Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Vomik posted:

yeah that’s true. it is kind of funny that they won’t even throw a useless bone to people. I honestly think dems explicitly have decided a strategy of always being out of power so they can fundraise.

weren’t the dems dead broke right after 2016? I seem to remember that being discussed

yes, Obama completely neglected the fundraising apparatus of the party after 8 years, and part of the reason why Hillary was able to rig the primary was because she agreed to take on a lot of the debt of the DNC, iirc

edit: yep

https://apnews.com/article/f7db6e415f69dd8b6c60b2c299fa1bee

quote:

Brazile says Obama left DNC in deep debt; Clinton camp controlled party finances before 2016 primary

Dave Boyer The Washington Times November 2, 2017

Former Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Donna Brazile says President Barack Obama decimated the party’s finances to win re-election in 2012 and that Hillary Clinton’s campaign took control of the DNC long before she defeated Sen. Bernard Sanders for the party’s presidential nomination last year.

In excerpts from her upcoming book, Ms. Brazile said she was shocked at the sorry condition of the DNC’s finances when she took over in July 2016 for embattled Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, whom she said was “not a good manager.”

Ms. Brazile described a phone call she had with Gary Gentler, the chief financial officer of Mrs. Clinton’s campaign, on the morning after the Democratic National Convention ended in late July 2016.

“He told me the Democratic Party was broke and $2 million in debt,” Ms. Brazile wrote. ” ‘What?’ I screamed. ‘I am an officer of the party and they’ve been telling us everything is fine and they were raising money with no problems.’ That wasn’t true, he said. Officials from Hillary’s campaign had taken a look at the DNC’s books. Obama left the party $24 million in debt $15 million in bank debt and more than $8 million owed to vendors after the 2012 campaign and had been paying that off very slowly.”

She said Mr. Obama’s campaign was not scheduled to pay it off the debts until 2016.

“If I didn’t know about this, I assumed that none of the other officers knew about it, either,” Ms. Brazile wrote. “That was just Debbie’s way.”
In an excerpt published by Politico, she also said that she eventually discovered a written agreement that proved what Mr. Sanders had been claiming that the DNC was in the tank for Mrs. Clinton long before primary voting ended. She said the deal was struck by Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook and Mrs. Wasserman Schultz.

She said the Clinton campaign was essentially controlling the bulk of the party’s contributions and sending a small share to the DNC to “keep it on life support,” unbeknownst to Mr. Sanders’ campaign. Ms. Brazile said Mr. Gentler told her the Clinton campaign “had to do it or the party would collapse.”

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 00:20 on Nov 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

the democrats are going to be defunct by 2026

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The GOP consulting grift is even more openly fraud, but there are campaigns that it is acceptable to direct it toward and campaigns where it is not. The direct mail grift used to be reported on really heavily maybe 10 years ago, but one of the components of the reporting was that it was directed toward candidates the GOP didn't like, such as black republicans or ridiculous rubes. The fact that laura gogurt seems to be running a reasonably successful campaign operation might indicate that something changed (people who would have been ripped off in past years have their own establishment that can help with their campaigns) or maybe htey're so wildly popular that they work like dem campaigns in practice where the scammers are just siphoning off a shitload of money from a campaign that still has a chance to win. For some reason over the past decade, the democratically-aligned media outlets that used to report about GOP consulting scams have stopped talking about lol

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

hailthefish posted:

Yeah I love screaming at people who make the claim that the electoral college is somehow good because it "protects the hard working farmers from urban coastal elites" because that's not what it does at all.

Like the farmers vs coastal urban elites w/e argument is dumb as poo poo on its own, but that has NOTHING to do with the electoral college, where your vote only matters in terms of flipping your state, and your state only matters in terms of its population and since there's set minimum and maximum electors, it has the effect of massively amplifying or minimizing the weight of your vote depending on which side of a series of arbitrary lines you happen to live on.

It's dumb as poo poo, the founders were stupid assholes, destroy the electoral college. And also the Democrats.

:d2a:

Also smallholding agriculture does not exist on any significant manner in America so the hard working farmer is very often a part of the landed gentry who owns tens of thousands of acres as part of a multi million dollar business enterprise.

As someone who lives in their demonic realm, I can tell you that anything that hurts the American farmer is objectively good

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Interesting stuff, thanks. I wonder what the math looks like post-Trump schism but we're a bit close for clear-eyed analysis. Thanks again.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jabberlock posted:

the democrats are going to be defunct by 2026
How could Bernie do this??????

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

already people on "the Left" are throwing up their hands, saying that it's useless, and getting really into urbanism discourse
https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1463581148702031873?s=20
https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1463359613630390274?s=20

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
high on your own supply

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
how it started:
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/sta...ingawful.com%2F

how it's going;
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/sta...ingawful.com%2F

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 17:50 on Nov 28, 2021

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Build Back Better, but not as good as it could be.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

honestly would love to see this and yes i would fully "become" the "joker"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*leaning back in my big chair in my filthy rotting CHUD Chamber* love to see 2 woke queens utterly destroyed....

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Democratic primary voters have been trained wrong, as a joke.

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
God drat if they pick Harris after years of unpopularity it's going to be so funny. Please let it be her. It's her turn.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

very possible she gets dumped in the primaries. no natural base, low favorables. michelle would beat her 96% to 4%

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

very possible she gets dumped in the primaries. no natural base, low favorables. michelle would beat her 96% to 4%

i think they should mud wrestle for it, personally

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hell throw mayor pete in there too. but hes also a trained killer (cia black ops, krav maga... etc) so maybe not fair. but is this sexist, or just "realist" ?? ill take my response off the air :tipshat:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Michelle has never shown any interest in running for anything and as far as I know is repulsed by the concept of living in DC for another minute but that hasn't stopped every dem media cretin and primary voter and bumper sticker owner from putting her first in polls for president, governor, senator, supreme court justice, queen of my heart and soul, lord of time, and whatever else

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
michelle probably has 20 pounds of muslce and 4 inches of reach on pete. but he is fast and expertly trained in ninjutsu. in this case can technique overwhelm the sheer size advantage?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/spacetwinks/status/1465039648330293253

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Who knows what kind of superman drugs the CIA has to inject Mr. Butts with.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pete has the gayoken but Harris has the unstoppable hokuto shiN'KAY

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol a pete butt vs copmala primary would be hilarious to see who could be more off-putting

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol a pete butt vs copmala primary would be hilarious to see who could be more off-putting

primary voters in 2020 overwhelmingly chose the more human candidates (joe and bernie) over the reptilians. pete and kam aren't going to find charisma anytime soon; there's a real opportunity for Literally Anyone Else to come in and steal the thunder

edit but i do want to see kamala in a variety of south carolina churches on the campaign trail

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Nov 28, 2021

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no one chose biden until obama got the rest of them to bow out. he was in third or fourth in most states until then.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Can someone post the video of this i forgot what its called but its great

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Fame Douglas posted:

Who knows what kind of superman drugs the CIA has to inject Mr. Butts with.

CIA agents are milk drinking freak rear end rich boy dorks and I guarantee you could beat 100% of them in a fist fight.

That's why they have special forces do all the murder and torture.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MLSM posted:

Can someone post the video of this i forgot what its called but its great

2 seconds reverse google search man cmon man cmon man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AeO-dKGBLs

Morbus
May 18, 2004

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

no one chose biden until obama got the rest of them to bow out. he was in third or fourth in most states until then.

yeah but buttigieg and kamala weren't exactly in the lead

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ex post facho posted:

yes, Obama completely neglected the fundraising apparatus of the party after 8 years, and part of the reason why Hillary was able to rig the primary was because she agreed to take on a lot of the debt of the DNC, iirc

edit: yep

https://apnews.com/article/f7db6e415f69dd8b6c60b2c299fa1bee

lol at hilldawg being unelectable even when she controls every aspect of the election possible

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
anyone ever find it weird that the clintons since the 90's began to takeover the democratic party, clear out any potential challengers, structure the rules to be as friendly as possible to a small group of people choosing the candidate over the primary voting process, to clear a path for her to take power while having complete control of 1 of 2 political parties in america? it almost seems like they were planning to install a dictat

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Vomik posted:

anyone ever find it weird that the clintons since the 90's began to takeover the democratic party, clear out any potential challengers, structure the rules to be as friendly as possible to a small group of people choosing the candidate over the primary voting process, to clear a path for her to take power while having complete control of 1 of 2 political parties in america? it almost seems like they were planning to install a dictat

unironically Trump's greatest accomplishment was humiliating both the Bush and Clinton dynasties in a single election cycle

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Winifred Madgers posted:

unironically Trump's greatest accomplishment was humiliating both the Bush and Clinton dynasties in a single election cycle

The Dems still tried to run Clinton dynasty-era cronies like Terry MacAuffile with predictable results.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

etalian posted:

Terry MacAuffile

:hmmyes:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Vomik posted:

it takes a village

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vomik posted:

if only bill hadnt pulled out his dick we would now be forced to pokemon go to the clinton bitcoin mines