Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I bought one game for black Friday. it was a Digimon game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
How is the Death’s Door port for Switch?

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

dud root posted:

What's a good Pokemon for someone who has literally never played one?

I want to explore an rpg puzzle island and collect them all, but the combat never looks very appealing

It's on 3DS not Switch, but the first and only one I ever played was Sun and Moon, and I absolutely loved it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zeron posted:

Let's Go is great for kids. Sword & Shield would be good for beginners. The newest Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl are going to have the most content and probably be the best value overall. The good news is the combat isn't difficult at all unless you want to do online battling.

apparently the gym leader and e4 refights in bdsp aren't messing around

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

Anything I should snag on the e shop sale aside from the Mario + Zelda titles? I picked up Hades and I’m pretty excited about that.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

sailormoon posted:

Anything I should snag on the e shop sale aside from the Mario + Zelda titles? I picked up Hades and I’m pretty excited about that.

Dead Cells, Sky Rogue, BROFORCE, Children of Morta.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sailormoon posted:

I don't know what you like so the following are good games that are on sale:

Witcher 3
Slay the Spire
Dark Souls
Baldurs Gate 1&2
Tales of Vesperia
Moonlighter
Katamari Damacy
Civilization VI
Skyrim (don't buy this you already played it enough, i know you have)
Xcom 2
Transistor
The Long Dark
Into the Breach
Castlevania GBA Collection
Monster Hunter Ultimate
Torchlight II
Romancing SaGa 1&2
Don't Starve
Dragonball Fighter Z
Bioshock Collection
Subnautica
Doom (all)
Duke Nukem 3D
Dead Cells
Hades
Rogue Legacy
N++
Invisible Inc
Prison Architect
Axiom Verge
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Grandia Collection
Enter the Gungeon
Quake
Hotline Miami
Dragonball Heroes World Mission

There may be more but I do not personally know them to be good

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Shovel Knight with all the DLC is down to like $22. Tumbleseed is $6 if you want something way different

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

You should get T H U M P E R

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I got Subnautica and Fell Seal, but it'll be a long time until I play the former because the latter has caught my attention rather well. I forgot how fun making invincible little soldiers was. The tactics is OK. Not as bad as wargroove, but not as good as the actual games.

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020
I picked up:

Void Bastards
Into the Breach
Castlevania Classic Collection
Rogue Legacy
The Flame in the Flood: Complete Edition

and will probably pick up

Journey to the Savage Planet
Dark Souls: Remastered
A Short Hike

LemonLimeSoda fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Nov 28, 2021

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
So far I'm in for:
Fire Emblem Three Houses, which has been remarkably fun so far. I'm really impressed having not played FE since the GBA days. Scratches the Xcom itch and the writing is way better than expected. The rewind feature is cool and retains some of the tension of classic mode without endless save scums.
Katamari Damacy
Shovel Knight
Dead Cells
Castlevania Advance and Classic collections
Crawl - loving amazing if you have someone to play with. One of my all time favorites.
Namco Archive Vol 1, wholly for the Pac Man CE demake
Tumbleseed

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I've picked up Paper Mario Origami King and Dragon Quest XI S so far, and I'm eyeing Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. I should be getting Great Ace Attorney Collection and Monster Hunter Stories 2 for Christmas.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I got Subnautica and Fell Seal, but it'll be a long time until I play the former because the latter has caught my attention rather well. I forgot how fun making invincible little soldiers was. The tactics is OK. Not as bad as wargroove, but not as good as the actual games.

I liked fell seal when I was in an fft mood but didn’t finish it. Literally felt like a fan made fft for all the positives and negatives

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I bought nothing because I have too many games. However I play SMT5, Metroid dread, and castlevania gba collection all of which are great

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I bought nothing because I have too many games. However I play SMT5, Metroid dread, and castlevania gba collection all of which are great
I have to say, I bought the Advance Collection largely because of Aria, but both Harmony and Circle have been surprisingly fun to play, too. My one playthrough of Harmony will likely be my only one (because I liked the game enough to go for 100%, something I rarely do), but I've been working my way through a Magician run of Circle and it's been a lot more fun than my last attempt on GBA. I've been a lot more successful this time, largely because I haven't been attempting to play it the same way as a normal run (which is mostly using Mars + Salamander and Uranus + Thunderbird) and have been using the Diana projectile combos a lot, because they're A LOT stronger in Magician mode; they're actually worth using.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-pro-controller/-/A-52180631

Target Pro Controller sale is live, Cyber Monday is confusing. Dunno if it'll actually sell out, but they don't really get cheaper than this so may as well go for it early if you were planning on getting one.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I liked fell seal when I was in an fft mood but didn’t finish it. Literally felt like a fan made fft for all the positives and negatives

You ever try Banner of the Maid? I was looking at that one

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1464919314595999745

i don't speak japanese but i'm guessing this says 13 sentinels is coming to switch in april of next year. is that correct?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lol I started a Skyrim character, why do I play this game every three years

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

abelwingnut posted:

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1464919314595999745

i don't speak japanese but i'm guessing this says 13 sentinels is coming to switch in april of next year. is that correct?

Huh, I wonder how much they'll have to work to make it work on the switch. It's a surprisingly gorgeous game for the type of game it is.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

lunar detritus posted:

Huh, I wonder how much they'll have to work to make it work on the switch. It's a surprisingly gorgeous game for the type of game it is.

One point of note is some of the later missions got a tad chuggy on the PS4 when you've got a shitload of units and attacks going off at once. I'm curious to see how the Switch will cope, or if they'll give the game a major optimization pass in general.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
maybe it’s streamed

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Should I finally get Mario Odyssey?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Yes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Its very good. Its mario 64 but good

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

you should also get super mario 3d world too. it's extremely good.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I played through the first two worlds of Mario Odyssey wondering when you unlock all of Mario’s sweet moves before realizing I already had all my sweet moves and was too embarrassed to keep playing.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Mx18uR1dY

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day
perhaps a bit early to call it, but it does not seem like the expansion pass will be getting monthly game updates

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Martman posted:

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-pro-controller/-/A-52180631

Target Pro Controller sale is live, Cyber Monday is confusing. Dunno if it'll actually sell out, but they don't really get cheaper than this so may as well go for it early if you were planning on getting one.
It sold out at Target but it's the same price at Walmart so I ordered one from there.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 22, 2021

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I wouldn't expect monthly, or even regular, new games on the N64/Genesis games. We can maybe assume that most of the big first-party N64 games and probably most of the games in the Genesis Collections will eventually end up there, but will probably be saved for "slow" months where there aren't a whole lot of notable Switch releases going on otherwise, or maybe right at that point where most of the people who jumped on the bandwagon when Switch Online subs were first made available are up to re-sub as an incentive.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Commander Keene posted:

I wouldn't expect monthly, or even regular, new games on the N64/Genesis games. We can maybe assume that most of the big first-party N64 games and probably most of the games in the Genesis Collections will eventually end up there, but will probably be saved for "slow" months where there aren't a whole lot of notable Switch releases going on otherwise, or maybe right at that point where most of the people who jumped on the bandwagon when Switch Online subs were first made available are up to re-sub as an incentive.

What a terrible strategy for a premium service.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

lunar detritus posted:

It was supposed to launch on Vita way back when.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Is there a simple or elegant way to buy a game on the e-shop during the sale but keep the undownloaded game invisible or hidden on the switch until such time as X-mas or what have you?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ramc posted:

Is there a simple or elegant way to buy a game on the e-shop during the sale but keep the undownloaded game invisible or hidden on the switch until such time as X-mas or what have you?

buy it and delete it, though nothing will stop someone from checking the redownload list in the eshop

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ramc posted:

No but you can buy digital codes from amazon right now and save them for Xmas. Some of the same deals are available.

edit: oh yeah, just delete it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah the "actual" way is just to buy a download code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

buy it and delete it, though nothing will stop someone from checking the redownload list in the eshop

nothing... except the password...

excellent