Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

DigitalRaven posted:

This is your lightning round #1 gift, and I'm very glad I got the right thing for you.

In related news: CHEER HAS ARRIVED!

This is brilliant, I've had my eye on it for a while now but never pulled the trigger. It arrived early enough that I could get a solo game in during my lunch break and I really like how it plays. Thank you, Santa!

Need DigitalRaven's Santee who sent this to fess up, here or in private, so I can tell if this is from DR's main round or lightning round Santa. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lightning cheer deployed

Regular cheer still awaiting components

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Not sure who sent it but this came in today!

Thanks mystery goon!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I ventured far and wide and with the aid of woodland animals I discovered a parcel for me from Amazon (at my neighbours house)

A gift from santa!

Everdell! It's an incredibly charming tableau builder. Now I know it's for Christmas but I tog I should check it works first

Huge thank you to my secret santa, its something I would not have purchased for myself but I was interested in.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
I received a small box tucked in my door

obviously from Santa #2!

inside was a poor tree, chopped to pieces and put into plastic, clearly a sign of our encroachment upon nature.

I made my amends to nature and reassembled this Spirit of the Forest.

Thank you Santa #2 for allowing this holiday miracle.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Thanks mystery goon!

It was me, I was the turkey the whole time. Hope you have fun painting those guys!

Also sorry about the lack of labeling, Amazon didn't give me gift options this year.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Thanks mystery goon!

Oh drat, I forgot I liked those dudes. Should have mentioned that and needing figures for Zona Alfa in my post

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Also, I have ordered my Lightning Round Gift. Away, parcels of cheer!

And Santee #2's gift has shipped per the shipper.

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 29, 2021

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

DigitalRaven posted:

This is your lightning round #1 gift, and I'm very glad I got the right thing for you.

In related news: CHEER HAS ARRIVED!

This is brilliant, I've had my eye on it for a while now but never pulled the trigger. It arrived early enough that I could get a solo game in during my lunch break and I really like how it plays. Thank you, Santa!

Glad you like it! That's part 1 of 3 for the Lightning Round, so expect more coming in on Thursday (apparently).

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Yeah, I'd like to get in on Lighting Round#2

Reposting:

WereGoat posted:

Gift preferences:
I'm looking to do a lancer game in the future so something useful for that could be nice- mech minis received as a gift in R1! or like art reference books for either mechs or general sci-fi stuff would be great.

Boardgames are cool, eurogame style seems to go down well with the group, and I've been thinking about picking up that Dune boardgame, but I've also been eyeing up the MicroMacro: Crime City which looks really fun.

RPG wise, (for some reason this is split into 2 lists? 1 2) zine sized mini-games or the like, either lightweight systems or ones with cool settings that can be exported.

General location: England

Solemn vow: No Grinches here. Nope. None.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 1, 2021

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Picked up a strange package today & inside was:

A report on the swamp dragon expedition (thank you, I was worried, but please keep searching)
A rubbing of a strange inscription wishing merry tidings to someone named "XMAS"
Two things from Sandy Pug Games: a queer trash punk wizard zine (awesome) & Disposable Heroes, a gig worker card RPG (can't wait to goad my group into playing)
Sketches of a swamp purveyor & local curio the sleeping king
A coin, stickers, and a curious rock!

Thank you so much! This is way more than I was expecting and the worldbuilding is amazing!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
post the rock

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

The Bloop posted:

post the rock

As requested:

Seems sedimentary, with little impressions. Also the third rock I've received as a gift in the past week, which is weird but cool.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Gift has been shipped, possibly a week until its arrival!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Charles Get-Out posted:

Thank you so much! This is way more than I was expecting and the worldbuilding is amazing!

You're very welcome! There's another thing on the way but I'm not sure when it'll arrive, hopefully soon!

Edit: I picked that rock up in an abandoned copper mine in Arizona if that helps at all in identifying it! I just liked how smooth and heavy it was.

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 30, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Charles Get-Out posted:

As requested:

Seems sedimentary, with little impressions. Also the third rock I've received as a gift in the past week, which is weird but cool.

It is mostly out of focus, but based on what I can see, that could be an igneous rock - a very finely-crystalline groundmass with small phenocrysts. I'd need a clear view to be more sure.

e. could also be sedimentary, and could also be a piece of concrete or similar (that is, a manmade not-rock).

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Further cheer has arrived! And it's beautifully wrapped

I almost didn't want to open it, I wanted to stick it under a tree, wait for the snow to fall and the robins to sing and a dodgy fat bloke in a red suit to climb down my nonexistent chimney, as he takes a break from startling young children...

then I remembered I have no impulse control whatsoever.

Thank you so much, Santa! That's incredible, I'm blown away. I can't wait to get this on the table.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Cheer has now been deployed :toot:

DHL wasn't able to give me a delivery estimate for my out-of-the-country santee due to covid, but I hope it arrives no later than next week? Either way I'll be watching the tracking like a hawk.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

It is mostly out of focus, but based on what I can see, that could be an igneous rock - a very finely-crystalline groundmass with small phenocrysts. I'd need a clear view to be more sure.

e. could also be sedimentary, and could also be a piece of concrete or similar (that is, a manmade not-rock).

It looks like a Cliff Bar.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Still waiting on the last piece for Santee Prime but I want to get in on at least one of the lightning rounds.

Bucnasti posted:

I wanna make someone's holiday merry.

Gift Preferences:
I love Chewbacca and Orks.
I recently moved into a house and my walls are in need of decorations
I paint miniatures but I think I've got enough of them unpainted already (I mean unless they're really fuckin weird), I'm getting into making terrain so any neat bits and bobs for that would be cool
I play RPGs and board games, so accessories for either would be fun.
I don't like beer or coffee and I don't eat sweets anymore

Be creative, I tend to just buy any generally available stuff I want/need. Or if you've international send me something I can't find in the US.

Vow:
Grinchin' is for suckas

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

thegodofchuck posted:

I received a small box tucked in my door

obviously from Santa #2!

inside was a poor tree, chopped to pieces and put into plastic, clearly a sign of our encroachment upon nature.

I made my amends to nature and reassembled this Spirit of the Forest.

Thank you Santa #2 for allowing this holiday miracle.

I’m glad you like it! You should be receiving the other parts of my gifts now (says delivered). One part of it may not make sense, but once your other gifts come in from us, it should be obvious :)

I’m glad that Reaper actually wrote something on the package, because there wasn’t any gift options lol

Kwyndig posted:

It was me, I was the turkey the whole time. Hope you have fun painting those guys!

Also sorry about the lack of labeling, Amazon didn't give me gift options this year.

That's okay! I'm just excited to have more stuff to play with.

Wrr posted:

Oh drat, I forgot I liked those dudes. Should have mentioned that and needing figures for Zona Alfa in my post

The only comment I'd make is the models themselves are a little messier than I expected, coming from GW. Not sure why, though it's not a big deal.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 1, 2021

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Just placed my order - should arrive well before the 22nd!

ETA: I'd also like to join a lightning round, vat ze hell.

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

Hello gang. I have had an absolute nightmare of a year or two, but it's come back around in a big way in this last quarter. Here's hoping for a brighter 2022.

Gift Preferences: Right now I'm looking at either WFRP4e (anything, I have none of it! I like the starter set and the corebook and GM screen, but anything is good) or Free League's Alien RPG (I have the corebook and the starter set but would LOVE supplements, GM screen, etc.). If neither of those are options, I also like minis - AoS, Reaper Bones, those D&D and Pathfinder ones that are in every FLGS, just anything that's fun to paint.

Location: South of Walmart Hell and North of University Hell, Arkansas

Vow: I swear on the Sacred Siegfried Oath that I shall not Grinch. And as you all the, the penalty for breaking the Sacred Siegfried Oath is dess.

Since my list is somewhat specific, you may ask The Bossman to coordinate regarding things I'm already getting. :hmmyes:

sasha_d3ath fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Dec 1, 2021

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

e: oops

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Aramoro posted:

I loved doing this last year so sign me up again.

Gift Preferences

Boardgames in general, here's my BGG profile which has my collection so you can see what kind of terrible nerd I am. I know there are things on there which I do not say I own, those are things my friends own by in large. Things which are great 2 player that I can play with my wife are great or I have a board game group which is good for anything but ideal if it was 5+ players. But any player count is good. I'll play anything though really.

General Location : UK :scotland: Happy to ship anywhere though.

Solemn Vow: I will never grinch someone.

I've cleared my feet a bit so I would be down for Lightning Round 2.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Dec 1, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK that makes... ten, but I'm gonna include both of you in Round 2, rather than kick a new round off just for maybe two of you. So you're both in, but TK you gotta send me the email today please!

I'll get Round 2 assignments out today, and as of this post, :frogsiren:LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 3 GO GO GO:frogsiren: if it happens but if 2 or fewer people sign up for it then it probably won't so just be aware thanks.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Yet further cheer has arrived! I'm guessing that it's the other elements to go with One Deck Dungeon, so they're all in the same shot.

An excellent book of solo games that I hadn't come across before, and some dongs! Excellent!

Let this be a lesson: sometimes, if you ask for dongs, you get them, and that's not always a bad thing

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I’m glad you like it! You should be receiving the other parts of my gifts now (says delivered). One part of it may not make sense, but once your other gifts come in from us, it should be obvious :)

I’m glad that Reaper actually wrote something on the package, because there wasn’t any gift options lol

That's okay! I'm just excited to have more stuff to play with.

The only comment I'd make is the models themselves are a little messier than I expected, coming from GW. Not sure why, though it's not a big deal.

Speaking of which...

Santa #2 #2

Blame #2 (lots of #2s here), sequel to last TGSS, and True to Nature incense with a giant tree on it, which, prior to the mysterious post above, I thought was a reference to the Treeman.

But apparently there is another plot afoot (which I guess is good, since the Treeman needs some feet, he's kinda stumpy).

Thanks, Santa GreenBuckanneer!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

I'll get Round 2 assignments out today, and as of this post, :frogsiren:LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 3 GO GO GO:frogsiren: if it happens but if 2 or fewer people sign up for it then it probably won't so just be aware thanks.

Aw, what the heck, I’ll sign up for round 3, too, to help make sure it happens! Copying earlier post:

ibntumart posted:

Awesome possum! Here goes:

Gift Preferences:
(Note: I l love physical books, but digital is A-OK, too)

• Dune: Absolutely love Dune and have since I was a teen. (I refuse to acknowledge the prequels’ existence, but do have a perverse love for the Lynch movie.) I do have pretty much any printed Dune materials, but any Dune Knick-knacks would be much appreciated!
  • Lord of the Rings: Pretty much anything from books, artwork, t-shirts, figures, etc. Bookwise, I own the trilogy, Hobbit, Silmarillion, and Turin books. edit: GW Middle Earth Strategy books are cool, too! Been hearing good things about but not sure where to start
  • RPGs: Quirky indies are always fun. I’m interested in GUMSHOE horror RPGs: I have Trail of Cthulhu and the Yellow King rule books, plus the Arkham Files, but that’s pretty much it. Sci-if RPGs not based on licensed properties would be cool, too. ( Just throwing I would alsolove a copy of The One Ring Oaths of the Riddermark, but not getting my hopes up!)
  • Photography: I’ve been meaning to learn how to take proper photos, any practical beginner level photography materials would be nifty.
  • Fountain Pens: Inks, stationary, washi tape, journals, sealing wax, and other such nonsense are dear to my often ink-stained hands.
  • Languages: I will never tire of grammars, dictionaries, phrase books, etc. in other languages. I do want to up my Korean study and also work on Chinese characters, but honestly any non-Indo-European language is fun!
  • Comestibles: Snacks, beers, chocos, candies, and other delicacies are always ravenously shoved down my Goon gullet savored with care and refinement
  • edit:Dice: Anything cool or wonderfully weird, really (D10s and D20s especially)

Vow of Utmost Solemnity:
I must not grinch. Grinching is the TGSS killer. Grinching is the little-dickishness that brings total disappointment. I will face my Ralphie. I will permit presents to ship from me and Amazon. And when they have shipped, I will turn the inner eye to see their tracking numbers. Where the gifts have gone, there will be nothing grinched. Only Ralphie’s gifts will remain.

(So yeah, I won’t be a Grinch, promise!)

Edited because I am a dummy who forgot a couple of things

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 6, 2021

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

One of Santa's helpers dropped by today and what's this?

A gift for me!

It's Mysterium Park! I love the Mysterium games, I have Mysterium, Obscurio, Dixit so I am super happy to get Mysterium Park! I'll be calling my friends and family bellends for not begin able to get my clues in no time.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 1, 2021

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

DigitalRaven posted:

Yet further cheer has arrived! I'm guessing that it's the other elements to go with One Deck Dungeon, so they're all in the same shot.

An excellent book of solo games that I hadn't come across before, and some dongs! Excellent!

Let this be a lesson: sometimes, if you ask for dongs, you get them, and that's not always a bad thing

Glad that all parts of the Lightning Round gift has arrived now! The solo game book looked really cool, so I hope you enjoy it. And the dongs are a TGSS traditional now, since I sent you the same as part of a gift last year (IIRC). Regardless, happy Christmas!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Rid posted:

Glad that all parts of the Lightning Round gift has arrived now! The solo game book looked really cool, so I hope you enjoy it. And the dongs are a TGSS traditional now, since I sent you the same as part of a gift last year (IIRC). Regardless, happy Christmas!

Oh, of course! Sorry, I didn't remember who sent last year's dongs, but I'm so glad you remembered. This is totally a TGSS tradition now.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There will be a delay in getting bonus round 2 assignments out, because I had an important question for one participant regarding their needs. I'll get matchups emailed out tomorrow at the latest. Thanks for your patience!

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
A package came in and so many have been coming in lately I was halfway done opening it before I realized I didn't order this haha. It's a Keyforge storage box! It's got 4 nice wooden deck boxes and token storage. It was shot at with Lasers! :hellyeah:

Thanks thegodofchuck!

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Finally got my email sent, sorry for holding up the line!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

Main Round gift Part 2 shipped this morning, and PostNL says it will be delivered late next week. Part 1, which seems to be taking its sweet time, should be arriving at some point the week after that.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Aramoro posted:

One of Santa's helpers dropped by today and what's this?

A gift for me!

It's Mysterium Park! I love the Mysterium games, I have Mysterium, Obscurio, Dixit so I am super happy to get Mysterium Park! I'll be calling my friends and family bellends for not begin able to get my clues in no time.

I'm glad you like it! I went off of your rankings and saw Mysterium was way up there! There's one more gift coming, hopefully it's up your alley too.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Chekans 3 16 posted:

A package came in and so many have been coming in lately I was halfway done opening it before I realized I didn't order this haha. It's a Keyforge storage box! It's got 4 nice wooden deck boxes and token storage. It was shot at with Lasers! :hellyeah:

Thanks thegodofchuck!

I had to flip a coin between a really cool one for just a couple decks or a lot for mass storage and I was distracted by the shiny pew-pew of this one. I hope it works out for your favorite decks!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
A new gift has arrived from rydiafan!

It's a mysterious box, a relative of a dice bag.

Whoa, a cool treasure chest! I'm sure those teeth on the box weren't indicative of anything suspicious.

Oh no! My precious fingers!

I'd better feed it!

Thanks, rydiafan!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Glad you like it. Your D20s seem enthused as well!

I have to give credit to GreenBuckaneer. I reached out to your main round Santas to make sure I didn't duplicate, but GB went above and beyond with a list of "almost bought" and this one was too cool not to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah I saw it after the fact, I wanted to make sure one of you guys ended up at least considering it. I thought it was super cool

edit: I hope my LR santee gets their gifts soon, I mailed it a week ago and it should be there by now, since I got 2 day and shipped it about a week ago... (unfortunately I can't find the tracking number cause the darn USPS guy gave me the receipt before I could email it to myself and now can't find the darn paper) :ohdear:

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Dec 3, 2021