Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Synthbuttrange posted:

Death of Dr Strange: Strange Academy features a detour to wierdworld. Mike Del Mundo is back on art for the trip. :3:

Fangs - check.
Massive muscles - check.
Bulging veins - check.
Six-pack... well, an "E" for Effort, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its a six pec

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ygolonac posted:

Six-pack... well, an "G" for Effort, I guess.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Strange Tales #115 (1963)

Sky Gal #3 (1994)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It never made sense why the vacuum thing worked on Sandman. Unless it was just so humiliating that he gave up.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Lobok posted:

It never made sense why the vacuum thing worked on Sandman. Unless it was just so humiliating that he gave up.

It's dark in the vacuum, so he thought it was night and just went to sleep.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

But I thought that only works on... Oh right, he's a jailbird.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Sandman reconstitutes and then busts out of the vacuum cleaner, his body now shaped like an angry little gumdrop.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Libra posted:

Sandman reconstitutes and then busts out of the vacuum cleaner, his body now shaped like an angry little gumdrop.

What is this, Something Awful Forums Commemorative Delightful Mental Image Day?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/RealSardonicus/status/1463805302936154113?s=20

Don't know source.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Is that Wolverine, or just a Canadian person

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Wolv-Irene

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Vault of Evil #9, February 1974 apparently

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I am absolutely looking forward to this storyline

2000AD #2259

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ghost Rider #10 (1975)

And an absolute classic.

Spidey Super Stories #31 (1978)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Several minutes later? Boy they got that million tons of TNT together really quickly.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
So the team is a guy with the Millennium Falcon and CHA 18, a bald woman with either psychic powers or major concentration issues, the Great Grape Ape, a goofy robot made from percussion instruments and, er, Spider-Man. Good for Peter that he's found someone who'll take him when the Avengers won't, but what does this gang get from him that they couldn't from, say, a bus conductor?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's America.

"A... one megaton blast? Are you sure? We can give you more. Much, much more."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Payndz posted:

So the team is a guy with the Millennium Falcon and CHA 18, a bald woman with either psychic powers or major concentration issues, the Great Grape Ape, a goofy robot made from percussion instruments and, er, Spider-Man. Good for Peter that he's found someone who'll take him when the Avengers won't, but what does this gang get from him that they couldn't from, say, a bus conductor?

I can never remember the issue but one of my favorite Spidey panels is him just going "Everyone always forgets I'm also really, really smart."

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
They are just getting rid of poo poo tier explosives to make room for the good stuff. That TNT is probably decades old and sweating nitro.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Marvel Boy/the Uranian and Gorilla Man are both much more qualified to be Avengers than Spidey

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

The robot made out of percussion instruments and old cans of SPAM is more qualified to be an Avenger than Spidey

Spidey is only slightly more useful than a pile of fermented bok choy

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

I can never remember the issue but one of my favorite Spidey panels is him just going "Everyone always forgets I'm also really, really smart."

I don't know the exact issue either but it's in Hickman's FF after Johnny dies and Spidey joins. He's in a meeting/class with Reed and the kids and makes a smart suggestion and the kids look dumbfounded, which leads to that line.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Mikl posted:

Several minutes later? Boy they got that million tons of TNT together really quickly.

It obviously comes pre-boxed in 1M ton amounts. That should be clear from the large box labelled TNT.

The more I see of Super Spidey Stories, the more I'm convinced it should be a Netflix series.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

robziel posted:

I am absolutely looking forward to this storyline

2000AD #2259

Also, I loved Trevor Nunn block there.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

I don't know the exact issue either but it's in Hickman's FF after Johnny dies and Spidey joins. He's in a meeting/class with Reed and the kids and makes a smart suggestion and the kids look dumbfounded, which leads to that line.

It also happened in Marvel Adventures Avengers, I believe

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Gaz-L posted:

It also happened in Marvel Adventures Avengers, I believe

Yeah, that's the one I remember.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Sensation Comics #5 (1942)

Booster Gold #38 (2011)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
DC vs. Vampires #2: There's a war with vampires coming. Only a few people in the superhero community know, and one is Batman, who just finished giving the whole Bat-fam an exposition dump over tea at Wayne Manor.

I mean the last joke is great but all the Damian jokes are too.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The byplay between Alfred and Batman is just so good in the hands of authors who just get their dynamic.

I get a real Wooster and Jeeves vibe from them when it's working right.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"You want me to do what Mr Wayne? Bless a water boiler?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

"You want me to do what Mr Wayne? Bless a water boiler?"

Bruce Wayne is insanely wealthy and a recluse. I am pretty sure anyone who gets called to his house for weird stuff is just glad it doesn't involve children or farm animals.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Not sure about Catholic or Episcopalian, but Orthodox priests will bless just about anything you ask them to.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Keromaru5 posted:

Not sure about Catholic or Episcopalian, but Orthodox priests will bless just about anything you ask them to.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Proteus Jones posted:

bless this mess server

Haha that's great.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Hasn't Batman already fought Dracula before? So he has had that stuff ready for awhile.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Keromaru5 posted:

Having a Rabbi regularly bless cooking surfaces with fire is typical orthodox Judaiism even when vampires aren't involved. He could have just said he wanted everything to be properly Kosher for a friend.

Also, I recall seeing somewhere that new vampires in Gotham assume Batman is the local lord and regularly present themselves to him to ask about feeding protocols and the like.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Elfface posted:

Also, I recall seeing somewhere that new vampires in Gotham assume Batman is the local lord and regularly present themselves to him to ask about feeding protocols and the like.

If this is a comic page, I would like to see that comic page.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Infinitum posted:

If this is a comic page, I would like to see that comic page.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragle Gumm
Jun 14, 2020
Check out

(originally posted in Q&A).