Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

gently caress those boxes were the god damned coolest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Yeah, late '90s early '00s PC game boxes are art.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have started making a mod for Quake 1.

The name is TK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJvaA-bsZA

I am making a new engine + changing the progs.dat, I am using QuakeWorld has a base instead of NormalQuake for reasons.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Industria looks very generic in shots and in motion. Even if it's a good game there's no hook in anything I'm seeing (I also hadn't heard of it until that tweet was posted).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DF did a video on it a while back and said it had big Half-Life 2 vibes, which had me interested. It apparently runs like crap on a big beefy PC and I'm only a filthy console peasant so if it comes to Xbox I'll get it then! Told my PC-having, HL2-loving brother about it and he said "looks cool"

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Yeah, what I've heard of Industria, it sounds good and right up my alley but also maybe needs a bit of polish and is pretty short, so it's one I'll probably pick up later.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Tei posted:

I have started making a mod for Quake 1.

The name is TK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJvaA-bsZA

I am making a new engine + changing the progs.dat, I am using QuakeWorld has a base instead of NormalQuake for reasons.

the audio here has the precise tempo and cadence of a p sick fastcore song. it rips, honestly

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWRz9uDDWp0

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Kins posted:

Game development is hard, but it's even harder if you don't know how to market and sell your thing, no matter how gross selling your work makes you feel. I've not heard of Industria before, so I suspect that's where they're falling down.

In other news, here's Civvie's new video on Fallout 76.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HsQM3judrE

I remember when this came out but boy did nothing about it look interesting. I'm hard-pressed to think of a less exciting alien enemy design.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mordja posted:

I remember when this came out but boy did nothing about it look interesting. I'm hard-pressed to think of a less exciting alien enemy design.

It looks like the most mediocre shooter ever. I’m amazed how perfectly middle of the road it looks.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
I watched IcarusLives’ coverage of it a few months ago and must not have been paying attention because I 100% assumed it was a game from like some Eastern European developer circa 2003-2005.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

treat posted:

the audio here has the precise tempo and cadence of a p sick fastcore song. it rips, honestly

Fast...core?

Like Speedcore?

Like this?

https://youtu.be/MMc6iqaP8_Q

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Phetz posted:

I watched IcarusLives’ coverage of it a few months ago and must not have been paying attention because I 100% assumed it was a game from like some Eastern European developer circa 2003-2005.

it's so generic i instantly knew i had watched another review of it but couldn't remember who, i thought it was ross (of ross's game dungeon) for some reason but had to actually search youtube to find out it was the icarus video i had watched

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

verbal enema posted:

Fast...core?

Like Speedcore?

Like this?

https://youtu.be/MMc6iqaP8_Q

nah, like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rchpQ5fjpY

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

That's just thrashcore

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I completely forgot about industria until that tweet. I actually do wanna check that put sometime...

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

Shadow Hog posted:

I completely forgot about industria until that tweet. I actually do wanna check that put sometime...

Might be worth checking if they've optimized the game, it brought my 3080 to its knees
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd51A5Q-qnc

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Quake Remaster has been updated with an all new Horde Mode by the MachineGames Crew with four new maps, and a new downloadable add-on in the form of Honey by CZG. Also, if you log into Bethesda.net, you'll unlock the Classic Quakeguy skin in Quake Champions and the Ranger Slayer skin in Doom Eternal. Oh, also it's on Epic Game Store now if for some reason you'd prefer to use that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Kins posted:

The Quake Remaster has been updated with an all new Horde Mode by the MachineGames Crew with four new maps, and a new downloadable add-on in the form of Honey by CZG. Also, if you log into Bethesda.net, you'll unlock the Classic Quakeguy skin in Quake Champions and the Ranger Slayer skin in Doom Eternal. Oh, also it's on Epic Game Store now if for some reason you'd prefer to use that.

Yesssssss. These Bethesda/id ports are such insane value.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Quake Champions is just kind of funny to say in 2021

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yesssssss. These Bethesda/id ports are such insane value.

I’ve gotten so much playtime out of them.

If only Bethesda would allow a similar amount of love to Fallout.

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

Quake Champions is just kind of funny to say in 2021

I still think it’s a good game, just wish it was optimized better.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’ve gotten so much playtime out of them.

I still think it’s a good game, just wish it was optimized better.

QC is fun as hell and they keep adding maps but it's still in EA and it feels like it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think the Outer Worlds directors have the source code to the old Fallouts. Here's hoping.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

crondaily posted:

QC is fun as hell and they keep adding maps but it's still in EA and it feels like it.

It should not run as bad as it does for being an id game. Feels wrong.

The Kins posted:

I think the Outer Worlds directors have the source code to the old Fallouts. Here's hoping.

With the amount of love New Vegas still gets, it feels like a no brainer for a remaster but what do I know.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

With the amount of love New Vegas still gets, it feels like a no brainer for a remaster but what do I know.

It just got a 60fps patch on Xbox Series, runs great :D

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I don't know how they justify still supporting QC as a live service when the average player count is down in the ~500 range

Some of those few players must be buying a shitload of lootboxes

SeANMcBAY posted:

It should not run as bad as it does for being an id game. Feels wrong.

Isn't it mainly developed by Saber? They did build it on IdTech, but forked from IdTech 4 or 5 which weren't exactly Id at their finest

repiv fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 2, 2021

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

repiv posted:

I don't know how they justify still supporting QC as a live service when the average player count is down in the ~500 range

Some of those few players must be buying a shitload of lootboxes

Isn't it mainly developed by Saber? They did build it on IdTech, but forked from IdTech 4 or 5 which weren't exactly Id at their finest
QC is a strange hybrid of an older version of Id Tech and Saber3D. Id Tech 6 just wasn't ready when development started, apparently.

I believe Saber left development quite a while ago and it's a small team at Id continuing to support things with whatever artists they can borrow from the Doom team.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
...isn't qc just quake 3?? why didn't they just use the original engine

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

you're thinking of quake live, which is just quake 3 with some modern matchmaking stuff duct taped to it

quake champions is a new quake built from scratch

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish Quake Live was free still so there were people playing something other than Clan Arena in it. I hate Clan Arena.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

transitioning from free-to-play to pay-up-front when f2p was becoming the defacto standard model for shooters was certainly a decision

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

And dropping your Mac client
And not bothering with consoles

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I would play a lot more QC if I got to play for more than half the time I have the client launched. The countdown times are, frankly, excessive.

That said, I think pro QC is my favorite pro esport to watch. It gets real streaky but watching someone gain the upper hand and take some fool to the cleaners never really gets old.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I just want Quake V and a return to shooting horrible nightmarish abominations in the face, not more of this arena poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bethesda is never gonna do a remaster or release of New Vegas.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Bethesda is never gonna do a remaster or release of New Vegas.

Maybe they will with Microsoft telling them to now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Total waste of time tbh, just make a NV2 without any of the bad engine poo poo to worry about.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Maybe they will with Microsoft telling them to now.

Microsoft pulling the absolute unit of a move: getting obsidian to work on New Vegas 2 and watch Todd get mad because he gets to see Obsidian making a better Fallout game again.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Let Obsidian make a new Fallout and also port NV into its new engine as an exercise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

without any of the bad engine poo poo to worry about.

Bethsoft find this very difficult