Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Qmass posted:

don't think you are meant to get this high

Smoke weed everyday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I discovered all of the regions and points of interest, and have over 500 roads discovered. However, I'm still missing 49 signs (both XP and fast travel) and there aren't any more undiscovered ones on my minimap.

Is there anything else that makes them show up on the map, or do I just have to hunt around?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

WhiteHowler posted:

I discovered all of the regions and points of interest, and have over 500 roads discovered. However, I'm still missing 49 signs (both XP and fast travel) and there aren't any more undiscovered ones on my minimap.

Is there anything else that makes them show up on the map, or do I just have to hunt around?

You have to hunt around (for a location map online)

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

WhiteHowler posted:

Loads of them are far enough from roads that you have to go hooning around off-road to get them to show.

Or yeah, find a map.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

WhiteHowler posted:

Yep you can look online for a pic of all the boards and use that to check against what has been revealed in your game, or you can buy the "treasure map" from the store that auto-populates your map with all remaining boards.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Zeether posted:

Shout out to basically nobody playing arcade.

They'd better be working on a surprise mega patch. Lots of broken poo poo for a tad too long now.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

They released it like 3 weeks ago and are probably busting rear end on server stability and bug fixes lol. What do expect them to have

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Control Volume posted:

They released it like 3 weeks ago and are probably busting rear end on server stability and bug fixes lol. What do expect them to have

Don't forget we just had a major holiday in the US so it's more like 2 weeks of effort put into fixes.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Also it's hellworld, let's give everyone a break

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I mean, it's better than the bad old days when standard practice after releasing a game was the entire company went on vacation for a month, or 3 months if they're european. At least the industry generally factors in the need to support games directly after release now.

"What's that? Tons of bugs in our new game? Welp... good luck with that. We'll look at fixing it in several months when we're all back from the Seychelles."

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Babe Magnet posted:

if you do it three times total you get another car (Savannah RX7), and that car has a skill buy to get another free car (Hoonie Twerkstallion)

Aw is this random or something? I did two sets and third one shows a wheelspin for the reward. All but one was a "drive fast car in straight line" that I downvoted booo.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

teh_Broseph posted:

Aw is this random or something? I did two sets and third one shows a wheelspin for the reward. All but one was a "drive fast car in straight line" that I downvoted booo.

It’s actually an accolade for doing the super7 three times, go check there. Also, you need LOTS of skill points to get car rewards in the mastery trees, they cost 50 and are usually on the top row, so it’s gonna be like 70 points total usually

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

teh_Broseph posted:

It's an accolade reward, so it's something you can claim in addition to the regular Super 7 reward. You're good.

text
Mar 12, 2011

teh_Broseph posted:

Think it's an accolade reward

Three goons can't be wrong

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

teh_Broseph posted:

It's an accolade for completing three sets, not an actual reward from the thing. So you'll get the wheelspin AND the RX7!

efb x3

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

You didn’t make the podium, but hey, you’ll still bank some good points in the posting championship

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

super fart shooter posted:

It’s actually an accolade for doing the super7 three times, go check there. Also, you need LOTS of skill points to get car rewards in the mastery trees, they cost 50 and are usually on the top row, so it’s gonna be like 70 points total usually

Pro tip for anyone looking to farm up a bunch of skill points for these: leave the radio on the classical music station. The tracks are much longer, so the skill song bonuses last longer as well. I had one the other night that went for ~8 minutes, and I racked up over a million skill points giving me a shitload of masteries.

Zeether posted:

Holy poo poo I am so frustrated at the seasonal street scene event. I'm never getting the Subaru at this rate and I'll have to bank money to get it from the auction house instead. gently caress tunnel run so much.

I hate to recommend anybody ever visit Reddit, but each week the /r/forza sub has a sticky thread for people to discuss the weekly events. There's 2-3 people who post there every week with reliable car/tune combinations for each event, and they've never really let me down. The person I follow is PaperHeartZero, they prioritise handling over raw speed (unless necessary) and often give tips on how to complete in a particular car (eg "using this tune the AI will outpace you up the hills, but you'll fly past in the corners since you never have to brake"). Totally understand if you'd prefer to roll your own combos etc, but that's what works for me.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Ahh gotcha, cool I'll do that 3rd set of driving cars in a line, thanks thanks thanks and thanks. Was thinking bout trying to turn an rx7 into a dirt monster, be nice to have another one.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Goddamn the seasonal playground poo poo is so awful. At least it's over quickly because people quit immediately upon thinking they're going to lose because they still don't realize that they get the festival points even if their team loses.

I don't understand how someone at Microsoft keeps thinking they should bribe people to play modes they don't like. Ah well guess it's better than the way Halo Infinite is doing it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I was going round posting some clean rivals laps for accolades and hit 2nd place on Caldera Scramble. Decided to put some effort in -

It's a really nice little track, the corners have a great flow. #240 on the global feels pretty nice.

Skiant
Mar 10, 2013

Convex posted:

Very much that.
The game is nowhere near broken like New World or that GTA trilogy edition or what not.

There's a few things to fix for sure but hey, the devs have been very likely crunching while also handling the pandemic like everyone else. We can chill out.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I do look at it very much as if it will only get better from here.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Skiant posted:

Very much that.
The game is nowhere near broken like New World or that GTA trilogy edition or what not.

There's a few things to fix for sure but hey, the devs have been very likely crunching while also handling the pandemic like everyone else. We can chill out.

the gta trilogy is offensively bad

those games deserve so fuckin much better

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Convex posted:

absolutely. im raising peoples spirits in-game by racing tomantons mini tune and holding down the banjo kazooie horn

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

How do I claim the daily wheelspin for buying Hotel Castillo?

I got a notification about it minutes after posting this. lol at me.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 29, 2021

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Doing online races and watching people disconnect when you use the Incoming Microsoft Teams Call horn is endlessly funny.

And yeah I agree that although there's plenty of bugs (particularly in the seasonal stuff), the internet blows things way out of proportion and it's not really that bad. There's a colossal amount of game to play that isn't affected by bugs, and there's still awesome moments to be had.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I can't get the rest of the points for the 22B because I haven't unlocked the trial yet.

This sucks.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Zeether posted:

I can't get the rest of the points for the 22B because I haven't unlocked the trial yet.

This sucks.

I got it without doing the trial by doing everything except "knockout 2 people in one Eliminator session" and a couple of the weekly challenges.

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

lol cubivore i feel really bad about your time i just beat on the coast run street race A, i was a bit slow on the last few turns because i hadn't practiced them much and i saw your ghost catching up to me like crazy so i panicked and just jammed the accelerator and launched forward, which caused me to hit some garbage on the side of the road and lose control and spin out sideways across the finish

ending up beating you by .06 but i do not deserve that run in particular LMAO i wish i had recording on for that one

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

webmeister posted:

I finished the Reasonably Priced Cars one in the 1987 Firebird Trans Am GTA with the following tune: 154 676 586 (not mine)

I found it super easy, so maybe give that one a shot?

This helped me finish that challenge, thanks! :hfive:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GreatGreen posted:

I'm pretty sure I did the engine swap to whatever the most powerful one was, then upgraded the individual components as much as possible. I followed Don Joewon Song's video detailing it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP4aQqJwDP4
Ok well I watched him drive and now I feel very "We're stupid and we're gonna die." Watching the stunts he was doing was cool, but when he did that one race with a perfect skill-chain, breezing through a 90-degree turn backwards and then I realized he was setting up his drift for upcoming 90-degree turns at loving 160 mph and crack *ping* why do I try?

Looks like fun.

I've been liking my downloaded vinyls like crazy and if you've got a tune I'm using I've hopefully liked that as well. If not I am going through the #organizing channel at the discord and will be grabbing and liking everything posted in there to date. If anyone cares to do likewise we'd all be grateful. Trying to pay the Kudos forward!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Eliminator is completely hosed, just had one where I honked at two cars for a good thirty seconds without getting a challenge before a level 10 swooped in and instantly challenged me, followed bu two rounds getting eliminated by invisible players. Fix your poo poo before putting it in the weekly challenges Microsoft

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

apologies for the reddit but be careful out there goons

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
even if that's real (and i'll take an entire shaker of salt for that if) i don't know if they should be so surprised an elaborate 'nuke this country' skin got punished

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

It's very much real, from my understanding there are a ton of creators catching bans left and right for stupid poo poo. People are getting banned for making anime liveries and apparently even recreating alcohol logos / 420 jokes / 69 jokes are resulting in bans lately.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Emerald Circuit A:

No way I'm getting 51 without figuring out at least one of "tuning" or "gears" or "analog controls", someone give me a more middling target to chase kthx

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Jenny Agutter posted:

apologies for the reddit but be careful out there goons

:rip: that livery was amazing.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the bot they use to flag liveries for bans is very, very stupid, and if they even have a real person verifying and rubber stamping what the bot flags, that person is also very stupid.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

This weeks trial is awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

flatluigi posted:

even if that's real (and i'll take an entire shaker of salt for that if) i don't know if they should be so surprised an elaborate 'nuke this country' skin got punished
it is obviously taking the piss out of NKs (i.e kim's) goal of getting nukes, not for NK to be nuked. and its an especially benign joke to ban someone over.