Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Outriders was the fault of the devs not understanding what made the game fun and loving ti up, it's not a gaas. I SHOUld probably give it another chance now that they've made some changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

HebrewMagic posted:

Dog you are taking this poo poo weirdly personal

Eh, I really dont. I was mostly trying to be self depricating at the end there. Ive been defending and arguing about poo poo I love on this dumb site for 17 years, this isnt anything new to me. Its always a good spar to me.

I love the game despite its many flaws. Its one of the main connections me and my best friends have since I moved last year and we all love it. I love the community and have met some great people through the game. I speak to and play with some of the devs from time to time so I definitely am rooting for the games success.

I guess maybe its personal in the sense that yeah, I dont really get why its amusing to actively cheer for something to fail that a lot of hard working devs and artists care about and work their asses off on or have passion for and then to salivate over the idea of pointing and laughing at them if it does just so you can stroke your ego over being "right". Thats super loving weird to me. There is an unshakeable cynicism that I can understand comes from general industry/GaaS frustrations so I do get that and sure, gently caress the suits who push the bullshit like XP boosters, but there are a lot of people who work on this game that genuinely care about it and are working to improve it after its disastrous launch.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Nah they only got dogpiled when they started to get all defensive and call everyone childish for saying mean things about the game.

In what world is taking time out of your day to shitpost about a video game you dont play on a forum not inherently childish? Just own it, its SA, its ok.

Invalid Validation posted:

It’s fine if you like the game. I still do for the most part. But I’m sure as poo poo not going to say it’s ~good~. It’s trashy and sometimes it’s fine to like trash.

The first three words I ever said in this thread were "I am a trash gamer".

But I do think its good. There are good things about this game. Great things even, IMO. There also some very bad things but I think at its core it is good and only getting better.

TheAgent posted:

Yeah like more than 1 percent of players are going to do a coordinated raid type thing in this

What an absolutely stupid move

The general consensus from most of the community is a lot of excitement, everyones ready for a new challenge and the new build potentials. The only people not excited are solo players or people to shy for an lfg, but isnt this pretty typical for most endgame raid style content? How is it any different than the way Destinys raids function?

(I am genuinely asking)

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

RagnarokZ posted:

I was right about Fallout 76, Anthem, this poo poo and loving Outriders.

And I will never stop mocking people for buying GaaS and not realizing just how exploitative this bullshit really is.

Oh no, I agree. gently caress GaaS, it's loving terrible.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
That's why I'm rooting for all of these games to fail.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I don't root for GAAS games to fail. If they could ever actually deliver on what they promise, it'd make for a great experience.

But you know what else is in that boat? Star Citizen.

Both situations are doomed to fail based entirely on the fact that reality and linear time do not support the things promised. At least its not directly physics cockblocking GAAS like SC, but the core issue always ends up that the endgame is poo poo. When your entire selling point of a GAAS game is that there is constantly new, amazing endgame, the endgame being poo poo is kind of a big problem. But content takes way longer to make than it does for people to get "done" with it, and it is not remotely economically or manpower hours feasible to churn out content for any game at a rate that would satisfy people.

It basically ends up with many of the same issues of an MMORPG, except they assume the players only interacting in small groups somehow reduces the issues in scale when you're still dealing (hypothetically) with just as many players but an even faster demand rate.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The only game that's done it right is Fortnite.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I like good games and dislike bad games

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Soonmot posted:

Outriders was the fault of the devs not understanding what made the game fun and loving ti up, it's not a gaas. I SHOUld probably give it another chance now that they've made some changes.

Outrider is a GaaS, with all the monetization ripped out, it's walks, talks, smells and farts just like the rest of them, for some odd reason, all the microtransactions have been torn out and thrown away.

It's almost like some bizarre experiment.

Orv
May 4, 2011

RagnarokZ posted:

Outrider is a GaaS, with all the monetization ripped out, it's walks, talks, smells and farts just like the rest of them, for some odd reason, all the microtransactions have been torn out and thrown away.

It's almost like some bizarre experiment.

I'm beginning to suspect you don't actually know what GaaS is despite yelling about them constantly.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Outriders is Borderlands.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Soonmot posted:

Yeah, Outriders is a much better game now, and it's not a GaaS title either. I think people have legitimately been really unfair to Outriders, the devs have said its not a GaaS title even. Even when it first came out, it was still a pretty fun game. The online requirement is hilariously bad though and still needs to be removed, but otherwise it really is a good game.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, Outriders is a much better game now, and it's not a GaaS title either. I think people have legitimately been really unfair to Outriders, the devs have said its not a GaaS title even. Even when it first came out, it was still a pretty fun game. The online requirement is hilariously bad though and still needs to be removed, but otherwise it really is a good game.

yeah i loved it at launch and wish it had leaned a little harder in the silliness of the one promo side mission with the sniper, it wasn't until things started getting nerfed instead of buffed that I stopped playing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Soonmot posted:

yeah i loved it at launch and wish it had leaned a little harder in the silliness of the one promo side mission with the sniper, it wasn't until things started getting nerfed instead of buffed that I stopped playing

Yeah they reversed course on that and started buffing things again thankfully. Although a bit too late. There was some new content just added, but im too busy with other games now to want to go back to play through it again.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Happy Spider-Man day. He looks alright, definitely not a Black Widow clone. You may wanna hold off on updating right now as some people are reporting missing units.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBhx1F9OcwA

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

I came to this thread hoping to hear people talk about Marvel's Avengers and only one post on this page had anything to do with this game. Um...

Is this game good? I'm looking for something like Destiny but a brawler not an FPS. Yeah yeah?

Orv
May 4, 2011

anothergod posted:

I came to this thread hoping to hear people talk about Marvel's Avengers and only one post on this page had anything to do with this game. Um...

Is this game good? I'm looking for something like Destiny but a brawler not an FPS. Yeah yeah?

It's a very bad Destiny-like and a pretty competent brawler.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It's got a ok single campaign and a lovely end game. You'll probably like it on a sale or gamepass or smth.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's on gamepass and it's fine. The postgame content is very poorly designed, but you'll get an easy 10 hours out of it no problem.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

anothergod posted:

The combat's nice enough but the rest of the game feels too shallow. Couldn't be bothered to beat the main game but it might be more fun if you have a steady group of friends.

In the end,, I paid sixty dollars for a game I wouldn't play for free.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I got a good couple months of play out of it. The problem is, you can see the bones of a good game underneath all the bullshit. If you can get it for $30 or less go for it.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

anothergod posted:

play it on game pass and see what you think

do not buy it blind

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol holy poo poo what in the gently caress are these costumes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-h1ENSM7kQ

huge difference between this and the GOTG game, wherein they gave you classic costumes with references to many comics and alter egos. I think the Eidos team had a lot of passion and knowledge of the IP they were working with while Crystal Dynamics just barely understood what the gently caress the Avengers were, hence the very bad "nonvengers" faces and profiles as well as the completely nonsensical skins most characters have that were designed with seemingly zero thought about who the characters are.

Orv
May 4, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

huge difference between this and the GOTG game, wherein they gave you classic costumes with references to many comics and alter egos. I think the Eidos team had a lot of passion and knowledge of the IP they were working with while Crystal Dynamics just barely understood what the gently caress the Avengers were, hence the very bad "nonvengers" faces and profiles as well as the completely nonsensical skins most characters have that were designed with seemingly zero thought about who the characters are.

The faces and the choices of costume are very probably all at the behest of Disney/Marvel and CD basically only got to pass things up the chain for approval or denial. We know the faces at least are because they have the Avengers IP license but not the MCU one.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I get that the MCU likenesses would have been waaaay too expensive to use, but that doesn't mean they had to make such BLAH looking boring faces as a result

same with the default outfits which are also BLAH looking

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

DLC Inc posted:

The Prodigy suit is by far the worst. Why do a Prodigy suit if you make it look nothing like Prodigy?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

loving around with spiderman and I can confirm that if you don't own the ps4/ps5 version of this game, don't even bother owning it lol. spiderman is a messy and chaotic pinball that is the dumbest and most fun way to play the game. doubly so if you have a full 4-man team of just spidermans webbing and whipping people all over the loving place. it's a game in itself to see if you can beat up an enemy before another spidey ziplines over to gank them for themselves. his voice actor is hot trash and he doesn't even get his own unique missions but hey, if you have the game sitting around, 4-spidey team is worth seeing at least once for how batshit it is.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

should be the paparazzo outfit :argh:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This probably explains why Kamala Khan is the best character in the game. Which isn't say much still, the bar is very low.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The Spidey voice actor is very bad, he sounds like the nerd character on a underfunded Netflix exclusive. End it doesn’t help that the last guy who did an entire game Spider-Man was really, really good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

The Spidey voice actor is very bad, he sounds like the nerd character on a underfunded Netflix exclusive. End it doesn’t help that the last guy who did an entire game Spider-Man was really, really good.

I brought this up earlier in this thread, but it's completely laughable and insulting that Spider-Man DLC for Avengers is PlayStation exclusive, when PlayStation already has two really good AAA Spider-Man games with a 3rd one in development right now. No one is going to want to play this trash when Miles Morales is a million times better.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Animating Spider-Man seems like a full-time job for multiple people, not something you can just throw in any game engine.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
well the raid sucks for multiple reasons but lol if someone crashes at any point you can't complete it because there's no mid mission rejoining

also no checkpoints so have fun restarting a 2 hour raid with zero rewards

absolute loving stupid design and waste of dev time. just like I expected almost none of the small, hard-core playerbase is even attempting it

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
That no mid join poo poo is ROUGH

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s a very stupid decision I would expect them to make.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I fully expect them to fix it long after anyone who cared to try it sold the game or deleted it off their console. That seems to be their M.O.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Raids super fun. Have run it 3 times with only one small bug. Loving the new loot. Status leaks and sonic conduit are absolutely insane when we coordinate our builds.

Looking forward to the 2022 roadmap for this dead game

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Liar Lyre posted:

I fully expect them to fix it long after anyone who cared to try it sold the game or deleted it off their console. That seems to be their M.O.

Eh I’ll keep playing it. Is it going to be my main game like a multiplayer game or a satisfying looter shooter is? No.

Is it a fun way to kill a few hours in an afternoon playing a brawler where my favorite comics characters play in ways that actually suits them? It’s not at Marvel Heroes level of terrible, mutated perfection but it is pretty decent for that.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Finally got some serious play time with Spidey. It’s nowhere near as good as the Insomniac game, but he’s pretty fun. The auto targeting on the web-zip attack is horrendous though. I do like the rework to the cosmetics. Yeah, it’s just loot boxes, but it’s a reason for me to hop on every day, play a mission real quick, and open a box or two. Sure, most of it recolors, but I do have a good looks for everyone now.

Edit: big rumor now is She-Hulk is the next hero. Makes sense, she’s getting a Disney+ show this year, probably around the spring.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Liar Lyre posted:

next hero.

As someone who really enjoyed this game when it came out:

What?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

It's just going to be plain Hulk with long hair.