Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

azflyboy posted:

Did anyone get the Subaru that got mentioned in the message about car pass members this week?

I got the message, but no car, so I don't know if the car didn't get sent yet, or if it did and there's issues with it showing up.

You have to go into the car pass thing in the main menu where you buy cars at the festival or at your home. There is a Renault to claim as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
The UI / UX / menu in all 3 Forza Horizon games I've played is confusing as hell. I had no idea about the DLC cars I'd had for months until I realised that I had to somehow redeem them from a separate section of the 'cars' section of the menu that I didn't notice because it looked just like the other ones.

I think AAA games overall are just too keen on overloading menus with stuff rather than making them minimal and presentable, I guess it makes it feel more like Netflix or something where it seems there's loads of different things to do. The modern Hitman games are hilarious for this as there's absolutely no reason the menu couldn't just be a minimal one with no need for multiple tabs and buttons, but then it wouldn't look like a service platform with loads of content.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Convex posted:

The UI / UX / menu in all 3 Forza Horizon games I've played is confusing as hell. I had no idea about the DLC cars I'd had for months until I realised that I had to somehow redeem them from a separate section of the 'cars' section of the menu that I didn't notice because it looked just like the other ones.

I think AAA games overall are just too keen on overloading menus with stuff rather than making them minimal and presentable, I guess it makes it feel more like Netflix or something where it seems there's loads of different things to do.

What really frosts my goat is the car search function.

There are 3 different buttons to sort them in different ways and like some kind of demonic USB port i always hit the wrong two first.

There is also no way to sort by weight or power or even see those aspects in car selection.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

azflyboy posted:

Did anyone get the Subaru that got mentioned in the message about car pass members this week?

I got the message, but no car, so I don't know if the car didn't get sent yet, or if it did and there's issues with it showing up.

Yep, got it. Go to any home you own or a Horizon Festival Site, then open either the Car Pass or the Autoshow and claim it from there

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Control Volume posted:

Somehow the Polaris RZR counts as a "reasonably priced car" and it rips apart every track in the series, if anyone wants to have an easy time of things

I'm getting f'n smoked in this thing even tuned, like 7th place in the first race :(

e: Miata saw me through.

Tayter Swift fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 27, 2021

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The Baja Bug is secretly good too (Cascada Trail)

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Every trial I’ve tried this week everyone just bumps each other off a check point in the first 30 seconds and they quit immediately

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slave to my cravings posted:

Every trial I’ve tried this week everyone just bumps each other off a check point in the first 30 seconds and they quit immediately

If you end up alone you only need third place to win.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

FH5 has begun to enjoy crashing on me, while keeping the radio going (i have it at 5% volume because otherwise i don't notice skill songs starting). worst of both worlds.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Tayter Swift posted:

I'm getting f'n smoked in this thing even tuned, like 7th place in the first race :(

I finished the Reasonably Priced Cars one in the 1987 Firebird Trans Am GTA with the following tune: 154 676 586 (not mine)

I found it super easy, so maybe give that one a shot?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

webmeister posted:

I finished the Reasonably Priced Cars one in the 1987 Firebird Trans Am GTA with the following tune: 154 676 586 (not mine)

I found it super easy, so maybe give that one a shot?

I beat it with the Miata, thanks :)

1 point left for the first car. Guess I'll buy a few cars in a few days, why not.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Somehow the Polaris RZR counts as a "reasonably priced car" and it rips apart every track in the series, if anyone wants to have an easy time of things
That was exactly what I used, slapped a Jurassic Park livery on it and just throttle feathered all the tight turns. loving dominated.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
In case anyone else is as dumb as I am, you don’t need to spend 2 mill on a car for the expensive cars event this week. Do the other events first and you’ll earn the Italdesign Zerouno, which is one of the eligible cars.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Pretty annoying that they are creating these non-sortable new categories for seasonal events. Before I could just hover the cursor over the event and see "Super Saloon PI 800" or whatever, then sort and find a suitable car, upgrade and tune as needed. Now I actually have to memorise/write down the individual eligible cars.

Maybe they could add orange/red seasonal categories in the sorting function or something.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

For some reason i'm getting clean racing skills just driving around solo.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I know people have been laying down Rivals Gauntlets and Trailblazers aren't super popular but I'm curious how long my current record will stand for the City Escape Trailblazer:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
game already dead? just sat in two separate queues for over 25 minutes trying to check out some online races. at midday EST on a Saturday? yikes. maybe it's just the servers being lovely

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

General Probe posted:

I know people have been laying down Rivals Gauntlets and Trailblazers aren't super popular but I'm curious how long my current record will stand for the City Escape Trailblazer:

Lol. Real tortoise & the hare situation here

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

General Probe posted:

Then maybe you should work on your frankly woeful time on Quebrada :smug:

There might be a quicker route now that the river is dry.

barnold posted:

game already dead? just sat in two separate queues for over 25 minutes trying to check out some online races. at midday EST on a Saturday? yikes. maybe it's just the servers being lovely

The servers are being run on a bank of dreamcasts, and if more than 800 people connect at once they crash.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

barnold posted:

The servers have been pretty messed up since last night. Lots of disconnects and failing to join games. I raced a few times against my wife last night, and each one took us multiple tries to even launch the race together -- it kept dropping one or the other of us.

I bet after the holiday weekend the numbers will die down a bit.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I decided to spend a little time knocking out the last dozen or so bonus boards. I'm down to 4 left, and they're the super annoying ones: the two on the balcony/roof of the hotel, the one hanging from the power lines, and the one on a low roof out in the flatter area north of the soccer stadium. Gave 'em a handful of tries but I got tired of loving around with rewind so I'll have to go check out some YouTube videos and see what cars/strategies other people have used to knock them out

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hoonigan RS200 got me to most of those

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Hoonigan RS200 got me to most of those

thanks for the tip. 250 out of 250 :toot:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

barnold posted:

I decided to spend a little time knocking out the last dozen or so bonus boards. I'm down to 4 left, and they're the super annoying ones: the two on the balcony/roof of the hotel, the one hanging from the power lines, and the one on a low roof out in the flatter area north of the soccer stadium. Gave 'em a handful of tries but I got tired of loving around with rewind so I'll have to go check out some YouTube videos and see what cars/strategies other people have used to knock them out

If there's an awning or something you can drive under, hit the pause button and do the "reset car" option. It usually spawns you on the roof when you do that. Might take a few tries to find a sweet spot, but it's the least annoying approach I found.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

My 5 minutes of glory! :toot: Tierra Prospera road circuit

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lol I kind of understand the ban bots picking up on people using the spanish word for "black" (even though the game takes place in Mexico) but apparently some dude was picked up on and banned for using the name Brandon I'm assuming because of the dumb conservative meme. But Brandon is his name. The vinyl has a cute little pawprint in it, it's clearly just this dude's name PG

The bot has no idea what it's doing and PG are convinced it's perfect.

e:

quote:

EDIT: Contacted they support and they are "On Holiday" until Monday 29/11.

lmao

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 27, 2021

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Is it possible to have multiple barn finds going at once or can you only restore one at a time?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

pretty sure you can have multiple

one of them takes for loving ever, I still haven't actually be able to claim it and I've almost got all the other ones. The Ferrari, I think.

text
Mar 12, 2011
If you go to start a new race, then to eventlab create blueprint you can see all the 'special' car categories they have that you can't filter for elsewhere.

Horizon specials like collectors series and then by decade, nationality etc.

It will show all eligible cars that might not be in the correct power class (a, b, s1 etc) if you click show eligible cars on the festival playlist.

loving mess honestly

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

there's too much menu UI

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

TorakFade posted:

My 5 minutes of glory! :toot: Tierra Prospera road circuit

I'll take that action, until someone else does.

E: While I have the Vulcan warmed up, Playa Azul Circuit:

Mootallica set a blistering lap, looked unbeatable until he hit the brakes too hard right at the last turn.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 27, 2021

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

AirRaid posted:

I'll take that action, until someone else does.

:tipshat: that circuit is nice, plenty of flat out madness

speaking of which, I knew I could do a little better...

time to stop for today though :v: rivals is very cool

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

pretty sure you can have multiple

one of them takes for loving ever, I still haven't actually be able to claim it and I've almost got all the other ones. The Ferrari, I think.

Yes, it's the 250 GTO. For me it took about a week real time for it to finish. I don't know if play time speeds that up at all.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
anyone who is unsure about rivals: I got all the 5% accolades whith a keyboard and downloaded tunes

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Babe Magnet made us the grenade logos I think. I love that Mexican-themed GRCC logo, it's the tits.

I hope nothing happens to our grenade logo. If we lose that, anyone have ideas for another logo thing?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I put some chillhop on last night and ran a few Golliath and Gauntlet rivals races in a Morris Minor, it was downright sublime.

The Minor does not like the incline leading up to the bridge one bit, lmao.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I was gonna post that at least rivals works fine even if the rest of online is busted, but twice in the last half hour I've made new times that failed to post to the leaderboard. sigh

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The Subaru 22B was one of the cars that made me love racing games back in Gran Turismo 2 or so in the early 2000s. Very glad to drive it again here after getting it from Seasonal today. If you like the RS200 as a straight line across the map rocket, you’ll probably like this Subaru in some tune

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

Babe Magnet made us the grenade logos I think. I love that Mexican-themed GRCC logo, it's the tits.

I hope nothing happens to our grenade logo. If we lose that, anyone have ideas for another logo thing?

ty

my xbox tag is Los Cubano, you can search that or LLJK or GRCC to find my vinyls. If we lose the nades I’ll remake them with just the text I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Make a version with the grenade as a pineapple, problem solved. Though the pineapple isn't mexican I guess, it's south america. But the grenade/pineapple reference is extremely high brow comedy.

Or a pomegranate to really buy in to the grenade reference.