Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

To be fair, the one in the middle could be a corpse, so the answer could also be 2.

Edit: this is about the Games Workshop contest on the previous page. Here is a picture of my cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

Same - I figured that the conductor on the right doesn't count as caroling because he has a shape that is very distinct from a musical note near his head whereas the other three all have notes.

Joke's gonna be on us though when it turns out we over-analyzed the world's easiest question.

It was probably just a bot check question and the answer was most likely 3. :v:

Not like one entry is going to do much against the people who spend like 200 and get 20 tickets for the raffle.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I think "games of skill" are allowed in the UK, but not raffles, so you end up with silly challenges like this.

But they're usually really straightforward.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Randalor posted:

To be fair, the one in the middle could be a corpse, so the answer could also be 2.

Edit: this is about the Games Workshop contest on the previous page. Here is a picture of my cat.

Good cat

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

smug jeebus posted:

Thanks, looking forward to getting my new toy in 4-6 business months

Oh hey, the website said Holga would take 120 business days but it actually took 6, so that's nice.

Not that I thought anyone was holding their breath on this but no has posted in this thread for three days.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

That's nice, I'll consider myself lucky if I can get the dragons by Christmas.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Im just gonna order two boxes of dragons through my LGS, as long as I order in the preorder window I can get them the next week

AnEdgelord fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 26, 2021

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/28/battleforces-march-forth-in-this-weeks-sunday-preview/

Christmas Battleforces go up for pre-order next weekend.
And that's pretty much it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Preview season for Nurgle should be on us soon, though.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So are Nighthaunt just never going to get releases for any of the units that were only available in the Soul Wars box? It's been a pretty decent length of time and there's still currently no way to get a mounted Knight of Shrouds or Guardian of Souls, and Chainrasps only come in an ETB box of 10 for $40, which is insanely expensive for such a small number and seems way pricier than most other ETB kits. That plus them being a bottom-tier army (arguably the worst in the game now based on win rate iirc) for multiple years now makes it feel like they've basically just been abandoned. Haven't heard any rumors of them getting a new book anytime in the near future, either.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I hope they get something they are in a awkward place.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I'm pretty sure theirs will be one of the next couple of books. They have one of the oldest books at this point, and a couple of the unresolved rumor engines have featured stuff that is clearly Nighthaunt because it has the exact same thorn pattern that Lady Olynder has.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
There's a rumor floating around that they'll be getting their tome in October 22. Seems a bit too on the nose to me, but who knows?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Deepkin, Maggotkin and Nighthaunt seem to be the factions in most dire need of a new tome. Deepkin is still working off of a 1.0 tome (I think Maggotkin is also a 1.0 book but I'm not sure) and Nighthaunt was a launch tome for 2.0. Luckily Maggotkin won't have to wait too much longer at least.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

Deepkin, Maggotkin and Nighthaunt seem to be the factions in most dire need of a new tome. Deepkin is still working off of a 1.0 tome (I think Maggotkin is also a 1.0 book but I'm not sure) and Nighthaunt was a launch tome for 2.0. Luckily Maggotkin won't have to wait too much longer at least.

Maggitkin is also a 1.0 book yes.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

There are a few recent Rumor Engines that point at Nighthaunt (the candles) and Deepkin (the swords), so there's that too.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

It's kinda crazy how solid Deepkin still are for being such an old book. They still pick up top 5 finishes pretty often.

I wasn't around for it, but they must have been absolutely obnoxious at the height of eel spam power.

And yeah, hopefully Nighthaunt get some love soon. Though honestly it's not new models they need so much as an entire revamp of entire army design (same with Gloomspite) - they already have a pretty diverse pool of units and probably the most consistently great model range in the game. I keep wanting to make them my second army but between having multiple staple units that you can only find for absurd markups on eBay and being by all accounts absolutely no fun to play in their current state, I'm gonna hold off until they get a makeover.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

It's funny that changes in 3e have caused deepkin players that there is more to life than eel spam. I mean, reavers and eidolons have their time in the sun. In some mad turn of events with some minor tweaks this one book holds through 3 editions

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

If you've ever been interested in Soulbound, the Age of Sigmar RPG, the Core Rulebook is 66% off today:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/303936/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Soulbound-Core-Rulebook

It's well worth it, even if you get it just for the lore.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Talas posted:

If you've ever been interested in Soulbound, the Age of Sigmar RPG, the Core Rulebook is 66% off today:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/303936/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Soulbound-Core-Rulebook

It's well worth it, even if you get it just for the lore.

Is this actually on sale? It looks like it says $30 for the price.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It was yesterday. It is no longer yesterday.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency

Mors Rattus posted:

Preview season for Nurgle should be on us soon, though.

I'm so ready. My 25 Blight Kings are likely going up to 5 wounds each with Disgustingly Resilient saves on all of us, absolute powerhouses.

Also have heard Glottkin is going to become god tier, like Archaeon or Morathi.

Exciting times to be a follower of Papa Nurg!!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Was struck by the fact that in lore, Big Yellers and other KBs salvage steam tanks and ork them up. I want that to be a unit. GW make that a thing.

Or if not, how viable do you think it’d be to kitbash a steam tank into a broken, orked up artillery platform for Counts As Killabow?

(Sloggoth isn’t good enough a unit to be that cool.)

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Mors Rattus posted:

Or if not, how viable do you think it’d be to kitbash a steam tank into a broken, orked up artillery platform for Counts As Killabow?

That sounds awesome, I'd allow it if I see it.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Mors Rattus posted:

Was struck by the fact that in lore, Big Yellers and other KBs salvage steam tanks and ork them up. I want that to be a unit. GW make that a thing.

Sloggoth is a Gitz/troggoths sleeper unit hiding among the warclans.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mors Rattus posted:

Sloggs are actually pretty useful with their aura.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I have a whole box full of Kruleboyz boxes that I have to physically restrain myself from opening up while I finish every other last thing; I love the way the army looks so much

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah I love all the Kruleboy models, slowly chipping away at them but man they are unforgiving to play. The extreme reliance on auras and fragile shooting units to do any real damage + how slow the army is means you kinda have to turtle up, and against *real* shooting armies they just pretty much auto-lose.

Definitely feels like an army that you need to get a ton of playtime with to learn how to pilot well and avoid all the traps, versus something like Ironjawz that are super intuitive and pretty effective even if you make a lot of small mistakes / misplays.

A few units need some tweaks and Gutrippaz badly need a point cost reduction, but they're pretty close to being in the "very good but not quite busted" range.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I just want to run three giant crossbows to make the giant crossbow gods happy

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Captain Magic posted:

I just want to run three giant crossbows to make the giant crossbow gods happy

At what point does it stop being a giant crossbow and start being a ballista?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Floppychop posted:

At what point does it stop being a giant crossbow and start being a ballista?

When it stops buying Funko pops and moves out of my basement

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

If the crossbows either got an extra attack or an alt-fire mode that made it not useless against smaller units I think they'd be genuinely worth a second look. Right now they just straight up outclassed by the Manskewers except in really fringe cases, and even then you have a pretty big chance of just completely whiffing.

Though if you're not trying to be super competitive there is still something to be said for having a couple of them just straight up delete an enemy monster when you roll right.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

In fairness, "single really big model" is an actual thing in the current meta to want to be able to deal with.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yeah I wanted three big crossbows just to meme in games against my wife and because I think they look great fun to put together. I wouldn’t do it in anything serious right now. Probably not. Maybe. Maybe I will I’m a wild man!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Mors Rattus posted:

In fairness, "single really big model" is an actual thing in the current meta to want to be able to deal with.

I think the problem is that on average spending those points on Manskewers instead is still mathematically superior even against big targets, while also still being really, really good against smaller ones. The Beastskewer can be super swingy but it's not reliable enough to count on. This is compounded by Big Yellers being the only subfaction worth taking, so you are heavily incentivized to take double-reinforced units of Manskewers already. If they give the other subfactions some tools that make them worth considering, the big crossbows suddenly look a lot more attractive.

It's an awesome model and somewhere out there someone has probably lived the dream of using 3 of them to take down an entire Mega-Gargant, so I hope there ends up being a compelling reason to take them eventually.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah…Skulbugz would be more usable if the only Monsters available to them weren’t all really expensive Heroes. But since neither the dog or troggs count, well…

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Tried to order from my LGS the bonereaper box and they basically told me it wasn't worth it for them to buy it because hardly anyone buys AoS in my area, and buying into one box means they'd have to buy five that just collect dust on the shelf.....

I guess I can try to order it from the single GW shop in the entire state...

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Is this a good place to ask about the Soulbound RPG in addition to the wargame? After reading some cool stuff in various Fatal & Friends reviews, I finally got around to buying a copy of the base rulebook, and it looks like Amber Magic is really good. I was wondering if I was misreading how the polymorphing spells worked.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

avoraciopoctules posted:

Is this a good place to ask about the Soulbound RPG in addition to the wargame? After reading some cool stuff in various Fatal & Friends reviews, I finally got around to buying a copy of the base rulebook, and it looks like Amber Magic is really good. I was wondering if I was misreading how the polymorphing spells worked.

Yeah this is a fine place to talk Soulbound. At least I don’t have issues with it.
Could you refresh me on how the polymorphs work don’t have access to my books right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Spell is called Wildform. DN 5:3. One target, lasts an hour, successes add hours or bonus Toughness to animal form.

You take an ally, and they replace their stat sheet with a Beast with Toughness equal or less to their max Toughness. The only thing that carries over is the wound track.

When the creature returns to natural form, it regains the Toughness it had before transforming. If the Beast is overkilled, the extra damage carries over to the base creature's Toughness.

So... it's basically a healing spell that lets you overheal to more than double someone's base toughness. That seems pretty fantastic. Especially since you can keep casting it on wounded party members. Definitely requires that the other players be down with more complicated combat, since it's a whole different stat block, tho. And I imagine that having monster minds could lead to RP challenges.