Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

smellmycheese posted:

Imagine being so dumb to not know that Tolkien’s estate guard his property like loving Smaug

Having seen all three hobbit movies, the estate is doing a poo poo job of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

Having seen all three hobbit movies, the estate is doing a poo poo job of it.

Actually Tolkien sold the movie rights himself. His son was mad about the movie adaptations and said he'd never sell the rights over the Silmarillion for as long as he lived.

Incidentally he died recently and just a few months later Amazon posted some teaser images of their new Middle Earth show, showing Valinor. Oops.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Soviet lord of the rings is the superior adaptation

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Salt Fish posted:

lol no it isn't

I mean its pretty loving dumb, but spending $150,000 on an NFT compared to writing 150 tweets is still $1000 per tweet.

lol maybe if you stepped up your game they'd pay you the primo tweet rate

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

salt shakeup posted:

I'll gladly take the bitcoins off your hand. They're gonna be worth $100,000 each by the end of the year.

You and everyone like you will still be selfish assholes who are actively doing harm for something that’s killer app is ransomware and money laundering for the wealthy.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I'm a crypto billionare, that's why I spend all day trying to scam people on twitter

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
i don't need investment tips from some guy by the name of Yohnathan Zurtnurt who so happened to decide that funneling all of their money into pictures of piss apes is the best course of action, second to bringing back suede as a commonly used material for clothing let alone shoes

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

abigserve posted:

I'm a crypto billionare, that's why I spend all day trying to scam people on twitter

You don't get to be a billionaire by not scamming people.

Or for that matter, stopping when you have more money then you could ever spend.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

https://twitter.com/BTC_BlackFriday/status/1464293374161305600

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

drk posted:

will you stop posting if they aren't

I’m hoping it does! Maybe he can stop wasting time with us nobrains to hang out in New York with the other apes like generations of the truly smart with bitcoins have for centuries. Maybe then they’ll all. Stop. Posting.

I love y’all, but if I was a billionaire I wouldn’t feel exactly excited to post incessantly about pogs on a dead, gay forum…I’d probably have trouble posting while increasingly high on massive quantities of medically-pure cocaine anyway.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

It's like somebody is having a stroke and the symptoms are manifesting in reality.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What makes someone an "Elizbeth Warren?"

Don't answer that, I don't want to know.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zil posted:

What makes someone an "Elizbeth Warren?"

Calling yourself something you well know you're not.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Bitcoin and Metallica, two great wastes that waste great together.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

salt shakeup posted:

I'll gladly take the bitcoins off your hand. They're gonna be worth $100,000 each by the end of the year.

If you really believe this make it a :toxx: for a permaban. Otherwise you're just another lovely low-effort troll

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

DerekSmartymans posted:

I love y’all, but if I was a billionaire I wouldn’t feel exactly excited to post incessantly about pogs on a dead, gay forum…I’d probably have trouble posting while increasingly high on massive quantities of medically-pure cocaine anyway.

This is why you aren't a billionaire. I am. I have $2.3 billion spread between immediate access (lol who needs that) and my investment and diversity portfolio. I'm set for life, I can buy anything I want at a moments notice. Or less tbh.

And what do I do? I shitpost. Because billionaires don't do what you want them to do. We're too rich for you to fathom our minds with your poor, plebian, poor brains.

In conclusion, please donate to my Patreon.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

syntaxfunction posted:

This is why you aren't a billionaire. I am. I have $2.3 billion spread between immediate access (lol who needs that) and my investment and diversity portfolio. I'm set for life, I can buy anything I want at a moments notice. Or less tbh.

And what do I do? I shitpost. Because billionaires don't do what you want them to do. We're too rich for you to fathom our minds with your poor, plebian, poor brains.

Can I have $20?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Zil posted:

Can I have $20,000?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Zil posted:

Can I have $20?

If you invest in NFTs you'll have all the money you'll ever need my friend.

Alternatively subscribe to my self-help Patreon and you'll have the keys for all the riches in the world.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

No.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Sup fellow set for life goon. Sorry you had to achieve it by torching the Earth and trampling others on a ponzi pyramid, lol.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Lol at getting rich through NFTs just lol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
2.3 billion sand you won't even bum a goon twenty bucks

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Scam Likely posted:

Sup fellow set for life goon. Sorry you had to achieve it by torching the Earth and trampling others on a ponzi pyramid, lol.

Can I have $2000?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqr0oER03SE

very cool future we've created.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

His fake bitcoin post had only 2 likes, lmao.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
sounds like he needs to use a password manager and 2fa or mfa.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Maybe we can put passwords on the blockchain…..?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
our smart chain makes sure only you can see your password and everyone else sees *****8's try it out.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

Have any advice for someone with like 3 million? Should I be investing in gold? Newest Crypto? Stupid animal people drawings but digital? Ivermectin?

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Nov 28, 2021

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

syntaxfunction posted:

Can I donate medically-pure cocaine? Much more useful than crypto

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

DerekSmartymans posted:

if there's anything I have observed it's that cocaine makes you post more, not less

EDIT: not you personally. people on cocaine generally speaking

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Do you want to watch a 30 minute breakdown of the neopets NFT disaster? No? Have the link anyway it is fascinating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwJM3Qqb5Ls

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

LordSaturn posted:

if there's anything I have observed it's that cocaine makes you post more, not less

EDIT: not you personally. people on cocaine generally speaking

S’all good. Not many people can do massive shitposts 22hrs/day.

If I was on cocaine (lol, I’ve never even touched one puff of weed, aside from like a Poison concert second-hand smoke or same with my AD&D group in college), hopefully I would be doing shots with Sammy Hagar or loving whales or something more adventurous than posting here: A place where people like me already hang out! :colbert:

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
You live in Metro city and never got the chance to do cocaine because the Mayor, Mike Haggar was too good at cleaning up the rackets.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Prurient Squid posted:

You live in Metro city and never got the chance to do cocaine because the Mayor, Mike Haggar was too good at cleaning up the rackets.

He was pretty much a Bad Dude…Bad enough to save the President, even.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

DerekSmartymans posted:

S’all good. Not many people can do massive shitposts 22hrs/day.

If I was on cocaine (lol, I’ve never even touched one puff of weed, aside from like a Poison concert second-hand smoke or same with my AD&D group in college), hopefully I would be doing shots with Sammy Hagar or loving whales or something more adventurous than posting here: A place where people like me already hang out! :colbert:

Love love 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 the posting here. From the turn to the camera (lol, you know what I mean guys?) to the top shelf name drop dripping with relevance, loving whales (like McAfee haha!) to the beautifully italic hey we're all losers posting here self deprecation) and the epic mother loving slam dunk on top, the friggin Colbert arms for when you're too confident for the shrug but want to keep things right in the middle of the road :hehe:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Crime on a Dime posted:

Love love 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 the posting here. From the turn to the camera (lol, you know what I mean guys?) to the top shelf name drop dripping with relevance, loving whales (like McAfee haha!) to the beautifully italic hey we're all losers posting here self deprecation) and the epic mother loving slam dunk on top, the friggin Colbert arms for when you're too confident for the shrug but want to keep things right in the middle of the road :hehe:

Are you really trying to be all Patrick Bateman on us or what

There's something so artificial and disingenuous about the posting style, I'm autistic and it still stands out to me like a hole in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Crime on a Dime posted:

Colbert and crossarms should be reversed
CMM