Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Yeah, Tenbux Legacy's got some skill to 'em. A good keeper covers a multitude of sins! Can't be too cross about a 1-0 loss, though, even to a managerless team. poo poo happens!

Centering a good amount of my gameplan around my newly-promoted 16/4 midfielder might have been a mistake too, but hell, gotta squeeze out as much DV out of the season for the kid as I can manage

From here it's a question of how well I manage in the mid-tier; if I can manage at least a respectable showing I'll start pulling together the pieces for a push, and if not it's back to the DV mines for a season. Either way I think the future will be highly caffeinated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Speaking of DV, can you get DV from friendlies? The lower leagues have an awkward week gap of no games while the 7 team leagues finish.

Disappointed in my draw, but DV is improving for everyone at least. Kind of a surprising season, felt like I should have dominated but my team struggled to even play consistently well. If I can't make the 2nd league next year with my team averaging 25 age, I'm in deep trouble.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I have seen DV increase on a friendly although it seems to be a very small bump compared to a competitive fixture because you might only see 1-2 players get a visible increase. Also the season has to have started.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Well River City has secured promotion. That is cool I guess.

Funny thing happened in my last game. My keeper was injured and I had no substitute. My forward was subbed in and he is also my freekick taker. A few minutes after he was subbed he proceeds to score a goal and he kept a clean sheet. It was a very John O'Shea moment.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Coffee Beans and River City Rovers are gonna be an interesting little storyline in the middle division next season; two teams this well-matched both duking it out in a division that doesn't have much room at all for error. Will they press for the top flight together? Will they both sink down to earth? Will one pull away from the other? It's gonna be fun to see!

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Welcome Four Loko Sports Team! We still have a couple weeks until the next season but good to have ya!

Also, did somebody from here apply for a team under the username Saber45? I'd prefer to keep the league goons-only so please post in this thread if you're signing up.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Coffee Beans and River City Rovers are gonna be an interesting little storyline in the middle division next season; two teams this well-matched both duking it out in a division that doesn't have much room at all for error. Will they press for the top flight together? Will they both sink down to earth? Will one pull away from the other? It's gonna be fun to see!

Don't forget the storyline of "okay THIS season is Dragongem's season, unlike all of the other seasons which were just development seasons"

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Dragongem posted:

Don't forget the storyline of "okay THIS season is Dragongem's season, unlike all of the other seasons which were just development seasons"

I've been running the exact same storyline except instead of saying "this season is the Coffee Beans' season" it's been a repetition of "Next season will be the Coffee Beans' season, I'm just building up my nest egg and development in the meantime" for like four seasons now

I keep getting distracted by going "oh this player will grow up to be awesome, better develop him for several seasons before I can challenge the world, let's get rid of the old guy blocking his development" which is why my oldest goalkeeper is 20

oops

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

bees everywhere posted:

Welcome Four Loko Sports Team! We still have a couple weeks until the next season but good to have ya!

Also, did somebody from here apply for a team under the username Saber45? I'd prefer to keep the league goons-only so please post in this thread if you're signing up.

Looks like there was a post on the last page from a Saber45.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Tiger Crazy posted:

Looks like there was a post on the last page from a Saber45.

Oh right. Cool, welcome aboard Solihull United.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Was out of town and forgot to set tactics coming off the bye. RIP my shot at promotion.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
meanwhile the lower leagues are in two weeks of hyperbolic time chamber friendlies

at least the first one did bump up some DV, so maybe 3 more can help shore up the worst ones.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

bees everywhere posted:

My form has been snowballing this season

I love how my win streak ended immediately after making this post and now I've only gotten 3 points in the last 4 games. PTizzle's right behind me with a game in hand, he could still win the whole shebang.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I have so much money and no goddamn idea what to do with it.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Nephzinho posted:

Buy a bad rear end youth and spend the rest training him? How much is a lot of money anyway

bees everywhere posted:

I love how my win streak ended immediately after making this post and now I've only gotten 3 points in the last 4 games. PTizzle's right behind me with a game in hand, he could still win the whole shebang.
I should have tried to win but you looked unbeatable. My form also tanked when yours did as I kept prioritizing building for the future.

Flayer fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 18, 2021

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Flayer posted:

Buy a bad rear end youth and spend the rest training him? How much is a lot of money anyway

Like 8 million and change. I don't want to start a new youth currently as my team is kind of coming online for the 2-3 youth per position I trained hit their stride, though. Realizing that the last match of the season is going to be ABDCE v Dadbod though, and they'll be at 24 and 23 point respectively with me at 21. I think my only way through though is ABCD beating Dadbod with the various tiebreakers though. Guess the best money I can spend is a couple of 12 skill vets.

e; What day is training day to hit post-CR? I never remember the timing.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 21, 2021

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

Nephzinho posted:

quote:

Someone has spread soap all over the shower room floor so that several players slipped and hurt themselves. Luckily no one was seriously injured. This was obviously at attempt at sabotage but no one knows anything as to who might be behind it all.

Uh-huh.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

You could save me some money and tell Spyde your tactics (if he even cares which of us makes it and isn't just playing out for DV).

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Here comes the last round of the season, you can start your form training about 12 hours from this post, and if you have any money left then spend it on the pools!

Also: Go Capitalist Pigs, go!

Onato
Dec 29, 2014
I've applied to join the league as Onato123

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma

bees everywhere posted:

Also: Go Capitalist Pigs, go!

Need at least a point to be sure of staying up, although realistically Bromo-Dragonflies is gonna have to do something ridiculous to pass goal differential.

Either way I'll be playing the big dogs for the last match.

Edit: Good luck! Was a fun season

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
It was a disappointing season for Sheds of Grey after last year's oh so nearly title. We looked absolutely mediocre, and seemed to move backwards. Still, I have a couple of tasty kids who could still double jump making it all worthwhile. Both are stuck on +6 so it's far from certain, but if they do, I'll have a 20/10 midfielder and a 17/6 heading/fast defender on my hands, basically guaranteeing future success. Or a big payday and squad revamp. They are already worth 7 mil each... if they double jump it might become silly money and force me to sell rather than risk ruining them!

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

Nephzinho posted:

You could save me some money and tell Spyde your tactics (if he even cares which of us makes it and isn't just playing out for DV).

have you considered losing fewer games

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Destrado posted:

have you considered losing fewer games

I forgot to set tactics on my other loss :(

Onato
Dec 29, 2014
It looks like my team has either been disbanded or I've been sacked. I've started a new team called Woefulhampton FC and I'm awaiting approval.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Onato posted:

It looks like my team has either been disbanded or I've been sacked. I've started a new team called Woefulhampton FC and I'm awaiting approval.
A new season is just about to start so the admin might be able to give you an inactive team to take over if you prefer. Good time to join anyway.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Onato posted:

All set

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Boo, Dadbod was able to avoid a loss so I will be staying put for another season. Bright side, my youth are +7/8/6/6 so my change report should be promising and I still have like 6m to spend on new talent knowing I have another season down here.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Well the Verts expectedly took a last day title from the Nerds, who suffered a catastrophic loss of form after looking uncatchable early on. I somehow finished 3rd despite my team's form falling off a cliff before the halfway mark was even reached, it was that kind of season.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

drat, that was a close one!

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Shocked I managed to take the title after how it was looking halfway through the season. It's a tough league to be consistent in. Well played all.

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma
Top flight this year was really close and exciting. Congrats to the Verts for that 2nd half of the season run to end up securing the title.

Been really enjoying this revival goon league and am hoping we can keep it going as long as possible.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

Nephzinho posted:

Boo, Dadbod was able to avoid a loss so I will be staying put for another season. Bright side, my youth are +7/8/6/6 so my change report should be promising and I still have like 6m to spend on new talent knowing I have another season down here.

Honestly I was okay with staying, just wish my development youth hadn't taken himself out at 28 minutes in, he needed that DV.

Don't know if I'll be able to stick in the top flight with my team still needing time in the oven, but I guess I'll just buy some elderly mutants with my savings and see how we go.

Edit: Oh ouch, it came down to 1 point of goal difference.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Solid report. A double jump on my youngest player and solid growth on everyone else. All ofthe minuses are bench players or retiring. Just a shame I didn't get promoted or I'd be picking up a veteran or two to round things out and go for it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

only drop was from my 36 year old who's gonna be retiring, so that was nice

I still don't know if I'm gonna have the chops to stay up in this division, but it's gonna be neat finding out

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I still don't know if I'm gonna have the chops to stay up in this division, but it's gonna be neat finding out

Big same to this. The two doubles jumps I was hoping for didn't materialize. Overall a pretty mediocre change report. The goalkeeper situation needs to be rectified. No SQ and pretty much a stalled skills is terrible.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Mixed report. Definitely a two week period where my life got insane and I forgot good training, trying to coast on existing good form. Goalkeeper situation is solid now, but my forward situation is lousy. My team is nearly averaging 25 so starting to hit the stride, though kinda wish I had slightly more skill in general.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 28, 2021

Mr_Chicken
Mar 23, 2009

Not entirely sure what the state of the League is at the moment but I've just applied to join as "applee" - happy to take over a team if there's vacancies. Equally happy to wait if there aren't, because I am going to suck regardless.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The new season is kicking off on Sunday so great time to join! You would probably be better off taking over an inactive team if there is one and renaming it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr_Chicken
Mar 23, 2009

Works perfectly for me if there are any! I'll just keep an eye on my app.