Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

As a person with 20+ years experience living with an African grey parrot, the only response you're going to get is 'gently caress you'.

Maybe "gently caress you WOOO HEHEHEHE" but that's only when they are feeling funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

tried giving the parrot a timeout but it just kept mocking whatever i said in a funny little voice so i kept upping the punishment. its grounded for 30 years 4 months and counting now

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

"The bird has been fined 15000 seeds and suspended for two games."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That parrot is going to outlive everyone in that story and be yelling "loving HELL" to people passing by the pet shop.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Cthulu Carl posted:

"The bird has been fined 15000 seeds and suspended for two games."

lol

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Blastedhellscape posted:

If I were in this situation I'd maybe want to move downstairs anyway to give them their privacy/so I didn't have to hear my roommates loving. Unless the upstairs bedroom really is way better than the others, with a bigger/less dingy bathroom or something.

Putting the people who are loving on the top floor will NOT make their loving less noticeable, it will just broadcast it to the rest of the house through floor and wall noises.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Hughlander posted:

AITA for not punishing my parrot for cursing around my nephew and niece?

I think I'll be chuckling about this all day.

Lmao thinking you can punish an African Gray into not saying a thing

Just :lol: at the very idea

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
As someone whose ex had an african grey that learned the smoke alarm low battery sound, once it’s got hold of a noise it likes there is nothing you can do except send it to a parrot sanctuary.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The best part is that they know right from wrong. When he thought he was alone, my friend's family parrot would discipline the dog.

*whistle*
"Here boy here boy here boy"
*dog runs in*
"Bad Dog. Bad Dog."

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Suddenly Polite Parrot: "May I ask what the turkey did?"

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

sullat posted:

You put the bird in bird jail for a little bit until he serves his time. Let him out early for good behavior.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Jailbird

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

Killingyouguy! posted:

SA threads regularly devolve into 'food'

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Pookah posted:

As a person with 20+ years experience living with an African grey parrot, the only response you're going to get is 'gently caress you'.

Maybe "gently caress you WOOO HEHEHEHE" but that's only when they are feeling funny.

I'm glad you're in this thread already.

LOL at the idea of successfully telling a parrot not to say a fun word it learned.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

RoboRodent posted:

I'm glad you're in this thread already.

LOL at the idea of successfully telling a parrot not to say a fun word it learned.

I imagine it would be like when I was a little kid and somehow learned the word "poo poo". I marched around the house saying "poo poo. poo poo. poo poo. poo poo." as cadence. My dad yelled at me and told me not to say poo poo any more but if I wanted to, I could say 'crap.'

Que like... 3-5 year old me marching around the house. "Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap."

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Servant Girl Annihilator has the best name of them, holy poo poo. Annihilator?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

A man gets arrested nobody cares, arrest a bird for being an accomplice and the media blasts it from every mountaintop smh

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I(18M) fell in love with an lesbian(18F)

quote:

I've just created a second account to tell everything that has happened without getting tracked by my friends.

I was a platonic guy who had fallen in love with a girl who showed no signs of sexual attraction to me. We graduated from the high school 1 year ago and today I finally told her my inner feelings about her after 5 loving years. It turned out that she is a lesbian.. It all makes sense right now. I thought there is a chance that she is lesbian or asexual but never took it seriously. I don't know what to do, please say something guys. I cried a lot and need your help. I'm always the unluckiest man on earth. I feel like my 4 years of high school wasted because she was the only girl that i truly love in 4 years of studying high school. She has never told me anything about her sexual preference before. I'm stunned.

I know that I cannot push her to be with me anymore or something and actually I'm thinking about ending my friendship with her and stopping the contact forever but she's very lonely and if I stop my contact she will be devastated but it's even more devastating to sit next to her, a lesbian woman that was my first crush, and talk like nothing has happened. I'm truly hosed.

Tl;dr i've fallen in love with a lesbian

Oh, teenagers.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018

Cythereal posted:

Oh, teenagers.

gently caress, I'm so glad I figured out I was ace pretty quick in high school. Sure, it led to me doing Google searches for sex stuff because I had no idea what the hell any of my classmates were talking about, but at least I in no way had to deal with any of that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Oh, teenagers.

The T-Pain song about this is pretty catchy

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Cythereal posted:

Oh, teenagers.

r/relationships: I was a platonic guy

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

I imagine it would be like when I was a little kid and somehow learned the word "poo poo". I marched around the house saying "poo poo. poo poo. poo poo. poo poo." as cadence. My dad yelled at me and told me not to say poo poo any more but if I wanted to, I could say 'crap.'

Que like... 3-5 year old me marching around the house. "Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap."

It's this, plus there's nothing a parrot likes more than drama, so making a big deal about it and yelling at them is most likely to get them to do it again, because they want to see you react.

Greys are plenty smart enough to figure out what words get a fun reaction out of people.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Cythereal posted:

Oh, teenagers.

He found love in a hopeless place

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Cthulu Carl posted:

Toddlers are like that. Stubbed my toe around my kid once (and already cursed quite a bit just in general), and the next few days were spent dealing with a toddler just going around saying "gently caress gently caress gently caress" over and over.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Serephina posted:

*deep breath*
Aaaaaahahahahaaha, what a poser.

Who does he think he's impressing with that horseshit, does he think (or does he think that others think) that chefs slave for hours prepping with a sou vide? They chuck it in a sealer, chuck it in the water and walk away doing other stuff. It's like saying you slaved for hours over an oven-cooked pizza, trying to act like cooking time is effort.

Pretentious ignorant incompetent rear end in a top hat.

edti: that account is Nine years old, and he's been consistent about this in prior posts. This is it people, it is an actual walking caricature!

I'm not saying that I eat my steaks well done *because* of guys like this, but it is a significant factor (they are also delicious)

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Putting the people who are loving on the top floor will NOT make their loving less noticeable, it will just broadcast it to the rest of the house through floor and wall noises.

If you're not loud enough to tramatize everyone in the house and even the neighbors sometimes you're doing it wrong.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

drat your parrot must be harrowing to listen to

LookListen
Jul 6, 2011

Cythereal posted:

I feel like my 4 years of high school wasted because she was the only girl that i truly love in 4 years of studying high school.

I know that I cannot push her to be with me anymore or something and actually I'm thinking about ending my friendship with her and stopping the contact forever

Oh man girls LOVE it when a guy they think is their friend drops them the instant he's turned down!! It RULES when a dude considers his time being friends with you a waste!!!

I know rejection sucks and it takes time to learn how to take it especially if you're still a teenager with a brain that's still working out how to process poo poo right and make decisions, so hopefully this guy will calm down after, idk, a few days and a nap or something.
lovely, but as long as he doesn't say this poo poo to her or ditch her overnight then like, whatever, welcome to dating lol

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Those who refuse to learn from Weezer are doomed to repeat history.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

bell jar posted:

I'm not saying that I eat my steaks well done *because* of guys like this, but it is a significant factor (they are also delicious)

you monster

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA For unpacking my GF’s towel

quote:

AITA For unpacking my girlfriend’s towel.

I (31M) and my gf (25F) have been dating for about 2 years.

My GF has beautiful hair that seems a lot more low maintenance than most women I know. She doesn’t use all a hundred different hair products, nor does she blow dry it. It honestly doesn’t take her long to style her hair or anything. However, she always insist on using this special towel to dry her hair.

She insists that she can’t use any regular towel for her hair. She gets mad if I use her hair towel as a regular towel too. She says that the towel should only be used for hair. She even bought an extra one of these towels that she keeps in her drawer at my place. She also takes the towel with her when she goes on vacation.

I usually don’t mind it, since the towel doesn’t take up much space, and it better than listening to a hair dryer all the time. But it’s a bit weird because I don’t know anyone else who has a towel just for their hair.

For Thanksgiving, we travelled to see my family. Before the trip, I asked my GF to leave her towel at home since we’ll be staying at my parents’ house. I didn’t want my family to think she was weird or make fun of her.

Since we planned to leave early in the morning, GF spent the night at my place. I noticed that she packed the towel she kept at my place in her suitcase. When she was asleep, I took the towel out. She didn’t notice the towel was gone until after we got to my parent’s house.

I thought it was okay, and my GF didn’t seem mad at all during the whole trip. However, when we got back at my place, my GF got into her car and drove off without saying goodbye. She texted me later saying she’s mad at me because of that stupid towel and she needs some space. I keep calling and texting her, but she won’t respond.

My friends think she’s being overly dramatic, but my GF isn’t that type of person. Now I’m wondering if I messed up. AITA

No, I don't believe you actually need this thing, even though you have explained why you need it, so I will dispose of it to keep you from embarrassing me in front of my bathroom-inspecting parents.

Step off my microfiber, rear end in a top hat.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s a fuckin towel man.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

MarcusSA posted:

It’s a fuckin towel man.

What he'll say to her, not understanding why it specifically cements him as the rear end in a top hat.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
"I didn’t want my family to think she was weird or make fun of her." is a very normal healthy way for a 31 year old to think.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA For unpacking my GF’s towel

No, I don't believe you actually need this thing, even though you have explained why you need it, so I will dispose of it to keep you from embarrassing me in front of my bathroom-inspecting parents.

quote:

I wish that she told me that she was upset about the towel instead of what she’s doing now. I’ve tried many times to apologize, but she keeps giving me the silent treatment.

quote:

There’s only two bathrooms at my parents’ place. One is my parents’, and the other is the one meant for guests. Anyone who uses that bathroom would see my girlfriend’s towel hanging up (it looks nothing like the towels my mom buys).

My family loves making jokes about people and they can be a bit mean at times. I didn’t want them to start making fun about how “sensitive” my girlfriend is for needing to bring her own towel.

lol buddy you did her a huge favor, she can now jettison your rear end and avoid your trash family without ever having to deal with their "jokes"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

imagine having to explain away the fact that your girlfriend dries her hair with a towel! loving GROSS.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ITS A FUCKIN TOWEL!!!

This is the weirdest thing to get hung up on ever.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
It's totally okay for that one guy to have his special poop towel, but heaven forbid a lady have a special hair towel.
That's just too weird.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I would sooner eat fetid poo poo than touch the hair on my girlfriend's head! YUCKY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

:hai:

Microfiber hair towels are a gift from the gods. I curse myself every time I forget to pack one and am forced to gently caress up my hair with inferior terrycloth