Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

All stuffing is bad. :colbert:

Took me significantly too long to put this in the context of the mushroom thing instead of the sex worker talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

camoseven posted:

Dads on their own with little kids get alllllllll the free advice in the word from older women, it's loving annoying.

Also I can't believe the supermarket didn't have a changing table in the men's room, that sucks and I would probably complain to the manager if I went regularly cause that's who I am now. They are definitely less common in men's rooms in general but I've never been to a supermarket or big box store that didn't have one

Over here the changing rooms are basically always in the handicap toilet, which is much larger and unisex.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Some people just infuriate me!

AITA for refusing to babysit our daughter?

quote:

I(29M) bought my wife(25F) 2 tickets to visit her grandma in Italy next week. The other ticket was for our daughter(4F) since I assumed she’d be taking her. She says she wants a break “from kids” on her vacation.

I told her that that was unfortunate, since there’s no way that our daughter can not go if she goes. Because I have work and don’t want to take time off to babysit our daughter for an entire week.

I suggested we have someone else watch her, but we don’t know anyone that lives close by who’d be willing to watch her. I love my daughter, but I don’t want to take a week off to babysit her.

I bought the tickets for her birthday

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Evil Willow posted:

Some people just infuriate me!

AITA for refusing to babysit our daughter?

Does grandma not want to see the kid? Let her watch and wife can spend the week on the beach.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Beachcomber posted:

Does grandma not want to see the kid? Let her watch and wife can spend the week on the beach.

"Happy birthday honey! Here are two tickets to you can take our kid to Italy for a week and I can spend the week at home alone! What? You want a break from looking after our daughter, the one you've looked after for four years with minimal help from me? gently caress that, I'm not taking a week off work to babysit!"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Why is he not also going to Italy there are too many questioni here

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

anybody who refers to taking care of their own child as "babysitting" can gently caress right off

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Invisible Clergy posted:

That is another hole in his story, yes.

Yeah but not one babies come out of

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

lmao container houses

nothing screams "i have no idea what i'm doing and i'm just chasing trends" more than container houses

Everyone knows that shipping containers are for burying and turning into a FLIR invisible murder dungeon deep in federal bureau of land management lands. That’s just science.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for giving money to my little sister for Christmas, but refusing to give the same money to my brother because he called me an, “incel with no social life” last time we were together?

quote:

My little sister is a 28 year old single mom of 2 girls (8 and 10), and she is currently skating by waiting tables at a restaurant during the day, and then washes dishes at that little diner across from her apartment last I heard.

She wasn’t gonna be able to get her kids Christmas presents this year, so I helped her out. Someone must’ve told my brother because he asked me for 5k$ in cash as well. I asked him why I’d give it to him, and he said cause I gave it to her and cause I have the money.

I declined in part because last time at my moms party we were all talking and he asked if I wanted to go to the bar with him and his wife, I said no. And my brother said, “oh yeah, I forgot you were an incel with no social life”. And his wife and my cousin (who heard) started laughing so I left early.

I am unsure of their (my brother his wife and son) financial situation. But my brother is a pressman, and I his wife babysits.

quote:

Well, he’s right that I’m involuntarily celibate

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pressman? Reporter?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Mx. posted:

anybody who refers to taking care of their own child as "babysitting" can gently caress right off

This, all day long. What a wanker.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Barudak posted:

Why is he not also going to Italy there are too many questioni here

The implied things there are that the wife is likely a SAHM, given their lack of options for daytime care and they're either reasonably well off and/or live somewhere in Europe, as the flights were bought for next week. In the latter case, you may not be excited about going to Italy, it's nice, but not all that special or even cracked up to be. And, flights are really cheap when they're on sale.

I'm really trying to give the guy benefit of doubt, because, in all honesty, after nearly 2 years of Covid with a toddler in the house, I'd give up my left nut to get the house to myself for a week and, if English is not his first language, he may not be aware of the semantics of "babysitting" vs "parenting", but he does sound like a dipshit who bought a gift for himself and is perplexed when his wife doesn't appreciate that.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Barudak posted:

Pressman? Reporter?

OP says he means he runs a printing press
which still seems like weird wording

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I love the wholesome ones sometimes.
Way to go, op! I hope she keeps kicking rear end at life :3:

Yes but also…

quote:

I also got into Jordan Peterson youtube lectures

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

a podcast for cats posted:

The implied things there are that the wife is likely a SAHM, given their lack of options for daytime care and they're either reasonably well off and/or live somewhere in Europe, as the flights were bought for next week. In the latter case, you may not be excited about going to Italy, it's nice, but not all that special or even cracked up to be. And, flights are really cheap when they're on sale.

I'm really trying to give the guy benefit of doubt, because, in all honesty, after nearly 2 years of Covid with a toddler in the house, I'd give up my left nut to get the house to myself for a week and, if English is not his first language, he may not be aware of the semantics of "babysitting" vs "parenting", but he does sound like a dipshit who bought a gift for himself and is perplexed when his wife doesn't appreciate that.

He can't cheat if he has to actually take care of his own child while the wife is in Italy.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
Definitely that. I bet he was a virgin until his 20s too.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA cause I don't want people calling my wife Michael anymore?

quote:

My wife was suppose to be a boy. Her parents had picked out the name Michael for her but well she wasn't a boy. However for whatever reason, they made Michael her nickname and everyone calls her that. Her name isn't Michael. When I met her, I found it kinda cute that everyone called her that. Now its just annoying. Hardy anyone calls my wife her name. Her parents, friends, family, coworkers - she'll tell complete strangers to call her Michael.

Like I said, it is no longer cute and just teeth grinding annoying to hear the name Michael throwout our marriage. I asked her if she can stop using the nickname or switch to a feminine nickname like Michelle. She shot me down saying Michael is her name. I told her no its not! We got into a small argument where I pointed out she's not taking my feelings into consideration here! I even had someone ask me once if my wife was trans cause of the name Michael. She told me to leave the house and to come out when I want to talk. Its my house too! In the end, my wife took a bag and went to her brother's house.

I called once I thought she had cooled down and again asked that for the sake of our marriage for her to stop encouraging the nickname. She hung up on me. I'm not asking much. Just don't want people calling my wife Michael anymore!

AITA?

emasculated by my own wife's name

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Mx. posted:

She needs a new ringtone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktwlN_ocL-o

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Mx. posted:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA For refusing to make a fake pregnancy announcement to my inlaws at Thanksgiving?

quote:

I (26F) been married to my husband (33M) for 2 years. We recently decided that it was time to start a family and we've been trying for a baby for nearly 4 months. My husband has been stressing out about me not getting pregnant yet thinking there's gotta be something wrong but I've been told that this exhausting and draining process takes years. My husband is mainly worried about not honoring his chronically ill parents wishes to see at least one grandchild before they pass on. I understand his position and am very sympathatic with his situation.

We got invited to thankgiving (today) and he came to me asking me to do him this favor. I asked what it was and he said we should take the opportunity to make a fake pregnancy announcent to his family. I was in dismay I asked why and he replied that seeing how much his family (his parents) endured in the past few months and wanted to give them some good news. I absolutely said no and was so confused asking how he thought it was ok to lie about this stuff. He said he was sure I'll get pregnant in a matter of a month after he consulted a friend of his and just wanted me to play along to give his parents some heartwarming news and tell them what they've been longing to hear and see their faces lighten up. I atgued asking if he really wanted to see their faces lighten up when he tells a lie and told him I won't do it but said he'd do it himself and I'll just have to play along but I said I won't go cause I won't be part of his lie.

He got mad and pointed out that it's partially on me since I still haven't gotten pregnant. We argued about it for hours then started begging me and saying all I have to do is help him announce then he'll handle the rest then said I need to understand how he's feeling and just focus on that instead of caring about wether people think I'm lying or not but I'm not convinced and refused to be put in that position nomatter what.

I said I won't attend thanksgiving altogether since all his family care about is a grandchild and he is still thinking I'm at fault refusing to work with him.

tld;r: my husband wants me to make a fake pregnancy announcement to make his family happy but I refused.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Piell posted:

AITA For refusing to make a fake pregnancy announcement to my inlaws at Thanksgiving?

this man doesn't give a poo poo about you. he wants a walking womb; anyone would have done.

get the hell out and do not under any circumstances tie yourself to him with a child.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

And if she doesn't get get pregnant, then what, break their hearts with a fake miscarriage announcement?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Based on my very biased sample size, I don't think it usually takes years to make a baby

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
oh man, he's absolutely going to tell them she's pregnant and couldn't get there because she's having morning sickness or whatever

and then, hopefully, he's going to get home to her telling him she's leaving, and he's going to have to explain to his parents why his "pregnant" wife is divorcing him :getin:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Barudak posted:

Based on my very biased sample size, I don't think it usually takes years to make a baby

But it does take eighteen months for twins.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Barudak posted:

What's the betting that he's blaming it all on her rather than getting a sperm count done?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Angrymog posted:

What's the betting that he's blaming it all on her rather than getting a sperm count done?

Four months into trying they'd not be seen for any fertility treatment anyway.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But he consulted his friend!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Barudak posted:

Call that sex worker guy with two kids, he can get the job *done*

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Angrymog posted:

And if she doesn't get get pregnant, then what, break their hearts with a fake miscarriage announcement?

Yeah this seems like a great way to make next thanksgiving extra awkward

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

It takes years to conceive if you want a baby.

It takes a glance at someone of the opposite sex to conceive if you don't want a baby.

poo poo, what did the twins-take-18-months dude think when he heard of that octo-mom lady?

AITA for making the food too spicy on purpose?

quote:

Please ready the whole post and not just the title haha. Also english is not my first language and I’m dyslexic so sorry for any mistakes

I found a house looking for a roommate so I moved there. There was already 6 girls living in there (the house is huge).

Moving on, Basically I can’t really taste anything. I taste some things like sweetness, bitterness, spiciness etc. Usually when I taste the sweetness of something, it’s way too sweet for a normal person. Same goes for spiciness. So I like to make my food extremely spicy so I can taste and feel something. I also base my food on texture.

I explained to my new roommates that I don’t mind if they eat my food, just beware that it might not be edible to them due to the spiciness. One of my roommates kind of laughed. I made sure that she knew that I was serious. I don’t know if it matters but I’m white and the roommate that laughed was black. I’m bringing this up due to the spice joke that I’ve seen online (white people can’t use spices etc. Which to be honest is mostly true lmao)

A week later, I was minding my business in the kitchen, cooking dinner. This was early in the morning because I like to make all my food at once (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and save it in the fridge. So After I was done, I packed some for school and put the rest in the fridge then went to school. When I got back, I saw my roommates all in the kitchen with two of the girls crying. Now I thought it was none of my business so I was going to my room when I was stopped. I was then confronted by the girls, yellling at me for making my foood so spicy that the poor girls’ lips were swollen (their words, I thought they looked fine) I then apologised but brought up how I had said that my food would be spicy. The girls said they thought I was joking and thought it couldn’t be spicy because it’s ”white people food”. I apologised again but still said I don’t think it was my fault. One of the girls kindly asked me to go to my room while they figure it out, the others were yellling at me.

The next day no one talked to me but some of the girls were kind of glaring at me. This went on for like a week. I kind of feel bad but I don’t think I’m in the wrong. They clearly think I am the rear end in a top hat.

TLTR: I can’t really taste much so I make my food extremly spicy. My roommate ate my food with warning and cried then blamed me.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Boy needs to move out of a house full of racists and see an ENT

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How the hell is a tree person going to help in this situation?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

Call that sex worker guy with two kids, he can get the job *done*

<brings a resume consisting of my child support deductions>

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

How the hell is a tree person going to help in this situation?

Dude they kicked that The White guys rear end

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yet another case of "don't eat someone else's food without permission."

Don't loving eat someone else's food without permission.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Evil Willow posted:

AITA For lashing out at my boyfriend for deleting my instagram account after I posted a video of him with my son?

Tell me you're the side chick without saying that you're the side chick.
EDIT: Or, as a lot of Redditors are speculating, he's on the registry and isn't allowed to be around kids.

He's one of Marvel's Eternals.

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for making the food too spicy on purpose?

We're going to get a lot more of these stories thanks to COVID.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Mormon Nailer posted:

Don't loving eat someone else's food without permission.

They had permission, it was just accompanied by a spice warning they ignored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
WIBTA for eating with my friend rather than my family for Thanksgiving?

quote:

Every Thanksgiving, my parents usually invite my aunts and uncles and their friends for the dinner. My siblings (6,10,13) and I (18) are never allowed to eat with the grownups, we’d have to stay in our rooms until the grownups either leave or go to sleep if they’re staying over. We’d get the leftovers and tbh it’s kinda boring

One of my friend’s from high school’s parents are throwing a Thanksgiving dinner. I told my friend about how Thanksgiving was at my house so she invited me to eat with her family. At first I was unsure because I didn’t want to be rude and intrude but her mom messaged me (last night) and basically said I’m more than welcomed to come

It’s quite last minute and I doubt anything is going to change. One of my aunts are coming in an hour and my mom’s already telling us to stay upstairs

WIBTA for celebrating Thanksgiving with my friend?