Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If you want more Mystery Science Theater 3000, put your money where your mouth is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
I'm not really interested in the new season because I didn't like either of the Netflix-era seasons of MST3K. But I still threw $15 Joel's way via the Kickstarter, because all the previous seasons of MST3K did (and still do) provide me with hours and hours of entertainment, so I figure I can at least spot Joel a few bucks if he wants to keep it going. :)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Just got an email that rewards will be shipping "soon"! :dance:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Out of all the weird things in Making Contact the weirdest part is definitely the mom making the teacher put his burned hand in a fishbowl and doubling down by putting ice cubes into the bowl as well.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'm pretty sure that $85 is a early/preorder price. And it's 13 episodes and 12 shorts that you digitally keep forever. Honestly sounds like a steal. Yeah, it's a lot a bit upfront but I'm happy to kickstart it myself.

muscles like this! posted:

Out of all the weird things in Making Contact the weirdest part is definitely the mom making the teacher put his burned hand in a fishbowl and doubling down by putting ice cubes into the bowl as well.

RIP that loving fish.

Murdstone posted:

Just got an email that rewards will be shipping "soon"! :dance:

:peanut:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Edward Mass posted:

If you want more Mystery Science Theater 3000, put your money where your mouth is.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

Fair point. So will all the episodes be made available at once ala the Netflix seasons?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

No
Monthly

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Larryb posted:

Fair point. So will all the episodes be made available at once ala the Netflix seasons?

I believe the idea is that it is going to be semi-monthly. So the Christmas episode will release next Christmas.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Good to know, thanks

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Larryb posted:

Seems a bit steep, have they said anything about plans to release this season on DVD/BD later like the other two were?

Season 13 box set is up for pre-order for $75.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

Season 13 box set is up for pre-order for $75.

Oh, it’s already available for non backers? Neat (though I’m assuming it won’t actually release until around 2023 or so if they’re only putting out one episode per month).

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Morter posted:

RIP that loving fish.

:screamy:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

As they say on Spider Island "better to die than to go on living."

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Uncle Wemus posted:

As they say on Spider Island "better to die than to go on living."

I FELL OUTTA THE TREE!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Data Graham posted:

Joel will be one of the mads

This seems very obvious to me as well.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Kingo is into pulling ratings gimmicks, she'll probably kidnap Joel as a form of in-universe stunt casting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joel got recaptured once already (which was part of the previous tour) so they can probably just have it happen again.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The evil alt dimension joel: Joike

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I wonder how they're going to explain Joel being back in space in the new episodes

Wrong turn on the Man or Astroman? reunion tour, BLAM! back in space

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

For that matter, have they said how they’re going to rationalize having 3 hosts for this season each with their own Tom, Crow, and Gypsy/whatever they’re calling her now?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Wrong turn on the Man or Astroman? reunion tour, BLAM! back in space

My own preference would be for him just to shrug and say something about it being free room and board.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Larryb posted:

For that matter, have they said how they’re going to rationalize having 3 hosts for this season each with their own Tom, Crow, and Gypsy/whatever they’re calling her now?

I think they'll probably just say there are multiple test subjects. I'm pretty sure we set a glimpse of a totally different one on a screen in a Netflix episode, so there's precedent for them running multiple experiments at once. I don't know how they'll explain the bots.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

It's a cowtown puppet show; I'm going to relax about it

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was J Elvis Weinstein announced as having a role this season? If so, he’s probably a third Servo, although I can’t imagine they would ever get Trace back. Maybe they’ll just jumble everyone together for each segment.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Was J Elvis Weinstein announced as having a role this season? If so, he’s probably a third Servo, although I can’t imagine they would ever get Trace back. Maybe they’ll just jumble everyone together for each segment.

Someone asked Frank and Trace on a Mads show if they would come back. Iirc Frank gave a diplomatic "if I was invited I would definitely love to, but havent been and that's cool" and Trace blurted out "Not a chance"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LesterGroans posted:

I don't know how they'll explain the bots.

Tom has an innate desire to build more Toms. That is well established.

Crows were once rolling off AMC assembly lines, like so many Gremlins, Matadors, and Pacers. I may be filling in some gaps established by the phrase "old AMC Crow" that turned up as a Loaner Crow, while Normal Crow was in the shop for hail damage.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I could see Joel’s Crow and Servo by Bill Corbett and J. Elvis.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

Tom has an innate desire to build more Toms. That is well established.

Crows were once rolling off AMC assembly lines, like so many Gremlins, Matadors, and Pacers. I may be filling in some gaps established by the phrase "old AMC Crow" that turned up as a Loaner Crow, while Normal Crow was in the shop for hail damage.

Or that psychopath Timmy.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Angry_Ed posted:

Or that psychopath Timmy.

Who technically was just the Crow puppet they use in the theater to reduce glare.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What's Trace's deal anyway? Is it my imagination or does he seem really down on the whole concept lately? I saw that live stage show that got everybody together and it seemed like he kept making 90s-style trans jokes

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Data Graham posted:

What's Trace's deal anyway? Is it my imagination or does he seem really down on the whole concept lately? I saw that live stage show that got everybody together and it seemed like he kept making 90s-style trans jokes

I think there was some general bitterness towards how Joel brought MST3K back, at least on Frank and Trace's parts. I seem to recall Frank making several tweets back around the time of the first Kickstarter about how he wasn't even asked if he'd like to come back, even if just for a cameo; and (Patton Oswalt aside, who Frank really likes) how he was kind of pissed that they debuted "TV's Son of TV's Frank" without talking to him first, things like that. I would imagine it's much the same with Trace.

I don't think Trace is down on the concept of riffing in general; he and Frank are still doing The Mads are Back, of course, and they're still good friends with all the Rifftrax guys. I think they're just not happy with how Joel went about bringing back MST3K (or at least, how they perceived he went about it).

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Ballz posted:

I think Bill said he's not doing it but I hope he was lying.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Ballz posted:

I think this was exactly what happened with those new shorts they did for charity last year.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

GPC. Somebody pointed out that the other word is a Romani slur and Joel just "Oh, wow, sorry" and changed it like immediately.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

GPC. Somebody pointed out that the other word is a Romani slur and Joel just "Oh, wow, sorry" and changed it like immediately.

Yeah that was it, I imagine each letter is pronounced separately then?

Off the subject, is there any hope of possibly getting Kevin back for this as at least one of the Servos (he made a few appearances as Bobo in the Netflix incarnation after all)?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I think the window for surprise returning cast announcements is probably closed for this season. The Kickstarter was probably the best time to do that sort of thing, and now they’re already deep into filming.

It’s still an open question who will be playing the bots in Joel’s episodes, but it’s probably just going to be some of the performers from one of the current casts. Maybe J. Elvis will be Servo since he’s already announced as being involved in other capacities, but even that feels like a long shot to me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

Right, like saying 'CPU' or something.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Larryb posted:

It works well because "GPC" is already a spaceflight-related acronym for "general purpose computer".

She runs the higher functions of the Satellite of Love, so this can be a nice retconned origin of her name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

WhiteHowler posted:

It works well because "GPC" is already a spaceflight-related acronym for "general purpose computer".

She runs the higher functions of the Satellite of Love, so this can be a nice retconned origin of her name.

Makes sense, kind of surprised it took this long for them to change it though