Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Rarity posted:

HM: Britt Baker vs. Riho, AEW Rampage Black Friday, 26/11
MOTYC: Eddie Kingston vs. Daniel Garcia, AEW Rampage Black Friday, 26/11

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 11/26

HM: Orange Cassidy & Wheeler Yuta vs. Adam Cole & Bobby Fish
HM: Riho vs. Britt Baker
MOTYC: Eddie Kingston vs. Daniel Garcia

nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Eddie Kingston now has as many MOTYCs as the entire NOAH roster :getin:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

Eddie Kingston now has as many MOTYCs as the entire NOAH roster :getin:

At least there should be a new NOAH MOTYC tomorrow.

Also I'm not sure there's a better example that y'all need to watch more NOAH.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

walking the kings road all the way to yonkers, love to see it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

You're goddamn right :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

At least there should be a new NOAH MOTYC tomorrow.

Well maybe they should stop booking Mutoh to clown on their future stars then! :colbert:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Noah is the best and worst of puro all at once. Brilliant juniors booked in the most baffling way possible. The best modern example of strong style wrestling in an amazing main event scene that is sometimes dominated by a man who last had a functioning knee joint during the Shōwa era. Some of the hottest young stars in the business losing matches with a booker whose gimmick is that he hates the fans and enjoys when they are disappointed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Some of the hottest young stars in the business losing matches with a booker whose gimmick is that he hates the fans and enjoys when they are disappointed.

Vince stays influential

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

a booker whose gimmick is that he hates the fans and enjoys when they are disappointed.

Dick Togo's in New Japan

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Honestly a Nosawa / Togo match would be amazing. Them versus an audience.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Well maybe they should stop booking Mutoh to clown on their future stars then! :colbert:

I watch as much NOAH as anyone & definitely get mad about them an awful lot, but right now I have 21 NOAH matches at MOTYC, which I dunno, feels like a lot. More than All Japan, equal with DDT, 4 more than Dragon Gate, more than AEW but then I've only really been watching them for half a year.

(Also Mutoh has TWO MOTYC according to this thread so show some respect to kneeless grandpa!)

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Lamuella posted:

Honestly a Nosawa / Togo match would be amazing. Them versus an audience.

Togo vs Nosawa on the preshow of the NJPW-NOAH show, winner gets to book the main card. Match ends when Gedo interferes and beats the piss out of both of them and goes back to doing all the booking himself.

Rarity posted:

HM: Adam Cole/Bobby Fish vs. Orange Cassidy/Wheeler Yuta, AEW Rampage Black Friday, 26/11
HM: Britt Baker vs. Riho, AEW Rampage Black Friday, 26/11
MOTYC: Eddie Kingston vs. Daniel Garcia, AEW Rampage Black Friday, 26/11

Nthing, excellent episode of Rampage.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW World Tag League/Best of The Super Juniors Night 10 November 27th
HM

El Desperado vs Robbie Eagles
- Really enjoyed this one, a step down from their title match last month but still very good

Hiromu Takahashi vs Taiji Ishimori
- Very solid, lost me in a few places but the last 5 minutes were absolutely phenominal

e:sorry forgot the date

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 27, 2021

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate's Gate of Origin at Sendai Sun Plaza, 11/27

HM: Kagetora vs Takuma Fujiwara
HM: Masaaki Mochizuki vs Ryu Fuda

A fun pair of debuts for some good ol' fashioned Veteran/Young Boy matches. Cool to see Dragon Gate dropping a new kick boy already with Fuda.

HM: Masquerade (Shun Skywalker, Kota Minoura, Jason Lee, Dragon Dia & La Estrella) vs RED (Eita, Kaito Ishida, H・Y・O, Diamante & Dia Inferno)

Heel schmozz stuff aside, these two units can't miss bell to bell, and the ending for this match was one of the most fun things I've seen in wrestling al year Estrella dives out on Diamante, and both knock into the announce table, knocking the mics incredibly close to the announcers, perfectly timed to capture (I think) Kzy's awkwardly loud exclamation of HOLY poo poo to Dia hitting a wicked DDT

MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Title - Natural Vibes (Susumu Yokosuka & King Shimizu) vs DoiYoshi (not that one) (Naruki Doi & Takashi Yoshida)
MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Title - YAMATO vs Ben-K

Dream Gate match was the self-indulgent YAMATO match I was expecting from his Hulk defense. Guess Hulk can't do 30 minute "epics" anymore. Definition of slow burn, but KAI stuff aside, incredibly compelling match by the end.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
13th November
Ice Ribbon #1157
International Ribbon Tag Team Titles
Azure Revolution (Maya Yukihi & Risa Sera) vs Saori Anou & Suzu Suzuki

MOTYC
13th November
Ice Ribbon #1157
ICExInfinity Title
Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Tsukushi Haruka

God it's nice to be hitting MOTYC on an ICExInfinity Match again after a couple months with Fujimoto off to Mexico.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
13th November
Ice Ribbon #1157
ICExInfinity Title
Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Tsukushi Haruka

God it's nice to be hitting MOTYC on an ICExInfinity Match again after a couple months with Fujimoto off to Mexico.

2nd, this match really saved this show for me, which really dragged to a 4 hour length with an exceptionally dead crowd even given the small crowd in a huge building and COVID restrictions.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

2nd, this match really saved this show for me, which really dragged to a 4 hour length with an exceptionally dead crowd even given the small crowd in a huge building and COVID restrictions.

Yeah, I was pretty glad it was cut to 2 hours for SamuraiTV.

Oddly the crowd didn't sound as dead as I expected even if it looked like there were 200 people in a venue that could hold 6000

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate's Gate of Origin at Sendai Sun Plaza, 11/27

HM: Masquerade (Shun Skywalker, Kota Minoura, Jason Lee, Dragon Dia & La Estrella) vs RED (Eita, Kaito Ishida, H・Y・O, Diamante & Dia Inferno)
MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Title - Natural Vibes (Susumu Yokosuka & King Shimizu) vs DoiYoshi (not that one) (Naruki Doi & Takashi Yoshida)
MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Title - YAMATO vs Ben-K
Nth for these.

Leaving out the rookie debuts because I don't think they're quite on the same level and the results were never remotely in doubt, but they're still good and worth checking out. Looking forward to them getting characters/units in 2022.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Book Eddie Kingston vs Keiji Mutoh already you absolute cowards.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Book Eddie Kingston vs Keiji Mutoh already you absolute cowards.

Eddie feels too old for Mutoh better feed him Sammy or MJF instead

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 11/26

HM: Orange Cassidy & Wheeler Yuta vs. Adam Cole & Bobby Fish
HM: Riho vs. Britt Baker
MOTYC: Eddie Kingston vs. Daniel Garcia

Nth, that main event ruled

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Katsuhiko Nakajima (C) vs. Kenoh (C) for the GHC Heavyweight & GHC National Titles - NOAH the Best 11/28

Two friends just brutally beating the poo poo out of each other in increasingly more horrifying ways in their bid to win the other's title and guarantee the main event spot at the big January 1st show at the Budokan Hall. loving incredible stuff, true to the show's name as demonstrating the very best of what NOAH has to offer. Watch this match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Katsuhiko Nakajima (C) vs. Kenoh (C) for the GHC Heavyweight & GHC National Titles - NOAH the Best 11/28

Two friends just brutally beating the poo poo out of each other in increasingly more horrifying ways in their bid to win the other's titles and guarantee the main event spot at the big January 1st show at the Budokan Hall. loving incredible stuff, true to the show's name as demonstrating the very best of what NOAH has to offer. Watch this match.

Big nth. Goddamn that was brutal.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH the BEST November 28th
MOTYC
Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Kenoh (c) - GHC Heavyweight and GHC National Championships
- This was worked slower than their N-1 match, but who gives a gently caress, this loving ruled. N-1 was a taste of violence, this was the full course. Goddamn brutal, these guys are friends and stablemates and they beat the utter poo poo out of each other :stare: :stonk: :stwoon:

This is why I can't stay mad at NOAH. The show was decent outside of the Nosawa match but nothing special, then these two wage war on each other for our amusement. Watch this loving match, please.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Kenoh (c) - GHC Heavyweight and GHC National Championships
- This was worked slower than their N-1 match, but who gives a gently caress, this loving ruled. N-1 was a taste of violence, this was the full course. Goddamn brutal, these guys are friends and stablemates and they beat the utter poo poo out of each other :stare: :stonk: :stwoon:

This is why I can't stay mad at NOAH. The show was decent outside of the Nosawa match but nothing special, then these two wage war on each other for our amusement. Watch this loving match, please.

yes, nth.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Nth, go out of your way to watch this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Two friends just brutally beating the poo poo out of each other in increasingly more horrifying ways in their bid to win the other's title and guarantee the main event spot at the big January 1st show at the Budokan Hall. loving incredible stuff, true to the show's name as demonstrating the very best of what NOAH has to offer. Watch this match.

nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Nth

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
WMOTYC: Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Kenoh (c) for the GHC Heavyweight and GHC National Championships, NOAH the Best, 2021/11/29
I wanted to like this match, believe me, but these champion vs champion winner-takes-all matches are a hard sell because you know very much what the result will be. And I wish it was 60 minutes of good ring action, but it wasn't. None of the limbwork mattered (Kenoh gets his leg worked on, then decides to do multiple PFSs that, y'know, make him put half of his bodyweight on his bad leg), and they just kicked and kicked and kicked and kicked and kicked and kicked and kicked and kicked and kicked and kicked and kicked and kicked and suuuuuuuure those were all great kicks but this is the wrestling equivalent of eating at the Heart Attack Grill for me. This isn't the Kobashi/Sasaki Chop War from NOAH Destiny, nor the Ibushi/Taichi Kick Fight from last year's G1 Climax. Those two matches knew when to end. I love these guys but I can't love this overindulgent main event at all.

No more. Please.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
13th November
NOAH Demolition Stage 2021 in Yokohama
Hajime Ohara vs Yasutaka Yano

This hit just right. One of the best young boy matches I've seen this year, Yano is going to be fantastic

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
MOTYC: HARASHIMA vs Yuji Okabayashi, DDT D-Oh Grand Prix Night 7, 2021/11/21
My personal MOTY so far. HARASHIMA has been winless throughout the D-Oh, and Okabayashi needs the win to stay in the tournament. They're tag team partners. Friends. I did not see the time-limit draw coming. This is the best time-limit draw match I've seen, as nowhere did I think they were actually going to draw. Also holy poo poo that eye blood

The best part is you can watch it for free on DDT's Youtube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFTeG18u-kI

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
13th November
NOAH Demolition Stage 2021 in Yokohama
GHC National Title
Masaaki Mochizuki vs Kenoh

King poo poo. Love my kick boys

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Nth, Jesus loving Christ. I think Kenoh had some teeth broken in that match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
14th November
DDT D-Ou Grand Prix 2021 Night 6
B Block
HARASHIMA vs Konosuke Takeshita

MOTYC
14th November
DDT D-Ou Grand Prix 2021 Night 6
B Block
Kazusada Higuchi vs Yuji Okabayashi

Do android's dream of electric beef? If they did it'd be this. This is very electric beef.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW World Tag League/Best of The Super Juniors Night 12 November 29th
HM
Master Wato vs SHO
- 95% of this match was very entertaining, it was only in the finishing sequence where SHO really let it down with his nonsense

El Desperado vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
- After the wet fart of the last match's ending this was just good clean fun between stablemates. They teased us at the beginning into thinking it'd be bullshit but then they strapped on their working boots.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
23rd November
AEW Rampage
Adam Cole & Bobby Fish vs Best Friends (Orange Cassidy & Wheeler Yuta)

HM
23rd November
AEW Rampage
Daniel Garcia vs Eddie Kingston

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Rampage 26/11

HM: Adam Cole & Bobby Fish vs Orange Cassidy & Wheeler Yuta

HM: Eddie Kingston vs Daniel Garcia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
14th November
NJPW World Tag League Night 1
Dangerous Tekkers (Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr) vs Suzukigun (Minoru Suzuki & TAKA Michinoku)

Thought I'd look in on a couple matches from the current Nooj tour. This obviously slaps because all Suzukigun matches are good. But this has the additional of Taichi clearly feeling abandoned by his bestie & Suzuki, as the masterful leader of men he is, has decided these fuckers need to fight it out.

Exactly what it needed to be.