Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The spells they cast in the wheel of time show look so goofy.

it's so good I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

i say swears online posted:

it's so good I love it

It's so cheesy especially all the spell special effects like the force field in the recent episode but I'm still enjoying the mess of the show.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/MorganOrtagus/status/1465313805739732994

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Its Always Sunny On Tatooine is something I'd get behind if Charlie and Mac were both droids.

Watto is essentially Frank.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

is hardspace any good, I like the look of the trailers but I’m highly allergic to early access games
it's good, i pick it up for a ship or two every now and then. the way they're updating the story is good, but so far saves haven't worked across major releases which is a bummer

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

etalian posted:

It's so cheesy especially all the spell special effects like the force field in the recent episode but I'm still enjoying the mess of the show.

i went in with low expectations because the books were the trump diet coke tweet for me in high school, but it's been getting better each episode. the cheese has charm, everyone got overly cynical with GoT

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
One day Disney is going to just cut up all Simpsons episodes and paste them back together and release them hd versions of old episodes.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

based xi is too powerful

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/tedgioia/status/1465049482933030913

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Wheel of Time looks great (especially trollocs) and has good choreography + overall aesthetic but all the actors are boring as hell except for Matt the thief/gambler dude. planks of wood have more screen presence and charisma, and I usually like Rosamund Pike which means it’s the directing

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

a lot of people super mad about this clip/tweet and think it's something every musician does/can do lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

a lot of people super mad about this clip/tweet and think it's something every musician does/can do lol

yeah that was genuinely cool and impressive

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Communist Thoughts posted:

I thought it was brave of zack, just coming hot off the success of his justice league cut, to challenge the public with a snyder film but the gimmick is it also looks awful

It was the best zombie flick since the last one he made and successfully launched a franchise. Problem, Snyder haters?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

It was the best zombie flick since the last one he made

as someone who enjoyed the bad zombie Vegas movie this is an extremely, pathetically low bar

e: and not even true I’d put the first zombieland over it easily

coathat
May 21, 2007

i went in with low expectations because the books were the trump diet coke tweet for me in high school, but it's been getting better each episode. the cheese has charm, everyone got overly cynical with GoT

Its a shame that the show is racist

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

coathat posted:

Its a shame that the show is racist

how’s that (only seen one and a half eps)

coathat
May 21, 2007

Of the 3 named black men 2 are evil and they invented a white wife for Perrin to kill

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that’s not racism

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I think people are just tired of the Beatles bro

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that clip is fine and cool but Black Thought’s freestyle on Flex is better

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Zombieland is the Yankee Shaun of the dead

It's really bad

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

man.. I wish I had the confidence to just loving wail until stuff happens
I need to try this as an exercise or something

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

I think people are just tired of the Beatles bro

“imagine” being tired of the most influential musical performers of all time

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

man.. I wish I had the confidence to just loving wail until stuff happens
I need to try this as an exercise or something

beethoven and mozart and them were all skilled improvisers. there's no better way to make music than to try it and fail a few times

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

“imagine” being tired of the most influential musical performers of all time

Everybody who cares about instrumental music is either dying or devaluing the beatles as a hump in music history.

Rap music took rock music's crown because it is closer to opera.

Top hits are just Disney songs.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i mean the beatles are good but everyone has heard all their songs 100000 times since childhood. songs like 'let it be' are literally playback presets on a casio keyboard next to fur elise.

like... people have just heard enough from the beatles to be tired of em

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yeah the recent Wheel of Time episode with the mini-battle was really great plus watching the know it all secret order try to take on the Chad Wizard.

Never finished the books but one thing even though the plot beats are pretty derivative from LOTR was how it's set in a more apocalyptic fantasy setting.

The good guys lost and the episodes had cool visual details like the more advanced ruins plus that creepy empty city from episode 3.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Everybody who cares about instrumental music is either dying or devaluing the beatles as a hump in music history.

billy joel and meatloaf are two massively popular rock artists

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Casey Finnigan posted:

i mean the beatles are good but everyone has heard all their songs 100000 times since childhood. songs like 'let it be' are literally playback presets on a casio keyboard next to fur elise.

like... people have just heard enough from the beatles to be tired of em

mostly that ya. they were extremely talented and influential tho so its stupid to say they suck and weren't really skilled musicians. dont be a gbs goon is good life advice. just also being born onto beatle songs being played on-repeat has wearied people to exhaustion.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

never could be any other way

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Billy Shears was 10x better than the Beatles but smh no one was willing to wait for him

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Casey Finnigan posted:

beethoven and mozart and them were all skilled improvisers. there's no better way to make music than to try it and fail a few times

Oh I've got the failing down perfectly. I guess I find the vocalizing the most fascinating part of that, just completely brain off grunting until a melody forms. I've never tried that part

And sure yeah we've all heard the beatles but I love learning about how they wrote considering they were all basically amateurs figuring this poo poo out as they went along and somehow became really fascinating writers

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

hey hey my my, rock and roll will never die

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
i am only just now realizing there is/was a "Paul is dead" conspiracy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_is_dead?wprov=sfti1

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
There are some songs like Hey Jude that I never want to hear again, but a lot of their other stuff that hasn't been played to death is still great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwCL3HahgS8

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/EveryVowel/status/1465087476062633986

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the betales are fine and its interesting seeing a dude write a timeless boomer anthem by playing three chords on a guitar and mumbling to himself. that video would be cool to watch if it was any famous musician writing any famous song

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

this guy's thing is that he hands money to people right?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

i am only just now realizing there is/was a "Paul is dead" conspiracy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_is_dead?wprov=sfti1

It'd suck to be fake Paul and have a longer and more impressive career than real Paul but not get the credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Worth mentioning that A Hard Day's Night is actually a good and experimental film.

Farm Frenzy posted:

that video would be cool to watch if it was any famous musician writing any famous song

Yea true