Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin

Space Fish posted:

FDA approval was delayed in lieu of wanting more data.
The $GOON thesis remains unchanged - their patents/products represent a genuinely useful and efficient development in medical technology, and their chances of approval are as close to a given as it gets, with every expectation of significant upside post-approval, especially during this recent run below $1.
The risks remain as well - someone imitates them, one or more members of the small team gently caress off or die, too much time passes and they simply go broke before their wildest dreams take root.
Or maybe GE gains an appetite and leapfrogs collaborating with them in favor of outright owning them - sure hope we get a generous buyout price in that case!
Alternately, there could be a weird mixture case where they get approval but hosed over in the process, tanking the price after so much bag-holding.
Just two cents from an optimistic bag-holder.

I thought someone else said that they aren't making any sales in Europe where their device is apparently already approved? Another goon mentioned being in the industry and is bearish on $GOON, but I don't think they provided much context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Last I checked Wallstreetbets was trying to decide whether GME was going to go up in response to new pandemic strains because there will be a flight to safety in meme stocks which is good for GME, or the price would go down which would make it harder for "the hedgies" to pay for their shorts which is also, unsurprisingly, good for GME.

Either way it's very important to them that this is all the global elites doing and that trump would have saved us from this.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Bought another 800 shares of OpGen (OPGN) @$1.54.

A little good news for NDRA - They signed a deal with VGI Health Tech. to use their TAEUS devices to measure results for their upcoming phase 2 IVB001 study. http://investors.endrainc.com/prviewer/release_only/id/4953987 Still holding on to my shares, just waiting...

movax
Aug 30, 2008

So how long is this going to stay green before actually dipping? I sold off a bunch of my QVML today for some gains, fully expecting to rebuy it in 48 to 72 hours.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ARTPUP posted:

Bought another 800 shares of OpGen (OPGN) @$1.54.

A little good news for NDRA - They signed a deal with VGI Health Tech. to use their TAEUS devices to measure results for their upcoming phase 2 IVB001 study. http://investors.endrainc.com/prviewer/release_only/id/4953987 Still holding on to my shares, just waiting...

I think this is good news in that it suggests the device works; but I doubt a phase 2 study needs more than like, a dozen devices or something, so the actual device sales are presumably a blip on their cash statement. It's nice as an advertisement though!

PG&E can't be $GOON2 because it's basically a blue-chip dividend company. $GOON has to be asinine tiny companies with negative money and handwavey gooney stories about them, like that company that made boats for oil platform servicing, or that company that made gamer computer mouses. Also more than one of us has to actually buy some and so far I think Hadlock is the only one buying PCG.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

PG&E can't be $GOON2 because it's basically a blue-chip dividend company.

PCG hasn't paid a dividend in over 3 years, has been exiting bankruptcy, and posted a GAAP loss last quarter. Their long-term debt exceeds their cash on hand by a factor of 100.

They may very well be a blue-chip dividend company in the future, but uhhh, that's a bit premature.

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
It’s sofi

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

movax posted:

So how long is this going to stay green before actually dipping? I sold off a bunch of my QVML today for some gains, fully expecting to rebuy it in 48 to 72 hours.

Powell/Yellen talk to congress and Mester/Clarida do a Q&A at the Cleveland Fed tomorrow. They could potentially tank things if they all come out super hawkish. Pretty unlikely for Yellen/Powell at least. Only other catalyst for a dip this week would be treasury auctions on Thursday, if those go very badly.

Other than that gotta wait for the FOMC meeting in a couple weeks.

Market breadth and MOC have both been abysmal (Nasdaq was 246 new 52 week lows and 18 highs today, and 55% of tickers were declining, with the index up 2%). Those should be early warning signs but it’s been like that for weeks. Maybe months. Maybe years.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

pmchem posted:

PCG hasn't paid a dividend in over 3 years, has been exiting bankruptcy, and posted a GAAP loss last quarter. Their long-term debt exceeds their cash on hand by a factor of 100.

They may very well be a blue-chip dividend company in the future, but uhhh, that's a bit premature.

Ok that's fair. They were a blue-chip dividend company, for decades. Now, they're a temporarily-embarrassed blue chip company, with new management doing its best to toe a line that avoids a strong enough public call for breaking up the company or the state fully taking it over for one of those things to actually happen, while also trying to cope with a century of deferred maintenance and the horrific human (and financial) liabilities that represents. Plus the law that says they can't pass the liabilities related to their negligence onto the rate payers.

I think PGE is likely to recover, eventually, but I don't know what year that will happen, and there's still considerable downside risk. In those respects, it's a great candidate for $GOON2 or whatever. But I'd be interested in hearing if anyone besides Hadlock is actually buying it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

mildly interesting tweets of the day:

https://twitter.com/HedgeMind/status/1465455993328787457?s=20
hard to call those guys bears.

https://twitter.com/bespokeinvest/status/1465449865803182091?s=20

imagine owning shares in a tele-health company during a goddamn multi-year pandemic and seeing the stock be flat since pandemic onset

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

LibCrusher posted:

It’s sofi

Yeah if we're placing 6-9 month bets, SoFi as a business case looks really really good. My guess is that if they post two more quarters of growth and hitting earnings (in my non professional, lay person opinion, seems very likely) analysts will continue to raise their price targets, and if/when the market settles/rallies it'll take SoFi to $30+. At $18/share right now it's looking like a pretty good deal (average analyst Target right now is $25), and worst case scenario makes for a medium term swing trade target during lead up to earnings in February. I've been backing up the truck every pay period for a while now

If SoFi ever gets their bank charter, there's a non zero chance it pops off and we all buy ourselves platinum sa status

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

pmchem posted:

imagine owning shares in a tele-health company during a goddamn multi-year pandemic and seeing the stock be flat since pandemic onset

Hi, I bought $AMWL at $24 and was too stupid to sell it when it started tanking.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

pmchem posted:

mildly interesting tweets of the day:

Fuuuuuck I have a bunch of pre IPO stock in one of their competitors

:downsgun:

Edit: I mean, it makes sense. At the beginning of the pandemic, getting a covid diagnosis via video chat seemed like a good idea, but it very quickly became obvious that getting a covid test is the only way to know for sure; you can't do a covid test over zoom and 24 hour covid tests can be bought off the shelf now

I think telehealth is still a growth industry, but yeah I definitely agree that teledoc was grossly overvalued at $300

If anyone has business questions about teledoc I can try and answer them, but make no promises about the accuracy

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 30, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have no idea what those telehealth companies do, but all of my online doctor's appointments over the last two years have been over Zoom and I don't know why you'd need anything else.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I see a variety of brain, body & penis doctors and they have all been doing 100% in-person appointments since May. Zoom/Video chat is a very COVID-era thing and not so relevant in modern times

Teleheath Companies sound like something that won't exist soon

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

All of the money is in providing low cost medical services to businesses' employees to reduce business health care cost provided to employees

Turns out you can't race to the bottom markets like first world medical care labor, there's no money in direct to consumer, so it's the value add as a middle man. The actual video technically is just a licensed api, there's no technology magic there. By not having brick and mortar offices you can reduce overhead cost quite a bit

Without blue chip companies buying your value add product it's not actually a very good service, it turns out

Edit: the actual only profitable parts of direct to consumer telemedicine are:

1) women's UTI antibiotics prescription
2) my kid/baby did did/said this, is it ok, or should we go to the hospital

Direct to consumer therapists are also profitable, for some reason, and has good recurring revenue

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 30, 2021

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i do telehealth with my psych since i need to see someone for pill refill scripts. it's great that i don't have to go to an office for it. why would i ever want to go in person

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
fwiw the stocks gonna jump again tomorrow at open like they did today.

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006

The Fattest PI posted:

I see futures a sea of red as of 7am GMT across most markets....

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

It’s cause the MRNA ceo said vaccines are likely less effective against omicron

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Regeneron also saying the antibody treatment won't work as effectively. I'm holding some cash until the inevitable "omicron detected in USA" headlines.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Looks bad

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
It appears I am mistaken.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

The Fattest PI posted:

At the time of this post, DJIA futures were -250

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Hadlock posted:

Fuuuuuck I have a bunch of pre IPO stock in one of their competitors

:downsgun:

Edit: I mean, it makes sense. At the beginning of the pandemic, getting a covid diagnosis via video chat seemed like a good idea, but it very quickly became obvious that getting a covid test is the only way to know for sure; you can't do a covid test over zoom and 24 hour covid tests can be bought off the shelf now

I think telehealth is still a growth industry, but yeah I definitely agree that teledoc was grossly overvalued at $300

If anyone has business questions about teledoc I can try and answer them, but make no promises about the accuracy

Telehealth is only going to grow as time goes on. Telehealth visits aren't necessarily better or more efficient, but they're a quick and easy billable service.

My guess is that, years from now, any doctor's office visit is going to be preceded by a tele-visit with your doctor to determine if you need to come in. We already kind of see this now - if you tell your doctor's office you have COVID symptoms, you either do a televisit, or meet someone at your car window.

If they continue to merge and centralize healthcare systems (having giant hospital campuses to serve large areas instead of numerous competing hospitals), you'll likely have the option to triage via televisit.

US healthcare isn't about better care, it's about finding new and different ways to add poo poo to your bill, and telehealth is a really easy way to do so.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Get me the Manager of Money immediately, this is unacceptable

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’ll call JPow

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

poisonpill posted:

I’ll call JPow

You're too late, he dropped "transitory" so it's panic sell time.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Last half of the 3 month spy chart is starting to look kind of flat

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

If you think about it bears make more sense for winter anyway.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Hadlock posted:

Yeah if we're placing 6-9 month bets, SoFi as a business case looks really really good. My guess is that if they post two more quarters of growth and hitting earnings (in my non professional, lay person opinion, seems very likely) analysts will continue to raise their price targets, and if/when the market settles/rallies it'll take SoFi to $30+. At $18/share right now it's looking like a pretty good deal (average analyst Target right now is $25), and worst case scenario makes for a medium term swing trade target during lead up to earnings in February. I've been backing up the truck every pay period for a while now

If SoFi ever gets their bank charter, there's a non zero chance it pops off and we all buy ourselves platinum sa status

Bought a few shares below 18, there are enough pending catalysts that this seems like a fun ride.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
/me looks at portfolio

Well that was a bad idea.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
A good day for the Cortexyme-heavy investor

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

A good day for the Cortexyme-heavy investor

Unless you were the investor at $120 lmao

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
How do I make my stonks change color

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

sold a few stinkers on my canadian dollar side today

sold my RIVN and LCID, didnt make or lose any money on it they balanced out.

bought a bunch of GOGL for the upcoming dividend.

want to get back into RBXL eventually

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
So I knew that getting involved in stocks would make the market crash but I didn’t think I’d cause a new Covid variant in the process. My bad.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Queering Wheel posted:

How do I make my stonks change color

hth

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
MOC $2.6 billion to sell side on a pretty big Ted day and the indexes rocket the last 5 minutes and are still shooting up after hours. I see no news. Very weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

MOC $2.6 billion to sell side on a pretty big Ted day and the indexes rocket the last 5 minutes and are still shooting up after hours. I see no news. Very weird.

End-of-month rebalancing is my guess.