Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Beef ala Lindström. Ground beef patties with red beets and capers, and other stuff.

With some potatoes au gratin (not pictures)

This weekend we roasted cauliflower in the oven with olive oil, spices and parmesan. It was hella good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm going to be making an herb and garlic marinated chicken breast and I took some frozen brussels sprouts and cut them in half and had them sitting in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and dusseldorf mustard. I hope it turns out.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Bean curd dish

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Sirloin tips, rice pilaf and sautéed spinach for sides.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

i was feeling really blown up and exhausted today

thankfully it was pretty easy to make a cheater chicken cacciatore with leftover bolognese cut with chicken stock. served it over polenta. good poo poo

i never actually made polenta before tonight and man i can see what all the fuss is about, i gotta make it more often

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Thanksgiving dinner, parmesean crusted chicken, spaghetti with vodka red sauce, garlic bread and Malbec from Argentina.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I didn’t think to take a picture of everything on the serving platters, but this year’s Thanksgiving meal was baked ham with a pomegranate reduction glaze, honeynut squash, Brussels sprouts sautéed with bacon, and potatoes au gratin.

I’m quite pleasantly full now.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Leftovers

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had Thanksgiving dinner for lunch at my parent's house at 2pm. So tonight I'll have another one of those prepackaged throw-in-the-oven meals from Festival. Pork tenderloin with baby potatoes and asparagus.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Leftovers!

Turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Chili with beans motherfuckers

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Spaghetti with meatballs :discourse:

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Vegetable beef soup.

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
Made a nice Mac & cheese for Thanksgiving and have a bunch left. Ate some of that and a bag of steamed veg. Parcelled out the rest in Tupperwares and froze rhem.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I made chili again and it was even better than last time! I know how to make it consistently! YAY!!!!

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Gatts posted:

I made chili again and it was even better than last time! I know how to make it consistently! YAY!!!!

Chili and beer is what I had the last two nights and it was delicious. Good call

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Gonna have the rest of my parent's thanksgiving leftovers including dried out turkey and unseasoned mashed potatoes.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, Mac & cheese, 140000 yeast rolls, no cranberry sauce because forgot to refrigerate it when I bought it last year and don't wanna eat it like warm.

just what I was in the mood for, no special occasion or anything

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Gatts posted:

How’s that Ommegang? I haven’t tried it yet.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

How’s that Ommegang? I haven’t tried it yet.

It's really good. I liked it a lot. I don't have a great palette to tell you all the nuances of flavor but I do recommend it. I will be buying it again. If I had to give it a score I'd give it a 8/10.

For reference I like belgians

OEC Coolship Lager is a 9/10
Great Lakes Dortmunder is a 8.5/10
Rocherfort 8/10 and Abt 12 is 9.5/10
La Fin Du Monde is 9/10
Troeg's Nimble Giant IPA is 9.5/10
Fatheads Headhunter IPA is 8.5/10

Gatts fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 29, 2021

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

First a spiraled ham, mashed potatoes, and brown gravy. Then a lasagna with left over ham. For next week I got ham and lasagna frozen for lunch.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Chana Masala. I've been trying to make it more like the almost sauceless green stuff I get from the local market but I just can't figure it out. I have been able to improve on the version I found on the web but it is very saucey and tomatoey

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Homemade chile rellenos don’t think they’re worth it tbh

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Derpies posted:

Homemade chile rellenos don’t think they’re worth it tbh

chile rellenos rule so yall hosed em up somehow

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

chile rellenos rule so yall hosed em up somehow

They were good but I think I didn’t have big enough peppers they are kind of runts that I had and the stuffing process is kind of annoying. Would much rather have someone else make them.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Derpies posted:

They were good but I think I didn’t have big enough peppers they are kind of runts that I had and the stuffing process is kind of annoying. Would much rather have someone else make them.

the need to have the whole chile is bullshit. chop off the stem and tip and let em soak. cut open. roll the chile around some cheese. egg batter. fry. win.

youre welcome

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I lathered tahini and zaatar on some salmon and roasted it. Saw Yotam ottolenghi make it on some youtube clip and it looked great. Ate it with some leftover asparagus. I'm adding way more tahini next time because it's delicious when baked.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I picked up a huge piece of lasagna from the local Italian deli. About to eat it right now. :discourse:

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008

Croque Madame last night

Tonight will be Costco chicken and a salad

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
An entire Roma frozen pizza. It's really thin and was maybe $3. It was 930 calories and I still stayed under my 1,600 calorie goal. :)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
A stir fry noodle cup, the last of the thanksgiving leftovers, and now the last of the dinner rolls, stuffed full of salami and sharp ched as a late night snackeroonie :q:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I made this recipe from the grocery store’s app that turned out really good. Fusilli pasta tossed with crumbled Italian sausage, wilted baby spinach, and a sauce made from puréed butternut squash.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just started preheating the grill for a marinated top sirloin. Also going to make some Kirkland normandy blend veggies in the air fryer. I tossed them in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, dusseldorf mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. We'll see how they turn out.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Chicken and waffles

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The steak is slightly overcooked and the vegetables are way too strong. Too much vinegar.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
“Tuscan chicken” pizza. Chicken, fresh mozz, garlic, olive oil, thin sliced tomatoes, basil on brick oven thin crust :discourse:

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Crispy skin salmon, now that I’ve finally been able to get my pan-frying technique just right.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Yellow pea soup

The pee soup jokes write themselves.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The steak is slightly overcooked and the vegetables are way too strong. Too much vinegar.

Reading that veg mix ingredients looks like it was intended to punch you in the side of the skull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Bargearse posted:

Crispy skin salmon, now that I’ve finally been able to get my pan-frying technique just right.

Salmon is my favourite entree ever.

The best recipe I found was to sear it then flip it and finish in the oven.