Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the last one is the one that most interests me because you'd figure there would be SOME lawyer in SDNY who figured they could ride that into higher political office, but no, they've absolutely given up on doing anything

there's probably a pretty good story there

Money crimes was always the easiest thing to go after him for but there is zero appetite for it because nobody in power wants politicians to get punished for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Hmm yes but have you considered that this information can't be considered reliable since CNBC and CNN are competitors for the same viewers?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Jazerus posted:

why the gently caress did they name a variant "omicron"

our timeline has been operating on narrative logic since the escalator and humanity being destroyed by "the omicron plague" is post-apocalyptic sci-fi as gently caress

they're saving omega for when the real doomsday variant show up.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Fucker literally ran on "nothing will fundamentally change" where are people getting this swing big bullshit

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Some Guy TT posted:

good news for democrats in the senate

https://mobile.twitter.com/PollTrackerUSA/status/1465023172072382468

a poll that isnt complete dogshit yet

There is just no way the Dems are going to win a senate seat in NC in a republican wave year unless the Republican candidate lights themselves on fire with "dead girl/live boy" stuff.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

I feel so bad for these guys. Best Selling toddler stumbling around in the dark, desperately trying to understand what's going on without any idea of something like a "ruling class"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

openmicron biden

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

Fucker literally ran on "nothing will fundamentally change" where are people getting this swing big bullshit

The same place "Joe Biden, healer, empath, never lied once" comes from. It got workshopped in the media as a way to market him and they just convinced themselves it was true

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
lol that these people will never understand that the president cannot suffer any potential consequences post-presidency, that might actually make them not want to do the evil poo poo that this country does to prop itself up which is a bridge too far

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

[Biden, shamblingly]: my fellow amerifriends, today we have, for the first time, shut down the Em, the Manual--excuse me. The Annual Macron birus

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1465427345960054788

My dude have you even seen the kind of feral hogs we vote for in Arkansas why would you make it easier

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/burgessev/status/1465423626186940434

Parliamentarian is now one of the strongest positions in government

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/nataliesurely/status/1465370449517461520

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
:rubby:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

The same place "Joe Biden, healer, empath, never lied once" comes from. It got workshopped in the media as a way to market him and they just convinced themselves it was true

They're so desperate to believe that Biden is the opposite of Trump in every way, and not just another well-off white geriatric racist moron with a lust for power.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
People think that Biden is talking about doing too much for them and are mad about that. Not that he hasn't actually done anything for them that actually impacted their lives at all.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

There is nothing in the article that indicates he used CNN's time.

Cuomo has been in the media long before his time with CNN. He's also the son of a former governor and the word "sources" could mean a lot of different things. One must read comprehensively. I agree with you that CNN will have a concern as to how this looks. I watch his show quite often and I've felt that he and CNN are close to parting ways anyway. This may be the clincher.

All I'm saying is that it is very suspicious to me that the person who was in charge of Andrew Cuomo's investigation, and due to that investigation he subsequently resigned, is now running for governor herself. I'm sure that won't be wildly popular here, but that's my opinion.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol tx demonrats

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Yes, it's true, Biden's presidency feels just like when the handyman comes over and he's just too handsome and his dick is too big. Also he is very smart

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

how does that even follow lol

the op is saying wages should be high enough that 1 person can support a family

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

:dementia:

Yet senior Democratic strategists remain concerned that the White House has not shown enough urgency in making the party’s case before the midterms, including a more aggressive public schedule by Biden.

:dementia:

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.

Lord of Pie posted:

My dude have you even seen the kind of feral hogs we vote for in Arkansas why would you make it easier

new york? drat they ought to elect some democrats there to fix that!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

idiots still think it's about messaging instead of about doing:

Much of the meeting centered on Democratic messaging and the party’s struggles to sell its agenda, according to multiple people with direct knowledge of the conversation who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private discussions.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

Much of the meeting centered on Democratic messaging and the party’s struggles to sell its agenda, according to multiple people with direct knowledge of the conversation who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private discussions.

they’re struggling to sell the agenda to their own party members lol.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lord of Pie posted:

Bernie you bitch I live in Ohio what can I do about it you’re a senator stop tweeting and maybe do something

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Nonsense posted:

lol tx demonrats

The only thing Matthew had going for him was the cool factor, which would've been enough. Beto is not cool and never will be. Cool is not transferable, so an endorsement does nothing for Beto. Lebron James brought a professional sports championship to Ohio after how many years? He endorsed Hillary and Trump still won Ohio.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

where is the video of this???

During her first event just one day after the infrastructure bill passed the House, Dingell fell into a pothole in her district and immediately exclaimed, “This is what we’re going to fix!”

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

it's a good thing that low income high education base won't have to start paying their loans in February

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
hey maybe somebody should do something about that fundamental promise of the US economy, a better education leading to higher paying job opportunities, apparently not even being pretended to be the case anymore?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

hey maybe somebody should do something about that fundamental promise of the US economy, a better education leading to higher paying job opportunities, apparently not even being pretended to be the case anymore?

Turns out some rando a thousand miles away from you did pretty well for themselves this year, which means you must be doing good too and therefore don't need any help. America is back and brunch is served, you're welcome.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

lol nice, of course it’s dependent on having insurance. jfc

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Willa Rogers posted:

It's hilarious how the Dems class blindness is loving them up over this. They can't understand that all the indicators that are saying that the economy is doing great only apply to the capitalist class and the PMC and professional classes they directly rely on. But since that roughly 10% of the population encompasses the entirety of the party membership and a huge chunk of their desired voter base they've convinced themselves that everyone is doing as great as they are. They can't even conceive that the other 90% are drowning so now they are all sitting in meeting rooms workshopping ways to tell rural low income workers being crushed under a mountain of debt that Biden made your life better you dumb hicks.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Oh cool so if you don't have insurance (or if you have insurance that doesn't do copays) and you need insulin BBB... doesn't help you. At all. Great.

Even if the Dems do manage to get the mangled carcass of BBB to Joe's desk for signature, it's not going to help anybody and people will get even more upset at the party for it. I keep using the word bloodbath but that feels inadequate to describe just how absolutely obliterated the Dems are gonna be in 2022.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

lobster shirt posted:

note that this person said "spouse/partner" and not "parent"

we should pay people who stay at home to raise kids! nurturing children is valuable work! but i would not say it is "praxis" and, separately, saying "feminism is about choice" is 100% liberal individualism.

she just left out a word maybe , maybe she meant white feminism, but since whiteness is normal and her entire worldview is white ppl poo poo , she doesn't need to specify

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

Biden loves trains but I wouldn't call him a wunderkind, he's over 80 years old

he's a wunderkind in that he "wunders" what "kind" of shampoo the nearest child to him is using

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Smythe posted:

thats why i chose to idolize and venerate Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka, founder of SOmething Awful and the VOICE of the new millenium! ... *looking away and holding earpiece* oh..? is that so... oh.. and that too...? i see... very sad.... very sad indeed....

*snort* lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

how does that even follow lol

the op is saying wages should be high enough that 1 person can support a family

Globe emojis are econ101 cultists who saw a line graph on a PowerPoint slide and think it describes all human behavior

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

They cannot distinguish between allowing people the opportunity to make a choice, and incentivizing them to make that choice, because the difference between those two concepts isn't on the one line graph

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Manager Hoyden posted:

Is this honestly saying "handle it yourself"?

"Neoliberalism operates off the assumption that there’s no such thing as social problems, that there are only individual problems."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I knew the insulin price cap was too good to be true. I loving knew it.