Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Throatwarbler posted:

https://www.fixthemask.com/

This seems pretty neat and I want to try it out but not enough to pay $15 +$5 S/H to do so.

don't buy bits of plastic to work with random lovely masks, buy good masks that meet 95% filtration standards. your jury rigged lovely mask is going to have unknown filtration and be harder to breathe through. just loving buy good masks.

https://www.industrialsafetyproducts.com/3m-9210-aura-n95-particulate-respirator-niosh-approved/ with code BF2021 or you can a slightly different version from the home depot paint section

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

mawarannahr posted:

Someone behind me has a cough :) hope they feel better soon.

Inshallah.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Saucer Hovers posted:

so hosed they wont let you fly in a respirator

hosed up & evil yes

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003

LMAO

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Lmao meanwhile in Australia I can't even get a good poutine because cheese curds are illegal.

I have good news!
They’re no longer banned, you can eat all the curds you want here Canadian friend

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1465165804035530756

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

Someone behind me has a cough :) hope they feel better soon.

Lmao, omg. You're better off going now than at the end of the week, though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Omnicarus posted:

Australia really tackling the big societal menaces there eh?

They're trying to make online trolling illegal now. I'm in danger.

The PM's Facebook post replies about it were nothing but trolling though lmao

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

lmao, are we going to have a 250k day on tuesday with 3k deaths as the backlog catches up?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

jetz0r posted:

don't buy bits of plastic to work with random lovely masks, buy good masks that meet 95% filtration standards. your jury rigged lovely mask is going to have unknown filtration and be harder to breathe through. just loving buy good masks.

https://www.industrialsafetyproducts.com/3m-9210-aura-n95-particulate-respirator-niosh-approved/ with code BF2021 or you can a slightly different version from the home depot paint section

We really need to put together a scale of reputable, effective masks from "normieflage" N95s to "full Bane" elastomerics + kid options and whatnot. It's been almost two years, masks are a solved problem at this point and there's definitely thread recommendations. We should compile them.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
Same shape as a va

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

and so it all comes back to christmas trees

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Helith posted:

I have good news!
They’re no longer banned, you can eat all the curds you want here Canadian friend

Oh sheeeit. Now Australia just has to get bacon that isn't, ironically, Canadian bacon.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hmm, I'm seeing a lot of greebles on that dreadnought.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

jetz0r posted:

lmao, are we going to have a 250k day on tuesday with 3k deaths as the backlog catches up?

Historically, a one day holiday (like labor day) takes at least a week to catch up, so Thanksgiving is even worse. I wouldn't expect solid numbers til mid next week

It's funny to see death average below 1k though due to this

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Japan Times is reporting it

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/11/29/national/japan-omicron-alert-level/

quote:

Japan plans to effectively close borders to new entries of foreign nationals, including business travelers, foreign students and foreign interns, government sources said Monday, as fears of the new variant grow.

Idk anything about the japan times but at a glance they seem like they might be kinda lovely wrt ww2 stuff, but not a rag

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

By definition, the strain that broke out in Wuhan can't have had zero mutations - otherwise it wouldn't have been able to infect humans at all.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

OK baizuo posted:

Japan Times is reporting it

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/11/29/national/japan-omicron-alert-level/

Idk anything about the japan times but at a glance they seem like they might be kinda lovely wrt ww2 stuff, but not a rag

The bnonews guys reported it too, which they are just aggregations, but they are pretty decent and will at least modicum of effort screen stuff

Edit: Nikkei and Jerusalem post now as well

Brogeoisie fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 29, 2021

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

nice all those mutations will surely help it be less virulent

mystes
May 31, 2006

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

By definition, the strain that broke out in Wuhan can't have had zero mutations - otherwise it wouldn't have been able to infect humans at all.
What are you taking about, also they mean the number of mutations from the Wuhan strain so by definition that's zero

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Yeah but if humans and bats had zero mutations, we would still be a small shrew‐like animal in the time of the dinosaurs.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

omicron is a nothingburger

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

The Saucer Hovers posted:

so hosed they wont let you fly in a respirator

its not their fault, respirators lack both wings and a means of propulsion

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

mystes posted:

What are you taking about, also they mean the number of mutations from the Wuhan strain so by definition that's zero
Then there's no reason to specifically indicate that there's zero mutations.

Platystemon posted:

Yeah but if humans and bats had zero mutations, we would still be a small shrew‐like animal in the time of the dinosaurs.
Shrew-like animals seem to be doing pretty well for themselves.

mystes
May 31, 2006

blatman posted:

its not their fault, respirators lack both wings and a means of propulsion
What if they have an exhaust valve and you breath really hard

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Platystemon posted:

sounds great

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ahahaha
Scientists: We can make a new vaccine in 100 days for any variant that pops up
Corona-Chan Omicron: 100 days? i don't think you understand. lets see you deal with a new variant every hour! :ssj:

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So we have Japan and Israel, two countries with high rates of vaccination of mrna vaccines, closing borders

:thunk:

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
So when did the thread get wise to the KPIX doctor lady they always bring on?

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

OK baizuo posted:

So we have Japan and Israel, two countries with high rates of vaccination of mrna vaccines, closing borders

obviously they just need to accept that covid zero is not possible, live their lives and get therapy

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

OK baizuo posted:

I mean I'm as doomer as the rest of this thread, but I also think it's worth noting those are also two countries with super old populations.
It's possible their data is showing that Omicron is vaccine evading, but it seems almost more probable in some ways that the data is showing it's the straight up boomer remover.

We've already established governments don't care about the masses dying. But if the elderly elite die? Maybe that will spook them.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Helith posted:

I have good news!

lol they were banned? i've had poutine a bunch years ago

(it sucks)

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Lmao meanwhile in Australia I can't even get a good poutine because cheese curds are illegal.

wut?

what the hell?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shadowhand00 posted:

So when did the thread get wise to the KPIX doctor lady they always bring on?

Late September is when it really picked up.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
why does this guy wanna eat cheese turds?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Why Am I So Tired posted:

With the partner thing it's a lot harder, and I have no idea how people are having mixed-COVID-response marriages. My wife isn't following things quite as closely as I am and occasionally she gets angry and calls the respirator / our degree of isolation psychotic, but when it comes down it, she's never once put me at risk and she wore the respirator for the riskiest thing either of has done (drive my MIL's car back from the shop with the windows down after 24+ hours of the shop having worked on it). I'm thankful every day. I would not be able to be married to someone anywhere on the Open Biden spectrum.

From many pages ago, but I can't really see mixed-COVID-response households making sense in any fashion. My housemate was getting really antsy this summer and grumping about how cautious I still was, but we worked out seeing how things went through the end of this upcoming winter, and that was the end of the disagreement.

Then B.1.617.2 and friends came along and she :crackping:ed.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Judakel posted:

why does this guy wanna eat cheese turds?
The real question is, why don't you?

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I mean I'm as doomer as the rest of this thread, but I also think it's worth noting those are also two countries with super old populations.
It's possible their data is showing that Omicron is vaccine evading, but it seems almost more probable in some ways that the data is showing it's the straight up boomer remover.

We've already established governments don't care about the masses dying. But if the elderly elite die? Maybe that will spook them.

That's a good point and seems like the most likely explanation, i guess we'll find out in the next couple weeks! :crackping:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Rutibex posted:

ahahaha
Scientists: We can make a new vaccine in 100 days for any variant that pops up
Corona-Chan Omicron: 100 days? i don't think you understand. lets see you deal with a new variant every hour! :ssj:

nani?!