Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Good god, Hank, you look like the fella that killed the other fella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Rewatched the episode where Bobby dates and is dumped by Marie, the vegetarian, goddamn Peggy is ruthless in this episode:

Bobby: Marie broke up with me!
Peggy: Aw. It doesn't feel so good, does it, son?
Bobby: No.
Peggy: I guess your love wasn't as strong as your father's and mine, now, was it?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

TheKingslayer posted:

Also in Old Glory when Peggy buys ad space to run her musings because she got replaced by celebrity birthdays.

EDIT
Also, this is just hilarious

lol cartoon characters looking straight at the camera. Also that picture's likely from when she was 25.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
She is smiling

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's pretty messed up they turned Chip into a real boy for Luanne to hook up with a few episodes later

I was gonna screenshot the frame of Rhett looking like a straight up ventriloquist dummy but Hulu is a bastard about screenshots.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I think someone's gonna be doing some fornicating! Not me though, mm-mm... *whipsers* it's Aunt Peggy

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are you a leaker?! Are you leakin on me right now?!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TheKingslayer posted:

It's pretty messed up they turned Chip into a real boy for Luanne to hook up with a few episodes later

I was gonna screenshot the frame of Rhett looking like a straight up ventriloquist dummy but Hulu is a bastard about screenshots.

Lmao at rhett busting in his pants.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She put me in, I don't know, some kind of SEX CHAIR.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Just finished the “spin the choice” episode and I gotta say:
Nancy must have some way with words to bring Joseph around 180 like that. I remember thinking that she told Joseph who his father was, but I don’t think Joseph would be able to keep that under wraps. Odd end to that story…

Good John Redcorn facial animations in that episode too.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

namlosh posted:

Just finished the “spin the choice” episode and I gotta say:
Nancy must have some way with words to bring Joseph around 180 like that. I remember thinking that she told Joseph who his father was, but I don’t think Joseph would be able to keep that under wraps. Odd end to that story…

Good John Redcorn facial animations in that episode too.

Hank running away from a crying John Redcorn is burned in my mind

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

TheKingslayer posted:

Also in Old Glory when Peggy buys ad space to run her musings because she got replaced by celebrity birthdays.

EDIT
Also, this is just hilarious

Doesn’t have ellipsis instead of periods 2/10

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I have too many good anuses ahead of me to spend my life in a cigar factory

Edit:
Lol, holy crap! Hank picks up Buck at the drunk tank and Buck says:
“They took away my license Hank! Who’s gonna buy propane from a no-license-havin Castrato?”

namlosh fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 27, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Not the only reference to castrati in koth

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lmao at rhett busting in his pants.

Oh son, that's not ruining your purity...just a good pair of pants

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

"I saw you at the virgin thing."
"Yeah... they kicked me out, for already being one."

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

God. I'm With Cupid almost crosses me over into flat out hating Bill.

"I'm your little candy man" is just some incredible cringe humor though.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

lol cartoon characters looking straight at the camera. Also that picture's likely from when she was 25.

Buck had that picture taken for the Mrs. Heimlich county pageant.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I never got around to watching the last season, who got the throne?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The Alchemist posted:

I never got around to watching the last season, who got the throne?

Peggie, the entire show is her life flashing before her eyes after hitting the ground in the season 3 finale. So many characters change in season 4 it's so much less a cartoon and so much more what I think of as the show (Then it get's a bit more cartoony again near end later, but that's just her brain dying)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Well excuse me for making chicken tartare

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hey you know who could use some character? Bobby! Maybe I'll take him to work, show him how the old man pays for his bath salts

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm imaging Bobby growing up and starting a family and naming his son Best Hank

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Teenage GH being a giant except reserved as hell

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Teenage GH being a giant except reserved as hell

His daddy was 6’6” before a Japan-man took his shins.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It's hard to pick out my favorite line in The Bluegrass is Always Greener. It might be when Hank agrees that The Dale Gribble Bluegrass Experience is a good band name right away.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

wesleywillis posted:

Tom Petty and Brittany Murphy are both dead.
Did lucky and louanne 'move away' or did they die in a trailer fire?

They both died from drinking fish antibiotics because the word "chloro" was in the name so close enough.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I imagine adult Bobby being 6'6" but with the exact same proportions.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Pneub posted:

I imagine adult Bobby being 6'6" but with the exact same proportions.

So Brian Posehn

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Just watched "reborn to be wild" and the amount of anger hank has over Bobby not worshipping the lord the "right" way drove me crazy. What would hank think of the modern evangelical movement?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Arson Daily posted:

Just watched "reborn to be wild" and the amount of anger hank has over Bobby not worshipping the lord the "right" way drove me crazy. What would hank think of the modern evangelical movement?

"You're not making Christianity better, you're just making conservativism worse!"

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Arson Daily posted:

They addressed this in the mega church episode, kind of.

Also Hank is a Methodist; I think his problem with the youth group was more that Hank loves liturgy, and saw the youth group worship as a bunch of vapid emotionalism. In the end he was probably right about it just being something bobby got swept up in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While Hank positions it as a fad it is more like that Bobby's new religious fervor is because he thinks Pastor K and the youth group are cool and he thinks that if he also is big into Jesus he'll be cool too.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

muscles like this! posted:

While Hank positions it as a fad it is more like that Bobby's new religious fervor is because he thinks Pastor K and the youth group are cool and he thinks that if he also is big into Jesus he'll be cool too.

You guys just don't understand how I feel about Jesus!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I will never understand that need that so many people have for you to believe in the same bullshit religion as they do.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Gosh that episode has a pretty banger B plot. One of the few times Kahn gets too shine with the boys.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'd eat the last meals cuz Idc anyway

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I feel like I've lived both sides of this episode. Both as a teenager way into youth group and now as a middle aged dad. God forbid hank let's Bobby choose his own path to the lord. No, it's gotta be hanks way or the highway because hank is too insecure to let his son make a mistake here and there as he grows up.

The last supper suicide cult b-plot was way more interesting and the boys being really superstitious about death was really enlightening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Arson Daily posted:

What would hank think of the modern evangelical movement?

In the episode where Hank goes blind from seeing his mom have sex it's implied that Hank thinks they're nonsense when his moms boyfriend takes him to an evangelical service.