Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

ultraviolence123 posted:

Severin's site is garbage. I'm just going to wait until Diabolik gets the three titles I want in stock instead (Don't Go in the House, The Bloody Pit of Horror and Night of the Demon).
I ordered the All the Haunts Be Ours boxed set through Diabolik even though it was a couple of bucks more expensive, just to not have to deal with Severin's site again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Blu-rays are 15 bucks on Arrow US' website.

The UK site has has some really good deals if you hate freedom.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 26, 2021

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
I forgot about Tammy and the T Rex :(.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

CPL593H posted:

Blu-rays are 15 bucks on Arrow US' website.

The UK site has has some really good deals if you hate freedom.

Also they have new copies of the Shinya Tsukamoto boxset for $40 if you missed out on that when it was first on sale.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

CPL593H posted:

If the first Vinegar Syndrome release you get isn't Tammy and the T-Rex then you're a bad person who should feel bad.

mine was Liquid Sky, with limited edition slipcover :smuggo:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Severins site is running better this morning if you're still shopping

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I like Dead Heat but not necessarily everything else they’re going to have on that sub plan. Also that’s expensive as hell. It’s much easier to trick yourself about how much you’re spending when it’s $20-$30 at a time. I don’t think I spent anywhere close to that on movies this year.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Christmas season coming up and you didn't get Dial Code Santa Claus or Christmas Evil?

I already had those classics, so I bought some other classics, Beastmaster and Body Melt, the latter of which I've seen already and the former I've never watched despite owning it on VHS.

Nice picks. i actually jumped in and grabbed the standard edition of Christmas Evil after i read your post - I have the old DVD but it’s worth an upgrade for sure

MacheteZombie posted:

Severins site is running better this morning if you're still shopping

Finally was able to pick up that Black Candles bundle - been waiting on this one for a long time since I missed out on the Code red release from a few years ago and the eBay price was ridiculous

PinkoBastard fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 26, 2021

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Casimir Radon posted:

I like Dead Heat but not necessarily everything else they’re going to have on that sub plan. Also that’s expensive as hell. It’s much easier to trick yourself about how much you’re spending when it’s $20-$30 at a time. I don’t think I spent anywhere close to that on movies this year.

Just do the PayPal pay later feature it'll trick you into thinking it's cheaper

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

PinkoBastard posted:

Finally was able to pick up that Black Candles bundle - been waiting on this one for a long time since I missed out on the Code red release from a few years ago and the eBay price was ridiculous

So bummed that code red isn't still putting out Messiah of Evil and The Carrier. I want to own those two films but not enough to pay ebay prices

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

MacheteZombie posted:

Just do the PayPal pay later feature

Fuuuuuck I keep forgetting this is a thing. Now I'm gonna wind up buying so many VinSyn bundles.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

So bummed that code red isn't still putting out Messiah of Evil and The Carrier. I want to own those two films but not enough to pay ebay prices

I’m holding out hope for a new version of Messiah soon… I actually haven’t seen The Carrier, have to add it to the list

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

PinkoBastard posted:

I’m holding out hope for a new version of Messiah soon… I actually haven’t seen The Carrier, have to add it to the list

If you track down the carrier on a stream make sure it's the directors/alternate cut. There isn't a huge difference, a few longer scenes, the main thing is the ending is changed and way better imo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wait I have to sub so some crap to get Dead Heat? I just want dead heat

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

No, I'm pretty sure that's just the price for that stupid subscription they have where you pay upfront and get whatever the new releases are for a year or something.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

CelticPredator posted:

You can buy titles individually on release. The subscription gets you most of their releases for a whole year at like 50% srp. Plus a coupon code for 50% all releases not included in the sub

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
And also 50% on their partner releases.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Only sick freaks do the year sub. Just a bunch of sick perverts.

Anyway, can’t wait for my first box to come in January. Loved the titles from last years sub. Don’t regret it at all.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

88 Films is releasing Night of the Demon as well, so I'm going to skip the Severin release, unless someone gets it for me for Christmas. Severin has burned me too many times recently and I'm not really interested in giving them any more money unless I don't have any other options. I did get all of the new Vinegar Syndrome BF titles. Reading the review at Mondo Digital, it sounds like it's going to be an excellent release for Trauma. It's a underrated Argento film, has an excellent final 30 minutes, and was filmed in my hometown of Saint Paul, so it's neat to see some of the locations. Don't sleep in that movie if you're unfamiliar. Plus all of the Cynthia Rothrock titles, a legendary Cat III movie, and an early 90s revenge film make this a solid Black Friday for VS.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but there's some solid Black Friday deals over at MVD Shop.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

codyclarke posted:

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but there's some solid Black Friday deals over at MVD Shop.

I implore everyone to pick up the blu for Drive (1997), the greatest action movie ever made.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
I'm surprised none of these boutique labels have tried to grab the rights to Private Parts

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

codyclarke posted:

Thanks for the heads up! I’ve been wanting Nemesis for a while but the normal $40 price was a bit steep.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I implore everyone to pick up the blu for Drive (1997), the greatest action movie ever made.

… and since their shipping was a flat fee I decided to blind-buy this too. Hopefully I like it!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

david_a posted:

Thanks for the heads up! I’ve been wanting Nemesis for a while but the normal $40 price was a bit steep.

… and since their shipping was a flat fee I decided to blind-buy this too. Hopefully I like it!

It’s one of those movies where every action set piece made me say “oh man if [x] happens, this’ll be the greatest movie ever made” and it kept happening. The movie is nuts and I can’t believe it’s not more well known.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cloks posted:

My first VinSyn order was all 4 Rudy Ray Moore movies. They didn't do credit cards back then, so I had my bank send a check, which apparently caused some confusion, so they threw in the lenticular Jack Frost for all the trouble :3:

My next order was the January 2017 preorders.

Of course yesterday I ordered the RRM box for my RRM Blus

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

My first VinSyn order was all 4 Rudy Ray Moore movies. They didn't do credit cards back then, so I had my bank send a check, which apparently caused some confusion, so they threw in the lenticular Jack Frost for all the trouble :3:

My next order was the January 2017 preorders.

Of course yesterday I ordered the RRM box for my RRM Blus

their customer service is second to none, honestly

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
If you need another title to get from the VinSyn sale I recommend Scary Tales

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Cloks posted:

Same

:respek:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

aperfectcirclefan posted:

I'm surprised none of these boutique labels have tried to grab the rights to Private Parts

Paul Bartel or Howard Stern?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Pretty sure my first VS was Christmas Evil. I almost feel bad for not not ordering more this year, but they’re reaching a Criterion-level point where I already own pretty much anything on their site that interests me.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
This sale needs to end, I just added Count Dracula’s Great Love and now I’m contemplating Satan’s blood

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

im being good and not participating...

because im broke.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

CPL593H posted:

Howard Stern but I'll take both!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

aperfectcirclefan posted:

Howard Stern but I'll take both!

There is a Howard Stern Private Parts blu-ray but it's not a boutique release.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I just spent $1500 on movies I'll think about watching. Love you Vinegar Syndrome

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Pretty sure my first VS was Christmas Evil. I almost feel bad for not not ordering more this year, but they’re reaching a Criterion-level point where I already own pretty much anything on their site that interests me.

I'm pretty much there myself. I sometimes do totally blind buys where I've never even heard of the movie before I see it on VinSyn, but I think I've just been burnt out by all the other sales leading up to this sale. It seemed like every other month this year was a new sale from Arrow, Shout, Grindhouse and now VinSyn.

My checklist right now is basically just movies that I want to own "ironically" like Death Promise, Blood Theatre, Raw Force, Hobgoblins, etc. And I don't really need any of those any time soon so :shrug:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I've been subbing VS since 2017, so I pretty much have everything they've put out on Blu-ray.

I snag a new sub, so I just order the stuff that's not included and pick and choose among what interests me from partner labels. When I'm broke I still get a haul

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

CPL593H posted:

Robert Ashley?

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Alright I grabbed The Severed Arm, and that is IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005