Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweet_Joke_Nectar
Jun 7, 2007

i'm a little shai :3
Any idea on a good place to source the sound library/ROM/waveform cards for the Roland JD-800?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Yea that’s the one I have. Worth

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

Any idea on a good place to source the sound library/ROM/waveform cards for the Roland JD-800?
load up this video and Audacity? :getin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiSmi-84aCg

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

Would it piss anyone off if I started a Eurorack thread?

it would eliminate a bunch of posts that I would otherwise have to scroll past while looking for people quoting me

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
This thread is like my most active one and the posts inspire me to play more poo poo so having it denser is nice.

Granted it does make me curious about racks which I do NOT need to look into.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Why doesn’t VCVrack at least have a sale on the core modules this week, bah

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Honestly the more I mess with hardware the more appreciation I have for the DAW. No complicated mixing, no pattern step limitations, no cable hunting, no bullshit incompatibilities, easy sequencing, actual project management and song mode without needing to buy a $600 machine that does a worse job anyway, a vast array of cheap or even free tools and instruments, and everything you need is right at your fingertips without having to botch a soldering job on a new piece of electronics and then learn you’re missing half the pieces you need so no MIDI control for you.

All hail the DAW.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Exhibit A at my future bankruptcy proceedings

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So the Neutrik patchbay in my basket can be configured to nornal/halfnormal/thru apparently so I think it’ll do what I want.

I am way more excited than I should be at the prospect of playing 1940s switchboard operator for a bunch of 1980s equipment,

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

Honestly the more I mess with hardware the more appreciation I have for the DAW. No complicated mixing, no pattern step limitations, no cable hunting, no bullshit incompatibilities, easy sequencing, actual project management and song mode without needing to buy a $600 machine that does a worse job anyway, a vast array of cheap or even free tools and instruments, and everything you need is right at your fingertips without having to botch a soldering job on a new piece of electronics and then learn you’re missing half the pieces you need so no MIDI control for you.

All hail the DAW.

And that's really okay. But don't get too upset over that soldering job, it happens to most everybody as they learn.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Im so loving mad about solder!!!!!!! :supaburn:

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
I prefer to have my poo poo pre-soldered

e:

toadee posted:

:popeye:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

Why doesn’t VCVrack at least have a sale on the core modules this week, bah

Maybe they forgot in the scramble to get 2.0 out. The claim was it'd be done this month..

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

guessing from the avatars that acute toxoplasmosis interferes with soldering

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

The Voice of Labor posted:

guessing from the avatars that acute toxoplasmosis interferes with soldering

Little doubt I have it too, so consider that in your mad ravings.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
SYNTH CATS.

poo poo I’m babysitting my neighbors cat this is prime synth time.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Can I post SAMPLER DOGS :(

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
:justpost:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

petit choux posted:

Little doubt I have it too, so consider that in your mad ravings.

that cat's what's keeping you from circuit bending those yamahas. with its parasitic mind control

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Im so loving mad about solder!!!!!!! :supaburn:

If you're looking to do this more than once it's absolutely worth spending $30 or however much on a digitally controlled solder station that's built to maintain a temperature. My Yihua 937D has served me better than any plug-in iron ever has.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

What’s sampler dog

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Him.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

What’s sampler dog

not much what’s sampler dog with you

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

A MIRACLE posted:

What’s sampler dog

Rolo fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 25, 2021

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:hmmyes: That's a good dog!

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
the virgin sampler dog vs the chad synth cat

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
ROMpler Dog is more rhymey

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

toadee posted:

Can't decide if I wanna tag myself as the Polar seltzer or the Roland mousepad but drat that's rad

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Johnny Truant posted:

Can't decide if I wanna tag myself as the Polar seltzer or the Roland mousepad but drat that's rad

I’m the creepy stuffed animals in the chair.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I’m the creepy stuffed animals in the chair.

So you're the one who talks to me at night

Sweet_Joke_Nectar
Jun 7, 2007

i'm a little shai :3

Lol if I didn’t already have the synth on the way I would, love me some sliders

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This is a cool project!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

gonna bring my tracker and model:cycles when i visit my parents over christmas and new years so i’ll try and get some SYNTH CAT pics then

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

The Voice of Labor posted:

that cat's what's keeping you from circuit bending those yamahas. with its parasitic mind control

And wrecking the place. He set the fire alarm off a couple of weeks ago, never figured out how he did that one.

As for circuit bending, I wanted to practice soldering and stuff a bit more before I try any of that. Got some broken keyboards to repair, too, which will help get me into it, if I ever do it.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 25, 2021

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

toadee posted:

I just finished a similar (smaller lol) case consolidation/migration, god it sucks doing it but it’s so great after :yum:
I’ve gone wide open throttle quad, motile system is quad out to the home one, along with everything else via shakmat aeolus mixer. Still futzing with monitoring, currently doing FL/C/FR/RL&RR but I had a brown out when the fridge also kicked over, so might have to scale down.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
AUM and the Rozetta sequencers for iOS are half off right now for any iOS synth people.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Matt Zerella posted:

AUM and the Rozetta sequencers for iOS are half off right now for any iOS synth people.

Nice. Those are both really fun/useful.

Cubasis 3 is also half off right now, and it's a great mobile DAW. For $15, it's a steal. Particularly if you use Cubase on a computer, it's trivially easy to port a Cubasis project over to a computer and keep working on it in Cubase. At this point I do most recording with my interface running into an iPad running Cubasis 3, play around with things there, and then move the project over to the PC to finish it.

Any other interesting iOS music apps having holiday sales?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

How backwards compatible is modern cubase on iPad or Pc/Mac?

I have both an Atari ST with Cubase 2, and an OS9 powerbook that is doing some SCSI sampler stuff but also running Cubase VST 4.1, both strictly for MIDI sequencing. Is there any plausible to import those or do we know whether modern Cubase has a hard limit in what it'll support?

I don't really use modern cubase but I guess theoretically it would be cool to take the file off the Atari and just have it on the iPad for reasons I can't really come up with right now.

Obviously no expectation of going backwards. Hey why can't I open this Cubase 11 project on my Mac SE/30 :mad:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

It's me, I'm the idiot that bought them both a week ago. Oh well the apps are good enough they deserve full price.

(though I'm kind of annoyed that rozetta apps are categorized as instruments when they're actually midi generators)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

Matt Zerella posted:

Oh sweet - thanks. $4 for Rozetta is great.

Anyone who doesn't have AUM should get it - I paid full price and have no regrets. All I needed was some LFOs and now Rozetta has that covered.