Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Suspicious posted:

I know all of this. I never know what skills to use to eventually get to my build.

You mean what skills to level with?

Steel skills work well for melee/physical characters. I'm also partial to Vaal ground slam early on. Stormblast mines and orb of storms are popular for leveling casters though I personally prefer leveling with incinerate or blazing salvo and holy flame totems.

Honestly just find a skill you like, it really doesn't matter much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Suspicious posted:

I know all of this. I never know what skills to use to eventually get to my build.

generic Wuxi's leveling posts are somewhat relevant still, they're pinned in OP
Melee/phys builds do well with steel skills and a 2H with rustic sash recipe
Flamewall/HFT is good early witch/templar

efb^

Fister Roboto posted:

what the gently caress

It's a cool trick, but muscle memory will be a burden on regretting big trees as regretting with ctrl+click will confirm the regret turning respec mode off

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

+1 to fire gems is easy to get for flame wall twinking . Then holy flame totem spreads it around

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The main question you should be asking yourself about leveling skills, if you want to zoom, is "can it proc Onslaught"? HFT and Flame Wall are safe and strong, but they are not fast

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Wuxi posted:

The main question you should be asking yourself about leveling skills, if you want to zoom, is "can it proc Onslaught"? HFT and Flame Wall are safe and strong, but they are not fast

theres an onslaught on kill anointment thats pretty cheap which i use on my leveling amulet

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
oh i guess you mean HFT specifically. well whatever. im just here to make post

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

Hamelekim posted:

I have kind of a big ask, but I need someone to sanity check my current POB to see if my damage is correct. I think my dps might be low, not sure, because I have level 28 vaal skeleton gem.

https://pastebin.com/vrgcXbDw

It looks like I'm doing about 2 million dps with my 13 skeletons and about double that with my vaal skeletons. I'm able to take down all the bosses comfortably in terms of dps, as long as I mark them with predator support and snipers mark. Well all but sirus, but that isn't because of dps. I've got two host chieftains and one carnage chieftain for specters.

This is the first league I have beat all of the guardians for both elder, shaper and sirus to A8. Got all the fragments and that includes being witnessed by maven. Currently have two of the uber elder fragments, and my goal is to do uber elder this league. I did get owned by the elder guardians maven fight, just too squishy at the moment, but my dps seems fine. took down two of the 4 and the others were at half health but I kept getting one-shot. Maybe my kill order was off.

I want to make sure that I'm doing things correctly in terms of my pob configuration.

I'm running the same build and feel pretty tanky usually, I do run bone offering over spirit for the block chance for most things, unless I'm just breezing through easy t16s maps and just want to go full speed. Your chaos resist is probs a bit part of the problem I imagine?
For your POB configuration, one thing you want to do is set "Is the enemy a Boss" to No, since Fleshcrafter will put their resists to 0 regardless. That should jump your DPS quite a bit to what it actually will be.

This is mine, for reference:
https://pastebin.com/gdrAqfm6

I'm in the process of either crafting or buying a +2 amulet, so no anoint cause lazy.
Also I personally prefer manually casting desecrate/offerings rather than using a trigger wand but I don't think it matters too much.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Squee posted:

I'm running the same build and feel pretty tanky usually, I do run bone offering over spirit for the block chance for most things, unless I'm just breezing through easy t16s maps and just want to go full speed. Your chaos resist is probs a bit part of the problem I imagine?
For your POB configuration, one thing you want to do is set "Is the enemy a Boss" to No, since Fleshcrafter will put their resists to 0 regardless. That should jump your DPS quite a bit to what it actually will be.

This is mine, for reference:
https://pastebin.com/gdrAqfm6

I'm in the process of either crafting or buying a +2 amulet, so no anoint cause lazy.
Also I personally prefer manually casting desecrate/offerings rather than using a trigger wand but I don't think it matters too much.

I got lucky and found a brothers stash which allowed me to buy two amulets and an awakener orb. Saved about .6 of an exalt doing the craft myself. Seems like crafting minion gear might be a good way to make money.

I actually went and made the changed that Zero VGS did in my POB and I'm more tanky now and have 2-3 million more dps, so I'm pretty happy with that. Can always switch back with a gear change, but now my skeleton gem is 31 instead of 28. I also have an extra 2000 armour. But yeah my chaos res is an issue. I really want it to be at least +25 if not +50 but I need to plan out what gear to buy/craft and get currency first for that. The Dex is a real issue, and if I had better eye jewels in my Darkness Enthroned I would have a little more flexibility in my gear changes. Good minion eye jewels are like 2ex+ though.

I did lose a level on my awakened minion gem when I corrupted it, so no +1 now, but with my empower and other +1 gem stats it's giving me +1 anyway. Pretty happy overall. I always like chaos damage but it seems like anything minion chaos damage related is expensive.

I'm going to look for Level 3-4 awakened gems in the future if I want to use a +2 chest for a build. Save so much money.

Edit: Looking at your POB, unchecking the boss does put the damage close to what I have now, but it honestly feels like more damage to me, maybe not a lot but enough that it's worth the change for now. Maybe it won't be as good against Sirus and such. Maybe it's the poison dps.

Hamelekim fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 25, 2021

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

im trying to teach pubbies that they dont have to join no loot partys in tower. the party leader needs them, they should demand a cut of the profits., it's exploitation, brutal and ruthless. but i keep getting kicked from partys when i bring all this up....

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lpzie posted:

im trying to teach pubbies that they dont have to join no loot partys in tower. the party leader needs them, they should demand a cut of the profits., it's exploitation, brutal and ruthless. but i keep getting kicked from partys when i bring all this up....

Lol. That kind of sounds genius

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Larry Parrish posted:

Lol. That kind of sounds genius

WTS AFKing in Tower entry room, 10c per map

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Jinnigan posted:

theres an onslaught on kill anointment thats pretty cheap which i use on my leveling amulet

this is goat for twink anoints, honestly better than the old diamond skin twink anoint

that said if you're going to be leveling fire/elemental/caster just do armageddon brand/cremation it's so, so fast whether geared or ungeared.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

another beautiful turkey day in the nightmare realm

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
I may have asked this before, but anybody else get game freezes that seem to be triggered by character dialog? Seems like every time somebody says a line that hasnt been played in a while, or any bit of triggered audio really, my game will choke on it for several seconds, sometimes even crashing out with an unexpected disconnect.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WTF BEES posted:

I may have asked this before, but anybody else get game freezes that seem to be triggered by character dialog? Seems like every time somebody says a line that hasnt been played in a while, or any bit of triggered audio really, my game will choke on it for several seconds, sometimes even crashing out with an unexpected disconnect.

The game likes to dynamically load which works fine until it doesn't. It's possible you have some easy fix like clearing your caches or w.e. but for me it just randomly comes and goes, so, you know. Don't play hardcore and sell valuable maps I guess.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I don't know if it'll help with that specific issue but I was having a terrible time with freezes the first time any kind of visual effect was used in a level until I found you can put "--waitforpreload" in the launch options in Steam and it'll stay on the loading screen until everything's ready instead of loading on the fly.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would trade the chromatic aberration shader for the option of not loading hydrosphere's PSX-level model whenever the hydrosphere is slightly far away from my character, it's such a weird LOD.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Suspicious posted:

Whatever you feel like.

I found I like Splitting Steel or Galvanic Arrow for leveling as dexterity, I like Fireball -> Summon Raging Spirits -> Arc as Int, and for strength I just use Ground Slam but I don't tend to play strength builds much.

Almost anything will work well. It's whatever feels good for you to use.

edit: ah gently caress I didn't see the new page where this was already answered.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
My weta pet brought me this

And immediately

Elentor posted:

I would trade the chromatic aberration shader for the option of not loading hydrosphere's PSX-level model whenever the hydrosphere is slightly far away from my character, it's such a weird LOD.

CHROMATIC ABBERATION

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I'm trying arma brand, it's ok clear but it only tickles Dominus

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Erulisse posted:

My weta pet brought me this

I got another pet :smith:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I got some hideout wall thing :(

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:cheers:

First time I max out the Atlas. Between previous leagues requiring HoG, Perandus, a Perandus that never actually dropped and you couldn't find on sale, and the bigger amount of maps needed, I never got around to having that achievement.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
According to Steam, I got that one during the last week of Abyss. I do not remember this at all, but I do remember this bullshit:

:argh:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lpzie posted:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lol

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Vulpes posted:

WTS AFKing in Tower entry room, 10c per map

I don't get why they don't spin up a bunch of accounts and walk them into the tower map portal. That's completely on the level. I don't thing you need to be near each other for the bonus quant, just in the same instance.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the deal with the Tower map

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
It's compact, linear, and drops Nurse cards.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Broken Cog posted:

Allegedly

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have experience playing minion builds at the higher end, this league? I might have one more build in me this league, and I'm casting around for ideas. I'm aware that 12-passive i84 large clusters are used these days to provide increased% because the passive tree sure can't, and I can afford the bases, but how do people go about rolling them? Is it just harvest reforge attack/speed until you hit something good?

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Suspicious posted:

I'm trying arma brand, it's ok clear but it only tickles Dominus

Also use Cremation. This setup will usually oneshot bosses till maps

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Fister Roboto posted:

what the gently caress

Seconded.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
gz to steel on dropping a squire and getting away with it.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Reiterpallasch posted:

Does anyone have experience playing minion builds at the higher end, this league? I might have one more build in me this league, and I'm casting around for ideas. I'm aware that 12-passive i84 large clusters are used these days to provide increased% because the passive tree sure can't, and I can afford the bases, but how do people go about rolling them? Is it just harvest reforge attack/speed until you hit something good?

I'm playing Mathils absolution build, wrecking poo poo so far, just got to maps so still leveling up prior to endgame stuff, but it has crazy dps, krip has a more defensive one that does less dps and is probably a bit cheaper.

But I've not seen a huge surge in prices for many of the build items, so I don't think a ton of peeps are playing it, even though it's pretty crazy. (At least when I checked like 2 days ago)

J
Jun 10, 2001

Broken Cog posted:

And the scourge density is really good, even without doing any fancy juicing strats towers can run up to 300 scourge stacks with a few packs to spare pretty regularly, and those packs at the end of the map end up dropping poo poo loads of loot.

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?

Reiterpallasch posted:

So I'm playing a minion build of my own design, beat Sirus and Shaper so far to give you an idea of what the build is capable of. I currently don't even use a minion large, just a medium with Life from Death and Bodyguards.

It's an all elemental, hybrid skeleton mage/srs/spectre zoo style affair with some defensive minions thrown in. Srs in the helm for that good psuedo 5-link from minion life on helm, 6-link mages in the chest, 4 link redemption sentries in gloves (good damage, but mostly for freeze and chill) and 2 golems, zombies, and Feeding Frenzy in boots as my defense bros.

I'll post the PoB when I get home if somebody wants to peek at it. I'm pretty proud since I built it without a guide based on the theme of "I want everything to be frozen, shocked, ignited, taunted, and blind at all times". Also I keep saying it but minion knockback is INSANE utility.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Zenithe posted:

Allegedly

Not allegedly, I went in one of those no-loot pubbie parties just to get a few quick levels for an alt, they dropped 1-2 nurse cards every single map for an hour because they were mega-juicing the T3 version of the map. I'd love to know what the exact steps are for that level of juice so I can park some accounts in there and do it myself.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm looking for a build that can handle the endgame aspirational stuff like blight-ravaged maps and simul 30, and I wanted to try doryani's prototype before scourged uniques went away. Can it be done in ~100 ex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
yes. wether you mean trade or not