Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for telling the kids their dad took this year's Christmas away from them?

If the family is established to be happy to pay child support for a deadbeat divorced son, there’s a win/win scenario right there screaming for attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Soylent Pudding posted:

I like the “vicious” ex-wife who would withhold child visitation rights from a deadbeat who doesn’t make child support payments. Dad’s whole family sounds like poo poo, who gets fired from a gas station for lack of drive and passion?

The “I’ll pay you back”/“You don’t even have gas money” exchange is satisfying. Dude decided his nephews or nieces were more important than his kids, open and shut case

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sean10mm posted:

The entire genre of stories involving a seemingly squared away wife supporting a totally parasitic manbaby who contributed nothing for years never fails to blow my mind. Like I know there's some bias and some of them are just made up but holy poo poo, what is the secret to all these turbo failures getting women to just let them leech off of them?

it's what people want to read

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Soylent Pudding posted:

Start saving for a divorce lawyer, lady.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

boop the snoot posted:

I would be annoyed after a bit of time if my SO spent a few hours essentially dancing and posing every day while I was working to support us.

It's a perfectly reasonable thing to be annoyed about regardless of how much time you spend together.

The problem is not the fact that he's doing 3 hours of exercise. It's the fact that he's doing 3 hours of exercise instead of earning money. If he earned a salary as well the yoga stuff would be a lot more tolerable.

sean10mm posted:

In the specific instance of the yoga maniac yeah, but most of these guys seem to also be couch potatoes who don't wash their nuts.

Yeah this also baffles the poo poo out of me. That's why I said yoga guy is a top 10%er for this thread. He's not a total waste - he's fit and does housework. A lot of these losers just play video games and remain totally unwashed.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

LawfulWaffle posted:

I like the “vicious” ex-wife who would withhold child visitation rights from a deadbeat who doesn’t make child support payments. Dad’s whole family sounds like poo poo, who gets fired from a gas station for lack of drive and passion?

The “I’ll pay you back”/“You don’t even have gas money” exchange is satisfying. Dude decided his nephews or nieces were more important than his kids, open and shut case

Shes not wrong but neither of their behavior is helpful to that family existing as a family much longer. She’s gotta make a choice to either pull the trigger on divorce or make it work.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

sean10mm posted:

The entire genre of stories involving a seemingly squared away wife supporting a totally parasitic manbaby who contributed nothing for years never fails to blow my mind. Like I know there's some bias and some of them are just made up but holy poo poo, what is the secret to all these turbo failures getting women to just let them leech off of them?

big dick energy

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Hellblazer187 posted:

The problem is not the fact that he's doing 3 hours of exercise. It's the fact that he's doing 3 hours of exercise instead of earning money. If he earned a salary as well the yoga stuff would be a lot more tolerable.

I think he would even be better off if he wasn't putting on what probably feels like an exercise parade while the only breadwinner is working.

There are a whole lot of ways he could probably still be lazy about work. He just has to be less of a front street rear end in a top hat about it.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

oh, also, about towel guy- this wonderful exchange happened and I'm sure you can deduce how the rest of the comment chain went down:

quote:

INFO: is your gf a different race?

quote:

She’s biracial, but I don’t know why that matters.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

thunderspanks posted:

oh, also, about towel guy- this wonderful exchange happened and I'm sure you can deduce how the rest of the comment chain went down:

RIP to this man

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

thunderspanks posted:

Lmao:ghost:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

GigaPeon posted:

Does anyone have the story where a guy was getting married and the father's present was to do a special dance with his brothers and wife but the guy wasn't allowed to dance cause he was too much of a goof or something?

I think about it a lot. WHAT WAS THE DANCE???

AITA for teaching my son a dance routine?

quote:

I'm forty-seven years old, and I am the father of three sons, aged 27, 25 and 24. I am very close with my two younger sons, but I just do not get on with my oldest son as much. I guess I love him as much as my other sons in theory, but we just don't click as well, and we don't have the same interests.

Myself and my wife both work as dance teachers, and my two younger sons are both professional dancers (they both work in serious stage productions). My oldest son is an accountant, and has always been very uncoordinated, so I never taught him to dance. Two years ago, myself, my wife and my two younger sons created a family dance routine, that included the four of us, which we frequently performed for the extended family. When my three sons came to visit us, we would perform the dance for my oldest son. We are currently trying to go viral on TikTok, but have not yet had any success.

My oldest son is supposed to be getting married this year, but has had to postpone it till next year due to the virus. I have decided to give him his present early, and his present is a new dance routine, just for him. I have made it incredibly simple due to his lack of rhythm but it looks quite good. His wife was even included it, but she refused to learn the dance, so I had to redo the choreography to make it a two-person dance instead of a three-person dance. It is a shame she couldn't be part of it, as it was (and still might be) the first dance at the wedding.

Now, the problem is, my other sons got very jealous when they heard I was dancing with my oldest son. They are saying that dancing was a thing the three of us and their mother shared. I think that it is very unfair not to include my other son in my passion, and it was a wedding gift, so it is different to normal circumstances anyway. My wife agrees with my younger sons. My oldest son is starting to back out of the daily dance lessons. I feel very bad about the whole situation. AITA?

This dude had a whole series about being an absolute tool regarding dancing.
I seem to recall something along the lines of "if she had a miscarriage, we'd do a tasteful, demure dance"

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Yeah this also baffles the poo poo out of me. That's why I said yoga guy is a top 10%er for this thread. He's not a total waste - he's fit and does housework. A lot of these losers just play video games and remain totally unwashed.

There seems to be a lot of "boiling the frog" happening: two people get together, they both seem to have their poo poo together enough, they move in together, one loses their job, the other covers all the expenses temporarily while the first job searches...

Then the "job search" never goes anywhere, because they're the type of person who needs Actual Consequences in order to take any action. They seem to be thinking, "Why would I bother getting a job, which is annoying and hard, when my partner is willing and able to pay for rent and food?" not realizing that the partner is a ticking time bomb of resentment.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Soylent Pudding posted:

So I'm a working mother of 3 kids (9,11,5).

Accidentally golden child rankings?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

LawfulWaffle posted:

who gets fired from a gas station for lack of drive and passion?

Sounds like HR speak for 'repeated no call/no show' or 'flatly refused to do his job.'

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I think that's just the explanation he's given for why he keeps getting fired. It's not his fault! If he gets fired that just means the job sucked too much, that's all!!!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cythereal posted:

Sounds like HR speak for 'repeated no call/no show' or 'flatly refused to do his job.'

He could also have been an inexcusably slow worker. Like, maybe a task of doing inventory that should take an hour took him half a day or something. I guess that's pretty close to flatly refusing to do the job.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

LawfulWaffle posted:

"But baby, you know that it's important that I do stuff that makes me happy, right?"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

sean10mm posted:

like 90% of this thread's content exists cause people never learned how to be alone and will accept the absolute lowest grade of human company rather than face the prospect

also a good number of this thread's posters

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

like 90% of this thread's content exists cause people never learned how to be alone and will accept the absolute lowest grade of human company rather than face the prospect

also a good number of this thread's posters

A shitload of things make sense when you realise the overwhelmingly prevailing societal attitude in living memory has been what amounts to 'gotta marry someone'.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

quote:

Dear Care and Feeding,

Everyone on my husband’s side of the family are hardcore Disney fans. This has been mildly annoying and amusing during the 10 years we’ve been together, but it’s bugged me a lot more since we had a baby. My son was born last year, and my husband and his mom and siblings have already taken two extended weekend trips to Disneyland, leaving me home alone with the baby because I didn’t want to travel with a newborn during a pandemic.

Now, my MIL wants all of us to go on a weeklong Disney-themed cruise next spring, which would eat up half of my annual leave, not to mention being super expensive (about $10,000 including flights). I’m becoming more resentful and contemptuous of my husband’s fandom. I know he has really positive memories of family trips to Disneyland growing up and all that, but it seems weird for a 40-year-old man to spend hours a day watching Disney vloggers on YouTube and planning elaborate Disney vacations with his mom. Also, while I don’t really have anything against Disney (grew up watching Lion King, Mulan, etc.), I want to protect my son from all this Disney indoctrination! Any suggestions on how I can do this, without raining on everyone’s parade?

—Against the Mouse

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

sean10mm posted:

In the specific instance of the yoga maniac yeah, but most of these guys seem to also be couch potatoes who don't wash their nuts.

All you have to do is look at the number of women asking how they can tactfully ask their boyfriends/husbands to wash their poo poo-caked buttcracks, shovel a foot of festering pizza boxes off the livingroom floor, occasionally spend time looking after their children, not spend 6 hours solid glued to a videogame, not scream slurs at the top of their voices etc etc without hurting their poor wittle fee-fees.

It's an amazing demonstration of how well the social conditioning of women to never complain and never hurt other people's feelings works.

(My favourite one ever was "he left poo poo on the bathroom counter how do I bring this up without embarrassing him?" Yes, actual human poo poo. Presumably his own.)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Absolutely do not associate with Disney Adults. They may seem quirky and harmless on the surface but these are universally dangerous broken people.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Absolutely do not associate with Disney Adults. They may seem quirky and harmless on the surface but these are universally dangerous broken people.

Caveat: except for Defunctland, though I think he’s more overall a theme park fan than Disney Adult

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

teen witch posted:

Caveat: except for Defunctland, though I think he’s more overall a theme park fan than Disney Adult

Defunctland is pretty good, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna watch that nearly two hour video on FastPass and queues.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Cthulu Carl posted:

Defunctland is pretty good, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna watch that nearly two hour video on FastPass and queues.

You should. It's pretty damned amazing how badly Disney hosed things up but removing it now would just gently caress things up more.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

Real talk it’s worth the length. Way more interesting than I had thought.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

husband obviously sucks but I gotta wonder what "disney indoctrination" is supposed to mean, because I have a hard time parsing it as anything other than not wanting her kid to learn that minorities are people

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

husband obviously sucks but I gotta wonder what "disney indoctrination" is supposed to mean, because I have a hard time parsing it as anything other than not wanting her kid to learn that minorities are people

I have no idea how you possibly came to that conclusion.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

teen witch posted:

Defuntland is a youtube treasure and madman. 1 1/2 hour video on the Disney Fastpass! Who does that?

His videos on Jim Henson are really good.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

It's like there was a whole story about an unhealthy disney obsession before that phrase that would provide context

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

what

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
nonononono

On a plane to do a big gesture for my ex: I need your help

quote:

Female, 22, about to see my ex Male 24. We were together for 2 years, broke up 10 months ago, he moved 2 weeks ago, since then i had a revival.

Hello reddit, I have been a bad human and a bad lover and this is me owning up to it.

This is a very long story with a very complex storyline, but I will keep myself short so you dont lose interest. I hosed up, badly, and now the person who I love want provably nothing to do with me. Its been 10 months of him waiting and when I finally wake up and realize that what I've always wanted was right infront of me, he is gone.

Read: last time i saw him was 2 weeks ago, ever since he has told me he want nothing to do with me.

I am now on a plane, on the way to a country i haven't been in for so long, to try to pour my heart out to the only person i have ever loved but whom I have seem to broken completely because of my bad actions and hard words. I'm doing this in corona times and all.

I am on my way right now and I'll be landing and taking a 3 hour bus and then go off and I want to make a huge effort and a big gesture and i might need your help trying to figure out how to express my love and regret to my ex.

This is the plan: I get off the bus and wear a tshirt I made with a text saying that I am his biggest fan, now and forever. I have a big bouquet of roses and a box I made with all the things he love. I have signs like in Love Actually and a speaker and i will stand in the park waiting for him. I will play our favourite song and show the signs and I'm planning on buying him a ring but that might be too much of a obsessive thing than it is romantic. This is all I have so far, what do you all think? Is there anything i should do different or add? Bare in mind he is very very very hurt by me and probably want me dead so this might just make it worse but i need to do SOMETHING to show him I love him and that i am so sorry.

I want to give my entire heart and if it doesnt work then i know i tried the best i have in me.

EDIT: I did tell him a few days ago that I was coming, and he instantly told me that I need to sleep at his place and not book a hotel. This might be just out of kindness but maybe there is hope

TL:DR; trying to tell my ex I am sorry and that I love him by doing a big gesture and flying to his country to go to the park and express my feelings. I want input incase anyone of you here has done any big gestures to win your ex back!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I never got exposed to very much Disney stuff as a kid - I think I saw Sleeping Beauty once and that's pretty much it.

Why?

Because my mother loathed Disney films. When she was a teenager, she went to the cinema with friends to see the latest Bond, but the usher didn't think she was old enough, so she had to watch The Jungle Book instead.

lol

edit: ^^^ oh no ^^^

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I have no idea how you possibly came to that conclusion.

I'm 99.99% sure OP is wrong about that conclusion but there's been a whole bunch of people complaining that Disney got too woke in the last few years.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

teen witch posted:

nonononono

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

this is definitely something you want to speak to a therapist about

teen witch posted:

nonononono

:sickos:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i really wish the title post was always linked in the op. i always get curious but never can find the post and dont wanna ask every time .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

The Walrus posted:

i really wish the title post was always linked in the op. i always get curious but never can find the post and dont wanna ask every time .

Search on reddit instead of search engines, some of these are too recent to have been indexed by search providers.