Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I'm looking at the John Ramirez twitter account and it says "experiencer from childhood; taken & implanted" in the description. Is there some interview where he describes an abduction experience? I'm not aware of him discussing a personal experience anywhere.
https://twitter.com/JRam_11_11

watch dis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcPKD1dRzFg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

New 5th edition alien sourcebook just dropped:
https://dokumen.tips/education/blue-planet-pulsar-project.html
"Nordic feces are dry pellets with all moisture removed"

Fake as gently caress. The Nordic writing cribs from the "The Predator". I enjoyed reading it anyway. Someone had fun making it.
Thx

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

mawarannahr posted:

some guy was talking about the men who stare at goats, which isn’t the same as this thread

however, the concept of NDT brain coming from people who believe in garbage psychology studies from the 60s and think Daryl Bem “ruffled feathers” is laughable. there’s interesting stuff happening but some of you need to be a bit more discerning, because a complete unfamiliarity with the very basics is a recipe to get fooled by charlatans like Bem and people who sell videotapes in popular mechanics. this is one thing I do understand and can talk about. a charlatan among psychologists is extra special, because you need to be in that league to be a successful psychologist to begin with.

unsurprisingly it’s the anarchists who make a beeline to the trashiest scientists there are, because they love the smell of trash. distorted ideas about the government go hand in hand.

if you want to talk about stuff outside this thread, it be cool if some of you spent more time reading about Chinese people rather than grays — the one aggro guy Kramers into other threads to talk about how much he hates the Chinese. there’s a lot of overlap between mysticism and racist ideas, ultimately stemming from idealism (also the source of anarchism). these are separable from birdwatching.

definitely not mad

also definitely reads well

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Wheeee posted:

definitely not mad

also definitely reads well

I’m always mad at psychology. there is no science more captured by Capital than psychology and I’m mad at the pull it has over gullible people.

weird coincidence: it’s also really racist!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Wheeee posted:

Canadians like to project the stereotype of obsessive politeness but our true national identity is one of mindless and unearned smugness mixed with extreme small-c conservatism

That said I still instinctually apologize to people when they bump into me

The same with the brits

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
i don’t like Brit’s

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

endocriminologist posted:

i don’t like Brit’s

me neither

and I am one

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I am bird brained

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I love the smell of trash. That trash being ideology of course *sniff*

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I am bird brained

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

some guy was talking about the men who stare at goats, which isn’t the same as this thread

however, the concept of NDT brain coming from people who believe in garbage psychology studies from the 60s and think Daryl Bem “ruffled feathers” is laughable. there’s interesting stuff happening but some of you need to be a bit more discerning, because a complete unfamiliarity with the very basics is a recipe to get fooled by charlatans like Bem and people who sell videotapes in popular mechanics. this is one thing I do understand and can talk about. a charlatan among psychologists is extra special, because you need to be in that league to be a successful psychologist to begin with.

unsurprisingly it’s the anarchists who make a beeline to the trashiest scientists there are, because they love the smell of trash. distorted ideas about the government go hand in hand.

if you want to talk about stuff outside this thread, it be cool if some of you spent more time reading about Chinese people rather than grays — the one aggro guy Kramers into other threads to talk about how much he hates the Chinese. there’s a lot of overlap between mysticism and racist ideas, ultimately stemming from idealism (also the source of anarchism). these are separable from birdwatching.

do not call me a loving anarchist

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

https://twitter.com/LueElizondo/status/1463523942056935425?s=20

Looks like we've got ourselves an old fashioned power struggle here
unironically gonna write my pro disclosure senator regarding the lue agenda :911:

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 16:50 on Nov 25, 2021

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

also now that i look at your post history in this thread, mawarannahr, you're the person who burst into this thread and made the most condescending posts i've ever seen about how we're a bunch of burnout druggie losers that need a dose of reality. you compared avi loeb to daryl bem, which i didn't realize until now was supposed to be an insult (because i have no loving clue who daryl bem is). you are the poster who needs to separate the woo from the birdwatching in your own brain - i think almost everyone in this thread pretty firmly understands the difference between the two even if you are unable to recognize it.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

this thread is hilariously catty :allears:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

people trying to burst into the ufo thread to talk some sense into us is an op

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

:minnie:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

UFOs have been reported for decades, to government denial

The government has recently publicly admitted that they have detected objects at least passingly similar to previously reported objects, making available a small number of videos of the phenomena and apparently allowing some personnel to talk about it

The reason they would shift this policy is unclear, with possible reasons ranging from "it's real" to "it's obviously a ploy for more DoD money"

If it's a ploy, it seems odd because the military seems to get whatever money they want anyway

If it's real, what makes it not a secret now? Did Harry Reid win a high stakes poker game?

That's essentially my mantra.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

I am bird brained

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

comedy option: it's seemingly gaining momentum because of that ufo disclosure stipulation in the first covid relief bill

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Jazerus posted:

we're a bunch of burnout druggie losers that need a dose of reality.

where is the lie?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i am a bird brained druggie burnout looser

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Halp thread I have fallen down a Paul Weller rabbit hole thanks to the Guardian and I don't want to dig up https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/nov/25/paul-wellers-30-greatest-songs-ranked

OB UAP post: already got an autoreply from the office of one of my sens, :stoked:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i am a bird brained druggie burnout looser

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Inspector Hound posted:

UFOs have been reported for decades, to government denial

The government has recently publicly admitted that they have detected objects at least passingly similar to previously reported objects, making available a small number of videos of the phenomena and apparently allowing some personnel to talk about it

The reason they would shift this policy is unclear, with possible reasons ranging from "it's real" to "it's obviously a ploy for more DoD money"

If it's a ploy, it seems odd because the military seems to get whatever money they want anyway

If it's real, what makes it not a secret now? Did Harry Reid win a high stakes poker game?

That's essentially my mantra.

I think it's sorta like we're seeing the shadows on the cave wall from the completely opaque power factions behind the scenes that deal with this stuff. it's something happening way above the tier of mere elected officials. it's being done by people who know how to play the game and have probably been doing it for longer than any of us have been alive. regardless, I hope our dumbass congress can do something about it before gmen plop down fat folders of kompromat on whoever they need to turn

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 20:17 on Nov 25, 2021

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Marzzle posted:

this thread is hilariously catty :allears:

ufo culture has always been, its a proud tradition

listened to The Saucer Life eps about the 50s ufo zine scene recently and there's so much sniping between the different groups about how their publication rules and the others' sucks rear end, it's like lenin-tier print letter shitposting

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

argument apes be communicatin'. possibly why the ETs wanna study us

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The greys are definitely all "we were gonna give you antigravity and the cure for all your diseases but we don't really like the tone you took with us"

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

thousands of FOIA requests finally turn up the black project to develop emily post's ET(iquette) for interstellar contact

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Going to lol hard when birds make official first contact with China and ignore the US for being a grievously savage child culture that tries to doom our whole species/hoarding the crashed birdsaucers of their missing buddies

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Tighclops posted:

Going to lol hard when birds make official first contact with China and ignore the US for being a grievously savage child culture that tries to doom our whole species/hoarding the crashed birdsaucers of their missing buddies

the ccp would be a dream to work with compared to the fragmented and insane us political system

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
The Dart mission is being sent to kill a meteor monster, right?

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-59327293

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Jazerus posted:

do not call me a loving anarchist

just ignore it, his last few posts have betrayed that he’s sadly not trolling and is actually genuinely stupid

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Three Body Problem was soft disclosure

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

real druggie burnout losers have the gangtag :smugdog:

Shifty Nipples has issued a correction as of 02:41 on Nov 26, 2021

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Shifty Nipples posted:

real burnout druggie losers have the gangtag :smugdog:

That's unfair cause I'm out of room for gangtags

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm not even outwardly a druggie burnout loser
by most metrics I am reasonable successful I just hide all this poo poo deep down inside
until I've had a few beers and then I'm gonna tell you what the pentagon is up to

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Shifty Nipples posted:

real druggie burnout losers have the gangtag :smugdog:

I can't afford a gang tag cause I spent everything on weed.

Wheeee posted:

just ignore it, his last few posts have betrayed that he’s sadly not trolling and is actually genuinely stupid

It's a testament to the quality of trolls on this forum that it's even possible to mistake a regular moron for one.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
can any of you remote viewing folks please say hi to the life forms in europa's oceans

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Tighclops posted:

can any of you remote viewing folks please say hi to the life forms in europa's oceans

I'll take a peek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

WaPo put up an article on the new Pentagon office. Read the comments to see some folks doing battle with NDT brains
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2021/11/24/ufos-pentagon/