Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

How about an Elite80 with a crate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Elite cratey

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

L33T CR8Y

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

How about an Elite80 with a crate!

:krad: more scoots plz

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Slavvy posted:

L33T CR8Y

Show your bike: L33T CR8Y

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Posted in the wrong thread because I'm an idiot.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
My partner’s Harley doesn’t dwarf my scooter as much as I thought it would.

The garage is a work in progress and we have too many bicycles. I just got my quad lock today, so tomorrow I’ll probably pull off the ram mount.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

CheddarGoblin posted:

:krad: more scoots plz

No clutch lever this counts right?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
How much extra did you have to pay to unlock ClutchFree.exe

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I love that color combo!

Wasn't there an electric motorcycle that came with a manual transmission?

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
Whoa, another Zero in the CA house!

Nitrox posted:

Wasn't there an electric motorcycle that came with a manual transmission?
The Brammo Empulse had a six-speed, yeah.

The only other early electric bike (along with Zero) that I can remember was the Alta Redshift, and I don't think it had a multi-speed transmission. It's moot what you can call a transmission on these, on a Zero that's two sprockets and a belt, but I think the Alta had a fixed reduction gear. My local dealer had one but I never rode it.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

There’s a french company that makes an electric trials bike with a clutch too.

No gearbox tho.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

opengl128 posted:

No clutch lever this counts right?

So is this just a case of the throttle is 0-100%? That sounds like it could be quite scary on something with the torque of an electric motor :aaa:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

So is this just a case of the throttle is 0-100%? That sounds like it could be quite scary on something with the torque of an electric motor :aaa:
It would be fine as long as you aren’t whisky throttling it. Try it in road or rain mode first before you put it in sport.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I had to go look up what whisky throttle is :lol:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
There's always some kind of form of traction control it keeps you from flinging this thing into the sun. Simply because you can get 100% of torque from the dead stop, which in itself is suicidal

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I keep forgetting tech on bikes has gotten that far already. When I took my CBT recently the owner has a massive BMW adventure bike which had basically every bell and whistle that a car does these days.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's amazingly easy to control and not kill yourself. As mentioned, there are ride modes with less than full power, but even in Sport with full power, you have traction control, lean-sensitive stability control, and ABS. You can give it full throttle from a stop and it just takes off, no drama, no wheelies, etc. Same thing coming through a turn or even with poor traction. It's seamless and works great.

You can still turn that stuff off if you have a death wish though. Also the throttle mapping is tame at low speeds, it's super manageable and scooter like just putting around at parking lot speeds. Above 15-20mph is when things get really spicy.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
I remember at the Zero demo event I went to, they kept telling everyone "Do not blip. Do not rev." over and over.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Gave the LiveWire and the BMW a wash:

Fat Bob is at the dealer getting some work done (fork replacement under warranty, other bits and bobs).

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Some garage pics as well, it's nice having space to do things in now:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Yeah but where do you park your combine that tames all those hay bales?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Heh, the farmer generally keeps it in his shed or occasionally leaves it halfway up the hill in pic 4. It's red and big.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
No self-respecting garage can survive without a dishwasher and a washing machine, note taken

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I have garage envy, I've been unable to find one to rent as a mini workshop around here. Spots in shared garages are plentiful but can't be used for maintenance. I probably need to rent a barn from a farmer or something but they probably won't react well to an Auslander just asking around.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Nitrox posted:

No self-respecting garage can survive without a dishwasher and a washing machine, note taken

Those two are are old (almost brand new) ones from our old place. When we moved here a month ago, the new place had machines already. The machines here already aren't great, but our old ones are. I'll get em subbed in at some point when I have time.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

knox_harrington posted:

I have garage envy, I've been unable to find one to rent as a mini workshop around here. Spots in shared garages are plentiful but can't be used for maintenance. I probably need to rent a barn from a farmer or something but they probably won't react well to an Auslander just asking around.

Whereabouts are you?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Steakandchips posted:

Whereabouts are you?

Western Switzerland

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Steakandchips posted:

Some garage pics as well, it's nice having space to do things in now:

Jammy bastard. I'm shortly downgrading from 4x6 metres to nothing, and hopefully maybe back up to 3x3.5 metres in spring. The one I'm in now has a cracked floor and leaks like a sieve though, so even a smaller one might be better given it'll be new.

Also I can't get over how good the Livewire looks, it's just a ridiculously well-proportioned bike.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
I love my workshop but gently caress, man

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I went from a 3 car garage to a 2.75 car garage to a 1 car garage and the struggle is real. The only positive is it made me clean all sorts of dumb poo poo out that I had just moved from house to house in boxes that I never opened.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Whelp, this is a drat disaster. I thought that having the open case was necessary, but nooooope. Nothing but windnoise and bullshit.

Here it is anyway, 26 minutes of constant wind noise. Oh well, I'll try better next time.

https://youtu.be/ZLGQjli9wrE

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest

gileadexile posted:

Whelp, this is a drat disaster. I thought that having the open case was necessary, but nooooope. Nothing but windnoise and bullshit.

Here it is anyway, 26 minutes of constant wind noise. Oh well, I'll try better next time.

I have a video that's about the same on my hard drive. I was trying to do a separate mic, but apparently the adapter I had didn't work so I had wind noise audio and occasionally me talking to myself at stoplights.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

gileadexile posted:

The camera angle is really weird.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Unless it's chin-mounted, helmet cameras always have kind of a weird angle. I like to see my hands in my camera in addition to the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jII87t11onE

My camera records audio from the mic inside my helmet unless I'm on the phone (wire tap laws?). It sounds pretty decent. If you're stuck with an external mic you can look into some "dead cat" wind noise reducing fuzzy stuff to glue on around the mic.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Yeah, I had to mount it on the side using a safety strap in addition to the sticky mount because my helmet is shaped kinda funky.

My camera also came with a waterproof plastic enclosure, I'm gonna try with that one the next time I'm able to get out. Unfortunately I don't think it supports an external mic, I can't get any confirmation on that.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

MomJeans420 posted:

I went from a 3 car garage to a 2.75 car garage to a 1 car garage and the struggle is real. The only positive is it made me clean all sorts of dumb poo poo out that I had just moved from house to house in boxes that I never opened.

I threw out 4 trunk loads of stuff to the tip so far, along with a few large black bins worth the council collected. This is all because we couldn't be arsed to bin things at the old place and had the movers pack literally everything. I have more shite to bin (e.g. those suitcases depicted).

Shelvocke posted:

I love my workshop but gently caress, man

Come up here and work in mine in the summer, and then we can go for some rides on the nice roads around and about here.

knox_harrington posted:

Western Switzerland

Swiss property is expensive AF from what I hear :(

Renaissance Robot posted:

Jammy bastard. I'm shortly downgrading from 4x6 metres to nothing, and hopefully maybe back up to 3x3.5 metres in spring. The one I'm in now has a cracked floor and leaks like a sieve though, so even a smaller one might be better given it'll be new.

Also I can't get over how good the Livewire looks, it's just a ridiculously well-proportioned bike.

You buying a place with a garage in the spring?

Aye, it's a pretty bike.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

I have a GoPro chin mount from here:
https://chinmounts.com/

Previously also just used Sugru.

And, at least for GoPros, you can get a foam case that cuts down on wind noise.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
I use this on my RF-1200, but the mounts that dema posted would probably be better. I just ordered one for my RF1200 and one for my Simpson auto racing helmet.

With that mount and a wider angle on my GoPro I get a shot like this:

It's like two inches below my eyes, so it's as close to my POV as possible. And the camera only comes up high enough on my helmet for me to see it's there, and maybe see the red light blinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

dema posted:

I have a GoPro chin mount from here:
https://chinmounts.com/

Previously also just used Sugru.

And, at least for GoPros, you can get a foam case that cuts down on wind noise.

Oh poo poo I’ve been trying to figure out how to mount my GoPro in a less lovely way on my modular ADV helmet, thanks for this.