Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Oh boy, I wonder what they're gonna find?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Permalink for the page, for backreaders.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 28, 2021

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-19-page-2?s=09
Chapter title up.
Anemone is included on the cover so she may have more of a role this time than exposition mahou

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

hell yeah more anemone

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

As a minor point of interest, the title page for chapter 12 got changed in the interest of theming (so like Kokoro chapters have heart-themed names, Tessa chapters have light-themed ones).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Twibbit posted:

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-19-page-2?s=09
Chapter title up.
Anemone is included on the cover so she may have more of a role this time than exposition mahou
An interesting little detail is that our girl Undine is actually bridging over and reaching across what would otherwise be a line suggesting a divide or separation between them.

Y'all got no idea how hype I would be if Undine basically no-sold an attempt to drive her and Kokoro apart, because she's just not the kind of person who loses faith in someone she loves.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Tenebrais posted:

As a minor point of interest, the title page for chapter 12 got changed in the interest of theming (so like Kokoro chapters have heart-themed names, Tessa chapters have light-themed ones).

After all that time the discord spent learning what 'Lagann' meant it changed on us???

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

New page

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

lol I got the reference, I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-qkNEampEA

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

It's interesting that in a comic about magical girls fighting monsters, the fighting monsters part is so often besides the point compared to the conversations the girls are having WHILE fighting the monsters!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Most of the monsters just aren't a legitimate threat. Like HP is just throwing a punch straight into a wall of teeth and its fine.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Even the monster that killed Cassidy was only a threat because of Goops

It's generally only the bigger monsters (mouthburger, the elevator monster, the big toothy monster that attacked rue) that seem to be real threats (to the girls at least obviously normal folks even small fry are dangerous), the others are more "death by a thousand cuts" type deals. The nights, instory a few nights ago for example, where everyone was getting injured was more because of more monsters which are going to wear you down and gives more chance to take hits rather than tougher monsters

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

An Immortal Dog reference, absolute legend.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

https://imgur.com/f8kr4D5

About 3 years ago Leaf Mautrec made a fake soda can label for a soda licensing Outrageous Lime. Some reason Today I decided to actually try making a simple can and render a turntable of it.

Obviously my part of this is rather small and was just a way to relax and pass the time.
Blender cycles x, HDRI from HDRI Haven, wood is Bamboo semigloss from FreePBR. I still need to make the actual can top if I ever decide I want to actually use it as a prop.
https://leafmautrec.tumblr.com/

Set up the label part as it's own Material so I can have the faces fill the whole fake label UV rather than have to worry about the top or bottom of the can as that can be done without a UV.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
It's really neat, but I think the swing in the original art looks a bit off. You'd be lucky to flare that shot into opposite field with that swing. Ofc, Lime isn't a baseball player, so no reason to think she'd have a swing like Ken Griffey Jr.... but she probably wants to get some more extension on it to really hammer the ball.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

I am not sure the city even has a baseball diamond

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Cagle is from Texas, they absolutely have a baseball diamond.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

It’s just a field that a sports-themed MG comes by and changes to whatever sort of setup they need for the next game on the schedule.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

New page!

Just a friendly person being nice

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"Um excuse me, what the gently caress?"

(The scorpion monster, probably)

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

She got her first pokemon

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

What could possibly go wrong? I'm sure this is FINE.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

She’s either about to ruthlessly murder it, or we’re about to cut to her releasing an entire swarm.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This is fine. She's negotiating a truce.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wonder who’s driving the conversation. is it mainly goops controlling Tess or is some of Tess still there navigating. The monster being apprehensive to her means she’s not all one or the other

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I think this is mostly Tessa. Goops was happy to send tons of monsters blindly to their deaths; I doubt she cared about them the way Tessa is here.

"Everything must be very confusing for you" feels like some projection to me too.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

New page.

:magical:

Mikl posted:

"Um excuse me, what the gently caress?"

(The scorpion monster, probably)

This was very prescient

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tasty.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

I think this is mostly Tessa. Goops was happy to send tons of monsters blindly to their deaths; I doubt she cared about them the way Tessa is here.

"Everything must be very confusing for you" feels like some projection to me too.

Pretty sure the way this is gonna play out is Goops not realising she isn't in control until it's clear Tessa's going further than she wants. Like I just reckon that it's gonna turn out Goops wasn't the devil in this deal. Probably a ways off though.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

rannum posted:

She got her first pokemon

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

A Sometimes Food posted:

Pretty sure the way this is gonna play out is Goops not realising she isn't in control until it's clear Tessa's going further than she wants. Like I just reckon that it's gonna turn out Goops wasn't the devil in this deal. Probably a ways off though.

Oh yeah, she’s got waaaaay more than she bargained for lol

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Goops very much was the devil. Just the robot devil in the episode where he has to give his hands to Fry and needs to set up an elaborate scheme to get them back.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I... I don't know what this means.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ragnar34 posted:

I... I don't know what this means.

It means things are just fine. Everything is fine.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Why are we deciding the traumatized and manipulated teenage girl is the real evil one now I’m very confused.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Bussamove posted:

Why are we deciding the traumatized and manipulated teenage girl is the real evil one now I’m very confused.

Folks aren't saying that Tessa is evil but rather that Goops is probably not going to be the one in control of the situation. Goops is pretty immature and overconfident but she is absolutely no where near equipped to deal with Tessa's baggage and that's probably going to cause things to spiral out of control at some point. Especially since their mental state effects one another and they share thoughts and feelings to some extent.

So it's more a comment on Goops taking on more than she can handle with the "partnership" than saying Tessa is like a super villain or something.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

My impression is that we're just getting our first in-person look at how Goops makes the much-scarier-and-more-focused monsters happen, because Tessa brought the Viewpoint Character status along with her. It's like, she somehow absorbed that monster as more goop, and is probably going to use it (plus some others?) to make something else.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

JuniperCake posted:

Folks aren't saying that Tessa is evil but rather that Goops is probably not going to be the one in control of the situation. Goops is pretty immature and overconfident but she is absolutely no where near equipped to deal with Tessa's baggage and that's probably going to cause things to spiral out of control at some point. Especially since their mental state effects one another and they share thoughts and feelings to some extent.

So it's more a comment on Goops taking on more than she can handle with the "partnership" than saying Tessa is like a super villain or something.

I just don't see where anything in the comic has implied that Goops is getting more than she bargained for here. It seems like she knew exactly what baggage Tessa had, and chose her for those reasons.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I think it's a fair guess. Goops isn't actually very good at manipulation. Everything she's done to Undine has only driven her to be a more dedicated opponent. She failed to scare Kokoro off from helping, but only gave her a personal reason to get involved. She tried to seduce Tessa with power, and the only reason Tessa came to her is because she easily figured out Goops was lying but was wrong about what she really wanted.

It would be entirely fitting for what schemes she has to not only get away from her but prove to have never been in her control to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It would also be extremely on-theme if Goops was just as much of a fallible and honestly petulant teenager as the rest of the magical girls, just one with much more power behind her bad decisions.