Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Be aware that Amazon is currently in a snit with Visa, and may rebrand the card as a Mastercard in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

When that happens in either direction (Chase Freedom, Penfed Power Cash, etc) current cardholders usually get to keep the version they have, so that may be another reason to get it now while it's still Visa.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

saintonan posted:

Be aware that Amazon is currently in a snit with Visa, and may rebrand the card as a Mastercard in the near future.

I thought said snit was specific with Visa UK and not Visa in general?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FunOne posted:

I thought said snit was specific with Visa UK and not Visa in general?
Yes but there are rumors they may do the same in the US. I have a Prime Visa and don’t really care if it’s Visa or MC since I have multiples of both.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That seems extremely good for a no AF card especially since our monthly Amazon bill is pretty ridiculous. Plus, the 2% on gas stations and drugstores also removes the need for one of my legacy AAA BoA cards.

E: I already have a CSR. When I applied for the Prime account, I was given a $5k CL but when I logged into Chase site, it lists as $28.5k. Not that it matters much but thought that was odd.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 18, 2021

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
I had to call the reconsideration line for the Amazon card because I forgot I froze my Experian report. When they reran it and approved me I got told by a human person it had a similarly high credit limit, but the "Your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card application is approved" email they sent after listed an "Initial credit limit" of $5000.
Chase site is showing the higher credit limit I got told on the phone.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

That seems extremely good for a no AF card especially since our monthly Amazon bill is pretty ridiculous. Plus, the 2% on gas stations and drugstores also removes the need for one of my legacy AAA BoA cards.

E: I already have a CSR. When I applied for the Prime account, I was given a $5k CL but when I logged into Chase site, it lists as $28.5k. Not that it matters much but thought that was odd.

Chase has been handing out automatic CLIs on that card like crazy. Presumably it's to beef up the portfolio before it gets sold off to Amex or Synchrony.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Most (if not all) Chase cards added a new benefit: https://gopuff.com/go/chase

quote:

$10 Monthly Gopuff Statement Credit: You will receive a $10 statement credit each month you make a qualifying Gopuff purchase of at least $10 through 12/31/23. Qualifying Gopuff purchases include only those made by you, or an authorized user, with your eligible credit card through gopuff.com or the Gopuff mobile application (excluding gift card purchases). We do not determine whether merchants correctly identify and bill transactions as being of a certain type. Payment through third-party payment accounts, or online or mobile digital wallets (like Apple Pay and Google Pay), or purchased through third parties are excluded from this offer. Statement credit will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement within 1-2 billing cycles after your qualifying Gopuff purchase posts to your account. Account must be open and not in default at the time the statement credit is posted to your account. Chase is only responsible for posting the statement credit to your credit card account, based on information supplied by Gopuff. Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or the failure to provide, Gopuff benefits and services. Additional fees, terms and conditions may apply. Order minimums may apply. Gopuff delivery not available in all markets. Must be 21 or older to purchase certain products. Eligible credit cards: Chase Freedom card, Chase Freedom Unlimited card, Chase Freedom Student card, Chase Freedom Flex card, Chase Sapphire card, Chase Sapphire Preferred card, Chase Sapphire Reserve card, J.P. Morgan Reserve card, Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Card, British Airways Visa Card, British Airways Visa Signature® Card, Disney® Premier Visa® Card, Disney® Visa® Card, World of Hyatt Credit Card, Iberia Visa Signature® Card, IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card, IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card, IHG® Rewards Club Classic Credit Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card, Marriott Bonvoy BoldTM Credit Card, The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Employee Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card, Starbucks® Rewards Visa® Card, United ClubSM Card, UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card, United MileagePlus® Select Card, United MileagePlus® Awards Card, United MileagePlus® Card or UnitedSM Explorer Card.

It's convenience-store type stuff (with similar pricing); it looks like they might be delivering from BevMo! locations.

Minimum order amount is 10.95, delivery costs $1.95, and you should of course tip your delivery driver. The $10 credit seems most useful if you just want a few quick things.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Yes but there are rumors they may do the same in the US. I have a Prime Visa and don’t really care if it’s Visa or MC since I have multiples of both.

Seems like the underlying bank is more important than Visa vs MC. Chase gets a lot of charge volume through that Amazon card. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are paying Amazon for the right to offer the card.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The card system absolutely cares too. Visa / MC / Amex all get a chunk of that revenue.

This might not be as much at stake as when Costco changed from Amex to Visa, since Amazon will still accept other cards, but even the transaction volume alone of just Amazon card purchases at Amazon has to be something the other networks would love to add.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
I dropped my new phone yesterday and cracked up the rear cover and bottom of the screen nicely. I bought with my Amex, so I'm hoping I'm covered for the accident protection here.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Am I going to have to go get a bunch of quotes for repair or will I be able to file and substantiate then just get a new phone? How terrible is the process?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

so 2% cb question

i have

chase sapphire preferred
chase freedom
chase amazon

i got the amazon one back in july so i could get money back for all the dumb stuff i buy on there (and for groceries)... so since the 6 month time frame that people recommend waiting between credit cards is coming up i'm looking for a 2% cb card.

i have accounts at fidelity and paypal, and assuming i pay off my card in full every month the 2% citibank card, 2% fidelity, 2% paypal all seem to be relatively the same... there is the alliant one at 2.5% but that requires an account with them and also gives you cashback after you accumulate $25 (someone who knows: is it if it's just redeemed only above $25 or if it does $25 increments which would "leave" some money on the table if i ever cancel the card or stop using it).

so barring the basic restrictions... are those cards all the same in the end if i pay off all the cards? since all my cards are visas should i care about getting a mastercard or is there no difference? just want to make sure there isn't anything i'm not accounting for...

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

so 2% cb question

i have

chase sapphire preferred
chase freedom
chase amazon

i got the amazon one back in july so i could get money back for all the dumb stuff i buy on there (and for groceries)... so since the 6 month time frame that people recommend waiting between credit cards is coming up i'm looking for a 2% cb card.

i have accounts at fidelity and paypal, and assuming i pay off my card in full every month the 2% citibank card, 2% fidelity, 2% paypal all seem to be relatively the same... there is the alliant one at 2.5% but that requires an account with them and also gives you cashback after you accumulate $25 (someone who knows: is it if it's just redeemed only above $25 or if it does $25 increments which would "leave" some money on the table if i ever cancel the card or stop using it).

so barring the basic restrictions... are those cards all the same in the end if i pay off all the cards? since all my cards are visas should i care about getting a mastercard or is there no difference? just want to make sure there isn't anything i'm not accounting for...

They're basically all the same. The Fidelity card is through Elan. The PayPal card is through Synchrony. Citi is Citi. They've all got their fair share of reasons to hate them, but they're all fine in the end.

There is something to be said for having a card on a different network and from a different bank. Wells Fargo had their outage a couple years ago. Amex had an outage recently. It's nice to have multiple backups.

I'm probably going to replace my Wells Fargo Active Cash at some point with an Amex Blue Business Cash since it seems to just be an automatic statement credit and I don't have to wait for $25 to accumulate.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Strong Sauce posted:

so 2% cb question

I always recommend the PenFed Power Cash if you don't mind leaving $500 in an account with them to get the 2% rate, because they seem to be a decent CU and it's the only card I know of that can be set to automatically redeem your monthly cash back into any account of your choosing without any minimum or input from you at all.

If you have a Fidelity account and don't mind being restricted to only depositing your cash back there, that one is similarly hands off.

Do not under any circumstances get one of Alliant's cards. They're points-based instead of pure cash back so you have no guarantee of your rewards' value long term. Alliant has already tried slashing the value of all points by half (existing balances included, effective immediately, and with zero warning), and only reluctantly rolled it back when people started leaving in droves and taking their cash balances with them. You should usually avoid "cash back" cards that reward points instead of statement credit or legit cash for this reason (I make an exception for Chase because UR points are very desirable and have not changed value in eons), but that is doubly true of Alliant's. Imo that was a very telling decision for a credit union that's technically owned by the customers and supposed to act in their interests when it comes to products offered. They've shown they don't give a single gently caress and there's absolutely nothing to stop them from trying that again in the future

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 30, 2021

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Do we think Wells Fargo is trustworthy enough now? The unauthorized accounts scandal left a bad taste for the entire brand in my mouth.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

For me it was their role in the subprime mortgage run-up, complete with "mud people" commentary about their customers, but there are few wrong answers for staying the hell away from Wells Fargo. If they are truly the only physical bank in your town, then fine, enjoy their 2% card I guess, but I would stay away.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Unsinkabear posted:

I always recommend the PenFed Power Cash if you don't mind leaving $500 in an account with them to get the 2% rate, because they seem to be a decent CU and it's the only card I know of that can be set to automatically redeem your monthly cash back into any account of your choosing without any minimum or input from you at all.

If you have a Fidelity account and don't mind being restricted to only depositing your cash back there, that one is similarly hands off.

Do not under any circumstances get one of Alliant's cards. They're points-based instead of pure cash back so you have no guarantee of your rewards' value long term. Alliant has already tried slashing the value of all points by half (existing balances included, effective immediately, and with zero warning), and only reluctantly rolled it back when people started leaving in droves and taking their cash balances with them. You should usually avoid "cash back" cards that reward points instead of statement credit or legit cash for this reason (I make an exception for Chase because UR points are very desirable and have not changed value in eons), but that is doubly true of Alliant's. Imo that was a very telling decision for a credit union that's technically owned by the customers and supposed to act in their interests when it comes to products offered. They've shown they don't give a single gently caress and there's absolutely nothing to stop them from trying that again in the future

hmm thanks for the tip on alliant.

were you able to sign up and apply for the cc at the same time so they'd only pull your credit once? i also don't see the $500 requirement anywhere, it just says i have to maintain a checking account with them.

also it looks like its capped to $2500 per month for 2% back. so most of these cards are capped around $2-$2.5K sans the fidelity one? that kinda makes fidelity look more attractive to me especially since i could probably move the money back into my bank account... right?

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

Ogmius815 posted:

Do we think Wells Fargo is trustworthy enough now? The unauthorized accounts scandal left a bad taste for the entire brand in my mouth.

Not even the unauthorized bs that is keeping me from using them nowadays. I bought an AC unit on a 0% apr special that basically just had the entire cost loaded up on a virtual WF credit card and they have been completely unable to setup autopay from my credit union on their system. They are the only financial organization that have had any issue setting up autopay with my credit union.

I fill out the automated webform to setup autopay and I get a confirmation email that they setup autopay - but it doesn't work! Then I get a piece of mail 2 weeks later telling me to fill out manual forms and send a check and somehow they still can't get that to work. Try the automated form and enter the same loop of being asked to send in physical paper requests that never work. So now every month for the next 3 years or so I get to log in once a month and pay the bill and remember how much WF sucks.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
I get people being upset with Alliant, but I don't agree they are at avoid under all circumstances level. Any credit card can basically devalue their points systems at any time and unilaterally. This is rarer for a cashback card, but not impossible. Don't stockpile your points, use 'em or lose 'em.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Ogmius815 posted:

There's nothing WF has that I can't get at least as easily from anyone who is not WF.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

also it looks like its capped to $2500 per month for 2% back. so most of these cards are capped around $2-$2.5K sans the fidelity one? that kinda makes fidelity look more attractive to me especially since i could probably move the money back into my bank account... right?

It'll put it in your Fidelity cash management account, and from there you can ACH it wherever you like.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Strong Sauce posted:

hmm thanks for the tip on alliant.

were you able to sign up and apply for the cc at the same time so they'd only pull your credit once? i also don't see the $500 requirement anywhere, it just says i have to maintain a checking account with them.

Leaving $500 in the checking account makes it fee-free, sorry I wasn't more clear on that part. The cap is news to me and a bit disappointing, but I'm usually not hitting $2500/mo (that's $30,000/year) on my general 2% card anyway. I would double-check to make sure you actually will before eliminating anything on that basis.

The Fidelity one is a solid option if you'd rather go that way, though.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

One other plus on the Fidelity card is that Elan occasionally emails me specials on the card. I'm currently on two of them: one gives me an extra 2% on movies and streaming services (up to $500 spend), and another 2% (again up to $500 spend) on restaurants and food delivery. That makes those effectively 4% in those categories for November and December, since I'm unlikely to cap either one of those. They also periodically send offers for uncapped 1% bonuses once you reach some unreasonably high spend level (mine was $2700 in two months). Those are less attractive unless you have some large spend lined up anyway, but the plus is that if you do hit that spend, you effectively have a 3% card for the remainder of the promotion.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Ogmius815 posted:

I mean everyone on the internet says to run from them, but I've banked with them since they bought Wachovia and I've never had an issue.

I did move to Chase this year, but mostly because I deposit my tips after work every night and the three Wells Fargo ATMs on my way home are all sketchy.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

saintonan posted:

It'll put it in your Fidelity cash management account, and from there you can ACH it wherever you like.
cool, thanks. good to know.

Unsinkabear posted:

Leaving $500 in the checking account makes it fee-free, sorry I wasn't more clear on that part. The cap is news to me and a bit disappointing, but I'm usually not hitting $2500/mo (that's $30,000/year) on my general 2% card anyway. I would double-check to make sure you actually will before eliminating anything on that basis.

The Fidelity one is a solid option if you'd rather go that way, though.

i have very fine tastes... in lotion.

saintonan posted:

One other plus on the Fidelity card is that Elan occasionally emails me specials on the card. I'm currently on two of them: one gives me an extra 2% on movies and streaming services (up to $500 spend), and another 2% (again up to $500 spend) on restaurants and food delivery. That makes those effectively 4% in those categories for November and December, since I'm unlikely to cap either one of those. They also periodically send offers for uncapped 1% bonuses once you reach some unreasonably high spend level (mine was $2700 in two months). Those are less attractive unless you have some large spend lined up anyway, but the plus is that if you do hit that spend, you effectively have a 3% card for the remainder of the promotion.

yeah i think given the fact i already have a fidelity account i'll probably go with them.. if there's no restrictions on the 2% that's easier for me. some months i won't spend much but others it'll go over $2K easily.

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 1, 2021

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Has anybody gotten the Venmo credit card? I got an offer for 6% in my top spending category, 4% in the next, and 2% on everything else, for 3 months. Holy poo poo that's a good offer. There has to be a catch and I'm wondering what it is and that's why I'm making this post.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Has anybody gotten the Venmo credit card? I got an offer for 6% in my top spending category, 4% in the next, and 2% on everything else, for 3 months. Holy poo poo that's a good offer. There has to be a catch and I'm wondering what it is and that's why I'm making this post.

The catches are it's through Synchrony and there's no desktop website to view transactions or make payments.

Also your available credit takes a week or so to rebound after you make a payment (apparently this goes away after a while once Synchrony trusts you?).

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I have an amex platinum card and then I pay ~$200/year for my wife to get her own card on my account, or however that works

Wife has a new job and booked like $10,000 in travel over the last month (paid by the company... rental cars are a $bitch right now) but it shows up on my statement and is absolutely freaking me out, makes it really difficult to track my own expenses since we've sort of combined our finances to some degree

Can we get amex to just like, give her her own platinum card, at a reduced rate or something, or has anyone heard of getting your platinum annual fee expensed by the company? I zeroed out the amex bill at the beginning of november, put my typical monthly spend on it and just about had a heart attack when I saw it had a $12,000 balance on there

Wife is probably going to book $8-10,000/mo in reimbursable travel expenses a month in perpetuity, does she need to get a business card through her work or what

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Hadlock posted:

I have an amex platinum card and then I pay ~$200/year for my wife to get her own card on my account, or however that works

Wife has a new job and booked like $10,000 in travel over the last month (paid by the company... rental cars are a $bitch right now) but it shows up on my statement and is absolutely freaking me out, makes it really difficult to track my own expenses since we've sort of combined our finances to some degree

Can we get amex to just like, give her her own platinum card, at a reduced rate or something, or has anyone heard of getting your platinum annual fee expensed by the company? I zeroed out the amex bill at the beginning of november, put my typical monthly spend on it and just about had a heart attack when I saw it had a $12,000 balance on there

Wife is probably going to book $8-10,000/mo in reimbursable travel expenses a month in perpetuity, does she need to get a business card through her work or what

Honestly I'm not seeing the issue. You can already break out expenses charged by authorized users so you can see pretty quickly what charges are hers, and you're just Scrooge McDucking into all those MR points. You're already at pretty much the optimal setup.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Hadlock posted:

Can we get amex to just like, give her her own platinum card, at a reduced rate or something, or has anyone heard of getting your platinum annual fee expensed by the company?
Typically, no for both.

quote:

Why not have her apply for a business card herself? The Amex platinum has a business card as do many other brands, including ones that offer free airline lounge entry for their card holders if she’s going to be doing a lot of flying. I doubt she’d be able to expense the annual fee, but no harm in asking.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Kind of amazed any company is having employees put $10k of spending on their personal cards.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

smackfu posted:

Kind of amazed any company is having employees put $10k of spending on their personal cards.

It happens if you’re a contractor. I do the same thing. When I had a W2 job as a direct hire with a company, I had a corporate card. But as a contractor for a similar company, they either provide a corporate card, or allow you to use your own and reap the benefits.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

saintonan posted:

Honestly I'm not seeing the issue. You can already break out expenses charged by authorized users so you can see pretty quickly what charges are hers, and you're just Scrooge McDucking into all those MR points. You're already at pretty much the optimal setup.

Yeah, this, I really wouldn't complain about getting so many free points... just get used to the high balance.

Pretty much the only way to optimize rewards further is to get her to start churning, i.e. frequently opening/closing new cards purely for the sign-up bonuses. It's easy to fulfill a lot of sign-up bonus requirements with so much spend, but is of course a hassle to deal with all the different cards.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Hadlock posted:

I'd have her get an Amex Green for those expenses since it gets 3X points on travel. The Platinum is really only good for booking flights.

Chase Sapphire Reserve is another option if she's got good credit on her own (being an AU on your Plat doesn't really count).

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

smackfu posted:

+1 on this. My last company refused to reimburse any corp spending on personal cards. We had a couple guys abusing the system* and churning 5 to 10K a month on their personal cards and so they changed policy from "strongly encouraged" to use the corporate card or we're not reimbursing you.

*Regular travelers were expected to use the corporate card, but folks that only traveled once or twice a year could get away with using their personal cards. These folks pretty much traveled for a living and should have been using the corp card the entire time.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

She technically starts middle of December due to overlap reasons, some of the travel is related to relocation scouting etc

We want the Amex platinum for access to centurion lounges, since they have them in all the airports we regularly frequent, which is how she ended up as an extra on my card

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
seems to me getting a bajillion free points through money laundering is good. loved that poo poo when my work let me do it. i opened a new line just for work money janitoring tho. made it easier to reconcile the statement against reimbursement receipts too. since you can filter the amex by user seems solved.

astral at one point u reccy the usbank+ card for utilities (5%!!!!). i would love to put my utilities on one card. i was reading and theyre like rotating categories (like discover) but in ur xp (or others xp) does the utility category thing stay there most of the time? i really want all my bills on one statement so i can more easily track the numbers on them. see if spectrum is loving MY rear end, again. =D. but if its not there most of the time i can put on citi double cash or smth. (e: i am aware the isp and cell phone dont count for the 5% utility category, lmfao. da fuk. nice country we got here.)

also my update on my sofi card which nobody uses but i advocate for some reason: i redeem my pts into SPY and for some reason I couldn't for a few days while the market was being all wild. HMMM BIG THINK. it's Apex Clearing (same as RH i think dun dun dun maybe not im not im not an expert) but then it turned on again. anyways the chat support doesnt work and told me to call. so i called and was on hold for one billion years and then xfered to another line and then the line disconnected. well i gave up at that point but then my issue resolved (not being able to redeem into SPY) so i said whatever. but something to keep in mind. like many other "TECH COMPANIES" they have no end user supprt and ur own your own to RTFM or tweet at them. not really thrilled about doing (((BANKING))) like that so will not open more lines other than the CC and teensy brokerage for redeem CC crystals.

my 2c for this thread today. love this thread. LOVE to janitor CCs. my credit rating nearly 800 now (hard to do with dog poo poo income lol)

one more Q is i want an amex kuz i think theyre cool. i was think the green one but idk what to put on it. all the cash back ones seem bad. best return is 1.5% on the cash magnet. then again idk wtf i'd spend on it. im confused, and also stupid IRL.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Smythe posted:

astral at one point u reccy the usbank+ card for utilities (5%!!!!). i would love to put my utilities on one card. i was reading and theyre like rotating categories (like discover) but in ur xp (or others xp) does the utility category thing stay there most of the time? i really want all my bills on one statement so i can more easily track the numbers on them. see if spectrum is loving MY rear end, again. =D. but if its not there most of the time i can put on citi double cash or smth. (e: i am aware the isp and cell phone dont count for the 5% utility category, lmfao. da fuk. nice country we got here.)
You get to pick two categories every quarter, so you can pick utilities for one and cell phone or isp for the other (probably whichever is the larger bill).

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shroomie posted:

You get to pick two categories every quarter, so you can pick utilities for one and cell phone or isp for the other (probably whichever is the larger bill).

thanks bruv. are they always on the list? or do they get rotated out for "hockey tickets" or something every so often?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Smythe posted:

one more Q is i want an amex kuz i think theyre cool. i was think the green one but idk what to put on it. all the cash back ones seem bad. best return is 1.5% on the cash magnet. then again idk wtf i'd spend on it. im confused, and also stupid IRL.

Blue Cash Everyday gives you 3% back on grocery stores if you aren't getting better elsewhere; if you spend more than a certain amount it might make sense to get the Blue Cash Preferred for 6% back instead.

I don't know if the Resy offers for Green/Gold/Platinum I posted earlier still work, but if so they're pretty good.

Smythe posted:

thanks bruv. are they always on the list? or do they get rotated out for "hockey tickets" or something every so often?

They don't change very often: the last changes I remember were the removal of 'bookstores' (worked on Amazon) and the addition of 'cable/streaming'.