Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker

Mormon Nailer posted:

Every day when I am driving to work, there's a traffic sign that tells you traffic conditions, ETAs, etc. Every day it tells you a new fact, too. We call this the Traffic Fact.

Today's traffic fact was "Sea lions can dance to a beat."

I hope this fact finds you well.

it did, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Mormon Nailer posted:

Every day when I am driving to work, there's a traffic sign that tells you traffic conditions, ETAs, etc. Every day it tells you a new fact, too. We call this the Traffic Fact.

Puts 'me one up on me, at any rate.

Driving down the continent with a pistol in her lap
Followed by a handsome man who says his name is Jack

Bad Video Games

Prof. Crocodile posted:

there is a ton of stuff to do in dc, and of course plenty of tea to be drunk.

however I think I am the only orb in the area, and of course god help you if you try to visit during cherry blossom season.

DC is indeed cool but it's been years since I went there for anything other than work. I've lived most of 40 years within 20 miles of the place.

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

So can some birds, such as Snowball the Cockatoo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utkb1nOJnD4

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Gramps posted:

I am full of tacos. Highly recommend.

I will be too in about 55 minutes

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

cruft

How Wonderful! posted:

I will be too in about 55 minutes

I assume part of this is Time To Tacos (TTT).

If you can tell us TTT and how many tacos you will consume, I can calculate your Tacos Per Second (TPS) rate!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I am also about to consume tacos

I hope everyone got the menu, we're doing salsa verde

Bad Video Games

I had curry for dinner and I might tomorrow as well. But I didn't have rice so I'm making some now.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Dressing but it's good. Adapted roughly from the jiffy traditional cornbread dressing recipe, but other stuff added and changed and ~doubled.

Two 8" x 8" square (important) pans of Jiffy cornbread (it has to be Jiffy mix, you can get the vegetarian kind, no don't make homemade, trust the process)
1.5c chopped celery
1.5-2c chopped onions
2c chopped oyster mushrooms
2c chopped cremini mushrooms
1/2c butter, melted
2c (1 carton) vegetable broth, low sodium
2-3 tsp dried sage
2-3 tsp garlic powder
2-3 tsp dried thyme leaves
2-3 tsp ground black peppercorn
4-5 large chicken eggs, beaten

Optional: you can put sausage or oysters in it but I don't like that

Optional 2: you can also put dried cranberries and chopped pecans in it if you want, but if you do lower the amount of mushrooms you use, add extra broth (maybe another 1/4-1/2c) to compensate for moisture loss from less mushrooms

Okay anyway mix all the stuff together and make sure it's roughly cohesive, butter a big enough baking dish (maybe two 9" x 13" pans) and turn it out, smooth it out kinda even, then bake it at 350F covered until the internal temperature reads ~165F. Then uncover and bake for ~5 more minutes to set a nice top with browning. Serve it with cranberry sauce, it's nice.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I do dressing but Martha White Hot Rize cornbread mix with buttermilk and celery, onion, bell pepper, lots of parsley, some sage, thyme, a little garlic. Most important is that I make super strength Turkey stock the weekend before thanksgiving that is the really good kind of stock that turns into jello in the fridge and soak the cornbread mush with that. It also goes in the gravy and it is good. I usually use like, idk, 5-8lb of Turkey necks/wings to make ~5 quarts of stock? It’s strong stuff. I’ve never made oyster dressing but I should sometime. I’m gonna fry almost a gallon of oysters tomorrow. It will be almost too many oysters

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

There's no such thing as too many oysters but if you really feel that way, brt. My one loving meat-vice.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also Martha White Hot Rize is v good but I'm pretty sure my Nana would smite me clear into the sun from the dead, so, I use the Jiffy.

Also I hoard the MW because that makes good af hushpuppies with onion, it's the perfect texture.

cruft

Gross

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I didn't tell you to picture it, and you did. You are hurting yourself.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I do dressing I guess since I don't want to touch a dirty ol bird. Usually I do a wild mushroom one but since one of the guests this year does not gently caress with mushrooms I'm just doing a basic vegetarian thing with apples and nuts for some variety.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Bad Video Games

I made rice. I'm sure people would have opinions on how I cook rice, but it's good to me and I'm not selling it.

Also curry is good, but my wife made it so it doesn't have corn or celery or carrots or chickpeas. I will be adding that stuff when I reheat it later. It does have potatoes and garlic and onions and apple and bell pepper and ginger so it's still good.

Bad Video Games

Also I would like to eat turkey tomorrow. Please allow me to still like it tastebuds. Thank you.

Robot Made of Meat

biosterous posted:

i post

i'm not doing too well brainwise, thank you byob for helpfully being byob (it helps)

We love you, Bio. And we're here for you.

:glomp:

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

more falafel please

forums poster

I made a stuffing (not stuffed in the bird but I still call it stuffing) last year with sourdough that had been rough torn and dehydrated in the oven, homemade roast chicken stock, onion/celery, sage/thyme etc. it was super good

we're gonna do a late friendsgiving this year because we just didn't have time to make the house even vaguely presentable. I did get a 17lb turkey from work that's currently in the deep freeze

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Escape From Noise

Walla posted:

I made rice. I'm sure people would have opinions on how I cook rice, but it's good to me and I'm not selling it.

Also curry is good, but my wife made it so it doesn't have corn or celery or carrots or chickpeas. I will be adding that stuff when I reheat it later. It does have potatoes and garlic and onions and apple and bell pepper and ginger so it's still good.

Eh. Whatever works for you. I like jasmine rice for my Thai/SE Asian curries, Basmati for more Indian/middle eastern (?) curries. I usually add a little salt and grapeseed oil and soak it if I can. But also sometimes you just need rice ASAP

biosterous

i'm gonna make a basic but good pasta sauce because tomorrow is just a normal thursday :canada:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Escape From Noise posted:

New Orleans is a fun city IMHO, but not sure what the situation is there.

new orleans is my favorite travel destination and my god please can we do a yobmeet there my god i am begging you

biosterous

it might be a bit controversial to say, but i really think that wwe superstar john cena should give me $20

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Happy BYOBsgiving to all our celebrating orbs :hai:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Derpies

by sebmojo
80085 LOL

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Farecoal

There he go
Reading wikipedia articles about the gallbladder and bile led me to an article about "bile bears". I would not recommend looking that up but it gave me some very un-byob feelings about TCM and I will now go to bed angry

Boba Pearl

by Athanatos

FluffieDuckie posted:

What does she do with all that bread?

lmao if you are not a yeastomancer powered by manna

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Escape From Noise

The older lady, probably a bit older than my mom, who was behind the checkout at Don Quixote was wearing this t-shirt.

For those of you who don't know, Tenga is like the Japanese Fleshlight. That anime woman is holding like a giant one. The checkout lady asked if I knew what it was, and then was like "It's cute, right?". It really cracked me up.

This Saucy Grandma moment goes out to Chewbecca, wherever they are.

Andoman

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

biosterous posted:

i'm gonna make a basic but good pasta sauce because tomorrow is just a normal thursday :canada:

Fish and chips here - also a normal Thursday

Stoner Sloth

This Saucy Grandma moment goes out to Chewbecca, wherever they are.

hope our friend is doing well out there, gonna go ahead and send some good and chill vibes her way :wom:

Andoman posted:

Fish and chips here - also a normal Thursday

heck yeah, love a good fish and chip - i had some flake gummy shark for lunch with a friend the other day

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsneH0mOq-0

The Waitresses are very good

Escape From Noise

Their Christmas tune is actually pretty good. The album it comes from looks completely insane.

I need to give it a listen.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Their Christmas tune is actually pretty good. The album it comes from looks completely insane.

I need to give it a listen.

It's actually really good!!! If you want a copy lemme know, it's out of print out of print and kinda hard to get on trackers.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

This is now a Was (Not Was) thread

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

It's actually really good!!! If you want a copy lemme know, it's out of print out of print and kinda hard to get on trackers.

I mean Suicide alone is enough to sell me on it. But another track by James Chance/White? Fuggaddabouddit!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I mean Suicide alone is enough to sell me on it. But another track by James Chance/White? Fuggaddabouddit!

We should swap music lists one day but you already know my lists mostly lol

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also I want to see an Ian Svenonius show live and in person again someday soon but there's still a panadela outside and I do not love it

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I just woke up from a dream where there was this really famous and well-known tiny t-rex, like the size of a bearded dragon, like it was a local celebrity animal wherever I was living. It had reached old age and didn't have much longer to go, so when I saw it in person I of course had to pick it up and put it on my shoulder. It held on to my head with its tiny arms as we walked around and chilled for a while, then it pooped all over my shirt.

The end

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
But was it sad to wake up and realize you don't have a tiny t-rex friend after all?

Probably my most sad to wake up from dream was one in which I had a tiny bird-friend named Smith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
It was a little sad but I was kinda pissed because there was so much poop I just threw away my shirt.

:rip: Smith