Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

The Saucer Hovers posted:

rah! displaying surprising cowardice by not tagging up

i do all these flips all day for u guys and no one gave me a bird tag :sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Azathoth posted:

I believe everyone who has asked so far has gotten them (including Barry Foster, I cheated and snuck in an extra), but if you want to purchase one for anyone from here on out, the code is [***url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3967914][***timg]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/cspam-ufo.png[/timg][/url], just remove the two *** so the system parses it properly. Because the gangtag is uploaded to the SA servers, you can still do titles normally with the image upload, the tag just counts towards the character limit, not the image limit.

Thank you for doing the needful!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

todays bird size: wal-mart

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rah! posted:

I get the feeling Scrooge McDuck might be lurking around somewhere

Or maybe its just Alec IDK

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Bilirubin thank you so much! And Azathoth thank you too!!
13 years on this forum and this is my first gang tag. wupwup! I love it!

Lampsacus has issued a correction as of 02:58 on Nov 30, 2021

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

GWBBQ posted:

Rah doesn't have one and let's be honest, if anyone deserves one ....

Rah! needs to check their PMs...

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Rah! posted:

Or tell me here which of their current gangtags they're okay with losing, cause I can't put through one with 3 of them, even for Rah!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Come to the San Luis Valley. We have a ufo watchtower.

Only $5 to climb up on the "tower" and $15/night to camp.

There's also an alligator preserve/rescue a few miles away.

The people here are weird.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

CANT WASTE DATA

seriously lol the account you pay for cant look super stupid if u want it to

im not mocking you Azathoth just the implied purity of posting asthetics by the SA bird cover uppers

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Alligator preserves rule

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

skewetoo posted:

Dang. Missed another gangsign sighting

Or did you? :coal:

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The Saucer Hovers posted:

todays bird size: wal-mart
are we talking regular wal-mart or texas wal-mart here?

this tag is really sweet by the way

i can already feel my posting harmonizing with higher vibrational dimensions

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

goochtit posted:

Me neither, aitee feels like much longer ago than it was. This is the best thread though and is most of the reason I registered

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Inspector Hound posted:

Alligator preserves rule

They do.

You just don't expect to find one around 7600ft elevation.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

Alligator preserves rule

if an alligator/s enforces the rule then of course

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Azathoth posted:

Rah! needs to check their PMs...

rah u better not get rid of your king-killing association tag

ditch them taser balls

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

Bilirubin thank you so much! And Azathoth thank you too!!
13 years on this forum and this is my first gang tag. wupwup! I love it!

Big same, it took this thread to get me to start posting even semi-regularly after years of lurking lol. Thanks y'all :)

Do any of you have other paranormal podcasts you like? I gave the Saucer Life a go and was kind of lukewarm on it. Astonishing Legends is fun occasionally when I manage to surmount their intense dad energy, but I'm a bit bored with everything at the moment.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Objurium posted:

Big same, it took this thread to get me to start posting even semi-regularly after years of lurking lol. Thanks y'all :)

Do any of you have other paranormal podcasts you like? I gave the Saucer Life a go and was kind of lukewarm on it. Astonishing Legends is fun occasionally when I manage to surmount their intense dad energy, but I'm a bit bored with everything at the moment.

Cryptonaut Podcast and Our Strange Skies immediately spring to mind. If you like spooky but real stories told by a ghost tour guide, Pleasing Terrors is amazing (just don't expect cited sources or anything)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Objurium posted:

Unexplained is pretty great, the host has a good vibe and the episodes are 30 minutes or so max so it doesn't get exhausting. like all single-person podcasts that stick around it starts out rather amateur and evolves over time to where now about 5 minutes of each episode are ads for mattresses or patreon or other podcasts.

it's very much straightforward narrations of spooky poo poo that people experienced and not any kind of analysis, very much about the storytelling; a lot of the stories covered fall apart if you look into them more. he does often do a follow-up to a story that explores it on a meta level which is neat.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Somewhere in the skies is the best ufo podcast I know of right now. Dunno if the host really goes into other goofy paranormal/metaphysical poo poo so I’m still looking for a Mysterious Universe replacement

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

I find it hard to find podcasts that strike the balance between uncritical acceptance of everything and NDT brain. It seems most lean to one side or the other. Of course, I don't listen to that many podcasts, so I've probably missed a good one somewhere.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

this made me chortle very much. thank you :)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Hooplah posted:

Somewhere in the skies is the best ufo podcast I know of right now. Dunno if the host really goes into other goofy paranormal/metaphysical poo poo so I’m still looking for a Mysterious Universe replacement

Cryptonaut does this, just fast forward through their opening until they start telling the story. Seriously love those guys but those openings are a real turnoff to new listeners.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Azathoth posted:

Cryptonaut does this, just fast forward through their opening until they start telling the story. Seriously love those guys but those openings are a real turnoff to new listeners.

whats wrong in the openings that turns off new listeners?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Marzzle posted:

whats wrong in the openings that turns off new listeners?

They ramble for about 10-15 minutes about not much in particular. I bounced off them a couple times because I wasn't sure they were ever gonna actually get to anything and thought it was how the whole thing was.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

oh yeah I hate that poo poo. folks gotta prioritize info

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Desert Oracle Radio is a good listen:

https://www.desertoracle.com/episode-141-the-jaws-of-darkness-do-devour/

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

this tag owns thank u

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

i used to live near desert oracle, they have a lil tidy shack

e: the sky there is so crystal clear at night, you can see so much looking up around the place. lots of people say they've seen stuff in the skies around there

That Spooky Witch has issued a correction as of 05:42 on Nov 30, 2021

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

blatman posted:

this tag owns thank u

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

blatman posted:

this tag owns thank u
projecting gratitude and positivity to everyone who made this happen

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Objurium posted:

Curt Jaimungal's Theories of Everything isn't specifically UAP/supernatural focused but the nature of our present context and his broader interests have led to some rather good interviews on relevant topics, some of which follow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTHDCD4MnqY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atntnU_baHc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVo51khU8AE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM3kxeU_oDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wULw64ZL1Bg

He has other interesting ones as well, such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sXrRc3Bhrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmieNQH7Q4w

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Azathoth posted:

Or tell me here which of their current gangtags they're okay with losing, cause I can't put through one with 3 of them, even for Rah!

sent you a PM :tipshat:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

o lol

thanks whoever did that

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

I get the feeling Scrooge McDuck might be lurking around somewhere

Or maybe its just Alec IDK

the big bird in the sky has taken care of me

praise p'nutty

Jazerus posted:

rah u better not get rid of your king-killing association tag

ditch them taser balls

yeah i cant get rid of the king killing tag

but it is funny to see p'nutty and lue admiring this interdimensional bird's powerful vibrating turbo orbs, or GONADS (Galactivate Ormus Neodymium Advanced Drive System) as they are known to researchers in space force:

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

https://twitter.com/SandiaWisdom/status/1465152753576124418?s=20
Could be a Punxsutawney Phill situation with the 'nutties. If they cancel first contact and retreat into their mountain base it means 6 additional months of COVID.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Hooplah posted:

Yeah that's a good one. Our Strange Skies is also good. Just had a new episode come out today, about a wave of UFO sightings in South Africa, in 1972:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-1972-south-african-wave/id1546735571?i=1000543327351

quote:

"Aside from a few stray cases, such as that of Elizabeth Klarer, and the roadside encounter of a disc shaped object by two constables in Pretoria, the UFO was an unfamiliar sight in South Africa. That all changed in 1972 when "Bennie" Smit opened fire on a strange egg shaped object skulking around his farm. The shots heard 'round Braeside farm led to a wave of UFO activity that caught the attention of those that lived in The Republic of South Africa."

:cthulhu:

Azathoth posted:

That's another good one, but yeah, you have to skip the first 5-10 minutes unless you wanna hear patreon shout outs and random conversations about getting drunk and making GBS threads ur pants or whatever

Log082 posted:

I find it hard to find podcasts that strike the balance between uncritical acceptance of everything and NDT brain. It seems most lean to one side or the other. Of course, I don't listen to that many podcasts, so I've probably missed a good one somewhere.

All of these mentioned podcasts are pretty good about this, i think. Cryptonaut has a lot of extra-crazy-sounding abduction and cryptid and ghost stories to go along with the more "normal" UFO ones, but the dudes don't blindly believe it. They share theories but are also skeptical and make dumb jokes about stuff. Kinda reminds me of this thread sometimes lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

poisonpill posted:

none for me thanks

so :tinylue: is talking more about how these things are from earth and we might be discovering new forms of life. huh? am I missing a broader conversation?

The Abyss was a documentary

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

cant wait for one of the birds to land, an interesting creature to walk out toward the gathered humans, and then go "HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE" while bobbing its head like redbirb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

aliens create humans?

no!

humans create aliens!

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1465454820660330496

quote:

The US scientists who created the first living robots say the life forms, known as xenobots, can now reproduce -- and in a way not seen in plants and animals.

Formed from the stem cells of the African clawed frog (Xenopus laevis) from which it takes its name, xenobots are less than a millimeter (0.04 inches) wide. The tiny blobs were first unveiled in 2020 after experiments showed that they could move, work together in groups and self-heal.

Now the scientists that developed them at the University of Vermont, Tufts University and Harvard University's Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering said they have discovered an entirely new form of biological reproduction different from any animal or plant known to science.

"I was astounded by it," said Michael Levin, a professor of biology and director of the Allen Discovery Center at Tufts University who was co-lead author of the new research.

"Frogs have a way of reproducing that they normally use but when you ... liberate (the cells) from the rest of the embryo and you give them a chance to figure out how to be in a new environment, not only do they figure out a new way to move, but they also figure out apparently a new way to reproduce."

Rah! has issued a correction as of 09:01 on Nov 30, 2021