Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hell yeah, found a DVD of Supernova, still factory sealed! at Half Price Books for 2 dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If you can’t stand the heat. Get out of the universe

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I was at Best Buy and they had 5 out of the 6 Lucas Star Wars 4Ks so I bought those and ordered Attack of the Clones off Amazon because Best Buy was completely sold out online for that. Its been a few years since I've watched any of them so I'm hyped to see them in a more shiny form.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Thank god we don’t care about the quality of things we purchase in here

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
If I didn't care about quality I would have gotten Disney Star Wars.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I’m going to wait for the various 4K77 projects to wrap up and marathon them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m going to try and pick up Prometheus, Covenant, and TLJ tomorrow bc I love them and care about them

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Do any of you know of some cheap noise cancelling headphones for watching tv? I don't want anything fancy just something so I can watch a thing and not have to hear outside sounds or at least keeps them to a minimum. Basically my price range is "cheapest possible option as long as it's not going to break after I use it three times.".

dorium posted:

Thank god we don’t care about the quality of things we purchase in here

This thread lives up to the title on a daily basis.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CPL593H posted:

Do any of you know of some cheap noise cancelling headphones for watching tv? I don't want anything fancy just something so I can watch a thing and not have to hear outside sounds or at least keeps them to a minimum. Basically my price range is "cheapest possible option as long as it's not going to break after I use it three times.".
I have these. They're pretty good and only like $50. They're Bluetooth headphones but they also have a 3.5mm jack. I got them over a year and a half ago and they're still working for me.

They're the older model with micro-USB, though. You might want to get one of the newer models with USB-C.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

CPL593H posted:

Stick with wired if you want something that will last. Unless you’re dealing with an exceptionally noisy environment then I’m not sure you really need noise cancellation; a decent set of closed over-ear headphones already block a lot of sound. A good option to look into are the Sony MDR-V7506.

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006
Every year, film distributor NEON would send critics a customized DVD package of all their released titles for the year. It looks like they're testing out a similar thing for the public with a Year Five boxed set on blu-ray

Titles are:

Ailey
All Light Everywhere
Flee
In the Earth
Pig
Spencer
Titane
The Year of the Everlasting Storm

https://www.shopneonrated.com

I'm interested to see if this ends up being successful enough for them to release prior years as blu-ray sets.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aww, just Blu-Rays? I wanted to see the car loving of Titane in glorious 4K

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
is anyone hitting up the Severin/vinegar syndrome BF sale tonight? i’m getting hoeny already

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Punishing my wallet with the VinSyn subscription and some Champagne and Bullets.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

E.G.G.S. posted:

Punishing my wallet with the VinSyn subscription and some Champagne and Bullets.

that rocks, you’re gonna have a great 2022. i’m already pumped for shriek of the mutilated next year

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

PinkoBastard posted:

is anyone hitting up the Severin/vinegar syndrome BF sale tonight? i’m getting hoeny already

It's going to be funny when Severin's site is down for like three days because they tried to have a sale again.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

CPL593H posted:

It's going to be funny when Severin's site is down for like three days because they tried to have a sale again.

iirc it was fine last year so im holding out hope. grabbing the black candles bundle for sure.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1464097448515751967

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!
lol that Severin's site ain't workin

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

oh my god loving severin your website is made of balsa wood and duct tape

get your poo poo together

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I was wrong re: severin lol. Gimme my black candles boys.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

lol that Severin's site ain't workin

Isn’t this pretty much a tradition at this point?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!

edogawa rando posted:

Isn’t this pretty much a tradition at this point?

wouldn't be a severin sale without it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Lol
I bought that VinSyn new releases display

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

wouldn't be a severin sale without it

You can almost set your clock to it.

"Sales are on."

*minutes later*

"Severin site's down."

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

VinSyn: Sorority Slaughter, Psycho Sisters, Satanic Horror Nite, Homegrown Horrors Vol. 1, and Blood-A-Rama Triple Frightmare
Severin: Blood on Satan's Claw, which I'm glad I didn't pay $75 for on eBay earlier this year

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
No issue with vinegar syndrome, as usual

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

This Is the Zodiac posted:

VinSyn: Sorority Slaughter, Psycho Sisters, Satanic Horror Nite, Homegrown Horrors Vol. 1, and Blood-A-Rama Triple Frightmare
Severin: Blood on Satan's Claw, which I'm glad I didn't pay $75 for on eBay earlier this year

I somehow managed to grab one of the Blood on Satan’s Claw last year, it’s a great release!

I got She Mob, Satanic Horror Nite and blood-o-Rama triple feature from vinsyn, as well as flesh for Frankenstein

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Does anyone know of any sites doing sales that would have the Tom Baker Dr. Who blu-rays?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I saw VS were releasing Dead Heat in UHD and subbed again.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

Dead Heat loving rules and all of you should watch it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here’s the current 2022 slate. Lots of neat titles on the docket. Lots of UHD titles, looks to be nearly double of last years total.

Vinegar Syndrome posted:

January 2022:
4 releases totaling $225.92 (MSRP)
Including: DEAD HEAT (UHD/BD combo), CURFEW, MASTER OF THE WORLD and a Forgotten Gialli box set (featuring ARABELLA BLACK ANGEL and two more perverse treasures)

February 2022:
3 releases $130.94 (MSRP)
Including: HARD ROCK ZOMBIES, a supernatural horror/thriller, and a beloved piece of Universal Pictures financed weirdness

March 2022:
3 releases totaling $135.94 (MSRP)
Including: A UHD double feature and two more BDs

April 2022:
3 releases totaling $135.94 (MSRP)
Including: The UHD premier of an action packed, 80s exploitation classic and two more horror BDs

May 2022:
5 releases totaling $230.90 (MSRP)
Including: the worldwide UHD/Blu-ray debut of THRILLER: A CRUEL PICTURE, plus 1 other UHD, a BD double feature that we’ve been working on for years, and two other gems.
(includes two Halfway to Black Friday surprise titles)

June 2022:
No releases planned

July 2022:
3 releases totaling $128.94 (MSRP)
Including: 3 horror and exploitation BDs

August 2022:
4 releases totaling $178.92 (MSRP)
Including: A UHD debut of a 70s horror classic, SHIREK OF THE MUTILATED, and a duo of 80s sci-fi and action BDs

September 2022:
4 releases totaling $225.92 (MSRP)
Including: A UHD debut of a massive 70s horror hit, a Forgotten Gialli box set, and two more horror BDs

October 2022:
4 releases totaling $232.92 (MSRP)
Including: Home Grown Horrors Vol2 box set (featuring MOONSTALKER + two other gems), two UHD debuts of a duo of 80s creature horror classics, plus one more never-on-Blu horror film

November 2022:
5 releases totaling $235.90 (MSRP)
Including: Three horror (and horror adjacent) UHDs, including some never-on-disc titles + two additional Blus.
(includes two Black Friday surprise titles)

December 2022:
No releases planned

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Liar Lyre posted:

Omg what

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Severin's site seems to be functioning now, but does their store really not have a search function? And why do I have to click on each item to see the price?

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Just subbed again for 2022

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Of course I just picked up the old Blu for Dead Heat a few weeks ago. "This is never going to get an upgrade", I said to myself. It's still a "great" movie. The practical F/X are going to look really neat on UHD. Also bought License to Drive, so when that gets a reasonably priced reissue, you can all thank me.

Severin's site is garbage. I'm just going to wait until Diabolik gets the three titles I want in stock instead (Don't Go in the House, The Bloody Pit of Horror and Night of the Demon).

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
I bought my first ever vinegar syndrome! New York ninja. Excited to see how it is

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

aperfectcirclefan posted:

I bought my first ever vinegar syndrome! New York ninja. Excited to see how it is

One of us! One of us! One of us!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Christmas season coming up and you didn't get Dial Code Santa Claus or Christmas Evil?

I already had those classics, so I bought some other classics, Beastmaster and Body Melt, the latter of which I've seen already and the former I've never watched despite owning it on VHS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

If the first Vinegar Syndrome release you get isn't Tammy and the T-Rex then you're a bad person who should feel bad.