsourced, but he's a good storyteller. The Brazil post is a favoite:

https://rigint.blogspot.com/search?q=brazil

quote:

Brazil is different. In Brazil, UFOs maim and kill with purpose and intelligence. Do you remember the "chupas," refrigerator-sized barrels or boxes skimming roofs and treetops, shooting concentrated beams of radiation at hunters and villagers? Vallee has traveled to the region and interviewed survivors and witnesses. One doctor he spoke to had seen no fewer than 35 patients, all telling the same story of being struck by beams of intense white light and exhibiting similar burns and symptoms of dizziness, headaches, numbness and anemia. Vallee writes in Confrontations that:

Nobody has ever ridiculed these people. Their intelligence has never been insulted by the pundits of the New York Times or the arbiters of rationalism of Le Monde. They speak in simple, direct ways about what they saw. The admit to being scared, and when they speak about illness and death it is in the same calm, even voice with which one speaks about the reality of all the mysteries around us.

So if you see a UFO in Brazil, best to hide.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol mawarannahr is mad about being called NDT brained and is complaining about it in the covid thread

:tinylue:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

the UFO fanatics said if i didnt do CE5 they would put me in a trash can and roll me down a hill into a portal into the shadow dimension

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I'm looking at the John Ramirez twitter account and it says "experiencer from childhood; taken & implanted" in the description. Is there some interview where he describes an abduction experience? I'm not aware of him discussing a personal experience anywhere.
https://twitter.com/JRam_11_11

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Rah! posted:

lol mawarannahr is mad about being called NDT brained and is complaining about it in the covid thread

:tinylue:

lol that was my first unread post a little while ago and i thought i clicked the wrong thread again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

some guy was talking about the men who stare at goats, which isn’t the same as this thread

however, the concept of NDT brain coming from people who believe in garbage psychology studies from the 60s and think Daryl Bem “ruffled feathers” is laughable. there’s interesting stuff happening but some of you need to be a bit more discerning, because a complete unfamiliarity with the very basics is a recipe to get fooled by charlatans like Bem and people who sell videotapes in popular mechanics. this is one thing I do understand and can talk about. a charlatan among psychologists is extra special, because you need to be in that league to be a successful psychologist to begin with.

unsurprisingly it’s the anarchists who make a beeline to the trashiest scientists there are, because they love the smell of trash. distorted ideas about the government go hand in hand.

if you want to talk about stuff outside this thread, it be cool if some of you spent more time reading about Chinese people rather than grays — the one aggro guy Kramers into other threads to talk about how much he hates the Chinese. there’s a lot of overlap between mysticism and racist ideas, ultimately stemming from idealism (also the source of anarchism). these are separable from birdwatching.