Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cancelled for liking to suck and gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

This new Blue Chew ad is wild

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

An UpUpDownDown question/thought: (it counts as wrestling social media yeah?)

Given Xavier Woods' friends have stopped appearing on it because they want him to get paid for his work/effort. And also given that WWE owns the channel, and the rights to it's name etc.

I am surprised that they haven't just got someone else to do a vaguely video games thing to camera and put that out as UpUpDownDown. Both as a way to show Woods that he is expendable/replacable, and also to keep the UUDD merch money train a rolling.

But I was also thinking, who would they use to do this? Woods is so well liked backstage, and widely so amongst the different tiers/cliques of wrestlers, who would they find that was popular/famous enough to be worth it, (but not too big, main eventers need to look tough and not like nerds), but also not on the "my boy Woods needs to get paid" train?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Maybe AJ as he has been on UUDD, does like games and he seems to lick the boot enough to be able to do this. He’s not really a main eventer now so starting this would not hurt any credibility. The only reasons why he may not is his temper when gaming and his friendship with Woods.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
As dumb as I think it is streaming and holding an audience is a skill, and that audience has a relationship with Woods and the usual cast of characters. I’d love to see WWE plug in one of their pet influencers under the brand name, it would poo poo the bed immediately

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I can't imagine anyone in charge over there giving a single poo poo about UUDD even if it's wildly popular and pushing merch. Putting on counter programming to spite Woods requires effort and funding so they'll probably just continue to do nothing while the channel rots away.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

collocation posted:

I think, barring contrary actions, it's more that assuming that change must have transpired is speculative.

In Gunn's case, I consider the thoughtfulness of his apology to be an action contrary to his prior words, and thus I give him the benefit of the doubt. When Rhia apologized decently, didn't cry about people mad at her, and then later donated money to related causes, it gave the impression that she had learned something, and so I gave her the same.

When Lars posted about triggering people on Twitter, I knew that he had not changed. So, I didn't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Most of the time, since many people don't bother to address the past, and many who do seem more mad at other people noticing than their own actions, their current position is often, at best, unknowable, at least to someone who doesn't know them.

Basically, everyone can progress, but assuming that people have progressed, when there's no evidence of it, is basically fan fiction.

Sterling insight from the creators of one of the worst threads in the history of this fourm.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

I am surprised that they haven't just got someone else to do a vaguely video games thing to camera and put that out as UpUpDownDown. Both as a way to show Woods that he is expendable/replacable, and also to keep the UUDD merch money train a rolling.

I'm more surprised they haven't just said, "Hey Woods, you're staying around after Smackdown this week and recording a new UUDD episode," given that they seem to do whatever else they want with their contracts.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Austin Gunn said lovely racist stuff, and the stuff you say and do as a 17 year old still matters and is still you, and he acknowledged that and said all the right words in his apology and its up to you whether you believe him or forgive him and different people with different life experiences will have different feelings on that.

I'm not sure why someone actually owning their poo poo and apologizing always brings out the "everyone used racist slurs back then, it doesn't count" crowd. Like... Gunn didn't ask for that. He said he was sorry.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

didn’t see that crowd

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Austin Gunn said lovely racist stuff, and the stuff you say and do as a 17 year old still matters and is still you, and he acknowledged that and said all the right words in his apology and its up to you whether you believe him or forgive him and different people with different life experiences will have different feelings on that.

I'm not sure why someone actually owning their poo poo and apologizing always brings out the "everyone used racist slurs back then, it doesn't count" crowd. Like... Gunn didn't ask for that. He said he was sorry.
It's not the second line, it's the bolded bit that people take issue with because almost everyone has something they said, did or wrote at that age that they're ashamed of, embarrassed by or regret and it's at least a little weird that we hold adults accountable for poo poo they did as kids as if they did it yesterday. And philosophically, it's arguable if you're even the same person today that you were yesterday, let alone after a decade.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gaz-L posted:

It's not the second line, it's the bolded bit that people take issue with because almost everyone has something they said, did or wrote at that age that they're ashamed of, embarrassed by or regret and it's at least a little weird that we hold adults accountable for poo poo they did as kids as if they did it yesterday. And philosophically, it's arguable if you're even the same person today that you were yesterday, let alone after a decade.

But like taking accountability IS acknowledging that it was you. And yeah, we change and grow. God willing. But like... you still did it. And 17 year olds are old enough to bully and harass, increase racial strife, or even end up killing some people because of their hosed up stuff. So "that's not the person I am" just kind of becomes an excuse. And there shouldn't be an excuse. Gunn didn't make one. He took responsibility, apologized, and said he's trying to be better. And that's all we really can do. You're supposed to be embarrassed and ashamed of the bad stuff you did or said. Not just because its embarrassing, shameful poo poo and feeling that's how you grow and become better but because we should be telling other people that its not cool to do bad stuff just because you're young and dumb.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/hulkhogan/status/814652033349382144?s=21

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

As true today as it was five years ago

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Free Austin

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1464343582689669130?s=20

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

accurate and timely

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
My reaction when I contemplate a child's racist tweet on the something awful forums

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/hulkhogan/status/1406094463173267463?s=21

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

This sounds like a sex thing. Is it a sex thing?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

he wants to race, like his son did when he gave somebody brain damage

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

But like taking accountability IS acknowledging that it was you. And yeah, we change and grow. God willing. But like... you still did it. And 17 year olds are old enough to bully and harass, increase racial strife, or even end up killing some people because of their hosed up stuff. So "that's not the person I am" just kind of becomes an excuse. And there shouldn't be an excuse. Gunn didn't make one. He took responsibility, apologized, and said he's trying to be better. And that's all we really can do. You're supposed to be embarrassed and ashamed of the bad stuff you did or said. Not just because its embarrassing, shameful poo poo and feeling that's how you grow and become better but because we should be telling other people that its not cool to do bad stuff just because you're young and dumb.

I wrote a whole thing, but to cut it short, I don't necessarily disagree with that last part, but I feel like it's also important to make it clear that making mistakes and learning is part of life, and the point of these 'gotcha' bad faith call outs is usually counter to that.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Fsmhunk posted:

Sterling insight from the creators of one of the worst threads in the history of this fourm.

better last than 100th

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

When did Switchblade Jay White's hair start greying? :aaa:

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

But what about Diablo Jr - The Best Today?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Renaissance Spam posted:

But what about Diablo Jr - The Best Today?

hopefully taking care of his 7 kids.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/phosphor_glow/status/1464460014391803910

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1464624319154167813?s=20

seems like she's hinting that she'll resign

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it;s an egg timer, she's hinting about vince's egg. maybe watch the product before making spurious assertions>?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think she's counting down the hours til she gets to re-sign.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The top hourglass is mostly full. I read that as, we’re just getting started

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

DONT GIVE ME HOPE

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

vince has given kairi 24 hours to find a new tv deal in japan or :rip:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

That DICK! posted:

The top hourglass is mostly full. I read that as, we’re just getting started

Maybe she's using the LG emojis

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/machobeard4life/status/1464373405894029315?s=21

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

She's quitting WWE?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

She's quitting WWE?

She ate the poisonous Fugu fish and has 24 hours to live

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

She ate the poisonous Fugu fish and has 24 hours to live

Doctor: You'll be okay, so long as nobody recklessly assaults you in the next 30 seconds you'll be fine
Charlotte's face is pressed up against the window, fingers curled into a claw as she tries to scratch through the glass. The Doctor's office is on the 37th floor.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

She's quitting WWE?

If you translate it from the original Japanese, she's clearly saying "I acquit."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Doctor: You'll be okay, so long as nobody recklessly assaults you in the next 30 seconds you'll be fine
Charlotte's face is pressed up against the window, fingers curled into a claw as she tries to scratch through the glass. The Doctor's office is on the 37th floor.

Nia looms ominously outside the doctors door