Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Whats a King to a God? Whats a God to a Caped Baldy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
God didn't show his face until now cause he was too afraid of Boros coming to challenge him obviously

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Panels were good Murata did full justice to that sequence.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
That was super cool :stare:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
For comparison, here's the pages from the original version that include God.

https://imgur.com/a/MU2cMlm

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I can already see the joke that this is setting up, years in advance.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Skywatching in the OPM universe:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Homeless emperor is sleeping right? :ohdear:

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Is there precedent for a printed manga to include a few one-off coloured pages, or is this just a treat for the online readers, only?

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
I preferred the B/W page of God in the meadow more than the color version. Especially if it had followed the blue moon scene. It give the impression that God's world is full of vibrant colors (powers) but us mere humans are incapable of seeing them. Like how bees see ultraviolet but human eyes physically can't.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hell yeah that creepy af

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Yeah I thought it was quite effective to change up the medium in order to get across the idea of an otherworldly force.

If the anime ever gets this far in the series, I'm not sure what they could do to replicate that effect. Maybe use literal live action of a creepy man in a body suit?

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Zerilan posted:

For comparison, here's the pages from the original version that include God.

https://imgur.com/a/MU2cMlm

The original Homeless Emperor has the worst case of Hank Hill rear end I've ever seen.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

The original Homeless Emperor has the worst case of Hank Hill rear end I've ever seen.

Homeless Emperor was granted incredible destructive power, but nothing ever comes free.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I was having a rewatch of season one and in the intro one scene that I never paid attention to had loving God walking on the Earth!!! This has been in the planning for a long long time.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.

Jiro posted:

I was having a rewatch of season one and in the intro one scene that I never paid attention to had loving God walking on the Earth!!! This has been in the planning for a long long time.

All that time webcomic readers sitting still and not spoiling that easter egg while agitating in anticipation for when everyone else catches up. We really are at the fireworks factory fellas!

Edit: Checking out the season one into and there's a lot of thematic references but what I thought was God walking was actually a giant snowman. Chalk that one up Mandela effect.

E. Revenant fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 28, 2021

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've always loved ONE's rendition of the God scene.
Wonderfully framed and posed. He's not got the technical chops but he's still an awesome artist

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bucswabe posted:

Is there precedent for a printed manga to include a few one-off coloured pages, or is this just a treat for the online readers, only?

Is it even possible to do color in printed manga? It might have to be black and white in the volume release

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Bucswabe posted:

I think a lot of these are colored by the translator groups doing this. I've seen these in Black Clover, OPM, My Hero Academia. This guy seems to do the MHA stuff that tend to get included. If it was a color splash page (They do this on occasion, I believe) they don't have any black/white pages. These always tend have the B/W pages included. I read on Mangainn and the color pages are usually added after the rest of the manga. This time in OPM it was included IN the manga, but that may be a translator choice.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Jiro posted:

Where is this?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gothmog1065 posted:

I think a lot of these are colored by the translator groups doing this. I've seen these in Black Clover, OPM, My Hero Academia. This guy seems to do the MHA stuff that tend to get included. If it was a color splash page (They do this on occasion, I believe) they don't have any black/white pages. These always tend have the B/W pages included. I read on Mangainn and the color pages are usually added after the rest of the manga. This time in OPM it was included IN the manga, but that may be a translator choice.

No the coloured pages in this chapter were done by Murata himself

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Bucswabe posted:

One that comes to mind: the online version of SPY x FAMILY has a few coloured pages at the start of Chapter 1, which are reproduced in Volume 1's print release.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/dustinkcouch/status/1057094474227240960?lang=en

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RatHat posted:

Is it even possible to do color in printed manga? It might have to be black and white in the volume release

yeah it happens.

and it's fairly common as well that they include like the orange toned pages from original magazine release (which are generally ugly tbh)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah color inserts on volumes are common.

drat thats a good rendition of God.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
moon god?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Homeless Emperor Tracts

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Genos: Those who reject Master Saitama will burn forever in the lake of fire.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

sirtommygunn posted:

Holy poo poo

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

raws:
https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3269754496631846058

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Hell. Yeah.

I'm assuming Blast will gently caress off instantly or not appear at all. I wonder what his excuse will be.

I love how slapstick Garous attack on PS is. He's just flying straight up into the air like he got decked by a cartoon character.

Brandfarlig fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 3, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:bisonyes:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh yeah

Its finally all coming together

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The specific room within the fireworks factory that I was waiting for!!!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

MorningMoon posted:

The specific room within the fireworks factory that I was waiting for!!!

Its a different room that theyve refurbished with even more fireworks

And oh look is that a chimp with a flamethrower??

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
This better not be some sparklers and bottle rockets poo poo either, I want full on you gotta go to a different state to buy these kinda fireworks. I want some big gently caress off powder ball encased in a american flag and bad van art that needs a visibly unsafe little loving packed in mortor to shoot out of after all these years

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Translation: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/9XEq5QW/1/1/

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Caidin posted:

This better not be some sparklers and bottle rockets poo poo either, I want full on you gotta go to a different state to buy these kinda fireworks. I want some big gently caress off powder ball encased in a american flag and bad van art that needs a visibly unsafe little loving packed in mortor to shoot out of after all these years

You should be satisfied

Read the translation

Glorious

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 3, 2021

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I do love that Garou doesn't give a single gently caress and will just fight anyone and everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

pik_d posted:

I do love that Garou doesn't give a single gently caress and will just fight anyone and everyone.

garou playing on a friendly fire server and he's fed up with killstealers