Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

This sentence made me feel so old, because I'm just utterly incapable of parsing it. orz

Imagine a really good commit to BSD that made you excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Endorph posted:

yeah i think we're coming at this from slightly different angles but its basically the same feeling i have - forget the name of it but thinking of that one manga where a lesbian character had a big, cool speech about gender, how people perceive her, and then she winds up with a random lame dude at the end and her sexuality is not acknowledged at all in the final chapter. lol
Blue Flag?

Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?

Feliday Melody posted:

Give me some space, alright. I was just disappointed, that's all. I don't play LoL, but I looked up all the lore and wiki pages and there's just nothing. No one's committed to anything.

If you're interested, a writer on the Arcane story commented on Reddit with their thoughts on the Caitlyn and Vi relationship:

https://www.reddit.com/r/arcane/com...web2x&context=3

There are multiple comments by the writer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Apraxin posted:

Blue Flag?

yeah that

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

blue flag: gay dudes rock

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Katreus posted:

If you're interested, a writer on the Arcane story commented on Reddit with their thoughts on the Caitlyn and Vi relationship:

theres some interesting stuff here but its funny that the op is so hardline about not explicitly exploring homophobia and then the replies descend into 'what about gay *men*!?'

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Feliday Melody posted:

None of this turned out to be even remotely true :v:

it's lovely to come into this thread and tell someone "actually this isn't true and it's queerbaiting"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
If you think two characters might be gay or a character is bi they are. Hope that helps.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
look folks i don't like how feliday came into this either but stuff like this

skaianDestiny posted:

God all I can think about is how people are loving so spoiled.

reads as real lovely to me. like how is this framing ever helping? that is a good thing. we should be happy that is a good thing.
tbc i do agree on some level with the rest of the post people need to keep historical context in mind because it keeps things in perspective. but like, you can remind people of that context without making it about this.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
like when i read poo poo like that part of me thinks "do you actually like gay people?"
like, i love gay people, but sure i get annoyed by gay people because we are annoying but like, this attitude about people being spoiled or not enlightened like me just rubs me the wrong way. like come on. it just sucks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah even as the person riding them hardest callign them spoiled feels a bit weird lol

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

If you think two characters might be gay or a character is bi they are. Hope that helps.
*X-Files theme plays in the distance*

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wow, a gay dana scully

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Anyone can be gay if you believe hard enough

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nitrousoxide posted:

Anyone can be gay if you believe hard enough

The "I Want To Believe" poster but with a picture of Luong from KoF14

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Snooze Cruise posted:

like when i read poo poo like that part of me thinks "do you actually like gay people?"
like, i love gay people, but sure i get annoyed by gay people because we are annoying but like, this attitude about people being spoiled or not enlightened like me just rubs me the wrong way. like come on. it just sucks.

I'm loving gay what the gently caress

I get your point and part of it is that I'm tired of people acting like two characters of the same gender having the same exact same sort of scenes a heterosexual couple would have doesn't mean its gay rep unless they plaster every single sign and advertisement with THESE GIRLS ARE GAY AND THEY gently caress BECAUSE THEY'RE LESBIANS. It's hyperbole, sure, but we're also at the point where people are reducing media about queer experiences, the problems minorities face, etc. to "can I ship two people of the same gender together" and only engaging with that aspect, not any of the other very important bits. Like I dunno, only caring about Grave of the Fireflies because one of the dudes is hot and never engaging with the other aspects.

Yes I know at the same time people and corporations and all the other fucks being cowardly about "are these two people gay and in love" by hemming and hawing and all that bullshit because they know a good portion of their fanbase ship 2 people of the same gender together and they don't want to lose their money and viewership but also don't want "ew loving gay people" explicitly on their show but people also seem to think that if a couple doesn't loudly proclaim that they're gay and together it doesn't count as rep. Queerbaiting is different from not confirming a queer couple. Queerbaiting is the intentional strategy to imply there's hope for a canon gay ship when it was never intended. Queerbaiting is what shows like Supernatural do when the writer interviews go "maybe those two guys might possibly have a chance at maybe having romantic attraction to each other" and then lmao the series finale. Queerbaiting is not "two characters have many deeply and romantically charged scenes and one where one of the characters explicitly asks the other if they like the same gender and have that be implicitly positively answered in a follow up scene, but they don't take an entire episode to gently caress on screen".

Korra showing two women holding hands and looking at each other framed in the exact same way the big romantic climax of the previous show on a loving kids show was loving huge. If that was shown today and treated as big it would be derided as cowardly, and you know what, they'd be right! We're past the point of implying a romantic relationship only by handholding. This was also only seven years ago. Reducing queer creators' efforts to get queer rep on their shows by fighting tooth and nail and risking their livelihoods just so they can get a single kiss at the end of the series as "not enough" is deeply insulting, and yes, I feel speaks from an entitled viewpoint.

I can't speak at all for Arcane because I haven't watched it or if any of the production crew are queer, but from what I've seen and read of it how Caitlyn and Vi are depicted would have been unthinkable not even half a decade ago. I could be wrong, I don't know.

I don't really know what my point is.

Girls are really cool

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
spoiled doesn't give a sense of solidarity

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
That's true. I could've used a different word for that.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The "I Want To Believe" poster but with a picture of Luong from KoF14

If anyone else has any requests feel free

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Katreus posted:

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Aurora posted:

it's lovely to come into this thread and tell someone "actually this isn't true and it's queerbaiting"

Yes, you're right and I'm sorry. I was just so disappointed.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Snooze Cruise posted:

wow, a gay dana scully

She's pretty handsome

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's always a good sign when there's 40 new posts here in no time.

I have considered watching the Lol anime but haven't done so yet. The future is filled with possibilities.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I wish Witch's Servant to update again :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

kirbysuperstar posted:

She's pretty handsome

my favorite part of gone home forever and always will be finding the magazine with a half naked Gillian Anderson on the cover

its still funny to me that people tried to frame the sister being a lesbian as a twist. if you watch the trailer its like, x files tapes, riot grrl, and a diary entry talking about this cool girl she just met. of course she is a lesbian, lmao. way to advertise you got no gaydar.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Nov 25, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

my favorite part of gone home forever and always will be finding the magazine with a half naked Gillian Anderson on the cover

lmao i forgot about that

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i been watching The Circle (US) which is a competition reality show where each contestant is isolated in their own apartment and can only interact with each other through the show's fake social media thingie. I mention it because part of the show is having catfishes where contestants setup fake profiles (like one dude is using his girlfriend's photos lol) and there is a butch lesbian who is catfishing as someone femme presenting its just something cool to see on a reality show.

Probably the most likable cast I seen in these types of shows, outside of maybe The Genius. And while the show clowns on everybody its in this sorta endearing "these dorks" way. And on top of that like, so much of the cast is LGBT. This is like the most flirting I ever seen women do with other women on a Survivor/Big Brother type of program.

Anyway, with no context

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

MetaMeme posted:

If anyone else has any requests feel free
i tried upscaling it so it can be used for posters:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
double shot of alcohol GL
update of kamiina botan
and a new series. college students, oni x bartender

also new room for two might be dropping some foreshadowing

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

A bonus chapter for Useless Princess: https://mangadex.org/chapter/14a37980-62ee-4f94-bcf0-83a2f846cb62

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

also new room for two might be dropping some foreshadowing

hosed up there has been a timeskip and we didn't get to see them start their new jobs.

Happy this is continuing into adult life though that last page does kinda feel like the story might be starting to wind down.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

https://www.facebook.com/annamakkotan/photos/a.882604132081545/950630401945584/?type=3&theater

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 26, 2021

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
Thank you OP for continuing to post new gay manga to read later

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

It's by far my favourite thread.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I'm really liking that one. I'm not a fan of alcohol at all IRL but I can appreciate two ladies bonding over a shared hobby and bein cute about it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm liking the comic but i'm missing how in the first chapter they went into a bit of detail about the process of making the cocktail they were drinking. I was hoping that'd be more of a thing. It was kinda like a cooking manga.

Cool oni though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
did you read any sleepy barmaid?
https://mangadex.org/title/b8a3be2d-a2be-4e9a-b1c2-8a46aacc9aba

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I haven't.

I'll definitely check it out.

SyntheticPolygon