Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Greg Legg posted:

I'm actually freaking out because 18 months ago no one reacted this quick. I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

I just stocked up on masks and supplies this morning.

I definetely ordered a fresh supply of masks last night and stocked up on consumables like toothpaste and paper products this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

covid zero is the only rational policy

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

durrneez posted:

drat

what a terrible time to be without health insurance hospitals lol!!! :tif:

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

durrneez posted:

drat

what a terrible time to be without health insurance lol!!! :tif:

Good news: in the future, you won't need health insurance since there won't be any healthcare to buy.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lmfao

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

meet girls at the store posted:

Like do I need to leave the ICU waiting room to go buy beans or what? Is this March 2020 again?

No one can give you a flat “no” on that, and that says it all.

We have every reason to believe that this variant is highly infectious. It will evade “natural” and vaccine-mediated immunity more than anything we have seen before. It is likely to be deadlier than Delta (which is in turn deadlier than Alpha, which is in turn deadlier than the ancestral strain).

How will the world react to that? Who knows!

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

inferis posted:

not without letting one more squeak in under the wire

This went from gate C 121 on arrival to Gate BHOLD on arrival.

BHOLD sounds like it could be code for "not so fast, sparky"

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

:hmbol:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

crack

*ping*

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

useless country produces useless policies, jfc.

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo
Not sure if this is Trump and the cruise ship or the covid thread and mink/beta lmao, love covid limbo days

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

oh, alright, carry on then

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Give it the weekend, what's the worst that could happen

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
I've crack pinged so hard I'm literally smiling reading this thread like the guy driving the car in the asteroid meme gently caress lmao

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Jesus Christ

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

the dumbest timeline

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

what if this actually does cause people to freak out and stop suckin and fuckin so we get less of a wave than last year

lol

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7029807544944069894

This song blaring at 80 decibels in my head as I careen down empty supermarket aisles chugging bathtub vodka through the straw on my gasmask and buying the farmers almanac because it's cheaper than toilet paper.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Crazypoops posted:

I have a crazy idea, maybe we should do something

Yes, something like OPEN BIDEN

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Zisky posted:

So Omicron is in Israel huh.

Should be a pretty good canary in the coal mine.

they've been rising in cases for about two weeks now. the booster effect bottomed out

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

corona familiar posted:

what if this actually does cause people to freak out and stop suckin and fuckin so we get less of a wave than last year

lol

normies are still quoting fauci and following his advice

poo poo is not happening

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Crazypoops posted:

I have a crazy idea, maybe we should do something

like brunch or..?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

:d2a:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

NeonPunk posted:

What's gonna happen to that plane that is literally in midair going from SA to Newark?

"terrorism"
(lol nothing is going to happen)

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

IAMKOREA posted:

I've crack pinged so hard I'm literally smiling reading this thread like the guy driving the car in the asteroid meme gently caress lmao

Please show me your Zen ways. I'm feeling extremely depressed and wondering if I shouldn't bother signing up for next semester's classes.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Dustcat posted:

it could also be just the difference between the trump and biden admins

Then why didn't Biden freak out this hard back in April when India was popping off

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

Lacrosse posted:

Then why didn't Biden freak out this hard back in April when India was popping off

How is Biden freaking out rn

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

CaptainViolence posted:

you are in the back seat of a car flying down a darkened rural highway at night. the driver is arguing with the person in the passenger's seat about whether a number should go up or if it should go up instead. in the headlights, a large animal of some sort steps onto the road. "slow down," you say, but the driver keeps their foot on the gas. "we don't know what it is yet," they reply, foot lowering to the floor. "you say it's a moose, but it could be a deer, or even a raccoon." the passenger denies that an animal exists at all, and the driver calls you a doomer before ignoring your further pleas in favor of further bickering with the passenger. the car's engine shrieks as the tachometer redlines and the wooly mammoth grows ever larger in the windshield. "lol," you think. "lmao."

if this experience gives you deja vu, turn to page March 2020.
if you pull out your phone and start posting in cspam, turn to page 42069.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

meet girls at the store posted:

Like do I need to leave the ICU waiting room to go buy beans or what? Is this March 2020 again?

Take care of your people and yourself, hoard lentils later.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

lmao the fact we went from Fauci saying "look it's fine, we'll wait for the data and make the right call" to immediate "US banning travel with SA and other countries" in the span of an hour should tell you all you need to know about the potential severity of this thing

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazypoops posted:

Give it the weekend, what's the worst that could happen

Letting Americans come home from their holiday in South Africa without quarantine because they don't want to pay for evacuations

It's the loving cruise ships all over again

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

feeling better and better about the giant box of N95s sitting in my living room

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
very long standing precedent in US law that citizens can't be restricted from entering the US

(unless they're terrorists by which we really just mean muslims of course)

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

mod sassinator posted:

lmao the fact we went from Fauci saying "look it's fine, we'll wait for the data and make the right call" to immediate "US banning travel with SA and other countries" in the span of an hour should tell you all you need to know about the potential severity of this thing

horse is getting out, better shut the barn doors…. on Monday

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Gio posted:

just a reminder that d&d was two days ago explaining away this variant as a likely nothingburger

don't read d&d and stop dragging things from there here like we're supposed to be impressed, idiot

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Our system of government is worthless

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

maybe I should get another one before they sell out

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Wang Commander posted:

How is Biden freaking out rn

This is the most the US government has done since March 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Just lollin' and lmaoin' at the fact that the government is likely going to do nothing beyond going from "please wear masks and get vaccinated" to "pretty please wear masks and get vaccinated" while liberals blame chuds and chuds ignore it