Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Eagles back in the trash where we belong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

why are the Chargers either great or terrible?

e: eh i guess they've had more close losses then I realize

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Niners win! Niners win!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Is he two firsts better than Goff

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Amy Pole Her posted:

At least one.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Amy Pole Her posted:

no

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

two firsts in the hands of the rams are worth absolutely nothing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Alaois posted:

two firsts in the hands of the rams are worth absolutely nothing

they’re worth two Jalen Ramseys actually

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
That wasn't great. Dang.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eAHtAaco74

Rams trash, RIP bitch team

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I can’t believe the Rams are a game out from not even having the top Wild Card spot, just crazy to think about with all the draft capital they’ve traded to enhance what was already a pretty good roster :psyberger:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Stafford simply isn’t that good OP.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Granted I only listened to the game on the radio so I dunno how the game looked on TV, but from my perspective the Rams could have potentially come away with a win if not for one of the most cowardly punts I've ever seen heard on 4th and 3.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/firstandskol/status/1465113131894591491

lmao kirk

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Granted I only listened to the game on the radio so I dunno how the game looked on TV, but from my perspective the Rams could have potentially come away with a win if not for one of the most cowardly punts I've ever seen heard on 4th and 3.

Also that 3rd & 1 run with 6 minutes to go in the 4th

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
On one hand I have no qualms with the Rams

On the other gently caress them and the Bucs for trying to make the NFL like the NBA

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tua dismantling the #1 ranked defense is not something I saw coming

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
No matter how much I hate them, the Patriots' "we're it me, I would simply rebuild in a single season" is an hilarious indictment of these multi-year implosion efforts that keep poor teams poor for decades.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

No matter how much I hate them, the Patriots' "we're it me, I would simply rebuild in a single season" is an hilarious indictment of these multi-year implosion efforts that keep poor teams poor for decades.

Belichick spent $200 million in the offseason and crucially chose actually talented players.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Belichick spent $200 million in the offseason and crucially chose actually talented players.

Turns out you can just give a bunch of B-receivers A money as long as you get so many of them, someone'll get open.

Also Bourne gets C money and plays the best of them because that's life.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Turns out you can just give a bunch of B-receivers A money as long as you get so many of them, someone'll get open.

Also Bourne gets C money and plays the best of them because that's life.

I would cut Aghlaor in the offseason and get whatever money off the cap next year that we can. Live with the dead money.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I would cut Aghlaor in the offseason and get whatever money off the cap next year that we can. Live with the dead money.

He's on a 2 year $22m contract that's basically fully guaranteed. He's a little overpaid for what they're using him for, but I'd rather have him then the gaping hole of nothing that'd be there if he wasn't and someone got injured.

Just for the others:

Jonnu Smith is 4 / $40m and his hits are 14/15/16. Has guaranteed money into year 3 which is a bit yikes, but whatever.

Hunter Henry's on a 3 year $37.5m deal and has $15m cap hits the next two years.

Kendrick Bourne is 3 / $15, and his hits are just under and over 6 the next two years.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 29, 2021

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Is there a stat on how many field goals and extra points have been missed by week? Cause this week has to be up there.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Browns continue to make the Patriots win against them look less impressive as the weeks go by.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Anybody who defends Baker or Stefanski after that poo poo....I dunno man but that was worse than Lamars food poisoning

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

BlindSite posted:

Is there a stat on how many field goals and extra points have been missed by week? Cause this week has to be up there.

I'm curious about the qty of doinks this year as well

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stefanski is an absolute loving coward not benching Baker 3 weeks ago. Dude needs to heal. He needs to rest and reset. This is not helping the team. This is not helping Baker. This isn't helping anyone.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Browns of Cleveland

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1465171683841617925?s=20

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Anybody who defends Baker or Stefanski after that poo poo....I dunno man but that was worse than Lamars food poisoning

Someone needs to sit down with Baker and let him know it's ok for him to sit the gently caress down, and he should. I know the shoulder is something that isn't going to fix itself this season but a little rest seems like it could help other injuries, and man you kinda suck right now.

Hell Keenum has a better than average backup QB chance to keep you somewhat competitive in the meantime, it's not the end of the season either way.

e: I should note that I'm coming at this from a place of thinking it's insane to think Baker is not the future unless he breaks himself completely, rather than what I think your opinion is?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 29, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Someone needs to sit down with Baker and let him know it's ok for him to sit the gently caress down, and he should. I know the shoulder is something that isn't going to fix itself this season but a little rest seems like it could help other things, and man you kinda suck right now.

Hell Keenum has a better than average backup QB chance to keep you somewhat competitive in the meantime, it's not the end of the season either way.

I would imagine part of this is he wants to get paid and if he misses a chunk of the season the Browns are gonna use it against him.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

Someone needs to sit down with Baker and let him know it's ok for him to sit the gently caress down, and he should. I know the shoulder is something that isn't going to fix itself this season but a little rest seems like it could help other things, and man you kinda suck right now.

it's going to loving RULE when they claim the bye week was enough for Bajer, he plays just as hurt/bad and the Ravens completely annihilate us in two weeks.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I would imagine part of this is he wants to get paid and if he misses a chunk of the season the Browns are gonna use it against him.

These last two weeks were the time to take a break it. It + the bye was close to a month of rest and you skip on facing the Lion (lol) and this Ravens team where honestly it could have gone either way and a Keenum loss would not have stung as much.

But no we're hosed now. We get a bye, Baker will say it's all good and just get right back on the bullshit treadmill of slowly killing yourself for your ego.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 29, 2021

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Scoring 10 points and looking like *that* with your D handing you that many wins is gonna get used against him harder.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Stefanski's facility access card should already be deactivated

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
With a healthy Mayfield...wait no scratch that. Just a slightly healthier mayfield--the Browns blow us out in that game. Baker Mayfield needs to rest himself for christ's sake. He's doing his team no favors. We sold out against the run and it worked perfectly because even though Mayfield did complete some passes he couldn't do it consistently enough to beat a team that turned the ball over four times.

The Ravens are an absolute travesty. How is this what we are doing with our passing game with the receivers we have? There is always some excuse. Most of the teams in the league have line problems. They don't look like us. Most teams would kill to have Andrews, Bateman, Watkins, and Brown and even Duvernay as their receiving corps. And this is what we do with it? Absolutely pitiful. Someone needs to be held accountable.

Defense played well tonight overall considering their goal was to shut down the run game at all costs and dare a hobbled Mayfield to beat them.

At least the embarrassing 0-6 mark within the division is avoided. I still think losing out from here on is very possible.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 29, 2021

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Kawalimus posted:

With a healthy Mayfield...wait no scratch that. Just a slightly healthier mayfield--the Browns blow us out in that game. Baker Mayfield needs to rest himself for christ's sake. He's doing his team no favors. We sold out against the run and it worked perfectly because even though Mayfield did complete some passes he couldn't do it consistently enough to beat a team that turned the ball over four times.

The Ravens are an absolute travesty. How is this what we are doing with our passing game with the receivers we have? There is always some excuse. Most of the teams in the league have line problems. They don't look like us. Most teams would kill to have Andrews, Bateman, Watkins, and Brown and even Duvernay as their receiving corps. And this is what we do with it? Absolutely pitiful. Someone needs to be held accountable.

for context, the Ravens are currently the #1 seed in the AFC

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
gonna need more additions to the browns hydra at this rate

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Magicpants posted:

for context, the Ravens are currently the #1 seed in the AFC

Yet might win like one more game the whole season the way we're playing.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Kawalimus posted:

Yet might win like one more game the whole season the way we're playing.

i hope so too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens defense did a great job against that wide zone run game. Really impressive to bottle up THOSE backs with THAT offensive line.