Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
my art is strong. you say two day ban, i say two days to prepare my army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

Somewhere out there is a universe where telltale games still exists and kept making adventure games more along the lines of their pre-walking-dead stuff and they'll have had a bloom county and a venture bros series and a 3rd poker night game called baccarat night at the inventory starring bill the cat, the cheat, lechuck, the monarch, and the tf2 spy

I always felt that era of Telltale could’ve done good with like Futurama or something.

I did like most of their post walking dead output, like the wolf among us and Batman games were quite good.

It’s a shame what happened with them. I have fond memories of playtesting for them a couple of times.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't know who needs to hear this, but the enemies in Uncharted 1 are not bullet sponges, all non-armored non-magical enemies die from a pistol headshot or burst of rifle fire from medium range

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

I don't normally do this but I'm going to walkthrough my way through Siren: Blood Curse. There's so much going on with what this game is doing that I dig like the multiple protagonist storytelling, the episodic structure, the classic Japanese horror tone that feels so much like Ringu or the Grudge and the grainy visual style is very evocative of old horror. There's only one real issue with this game and that's the gameplay, which is terrible. The sightjacking mechanic is clunky, the game has actual tank controls in 2008, the game is so dark it's impossible to see what the gently caress you're doing and it seems most of the gameplay is about doing a specific set of actions with a specific set of timings perfectly or you get ganked. So yeah I really want to experience this game, I just know I'd hate properly trying to play it

it's been many years since i played it but Blood Curse is weird. not terrible, exactly, but the original Siren's hostility works in it's favor I feel. also makes it niche, but i like what it does. BC tried to smooth it out, of course, but the action/modern elements added aren't strong enough to balance out the unique element that was lost. iirc BC still has some good sections but i don't think you lose anything by following a walk-through.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think The Simpsons would have made a fun classic Telltale game.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't know who needs to hear this, but the enemies in Uncharted 1 are not bullet sponges, all non-armored non-magical enemies die from a pistol headshot or burst of rifle fire from medium range

Hell, you barely even need bullets in Uncharted!

Relax Or DIE posted:

it's been many years since i played it but Blood Curse is weird. not terrible, exactly, but the original Siren's hostility works in it's favor I feel. also makes it niche, but i like what it does. BC tried to smooth it out, of course, but the action/modern elements added aren't strong enough to balance out the unique element that was lost. iirc BC still has some good sections but i don't think you lose anything by following a walk-through.

Blood Curse also does the weird thing where it makes a bunch of the characters american for no real reason.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1465022850776064008?s=20

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

My to-do list reminded me that Parasite Eve is a Christmas Game... should I do a playthrough to celebrate the holiday...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
what are some other good christmas games/levels?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

this rules, as always

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1464927049336832000

HELL YEAH

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Congratulations on 13 sentinels for making the 2022 goty list

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Looper posted:

bayonetta 2

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Looper posted:

the one level in resonance of fate where you swap out your guns for present-firing cannons to deliver them to children

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Looper posted:

christmas nights

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Surely you can fight Santa in some kingdom hearts game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there's like a million Christmassy levels in the old platformers a la Spyro

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge aka literally just a DMC game with the movie's skin

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Siren: Blood Curse

There was a dude with a sniper rifle and he was the most competent character so he just went and loving offed himself whaaaat

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Looper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-GTBdZFuks

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why are people posting past Khanstant’s creations

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Any commentary or praise I could give Khanstant's art would be meaningless and trite.

True art speaks for itself.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Why are people posting past Khanstant’s creations

they're awful

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mode 7 posted:

True art speaks for itself.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Do any of you have recommendations for an online co-op game for the Nintendo Switch? Right now we're looking at Divinity: Original Sin 2 again (as well as Phogs) but I'd love any recommendations you all can offer.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
gaben just emailed me saying he was in on it and was going to try and get me banned from all of steam. these fuckers are lucky im too busy to retaliate right now

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Arrrthritis posted:

Do any of you have recommendations for an online co-op game for the Nintendo Switch? Right now we're looking at Divinity: Original Sin 2 again (as well as Phogs) but I'd love any recommendations you all can offer.
monster hunter

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

i never thought i'd say this... but gaben is right.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Who's gaben? Ban his rear end.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

the one level in resonance of fate where you swap out your guns for present-firing cannons to deliver them to children

ooh god this mission loving sucked.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Someone bought me a fight stick for Christmas so I started learning how to play Gundam Maxiboost on it and holy poo poo it's like I've never played it before lmao

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm happy 13Sentz is coming to a machine i own but I'm worried. Has it been built up too much?
Also if there's two things in "VGs" I don't care for, it's time travel plots, and anime schoolchildren

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
13 Sentinels was a little dry for me, which was weird considering how much of it was in my exact wheelhouse.

I did like it a lot, though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Also if there's two things in "VGs" I don't care for, it's time travel plots, and anime schoolchildren

I mean yeah if you have bad taste you won't like 13S

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

I mean yeah if you have bad taste you won't like 13S

Yeah that would suck, thankfully that's not the concern!!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

13S is cool but it's ultimately just vanillaware leveraging their art skills into an SF and mech anime tribute so I wouldn't recommend it to the average goon

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Raw Danger and Blue Stinger are christmas games

So we saw the neighbor kids outside playing catch but also chasing after mystery cat so we went out to bring her in and let her warm up and relax away from the kids.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Overlord 2 starts out as a Christmas Midwin'er game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I started Spiderman: Miles Morales which completely coincidentally is set at Chtistmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sakurazuka posted:

I started Spiderman: Miles Morales which completely coincidentally is set at Chtistmas.

Also most of the Yakuza games - but they barely ever actually reference it.