Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

RoboRodent posted:

I'd try this.

Apparently I am fine with insects being involved in the production of my food, and heck I've eaten a cricket, but I'm not eating live bugs.

Not on purpose, anyway.

I was 19 at a party and saw a cricket in the house so i grabbed it and noone thought i caught it and put it in my mouth so i tried to show them and and tried jumping out. I bit down and ripped the front off which someone else ate and so we split a live cricket. I'm sure i've been served more comprimised poo poo in my life and I grew up eating everything put in front of me. a cricket isn't that bad, live or not. I'd be weird bout the cheese with larva crawling around tho, but my cheese love would win and i'd prob be chomping as much as I could buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

nesamdoom posted:

I was 19 at a party and saw a cricket in the house so i grabbed it and noone thought i caught it and put it in my mouth so i tried to show them and and tried jumping out. I bit down and ripped the front off which someone else ate and so we split a live cricket. I'm sure i've been served more comprimised poo poo in my life and I grew up eating everything put in front of me. a cricket isn't that bad, live or not. I'd be weird bout the cheese with larva crawling around tho, but my cheese love would win and i'd prob be chomping as much as I could buy.

We ate ants while out camping in scouts. Tasted like lemon, not bad actually.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Donkey is indeed one of my favorite meats in China.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

LifeSunDeath posted:

We ate ants while out camping in scouts. Tasted like lemon, not bad actually.

yeah the sour is what they inject into you to sting you.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

yeah the sour is what they inject into you to sting you.

it's like yuzu, sour and spicy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FFT posted:

I correctly predicted that they've got Szechuan peppercorn in them for a tingly sensation.

Apparently there's this cocktail at a Star Wars restaurant at Disneyland called the Fuzzy Tauntaun that has "buzzz foam" which is made from

quote:

This is Buzz Button Tingling Foam and it creates a sensation of overall heat (spiciness), some tingling, and, lastly, a slight numbing effect. Some, like us, enjoy this sensation. Others will be asking a Cast Member for a straw so they can avoid the foam altogether while still enjoying the beverage.

The foam's tingling and numbing sensation is courtesy of a tiny, Szechuan flower called the buzz button (acmella oleracea). Now this isn't something you can find in the produce section of your local grocery store, so we had to order these little flowers on Amazon from Natural Nomad Farms, a boutique farm located in Florida.
https://www.diznify.com/fuzzy-tauntaun-copycat-recipe-and-buzz-foam/

My brother who told me about it said it's very unsettling and not actually that fun. This sounds insane for something for Disney to just be hucking at people

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Most ants are very tasty and too tiny to hold enough pesticide to harm you unless you spend all day catching and eating them.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

I feel food review shows that have people taking things apart and trying tiny bites miss the overall flavour that can be achieved on something. Like Gordon will open burger and dig it apart to take the tiniest bite of the burger rather than taking a bite that includes all the parts. Not to question the ratings of the food(I know I will eat some greasy trash), but a big messy burg should be experienced as a big messy bite, that's why people prob keep going into the places. A $6 dinner burger isn't supposed to be the best thing, it just needs to be something hot to eat on lunch break with coffee or beer.

Now some diner food that makes me sad

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Horse is better than pork.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The most overrated meat is beef.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The most overrated meat is beef.

Beef is great, chicken is so bad it needs things done to it to make it edible.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

nesamdoom posted:

Beef is great, chicken is so bad it needs things done to it to make it edible.

Like *shudder* COOKING

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
when I'm roasting a chicken I like to season it with salt... and pepper

:evilbuddy:

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Brawnfire posted:

Like *shudder* COOKING

yea, then dumping hot sauce all over. I'll bite a cow walking past me and have a snack of it. Meat that needs cooked to be edible, or seasoned to taste good, is bad meat.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hey, just because I'm soaking something in flavors, then coating it in flavored batter, then frying it and covering it in a flavored sauce, doesn't make it flavorless!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

As a human of civilization, I don't trust foods that don't get processed somehow. Sure before civilization we ate everything raw, but then back in those days we could poop anywhere so it wasn't a big deal to get food poisoning. And then dying when there wasn't fresh food around was just the way of the world along with getting parasites.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You're a peasant dying on the beef vs chicken hill while I am crowned king of the good foods in duck and lamb castle.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Apparently there's this cocktail at a Star Wars restaurant at Disneyland called the Fuzzy Tauntaun that has "buzzz foam" which is made from

https://www.diznify.com/fuzzy-tauntaun-copycat-recipe-and-buzz-foam/

My brother who told me about it said it's very unsettling and not actually that fun. This sounds insane for something for Disney to just be hucking at people

there's a bar in Denver which has a shot where you chew on a little flower that like stings a little bit and numbs your mouth then you down the shot and you don't really taste it. it's weird and uncomfortable. I didn't really like it but some of my friends did. it must be these same flowers.

they also have pickle shots that are :kiss:

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

zedprime posted:

You're a peasant dying on the beef vs chicken hill while I am crowned king of the good foods in duck and lamb castle.

I'll leave the beef hill anytime I see a deer. Duck is really good, I prefer it to turkey and I'd eat lamb over pork all day.

Poopelyse posted:

there's a bar in Denver which has a shot where you chew on a little flower that like stings a little bit and numbs your mouth then you down the shot and you don't really taste it. it's weird and uncomfortable. I didn't really like it but some of my friends did. it must be these same flowers.

they also have pickle shots that are :kiss:

I used to take a double shotglass and pour half jalapeno juice and half everclear. It was like 40sum% and basically when down like biting a pepper, never take a bunch though kuz that hosed my gut right up. Pickle is way underrated in drinking from what I've seen. I ordered vodka and pickle juice once and saw the funniest exchange when the temp bartender(place I worked for rented a bar/restaurant for the night for xmas party) ask a regular where to find pickle juice and the reply was "In the pickle jar" which almost made drunk me fall off my stool laughing.

nesamdoom has a new favorite as of 20:07 on Nov 30, 2021

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Venison can be really good. Weirdly, the best I've had was actually free reclaimed roadkill since I grew up in a state that allows you to sign up on a waiting list to grab a roadkilled deer if it's fresh and clean enough, without going through the whole hunting process.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Captain Hygiene posted:

Venison can be really good. Weirdly, the best I've had was actually free reclaimed roadkill since I grew up in a state that allows you to sign up on a waiting list to grab a roadkilled deer if it's fresh and clean enough, without going through the whole hunting process.

That's cool as gently caress, everyone here just smokes a deer then throws it in the truck or calls someone with a truck. Might as well eat it if it's gonna bust out a headlight. I partially grew up on a rez and barely anyone bothered buying meat when ya can pop out to the side of town and shoot something whenever. So I grew up eating venison everything. Never had moose or elk, but I'd assume they make a lot of good stew.

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

Brawnfire posted:

Dragonfruit is for Instagram, not for eating

Red dragonfruit in Taiwan is the best damned fruit I have ever tasted. The white kind I've gotten around here (NW US) is like someone tried to photocopy it but forgot the flavor.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
i haven't had deer cooked well but it makes a good loving sausage. 50/50 mix with pork because it's so lean.

nobody in my immediate family hunts, but various uncles and in-laws and stuff kick us enough venison to make a batch every year or two.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
you know what I imagine tastes bad? boar taint. both the concept and the specific area of the body.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Empty Sandwich posted:

you know what I imagine tastes bad? boar taint. both the concept and the specific area of the body.

What about bear taint?

:thunk:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Empty Sandwich posted:

I hear if you slice it up and fry it it's nearly impossible to tell the difference from calamari.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Moose is excellent. I like it better than deer. Elk I've only had as sausages.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

venison jerky is pretty legit

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Also good: yak jerky, which "saved" me on a day-long train trip with nothing else to eat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Bison burgs and jerky are solid, I imagine that's probably the closest thing I've had to yak meat.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

LifeSunDeath posted:

venison jerky is pretty legit

gently caress yes. forgot about jerky.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Empty Sandwich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjNYJ3wb1XI

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I would much rather have a cute cucumbergator to look at than eat, because cucumber is a true Horrible Food

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Smh at calling it "alligator salad" but not including even a single alligator pear.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

RoboRodent posted:

Moose is excellent. I like it better than deer. Elk I've only had as sausages.

Reindeer is pretty drat tasty if you’re ever in Lapland and fancy a burg

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

Reindeer is pretty drat tasty if you’re ever in Lapland and fancy a burg

I forgot I'd had reindeer when I was in Finland. It was very good, in a literal meat-and-potatoes bake with some lingonberries for tartness.

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008
Elk heart makes a great stew, plus, as my Dad said when I told him what I was cooking, "You know, if you eat the heart you gain the animal's power!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

stereobreadsticks posted:

Elk heart makes a great stew, plus, as my Dad said when I told him what I was cooking, "You know, if you eat the heart you gain the animal's power!"

Power to be shot and eaten?