Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Reading Ghost Warrior right now and I’m tickled that the eldar consider the word “stuff” to be one of a series of perfect words that somehow humans came up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I assume another would be “no why”

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Reading Ghost Warrior right now and I’m tickled that the eldar consider the word “stuff” to be one of a series of perfect words that somehow humans came up with.

It really is one of the top 5 words if you think about it.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

D-Pad posted:

It really is one of the top 5 words if you think about it.
I want to do a lovely animation of a farseer giving a powerpoint presentation on the Best Human Words and it's "stuff", "gently caress", and three other words that I can make a case for somehow.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

“‘It is just…’ began Eldrad, sensing Yvraine’s thoughts as her eyes roamed the room. He searched for a suitable aeldari word and found nothing that quite fitted and so settled for one of the few perfect human words instead. ‘Stuff.’
Yvraine realised immediately what he meant. These were not heirlooms or trophies, treasured possessions or valued research materials. They were cultural accretions. The accumulation of a life that had spanned five generations of his people. They had been placed with no consideration at all, simply fitted into whatever space had seemed right at the time, and never given a second thought.
He had not even spared them the mental effort of how to discard them.”

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Arquinsiel posted:

I want to do a lovely animation of a farseer giving a powerpoint presentation on the Best Human Words and it's "stuff", "gently caress", and three other words that I can make a case for somehow.

'Pimpmobile'

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Lobster God posted:

'Pimpmobile'

That's using your rear end!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Goddamn, after looking for.. months? for a hard cover of Infinite and the Divine, I found a facebook group dedicated to buying/selling black library books and a few minutes later found a copy for a reasonable price. Can't wait to finally read this thing if I ever finish Mortis.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Philthy posted:

Goddamn, after looking for.. months? for a hard cover of Infinite and the Divine, I found a facebook group dedicated to buying/selling black library books and a few minutes later found a copy for a reasonable price. Can't wait to finally read this thing if I ever finish Mortis.

LMAO. Are your initials PV because if so you just bought it from me.

Edit: I'm in the US and have a ton of BL novels/LEs, background books, and roleplaying books I am offloading if anybody else is looking for anything.

D-Pad fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 24, 2021

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Are you getting rid of the LE of Ravenor for a non obnoxious price?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

D-Pad posted:

Edit: I'm in the US and have a ton of BL novels/LEs, background books, and roleplaying books I am offloading if anybody else is looking for anything.

I'd be interested in 40k/fantasy rpg books. hit me up on pms

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

D-Pad posted:

I'd be interested in the BL stuff depending on what you have

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

D-Pad posted:

Hello I am very interested can you make an SA Mart thread ? Or link us to a gallery or something?

I don't have Facebook.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Alright. I'll get a full list together of everything in the next day or two and PM it to anybody who is interested. We did confirm that Philthy did buy his Infinite and the Divine from me.

Azubah posted:

Are you getting rid of the LE of Ravenor for a non obnoxious price?

I already sold the first one and just have the second.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I was after the ravenor ones as well 🥲

Ah well I'd take a Pariah LE or Eisenhorne LE if either exist. I'm not sure what GW has run for LEs but I'm super interested

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Add me to the interested in LEs pile

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

D-Pad posted:

Alright. I'll get a full list together of everything in the next day or two and PM it to anybody who is interested. We did confirm that Philthy did buy his Infinite and the Divine from me.

I am definitely interested in this list.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
New Angels of Death episode is simply titled: Slaughter.

:blaster:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

How many more episodes before it's done and I just have to subscribe for a month?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Voices of Heresy Humble Bundle going on right now for anyone interested in hearing rather than reading.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Deptfordx posted:

How many more episodes before it's done and I just have to subscribe for a month?

Maybe one or two more? I've only seen that it's been close to done.

I've been completely impressed with the service so far. For $60, with a $60 mini included, it's been more than worthwhile. We're only a few months in and I feel like I've gotten my moneys worth already.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
Man, Angels of Death is just sloppy sometimes, and feels like a video game cutscene from 2010. There are these big gaps or pauses in the dialogue where the characters just stand around looking at each other. Super awkward. It definitely needed another pass by the editor.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Paddyo posted:

Man, Angels of Death is just sloppy sometimes, and feels like a video game cutscene from 2010. There are these big gaps or pauses in the dialogue where the characters just stand around looking at each other. Super awkward. It definitely needed another pass by the editor.

My only issue has been the sound. It's just so flat. Nothing has weight. I wish the guy who did Astartes would be able to go over it and maybe just come up with a doc pointing out poo poo like. "Episode 1, marine walking at 2m35s into room, you barely hear the footfalls. Ramp the bass up around 200-400hz" but for everything. Bolters, chain swords, etc. It's obvious that guy has professional everything design under his belt, and maybe using him as an oversight for all animated productions might help a bit. Come up with a sound library so consistency is across the board. I dunno. Just seems like all these productions are people winging it on their own, when they have the resources to combine and assist each other.

Maybe it's a big ask this early into their first outing, but they've been licensing games for decades at this point. Someone, somewhere could, and should, pull a Lucasfilm overwatch by now.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 24, 2021

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I know they're going for a gritty nearly monochromatic color palette but I don't think it looks all that great. A little more color would go a long way, but I imagine that also takes a lot more time to get right.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Deptfordx posted:

"Slaughter" is the penultimate episode. So next week's is the finale.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

It looks and sounds amateurish, and not good amateurish

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

I bought a physical copy of the Ultramarines movie. The limited edition, with the art book and all.

Angels looks just fine.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This is apparently a hot take now, but I think Angels of Death looks dope.

3 quick things that I love.

1. The intro. Drops of blood falling from the sword transitioning into drop pods? *chefs kiss*

2. Every time the Black Rage is visualized.

3. Hadrael.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 24, 2021

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

IshmaelZarkov posted:

I bought a physical copy of the Ultramarines movie. The limited edition, with the art book and all.

Angels looks just fine.

I've never forced myself to watch this. I went into the Star Wars Holiday Special knowing full well it was awful and terrible, and I still regret it.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
It’s not that bad. It’s just really boring.

Angels of Death, the lack of weight and impact bothered me at first but I’m into it now. But like everything warhammer, the characters interacting are better than the combat.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Angels of Death reminds me of some old BBC shows. Like it has a prestige heritage with no budget, I like it.

D-Pad posted:

drat, that's the one book I missed out on.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

IshmaelZarkov posted:

Respectfully, sir, I think this solidly rules you out for giving meaningful opinions on what is or is not good.

Said entirely in jest, but OH MY GOD YOU PAID EXTRA MONEY FOR THAT!?!?!?

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
The Black Legion series is so good. I picked up the first one thinking it was going to be a trilogy, but A) There are 13 black crusades and B) the end of book two is the BEGINNING OF THE FIRST ONE. Plus the question of what Iskander is actually doing on Terra.

I also enjoyed the bits about “Wait, I’m the Arch-Slaughterer of where? I’ve never even heard of that planet.”

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013
About halfway through Warhawk now and the bad taste of Mortis long gone. And holy poo poo, Sigismund is a beast in this.

I love how a XVI captain builds up to challenge him, fights his way to face him, starts to make a big speech and gets utterly murked before he even finishes his moment . So good to see the loyalists let loose on Terra.

And the interaction between Sanguinius and Jaghatai was perfect. "ram that scythe so far down his throat he'll never find his rebreather" making the Khan laugh just felt so right

I'm just about managing to avoid spoilers as I still have halfway to go.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Broken Record Talk posted:

Respectfully, sir, I think this solidly rules you out for giving meaningful opinions on what is or is not good.

Said entirely in jest, but OH MY GOD YOU PAID EXTRA MONEY FOR THAT!?!?!?

Yup. I remember being so damned excited that I refused to watch trailers or anything before hand. Abnett was slated to write it, it had amazing voice actors. My precious 40k was finally getting a movie that I could get my friends and family to watch and they'd finally understand why I love this universe so much. Thank christ I watched it before I showed them.

These days I can just show off Astartes and Helsreach and they get it.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I too bought the same super duper edition.

It's funny because now I don't buy Warhammer stuff any more, I can laugh at everybody in the thread doing the same thing buying LE Gav Thorpe books or whatever.

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

New Iron Snakes book out tomorrow

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Miguel Prado posted:

New Iron Snakes book out tomorrow

oh poo poo, like a full novel?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
I watched Angels of Death and found it super disappointing compared to something like Astartes. The animation quality and directing isn't up to scratch for me. I find it very clichéd and immersion breaking just how bad the space marines are at being soldiers. They walk slowly around the place blundering into ambushes. Enemies appear and they stand there being dramatically surprised for a moment, and then start shooting, which isn't seen to be that effective. Every element of their planning and tactics is shown to be deficient, they don't seem scary as they only triumph by their enemies somehow failing to kill them despite having every advantage. Ruins it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Telsa Cola posted:

Was the Black Legion author the one that kept making Twitter posts about how all the characters are going to die horribly and see their dreams fall to ruin because they were Chaos dogs or was that someone else.

I mean, he did write words to that effect. As Sigisimund's dying words, as he came the closest anyone ever has to killing off Abaddon.