Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I really want Safe Havens to go to Venus to talk to the cloud aliens. There's no way it won't be stupid and nonsensical, because everything in the strip is, but the "dumbest scifi in the world" vibe this strip sometimes has delights me in the same way having a small child explain their imaginary nonsense world to you would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
On The Fastrack

[/quote]

Burning is draining, when you burn something the flame drains fuel from it. They're the same thing in this metaphor.

I can never become fully jaded to Holbrook poo poo. He always finds different ways to torture the medium.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Cicadalek posted:

On The Fastrack

Burning is draining, when you burn something the flame drains fuel from it. They're the same thing in this metaphor.

I can never become fully jaded to Holbrook poo poo. He always finds different ways to torture the medium.
[/quote]

Man I just noticed deathsnys eyes on the hydrant.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

EasyEW posted:

And while we're thinking about rich-kid justice with our revisit to the duck-based Harry Thaw parody, Blondie (From Zero) takes an unexpected turn. (May 11-13, 1931)

Holy poo poo

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin & Kell in: back in black (September 16, 2004)

I admit I do like the WWF logo being based on the other WWF.

Green Intern posted:

Once again, the answer is exploiting your friends for profit.

More like exploiting the friend of a friend! I wonder what's in it for the jellyfish.

Vintage Valiant (Jun. 27, 1948)

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I like how the goose is crying because the murder corporation killed him and his potential girlfriend's mates but as always this is also how Kel's murder corporation presumably operates? The weird double standard is never far.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Medenmath posted:

More like exploiting the friend of a friend! I wonder what's in it for the jellyfish.

They'll want to help because they're related to merpeople.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Zereth posted:

That's a superhero with an animal-related power, not a superhero who IS an animal.
He's wearing a mask; how can you be sure?

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Those fish appear to be panicking.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I am not at all for violence to kids, but if I had the kids in Family Circus I would totally snap.

And yeah, the crying goose in Kevin and Kell, so so sad, so horrible....and Kell does the exact same thing as R.L. so gently caress off, goose, before we eat you too.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I am not at all for violence to kids, but if I had the kids in Family Circus I would totally snap.

And yeah, the crying goose in Kevin and Kell, so so sad, so horrible....and Kell does the exact same thing as R.L. so gently caress off, goose, before we eat you too.

Heck, Lindesfarne and Fenton have also eaten people at this point in the comic. If I recall correctly, Lindesfarne ate the spider who crashed Tammy's wedding, Fenton ate the attorney attempting to have him extradited.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

How is "Gravelines" pronounced? grave-lines, gra-ve-lins, or something else?

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

maltesh posted:

Heck, Lindesfarne and Fenton have also eaten people at this point in the comic. If I recall correctly, Lindesfarne ate the spider who crashed Tammy's wedding, Fenton ate the attorney attempting to have him extradited.

IIRC the jury was the ones who ate the prosecutor.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

soft g

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Andertoons

Dang Andertoons

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Mikl posted:

Modern Kevin & Kell

Cool, Holbrook is acknowledging how completely hosed up Hellworld is. Can't wait for the upcoming strips where Lindsfarne and Fenton tell the goose "Actually murdering people is cool and good and we must keep doing it because of our society" and the goose goes "Wow I never thought about it that way, you're right, we must keep allowing people to be murdered for the good of society."

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Hey, what the loving gently caress?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
yeah my daughter loving sucks, lol

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravelines

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I like that the advice is so poorly written and just a general platitude that it doesn't help. You're young, have fun!

Ok, she's dating Nils. Does she dump him and go for Jack? Try to introduce the idea of a menag a trois to them? Cheat on Nils and keep dating him? Talk to Jack and get to know him and realize he's probably pretty smart because he's one of the few people in the strip that doesn't act like an insane robot?

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Posting on the early side because, in keeping with thread trends, I’m getting a new animal today!!! (He’s a chihuahua/beagle mix named Frankie and I love him already)

post puppy

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Julet Esqu posted:

Hey, what the loving gently caress?

Yeah, Bernice, it's other people who are nosy and judgmental

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

John Allison posted:

I own a sledgehammer, and let me tell you, it’s a lot of responsibility. The second you pick it up, you become aware that you definitely do not possess the power of Thor. My noodle arms can barely strike the most glancing of blows before the need comes upon them to vibrate like two chihuahuas.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Posting on the early side because, in keeping with thread trends, I’m getting a new animal today!!! (He’s a chihuahua/beagle mix named Frankie and I love him already)

*behuahua

alt: cheagle

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

oh, poo poo, its an actual place. sorry, i thought it wasn't

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

I like to think Emi's military-grade cyborg chassis has a Faraday cage or something around her brain to block signals like this and she just hasn't read the manual.

Chako

Er... the nudity-covering deer is enough for this thread's feelings on NSFW-ness, I hope?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Giant Ethicist posted:

Er... the nudity-covering deer is enough for this thread's feelings on NSFW-ness, I hope?

please :nws: that naked deer

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Jucika "406 - Jucika And The Autumn Foliage"

"407 - Jucika At A High-Class Fancy Place" NSFW Nudity

"Ruhatár kötelező = Cloakroom Mandatory" Or coat check/coat room mandatory.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Giant Ethicist posted:

Uramachi Sakaba

I like to think Emi's military-grade cyborg chassis has a Faraday cage or something around her brain to block signals like this and she just hasn't read the manual.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Giant Ethicist posted:

Uramachi Sakaba
Chako

Thanks for all of the effort you put into translating these. Both strips have been very enjoyable to follow.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Giant Ethicist posted:

Uramachi Sakaba

Chako

If a deer's in the way, the boobs are OK.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
From John Allison's Instagram

John Allison posted:

Charlotte will be back in 2022 with a positive attitude to problems.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I'm glad the automatic censor deer is a running gag in Chako because it's hilarious.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

PetraCore posted:

I'm glad the automatic censor deer is a running gag in Chako because it's hilarious.

I loved it when those horny weirdos were spying on her and got mad at the deer and then the bridge ornament showed up to destroy them

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

maltesh posted:

Right but those were bad people. That makes it OK.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

where's shauna......

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

drat that's a fine shark

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

PetraCore posted:

Q-Rais provided a helpful link (with the peanut bomb guy comic) to the first time he used it way back in 2014, part of a series about "reasons I love my girlfriend":

(People following the other thread will recognize her.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (November 30, 1974)

Bust Out Another Ancient Bird. And Also A Second Turkey.

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (June 29, 1938)

Out Our Way (October 25-27, 1937)

Dok's Dippy Stalkers (September 14, 1913)

Little Lefty (September 16-18, 1935)

It's Blondie (From Zero) again, and that was a honey of a hole Chic Young dug for Dagwood and company. How do you think they're going to get out of it?

(sigh) How do you think they got out of it? (May 14-16, 1931)

Once again, Toonerville was sacrificed to the gods of wrapping this poo poo up at the last minute. My apologies, as always.