Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

i once burned a copy of Atlas Shrugged in the firepit of a co-op house

couple of people still got offended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Rewatched original star wars and lol these movies are lame as gently caress, just boring as hell

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Muppets is the best Christmas Carol adaptation of all time by such a large degree it’s not entirely believable.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

Rewatched original star wars and lol these movies are lame as gently caress, just boring as hell

i rewatched the despecialized editions a year or two ago, i enjoyed the hell out of em, sorry you dont like fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bitch!!!!!!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Without books, what will oppressive societies burn to signal they're getting REALLY serious about the oppression??

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Disney cut an entire song from Muppet Christmas Carol. it's not a good song ("When Love Is Gone") but it has a reprise at the end that now makes no sense.

i am a ball of muppet rage.

The theatrical release cut the song and then some home video version have it and some don't. Disney+ cuts the song but they do include it as an extra.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

You know what's worse than 3 months of the same dozen or so Christmas songs that have been around since biblical times is?

When some moron gets it into their head to write a new one, like Steeley Dan and the grocery store one.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's a reason the goon deliberately terrible novelty christmas songs annual thread is a thing.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

does the existence of Whoville imply that there's a posher part of town called Whomville? is there, similarly, a rundown part of town called Y'all Junction?

why would whomville be posher? everyone's objectified there

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Without books, what will oppressive societies burn to signal they're getting REALLY serious about the oppression??

anime DVDs

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

who are you people and why are you allowed to roam free

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Feldegast42 posted:

tbh most of my memories of the original star wars are actually memories of the muppet babies star wars episode, which owns

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Muppets is the best Christmas Carol adaptation of all time by such a large degree it’s not entirely believable.

Somehow my wife had never seen this so we watched it together last year and her assessment: "it was okay."
Michael Caine gives it way more than a movie full of puppets deserves and Marley and Marley is a banger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQeEtYR2Db4

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

Im sorry, but the evidence of my eyes is too strong to deny

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

this has always been my position (although I’m a bit more fond of them than this). yes the prequels are worse but acting like there’s some marked difference in quality between them and the OT is absurd

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

people in here always seem surprised that stuff they developed an attachment to as a child isn’t particularly good when viewed fresh by anyone over the age of 16

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rewatched original star wars and lol I don't like these movies

Fixed

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

indigi posted:

this has always been my position (although I’m a bit more fond of them than this). yes the prequels are worse but acting like there’s some marked difference in quality between them and the OT is absurd

i think it's primarly because in the OT there is acting done by characters which blends in with the greater story and in the prequels everytime the WAR scenes start getting good they cut away to some rear end in a top hat talking about his FEELINGS gently caress off i wanna see clones n droids fight it's star wars imagine if instead of showing the battle for hoth they just showed like 15 seconds of rebels and stormtroopers shooting at each other in a snowstorm then 45 minutes of awful character drama.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

the fact that the prequals have resulted in an aboslutely massive amount of successful expanded universe content while the OT expanded universe stuff is some of the worst science fantasy ever to exist certainly is a fascinating phenomenon. the clone wars cartoons are some of the best serialized war fiction ever made imo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

also prequel memes are infinitely better

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Lady Militant posted:

i think it's primarly because in the OT there is acting done by characters which blends in with the greater story and in the prequels everytime the WAR scenes start getting good they cut away to some rear end in a top hat talking about his FEELINGS gently caress off i wanna see clones n droids fight it's star wars imagine if instead of showing the battle for hoth they just showed like 15 seconds of rebels and stormtroopers shooting at each other in a snowstorm then 45 minutes of awful character drama.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3DXMVZiVpc

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Prequel memes play on the absurdity of the dialogue of the prequel movies so it works.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

ok but the important thing is that we actually get to see the battle of hoth, is my point.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Prequel memes play on the absurdity of the dialogue of the prequel movies so it works.

the OT dialogue is largely awful as well, just not in a fun way

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

i don't know why but for some reason most of the new trilogy ships n fighters look like dogshit. some of the new order capital ships look ok i guess. meanwhile basically everything in the clone wars owns

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I can’t even remember what any of the new ships look like

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Wow, youve really managed to make a meaningless edit, you loving moron

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Mr hootington is a 6 year old and just now realized that people interpret art differently, lets all congratulate them on being able to recognize shapes as different and unique

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Wow, youve really managed to make a meaningless edit, you loving moron

That is your opinion. :)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I don't really like star wars tbh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

That is your opinion. :)

*jingles keys in your face* oh you like that, look at him coo everyone, how adorable

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Every year I rewatch movies I do not like and then post that I still do not like those movies. I'm a film connoisseur

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lmao. why rewatch them

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm watching muppets Christmas carol and realizing there's basically no good songs in it which is a bummer. Missed potential of being an all time great instead of the reality of being merely good

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

*jingles keys in your face* oh you like that, look at him coo everyone, how adorable

If you quit watching movies you know you do not enjoy you may become a happier person.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lady Militant posted:

i don't know why but for some reason most of the new trilogy ships n fighters look like dogshit. some of the new order capital ships look ok i guess. meanwhile basically everything in the clone wars owns

they're trying way too hard to just be The Originals Again while one of the bright spots of the prequels was the art design

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

they're trying way too hard to just be The Originals Again while one of the bright spots of the prequels was the art design

they literally just went with the rejected McQuarrie designs from the original trilogy

there was barely an ounce of creative vision put into that trilogy that wasn't borrowed from poo poo that got turned down 50 years ago

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

mastershakeman posted:

I'm watching muppets Christmas carol and realizing there's basically no good songs in it which is a bummer. Missed potential of being an all time great instead of the reality of being merely good

Marley and Marley is an absolute banger

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
just ignore star wars. it is literally poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
if they keep putting out terrible star wars media the franchise should finally experience its artifically-delayed natural death just like dark vader from the movies.